PDA

View Full Version : Stop the madness!!

Billy The Kid
04-14-2008, 10:26 PM
To shun the Chief from the picnic and give the Cornelius Award the boot is ridiculous. We may be not seeing eye to eye with him, but the man is still the Chief. The family that sponsors that award will be disappointed as will the previous recipients. This is turning into a debacle.

04-14-2008, 11:31 PM
I agree, it is not the issue of the presenter, but the award itself.

04-15-2008, 12:08 AM
I can not believe the decision was unanimous? Was there no one at the meeting that felt that was wrong?

04-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Doesn't the award come with a savings bond for the winner? Isn't the nominal costs of a few diners small potatoes???

04-15-2008, 01:26 AM
The award has alot of history and has been presented by the Cornelius family for 20+ years. The Chief has been here for 27 years. Like him or not, he still needs to be respected. The award needs to stay. The Reverend has lost his mind.

[/list]

04-15-2008, 02:13 AM
It's me, 553, you all know who I am. I know I don't know everything that is going on, I don't go to the meetings, and I only hear what is talked/gossiped about. I have mixed feelings about the meetings and our union, BUT that's doesn't mean I don't RESPECT or appreciate them for what they do. You all know that my best friend is on the BOARD, you know the MATRIX.
So it is MY FAULT for not knowing what is going on, BUT COMMON F%$^%SENSE SAYS THIS...

1.Guess who stood behind me in line to get into the banquet, the Mayor, pre-apology again PRE APOLOGY.
2.If we are cutting the Cornelius award because of money, HOW F^%$%#&*n PATHETIC---see above reference #1. can you be any more disrespectful to the families of all involved?
3.SEE the paragraph above, I used the word RESPECT, if in fact we are not inviting the CHIEF to the picnic, I say this, FOR WHATEVER REASON, IT ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.....SO AGAIN I SAY THIS. r e s p e c t

HEY CHIEF, YOU WANNA GO TO THE "COMPANY PICNIC", you can go with THOR, Mrs. Thor and the 3 little thorzzzzzzz

04-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Two sides can disagree to the bitter end, but in a situation like this, respect should always be given. Playing silly games is not going to help our situation.

Plan the attack! Make it on the proper topics, in the proper place, at the proper time, and to the target audience. Point out the corruption and waste to the people who need to know.

We have plenty or cards to play. And with a little work, I am sure even more cards can be found.

The budget is a good place to start. The cars/garage, the television show, the sworn positions that do not serve the purpose of protecting the public...it goes on and on.

You might be able to start a war with spitballs, but you won't win it with them.

04-15-2008, 04:14 AM
No one can argue the current board is passionate with their actions and opinions and are tireless with their effort. It would seem the recent Emails to the chief regarding the Cornelius and picnin may have been off base. Just an opinion here, but there definately has to be a separation from the bargaining table and the outside relationship between administration and Union. History has always had the Cornelius award at the banquet and the Chief has always stopped by the picnic. Now if you argue that it should not have been that way for umpteen years and it is time to change, then why now? It seems not only unprofessional as Union leaders and members, but also childish. Now, at a time of tense relationships between the two, we say, we're having a party and you can't come? And we appreciate arguably the top award, but find another place to recognize it. We are not Steel Worker Unions from Pittsburgh. We have to come to work and have to do what we have been sworn to do, regardless of political BS. We just can't not come in and slam our fists down and say no...That seems to be the way we are handling things now.

Such a good start by going after financial records and proving poor spending and leadership, is ruined by the recent "taking my toys and going home move". How perfect would it have been to break bread on a Saturday and show professionalism, then go to the table armed with proof of poor leadership on Monday. That is what we need to strive for.....regardless of the circus the city throws at us. Put simply, You have to be better than the other guy. Now, we are drawing a deep line in quick sand....

04-15-2008, 05:46 AM
How long will it be before the "I am only your humble servant and a broken man" speech is posted?

This was all your idea Walser and now is the time for the membership to put someone in your place who can sensibly guide us through these difficult times. Stating in an email to the Chief of Police that this decision was unanimous by the membership was not true and a clear misrepresentation of the facts - which is the way you operate.

Walser should resign his position immediately.

04-15-2008, 08:52 AM
I agree with many of the posts listed in this thread. I think eveyone was shocked at the way the last meeting went and expected much more than we got. Many were left shaking their heads and were embarassed by the way things were handled. From the accusations that JQ contacted the mayor to inform him the basis for the meeting to the yielding to the sword speech.

I think that the award should stay and the chieft should always have an open invitation to any/all police related functions. RESPECT has been the common voice of this thread and I agree.

The membership needs to take a close look at the direction this union is headed and realize that we are headed down a path of no return, just ask FD. Chop off the head of the snake and take "MAYO" with him.

What are you going to do when someone invites the chief as "their" personal guest to a function? Ban that dues paying member?

04-15-2008, 11:51 AM
You are all the pot calling the kettle black. None of you have the respect you say you have for the chief. He is playing everyone for a fool. JW may have gone about this the wrong way but you all talk out one side of your mouth and when the chips fall you go and talk out the otherside of your mouth. I've stood by some of you while you're ranting and raving about how the chief has no respect for the rank and file and that something needs to be done. If I had a quarter for every disrespectful thing said about the chief,I wouldn't have to work for this back stabbing agency. Some of you posted that the chief has stopped by at the FOP picnic, either (A) you don't know what you're talking about or (B) you haven't been to the picnic in a very long time. He has never stopped in on the picnic in the last 7 years. Why was he asking to stop in now? The chief is losing his mind and so are many of you. As I stated before JW may have gone about this the wrong way but he only did what all of you talk about but are to cowardess to do yourself. Stop sitting on the fence. IF you fell so strongly about what is going on let JW know. The chief sent that email out in that manner to get the pity of the people. He is working us all. Open your eyes and see him for what he is.

04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Looking back at past post.....I see the chief was the topic of mal-content. Some of the posting was that he was out for only himself. I still think this is true. I can't believe how hypocritical, we all are. Chief Klein, if you feel so strongly about it, come to the picnic, no one is stopping you. We will embrace you with open arms but we will also talk behind your back about how no good you are, that’s because its how we roll. Something new will come to past and the sway will happen again. Don’t talk about respect because no one has respect but for themselves. The Klein machine will roll over us time and time again but we are to dumb to see it. Chief Klein you should have been trying to gain the respect of your men along time ago but all you did was keep us in the dark and feed us nothing but lies. I won’t be surprised when the star man rolls in to take us over. Is that not what you wanted to happen to us anyway? You may have our so called sympathy now but that will change tomorrow. JW, I believe the path you took was probably not a good one but you did do what we asked, though we have seemed to have forgotten that. Stay true to yourself and the membership. All will work out.

04-15-2008, 02:10 PM
The issue should be the Cornelius Award and not the picnic. And when we talk about respect, it should be respect for the position of Chief and not the man. He has lost most of our respect a long time ago when he empowered Dewey to run this department into the ground.

When these issues arise, we should all be able to vote even if we can't make the meeting. Why not vote on issues by private email? You could print out the responses for the official record and then everyone would have an equal opportunity to be heard.

JW the Cornelius Award should stay and you should go.

04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Wow!!!

I agree with most of the posters on here about taking the high road and acting professional. I think it is a shame that the CHIEF has led this agency for the better part of 3 decades and gets treated like a homeless bum when the road starts getting bumpy. Banning him from an FOP picnic is just wrong. The rejection of the Cornelius Award is wrong to the Cornelius family and spiting ourselves in the long run.

We don't have to agree with the Chief's management of this agency at this time. It is without a doubt that morale has been sinking for awhile and that can be attributed to a multitude of things including Staff. We need to remain professional on our end and not appear to make this seem personal.

If the Chief and Staff can't come to a picnic should they be expected to come to the FOP Banquet ?

JW means well but I think on these topics we should have handled business as usual. Invite him to the picnic, keep status quo for the Cornelius Award, and let the Chief know that we still do like him as a man but will do what we need to do on a professional business level to meet our objectives.

04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
For those of you posting. Do you realize that your fellow brothers and sisters were at this meeting, where notes were taken in reference to this situation. Many of them, actually all of them voted that the "Cornelius" award be abolished from that banquet. Supervisor and officers in the same room requesting this. If you didn' want it, why didn't you speak up. Is it because you are nothing but cowards. This is not JW's doing alone, alot of these people played a part. Give it a rest. From the email I received, It looks like it was a heads up for the chief about the picnic so that he is not confronted or embarassed by his rank and file and he took it the wrong and decided to play on the sympathies of everyone. You are all mal-contents with selfish motives. It doesn't matter if it were JW, the chief or someone else you guys will always have something to say. Crawl back under your rocks. You make me sick!

Dirty Harry
04-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Here we go again, let's blame JW for what the memborship wants. If you weren't at the meeting shame on you. The hall was packed to include 3-LT's, several Sgt's, Ofc.'s, and PST's the motion was on the floor then voted. No one voted "Nay." There were some very Senior men and women in that room who wouldn't be embarassed to speak their mind and or tell JW he and the board are out of line. No one voted, "Nay." If you want to take a look at the log at the next meeting and see who was there. Go to the meetings and be heard the board does what we tell them.

Some of you complain and don't do anything about it. We want staff to tell us what stage 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc is and stop keeping us in the dark. If you were on the chopping block you would like to know if you should start applying elsewhere for employment when you might actually enjoy your job here.

To say the Chief has always gone to these functions in the past, Bu*****t, I have been here a long time and haven't seen the chief at any Easter picnic, Irish Night, UFC night, or any function other then when Wild Turkey is served.

We need a plan to get rid of some senior DC, Capt, LT how about a DROP plan, COLA, Multiplier, hey Billy Horne get r done already. Now what we really need are more LIEutenants around here (Watch commanders) right JQ. Staff 1 you keep paying them to do nothing NM, MW and so on they will never leave!

04-16-2008, 04:39 AM
For those of you posting. Do you realize that your fellow brothers and sisters were at this meeting, where notes were taken in reference to this situation. Many of them, actually all of them voted that the "Cornelius" award be abolished from that banquet. Supervisor and officers in the same room requesting this. If you didn' want it, why didn't you speak up. Is it because you are nothing but cowards. This is not JW's doing alone, alot of these people played a part. Give it a rest. From the email I received, It looks like it was a heads up for the chief about the picnic so that he is not confronted or embarassed by his rank and file and he took it the wrong and decided to play on the sympathies of everyone. You are all mal-contents with selfish motives. It doesn't matter if it were JW, the chief or someone else you guys will always have something to say. Crawl back under your rocks. You make me sick!

If the members voted that the Chief can't come to the picnic than they are dumb fu@ks. Because I disaree then I guess I'm a coward. You make me sick is a good quote because that's the way a lot of us fell about your quote.

04-16-2008, 04:47 AM
"If you weren't at the meeting shame on you", same old story. Say this a thousand times and it still doesn't make it right. Find another way to take a vote from the membership on significant issues, when you know in advance the the majority can't/don't/won't go to the meetings. We are dues paying members and those who attend meetings aren't any more imporatant than those who don't.

04-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Can anyone (with minimal sarcasm) say why the Cornelius Award was taken out of the Banquet program? This family has nothing to do with anything that is being thrown around and seem to only have the interest of recognizing the police in mind. So we penalize them because we have issues with the Chief? The Banquet lost a lot of class by lowering it to a simple FOP social function instead of a high end Banquet.

Along with the SHAME as previous stated for not going to the meetings....equal shame for disgracing those who received awards and those who may receive it in the future.

And you can hold off if your going to throw out cost as a reason....If it costs the FOP $1000.00 in free dinners to show off the Union and how solid we are as a unit, then that is what classy unions do.

04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
No one ever said you non meeting members were less important. You would think though, that if it was of "significant" importance and you felt so strongly about it you would make it a point to come. This whole Cornelius has nothing to do with the family or the chief for that matter. I have been around this PD for a long time and have heard the complaints and comments by dues paying members about the award, inside and outside of meetings and to include at the banquet so don't go on about respect and that it is shameful. Many of you wanted this so it happened and now you are all being played liked fools by the chief. The chief is gonna step on all your heads like he always does, you'll get mad like you always do and then he'll dangle a carrot in front of your noses and then you'll love him again. Circle of life at the PD. Not one person is to blame, look in the mirror and as you stand side by side with each other. I agree with Dirty Harry and a few other post. The chief never shows his face at any other functions but decides he wants to go as times get rough, for what, to tell us he's one of us. I don't think so. See the writing on the wall, people...HE DOESN"T CARE ABOUT YOU, NEVER DID, NEVER WILL. Many not all complained about the Cornelius award long before this "vote" and now it is such a hot topic because the chief got his feelings hurt. Again, I'm sure this was not to play the chief or to disrespect the family or the awards recipients. It was because MANY of us wanted it gone. Know that facts before you judge being in the dark does no good, If you can't make a meeting, make a call and ask about the issue at hand, ask for the minutes and if you have a problem, say something about it. If your going to meetings and you have a problem with certain issues, say something about it. Being in the dark or pretending to be in the dark to avoid responsibilty won't help as you wave bye-bye to CPD and say Hello to the PCSO. Think about it!!!!!

04-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey Okay.....

I am glad you realized the obvious with your comment and all. Oh by the way, spell check before posting. It holds more weight that way. Well maybe not. :twisted:

04-17-2008, 03:48 AM
Hey Okay.....

I am glad you realized the obvious with your comment and all. Oh by the way, spell check before posting. It holds more weight that way. Well maybe not. :twisted:

Wow you must be real proud to point out a typo as a comeback. I have a feeling you are the real coward and hide behind that badge as a tough guy. Too bad you have to be tough on an anonymous website. I understand the idea of posting without repurcussions but you Sir, calling people cowards because they have different viewpoints, show you lack class as well as balls.

04-17-2008, 05:29 AM
[quote="HEY OKAY":2rrwaan4]Hey Okay.....

Wow you must be real proud to point out a typo as a comeback. I have a feeling you are the real coward and hide behind that badge as a tough guy. Too bad you have to be tough on an anonymous website. I understand the idea of posting without repurcussions but you Sir, calling people cowards because they have different viewpoints, show you lack class as well as balls.[/quote:2rrwaan4]

Look who's talking. I never called anyone a coward; they or you did that for me. You "ma'am" are no better then I, I am sure you are a master at hiding. I have to agree with you I may lack class but I am sure you lack the balls. :evil:

04-18-2008, 01:04 AM
I know you are, but what am I?