Statute: 800.04(5C2) LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR-VICTIM 12YOA UP TO 16YOA OFFENDER 18 Y
Charge on arrest docket: LEWD/LASCIVIOUS VICTIM 12-16 INFO FILED
Bond Type: SBN Bond Number: AG00364164
Purge Number: Purge/Bond Amount: 150,000.00
Surety: 0.00 Cash: 0.00 Bond Exp.: PTR/SBN #AG00364164 $150,000
How Released: SBN
Upgrade/Reduction:

04-15-2008, 02:46 PM
He used to be the President of the Florida Association of School Resource Officers, (FASRO). Pretty scary to think.

04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
He used to be the President of the Florida Association of School Resource Officers, (FASRO). Pretty scary to think.

Whatever happened to, "Innocent until proven guilty"? You're scary!

04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
His picture tells the whole story. He was always weird to begin with.

Scary man! No less president of a kids organization.

04-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Does anyone know the circumstances of his arrest?

04-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Why don't you a$$holes take a break? Hell of a thing to be condemned by a bunch of angry, bitter, small minded punks who don't even know the facts that led to the arrest before deciding he's guilty and letting the world know. Not only was George a fellow police officer but he was a damn good one and he was, and is, a good friend to any who knew him. I can't imagine what he may have done to any of you to treat him like sh!t when he is going through, what I would imagine, is the worst time of his life.

I would like to think that were I ever charged with some bs that I would have just a little support from fellow police officers but I guess the reality is that there are too many people like the others on this post who would be all to happy to belive the first thing that they heard. And to think, you dumb son of a bit#@es are the ones who are supposed to be impartial and, I would hope, have learned by now that there is always more to a story than you might read in a biased news article or "I heard...".

Police work is a profession that requires the use of a mind. You basta#@s obviously slipped through the cracks. Hope nothing ever happens to you or no one ever makes up some crap accusation. Then again, I'm sure it will be the truth because, by God, someone else said it was.

04-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Why don't you a$$holes take a break? Hell of a thing to be condemned by a bunch of angry, bitter, small minded punks who don't even know the facts that led to the arrest before deciding he's guilty and letting the world know. Not only was George a fellow police officer but he was a darn good one and he was, and is, a good friend to any who knew him. I can't imagine what he may have done to any of you to treat him like sh!t when he is going through, what I would imagine, is the worst time of his life.

I would like to think that were I ever charged with some bs that I would have just a little support from fellow police officers but I guess the reality is that there are too many people like the others on this post who would be all to happy to belive the first thing that they heard. And to think, you dumb son of a bit#@es are the ones who are supposed to be impartial and, I would hope, have learned by now that there is always more to a story than you might read in a biased news article or "I heard...".

Police work is a profession that requires the use of a mind. You basta#@s obviously slipped through the cracks. Hope nothing ever happens to you or no one ever makes up some crap accusation. Then again, I'm sure it will be the truth because, by God, someone else said it was.

Wow...didn't take your meds today, huh?

Published: Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Retired LPD Officer Arrested, Accused of Fondling Girl
By Jeremy Maready

Police Reporter
Dept.: Metro Desk
(863) 802-7592

http://www.theledger.com/article/200804 ... /265246662 (http://www.theledger.com/article/20080416/BREAKING/265246662)

LAKELAND | A retired Lakeland Police officer and former president of the Florida Association of School Resource Officers has been arrested and charged with forcibly fondling a 13-year-old girl in 2006.

George Mort, 60, was arrested April 3 and charged with committing a lewd and lascivious act on a victim under 16 years old.

He was released April 4 after posting a $150,000 bail.

04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I agree! Innocent until PROVEN guilty, folks.

04-17-2008, 01:09 PM
It would not be the first time that kids lie and not understand the ramifacations of the lie. I hope he is innocent, but either way, his life is ruined. As you can see here on this site, he has already been found guilty and sentenced.

04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
According to the report he made "pinky promise" with a 14 year old girl and has been the suspect in another lewd/lasc investigation in the past. I am supporting the Police Officers who put all the hard work in to investigate the case and arrest him. Are you saying they are wrong in their probable cause and bad officers? Come on lets support them.

04-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Im just saying that until I hear the evidence myself and can make my own assesment, he is innocent until proven guilty.

04-17-2008, 06:46 PM
To LPD,

Remember, we all have bad apples in our Department. Dont think that everyone looks down upon all of you just because of one. Just remember that 80/20 percentage... for 20% of bad cops worldwide, theres 80% good ones that we never hear.

Unfortunately, the reason why this and all are being blown out of proportion is because its a big deal. First priests, now teachers and cops. Just remember if you havent done anything wrong, keep your head up high.

PCSO

04-19-2008, 02:22 AM
U think he would have learned something from Mike Plav.