PDA

View Full Version : Mod is trampling our 1st amendment rights

04-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Merrill's censorship of this site is appauling! Who is he to hold sway over what he may or may not consider offensive. He apparently has never heard of the First Amendment and the right to free speech. I am certain he will become acquainted with the First Amendment when he is hit squarley between the eyes with a law suit. As a State of Florida employee he has no right to limit my speech or anyone elses. Some people must learn the hard way. His all inclusive determinations as to what is proper are beyond his scope as a moderator. He will be in for some surprises he may not enjoy. Namely, as a defendant in a First Amendment law suit along with the State of Florida for allowing this to continue.

MOD 1
04-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Merrill's censorship of this site is appauling! Who is he to hold sway over what he may or may not consider offensive. He apparently has never heard of the First Amendment and the right to free speech. I am certain he will become acquainted with the First Amendment when he is hit squarley between the eyes with a law suit. As a State of Florida employee he has no right to limit my speech or anyone elses. Some people must learn the hard way. His all inclusive determinations as to what is proper are beyond his scope as a moderator. He will be in for some surprises he may not enjoy. Namely, as a defendant in a First Amendment law suit along with the State of Florida for allowing this to continue.

Who is Merrill?

There is no Merrill as a Moderator. Last guess.

I think you need to read the Terms of Use a little more closely if you have read them at all. I don't take kindly to anonymous posters threatening to sue any person they believe is a moderator for me, because of how they moderate a message board. If you have an issue with how a moderator moderates a message board you should email me.

Mod 1

04-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey man, de Mod done already splained to you dat you ain't got no freedom of speech. Dis be a private site wid it's own rules. You wanna practice yo rights, go to central office and tell da director what a hag she be.

04-12-2008, 10:40 PM

Man you are really stupid, the State of Florida has nothing to do with this web-site. You do not have freedom of speech here. Trying to sue a moderator on this board for deleting your post is like suing the bouncer at the gay bar you go to for not letting a straight guy in. Get over yourself, better yet go somewhere else and harass other people.

04-12-2008, 11:26 PM

Man you are really stupid, the State of Florida has nothing to do with this web-site. You do not have freedom of speech here. Trying to sue a moderator on this board for deleting your post is like suing the bouncer at the gay bar you go to for not letting a straight guy in. Get over yourself, better yet go somewhere else and harass other people.

Anyone who disagrees with my opinion is a jerk.

04-13-2008, 01:28 AM
I find it very cowardly that the Moderators remain annonymous yet they want all of us to put our names to what we write. Why don't you get a pair of nuts, moderator and put your name down instead of MOD 1? Oh, you don't have any that's right. WIMP, COWARD and typical of FL "law enforcement!!"

04-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Anyone who disagrees with my opinion is a jerk.

To "Anyone who disagrees with my opinion is a jerk."

The above remark reminds me of an incident I had with a motorist several years ago (off duty). At an intersection he got out of his vehicle, approached me and asked "Do all people from Brevard County drive like you?" I responded, Who wants to know?" He said, I do, you drive like an asshole." My reply: I am an asshole so what are you going to do about it?" He turned and walked away looking just as stupid as you must look having made your remark about the Mod being a jerk.

Mod 361
04-13-2008, 12:56 PM
OK. This can't be put in simpler terms:

1- Private website = no rights

2- You keep bashing, we keep deleting.

3- Criminal accusations must be backed by your name.

4- This website belongs to Mod 1, and how it is run, what is considered offensive, and what the moderators are allowed to do is Mod 1's perogative.

Happy Posting!

Mod 463
04-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Yes it can.. Mod 1's site, Mod 1's rules, you don't like it.. LEAVE :wink:

MOD 1
04-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Listen, I don't own the web site, but I do have the authority and the backing of the owners to enforce the Terms of Use as I interpret them. This is a Law Enforcement Forum Forum by Law Enforcement Officers for Law Enforcement Officers.

With that in mind, if you want to make any type of allegations against a named person, or provide enough information about an unnamed person, that I or any semi-intelligent person with a little research can determine who you are talking about, then it will be deleted and you will be banned. This includes not only criminal allegations but, personal issues, as well as work issues, that could cause some one disciplinary action at work. Don't make allegations against anybody. There's just isn't any need for it.

People's personal lives are just that, personal. Please leave them of the boards.

You can bring up issues that need to be discussed without out making allegations against a person. There are ways to discuss a persons politics or policies without making it a personal attack. Posting a name is not a violation of the Terms of Use, it is the context in which it is post that makes it a violation or not.

In short, there are many ways you can choose to say the same thing. Choose the right way and you wont' get deleted. Choose the worst way, and it will get you banned.

Mod 1

04-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Listen, I don't own the web site, but I do have the authority and the backing of the owners to enforce the Terms of Use as I interpret them. This is a Law Enforcement Forum Forum by Law Enforcement Officers for Law Enforcement Officers.

With that in mind, if you want to make any type of allegations against a named person, or provide enough information about an unnamed person, that I or any semi-intelligent person with a little research can determine who you are talking about, then it will be deleted and you will be banned. This includes not only criminal allegations but, personal issues, as well as work issues, that could cause some one disciplinary action at work. Don't make allegations against anybody. There's just isn't any need for it.

People's personal lives are just that, personal. Please leave them of the boards.

You can bring up issues that need to be discussed without out making allegations against a person. There are ways to discuss a persons politics or policies without making it a personal attack. Posting a name is not a violation of the Terms of Use, it is the context in which it is post that makes it a violation or not.

In short, there are many ways you can choose to say the same thing. Choose the right way and you wont' get deleted. Choose the worst way, and it will get you banned.

Mod 1

I think its funny how people who took LEGAL 1 at the academy and barely have a GED consider themselves an expert on the 1st Amendment or the U.S. Constitution for that matter. It takes Supreme Court Justices a lifetime to understand the true meaning of the text.

We are grateful that at least MOD 1 is an intelligent, neutral arbiter, who excludes, baseless, irrelev and violative material while allowing substantive and relevant topics to remain.

04-14-2008, 11:38 PM

Mod 1

I think its funny how people who took LEGAL 1 at the academy and barely have a GED consider themselves an expert on the 1st Amendment or the U.S. Constitution for that matter. It takes Supreme Court Justices a lifetime to understand the true meaning of the text.

We are grateful that at least MOD 1 is an intelligent, neutral arbiter, who excludes, baseless, irrelevant and violative material while allowing substantive and relevant topics to remain.

04-15-2008, 02:44 AM

Mod 1

We are grateful that at least MOD 1 is an intelligent, neutral arbiter, who excludes, baseless, irrelevant and violative material while allowing substantive and relevant topics to remain.

It appears obvious that you never passed LEGAL 1 and probably didn't even make it out of the academy or you wouldn't post such silly nonsense.

04-28-2008, 08:08 PM

Mod 1

It appears obvious that you never passed LEGAL 1 and probably didn't even make it out of the academy or you wouldn't post such silly nonsense.

oh Snap!

04-29-2008, 04:59 AM
[/quote]It appears obvious that you never passed LEGAL 1 and probably didn't even make it out of the academy or you wouldn't post such silly nonsense.[/quote]

There is no absolute to freedom of speech, you may not say what you want, where you want, when you want. It is simple.. try going into a theater and yelling fire, you can be arrested for it. Talk about killing a current President, you can be arrested. This is a private site and you must play by the rules, if not.. don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.

04-29-2008, 09:32 PM
It appears obvious that you never passed LEGAL 1 and probably didn't even make it out of the academy or you wouldn't post such silly nonsense.[/quote]

There is no absolute to freedom of speech, you may not say what you want, where you want, when you want. It is simple.. try going into a theater and yelling fire, you can be arrested for it. Talk about killing a current President, you can be arrested. This is a private site and you must play by the rules, if not.. don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.[/quote]

You can yell fire in a theater if there is a fire!

04-30-2008, 02:35 AM
You can yell fire in a theater if there is a fire!

Well DUH !! That was down right stupid..

06-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Anonymous, I'm going to have to agree with the other guy. Here's what you said:....."try going into a theater and yelling fire, you can be arrested for it." That's an absolute! The other guy said that you can yell fire if there is a fire. That's conditioned. He's right, you're wrong.

WELL DUH..........who's stupid now?

06-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Anonymous, I'm going to have to agree with the other guy. Here's what you said:....."try going into a theater and yelling fire, you can be arrested for it." That's an absolute! The other guy said that you can yell fire if there is a fire. That's conditioned. He's right, you're wrong.

WELL DUH..........who's stupid now?

Apparently you for bringing up something from April... you need a hobby. By the way is it an absolute if there is a "can be" in there and not a "will be"? Saying "can be" is actually not an absolute, because "can be" means it could happen. While saying you will be arrested would be the absolute.

06-07-2008, 06:55 PM
You're right, I'm wrong. Betcha you can't do that.........admit you're wrong. By the way.....I do have a hobby, it's reading and I'm disappointed that I missed the point you made. On average I do pretty well. I'll pay closer attention when I suspect that I'm corresponding with you.

06-08-2008, 01:22 AM
You're right, I'm wrong. Betcha you can't do that.........admit you're wrong. By the way.....I do have a hobby, it's reading and I'm disappointed that I missed the point you made. On average I do pretty well. I'll pay closer attention when I suspect that I'm corresponding with you.

See...now don't you feel better? Curious though, you said I was right and you were wrong, but then you said you didn't know what my point was. Do you often admit to being wrong when you do not know what you were wrong about? You must be married !!

06-09-2008, 06:27 PM
See...now don't you feel better? Curious though, you said I was right and you were wrong, but then you said you didn't know what my point was. Do you often admit to being wrong when you do not know what you were wrong about? You must be married !!

OK, we both need to pay attention to what's being said. We're dealing with words here and as you pointed out.....words are importqnt. Now it's my turn to say you're wrong, ie ......I didn't say that I didn't know what your point was. What I said was that I had missed your point in regards to "you can be arrested" as compared to "you will be arrested." "Can" being conditional while "will" is absolute. I missed that in my original post and that made you right and me wrong. Now we're even! Regarding your assumption that I must be married...............I'll pass that one along to my wife and perhaps your next exercise in verbal jousting will be with her.

06-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Ok, we are even. But if you “missed” my point, then you “didn’t” know what it was. Right? Either way, I already get enough grief from my wife, I don’t need any from yours. :shock:

06-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm beginning to think that I gave you much more credit than I should have. My original post didn't take into account your point of "can" being conditional as opposed to "will" being absolute. It's not a matter of me not understanding that; I surely do. I missed it and you were right in pointing out that I was wrong but in doing so you labeled it as "stupid." I can assure you that I'm far from being stupid, however, I'll forego yammering this issue further. If you agree that we're even it ends with mutual respect. Converesly, if you have to have the last word (on a negative note) then I'll assume that you're one of those doryphores.

A doryphore (dory-for) is a person who takes great pleasure in finding and pointing out others’ mistakes. Doryphores are always ready to pounce, eager to belittle others. Their battle cry is “Aha, gotcha.” We all know at least one—and where doryphores are concerned, one’s a crowd.

My gut feeling is that the above definition does not define you. Alas, I give you the opportunity to prove me wrong.

Have a nice day & stay safe.

06-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm beginning to think that I gave you much more credit than I should have. My original post didn't take into account your point of "can" being conditional as opposed to "will" being absolute. It's not a matter of me not understanding that; I surely do. I missed it and you were right in pointing out that I was wrong but in doing so you labeled it as "stupid." I can assure you that I'm far from being stupid, however, I'll forego yammering this issue further. If you agree that we're even it ends with mutual respect. Converesly, if you have to have the last word (on a negative note) then I'll assume that you're one of those doryphores.

A doryphore (dory-for) is a person who takes great pleasure in finding and pointing out others’ mistakes. Doryphores are always ready to pounce, eager to belittle others. Their battle cry is “Aha, gotcha.” We all know at least one—and where doryphores are concerned, one’s a crowd.

My gut feeling is that the above definition does not define you. Alas, I give you the opportunity to prove me wrong.

Have a nice day & stay safe.

Since you were the one who started this conversation by pointing out my supposed mistake, then wouldn't you be a doryphore?

06-12-2008, 01:29 PM
That's a good point but to be honest my original post wasn't in the doryphore mindset. "try going into a theater and yelling fire, you can be arrested for it." I was just responding to your above statement as an absolute when you correctly pointed out that "can be" is conditional. In my haste, I saw the opportunity to say what I did............"you can yell FIRE! if there is a fire." Again, you were right, I was wrong. If you're waiting for me wave a white flag it ain't gonna happen. I'm too hard headed for that but I've come to like (and respect) your tenacity. Perhaps we'll meet again on a more complex & challenging subject.

06-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Likewise and touche. 8)

06-12-2008, 11:45 PM
One last (final) observation:.......................looks like we garnered an audience with over 800 plus viewers.

06-13-2008, 02:39 AM
Naw, it was me seeing if you responded. :D

06-13-2008, 12:25 PM
:lol:

06-15-2008, 02:57 AM
ok, since you two have made nice, here is a new one. MAc vs. PC? Carry on.

06-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Not my field of expertise.

06-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Mine either, but I'll go with MAC.

07-08-2013, 02:44 AM
The more things change the more they stay the same.