PDA

View Full Version : Impersonating a P.O.

04-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Since it's been kinda quite around here, I thought someone might find this interesting. It seems that a certain un-named Majors' Son (who happens to work at the Motor Pool) was driving home last week when he got in to a little altercation with another driver. Soooooo............he decides to 19 the other car in his pesonal vehicle (equipped with blue lights), then he is 15'd by an on-duty County P.O., who discovers that, low and behold, this dude is not a cop!!!!!! 09-39!! If this wasn't the f'ed up place that it is, the story would end there........but it doesn't. Son must have been crying to the County that "my Dad is a Gables Major", because the Midnight Shift Commander went enroute to get him un-39'd!!!! Seems that Staff (and Staff's kids) can do no wrong around here. These are the same people that look down on us lowly Patrolmen!!! I'll go out on a limb here; If that was my kid, or your kid they would've been 39's and no one would have come to their rescue. I wonder what the punishment for this f-up will be?!?! I'll tell you. NOTHING!!!! I'll bet he will be hired as a P.O. here within the next year. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!

04-11-2008, 07:38 AM
heard the same kid had trouble getting hired as a po and was given the radio job even though other applicants were more qualified...shocking!!

04-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a couple of years ago one of the Motor Sgt's write up a Motorman for not showing him all of his pink copies at court? I guess it's OK to help out you friends or family when they are arrested for a Felony, but not when they get a traffic citation.

04-11-2008, 01:12 PM
you should get all your facts correct before you go starting incorrect rumors. How do you know it had blue lights, did you see them ? How do you know he cried "my dad is a Gables Major", where you there.

Maybe you all dont have anything better to do. If it was your family would you not try to help. So much for the Blue Brotherhood and trying to stick together...uhhh.

04-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Since it's been kinda quite around here, I thought someone might find this interesting. It seems that a certain un-named Majors' Son (who happens to work at the Motor Pool) was driving home last week when he got in to a little altercation with another driver. Soooooo............he decides to 19 the other car in his pesonal vehicle (equipped with blue lights), then he is 15'd by an on-duty County P.O., who discovers that, low and behold, this dude is not a cop!!!!!! 09-39!! If this wasn't the f'ed up place that it is, the story would end there........but it doesn't. Son must have been crying to the County that "my Dad is a Gables Major", because the Midnight Shift Commander went enroute to get him un-39'd!!!! Seems that Staff (and Staff's kids) can do no wrong around here. These are the same people that look down on us lowly Patrolmen!!! I'll go out on a limb here; If that was my kid, or your kid they would've been 39's and no one would have come to their rescue. I wonder what the punishment for this f-up will be?!?! I'll tell you. NOTHING!!!! I'll bet he will be hired as a P.O. here within the next year. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-11-2008, 08:22 PM
you should get all your facts correct before you go starting incorrect rumors. How do you know it had blue lights, did you see them ? How do you know he cried "my dad is a Gables Major", where you there.

Maybe you all dont have anything better to do. If it was your family would you not try to help. So much for the Blue Brotherhood and trying to stick together...uhhh.

There had to be enough to the story that the Midnight Shift Supervisor had to get him un 39'd! I would help out my family too, the difference being is that I don't hold my fellow co-workers in contempt like much of Staff. And, if my kid got 39'd you can bet your ass I would get out of bed and try and help them out. I wouldn't send a fellow Officer, much less a Supervisor, to do it for me. I'm all for the Blue Brotherhood when it comes to minor infractions, etc., but I've got to draw the line on hooking you up for a Felony arrest.

04-12-2008, 06:52 AM
You idiot. Yes, don't you have anything better to do. For your information, he was never 39'd or un-39'd. The county advised they were not going to make a 39 in the first place as per their supervisor. There was a MDPD sgt. on scene who made the determination to not arrest since there were no blue lights and he never said he was a PO. The Gables midnight commander responded at the county's request and documented the whole thing. Get your facts straight and get a life. Oh, and go find some self-esteem while your at it.

04-12-2008, 01:02 PM
(The author above mine sounds a bit angry, like the police impersonaters dad)

If supervisors were called to the scene - something more then nothing happened. I don't know how many people would pull over for someone who didn't have lights on their car - maybe the color of the lights weren't blue since some of you keep stressing that he didn't have "blue lights". But something caught the attention of the metro officer, and enough happened if a report was written.

I guess we will all have to pull a copy of the report and post it around the station to end the rumers.

04-12-2008, 04:06 PM
You idiot. Yes, don't you have anything better to do. For your information, he was never 39'd or un-39'd. The county advised they were not going to make a 39 in the first place as per their supervisor. There was a MDPD sgt. on scene who made the determination to not arrest since there were no blue lights and he never said he was a PO. The Gables midnight commander responded at the county's request and documented the whole thing. Get your facts straight and get a life. Oh, and go find some self-esteem while your at it.

Hmmmmmmmm.............."he was never 39'd or un-39'd". I wonder why? Maybe 'cause Dad is a Police Major. Riddle me this then, what did he do to draw the suspicion of the couty in the first place? And if it was such a "minor incident" why would a Metro Cop, a Metro Sgt., and a Gables Lt. all be on the scene. This is someone we're even thinking about hiring as a PO? What does this whole incident say about his decision making ability?

04-12-2008, 06:51 PM
"So much for the Blue Brotherhood and trying to stick together...uhhh."

You mean the Blue Brother that hooked up Officer Davis, and had his picture plastered all over the newspaper and TV News? Or do you mean the Blue Brotherhood that hooked up former Officer Vanni, who had a Major write a memo banning him from even entering the Police Station? Even though these guys were/are a-holes, they were long time Gables cops who deserved better than they were treated. This guy isn't even a PO with ANY department. And, I don't know if you've noticed but "Blue Brotherhood" has been gone from CGPD for quite some time....uhhhhh.

04-13-2008, 11:04 AM
No I think this is more like the anaology " The apple does not fall far from the tree."
The Tree is the reason the apple is so rotten.
Im going to metro to get a copy of the OIR . I will find out the truth.

As for Davis ... I feel bad for him he has Baker act issues. but not fit for duty..he deserves a full pension of all his years of service.
But he is an embarrasment and has tarnished our badge...I like Davis but hes not the topic here.

The topic is why is a civiliian the subject of a metro police investigation and what will the OIR say? Is the "tree" the "apples" role mod and guiding light?
If so shouldnt we be worried about the tree too? Who in thier right mind would (allegedly) pull 19's as a civilian? if its true he has major psycological issues or really bad upbringing.

04-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Well said.

Sadly I believe it's the upbringing, and he is not the only "leader" in the department that has a loser child.

Maybe the sign of success in your career is when your family falls apart.

04-13-2008, 08:28 PM
No I think this is more like the anaology " The apple does not fall far from the tree."
The Tree is the reason the apple is so rotten.
Im going to metro to get a copy of the OIR . I will find out the truth.

As for Davis ... I feel bad for him he has Baker act issues. but not fit for duty..he deserves a full pension of all his years of service.
But he is an embarrasment and has tarnished our badge...I like Davis but hes not the topic here.

The topic is why is a civiliian the subject of a metro police investigation and what will the OIR say? Is the "tree" the "apples" role mod and guiding light?
If so shouldnt we be worried about the tree too? Who in thier right mind would (allegedly) pull 19's as a civilian? if its true he has major psycological issues or really bad upbringing.

Excellent analogy! I would be very interested to see what the Miami-Dade PD report says. I have looked for a CGPD AOA report but as of yet been unable to find one.

04-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Sadly some throw the most important thing away in effort to excell or promote at work.
The family
The family ( if you have a good one) determins if you are to be a sucess.

Most of the High brass all have one thing in common Bad family lives total failures.
The EGO is more important then thier own flesh and blood producing disfunction and bad failures of family life.

Make no mistake they are directly responsible for the disfunctional failure of the family. And for that the bring disrespect that will last longer then the promotion they "needed".

You may have a great pension .. you may be able to pat your self on the back.... but behinde your back your ears will ring " What a shame, What a loser, I feel bad for his kids.... etc..."
That discredit will linger and become attatched to your very name.

I feel bad that this kid may not know right from wrong or just not care.
after your 20+ years and your high polished brass and all your "achivements" in the workplace you still walk away
with a "L" and not a "W".

Family first Its your responsiblity ...dont be a looser or a failure like they are

04-14-2008, 01:27 AM
The EGO will not permit a sense of Shame. It is sort of like the fable " The emporer clothes".

The more humble the high brass the more likely they have good family life at home. The Ego is more under control

Some mistake "witt" for ego..most folks who are ass holes do not belive they are.

and sadly the family suffers disfunction forever. very sad.

04-14-2008, 12:14 PM
the point I have tired to make is if you are a failure at home you are a failure .....

04-15-2008, 12:09 PM
This is really crazy and screwed up! Just goes to show you how sneaky the brass here in cgpd really are! The turd who got released will a P.O. for sure now.............then a Sgt.............then Lt.................then just like his father a Major butthole! :x

04-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't know what the big deal is..........50% of this department Impersonates being a PO on a daily basis!! :lol:

04-16-2008, 02:29 PM

It sounds like you lost your self-esteem when your son screwed up after you took him off his drug habit long enough to get him a job at the radio shop. But dont worry, your part of CGPD Staff so you or family do no wrong, nor will you or your son ever answer or admit to wrong doing. Once you go up the chain at CGPD you become untouchable and filled with excuses for your actions: got love this place.

04-16-2008, 07:40 PM

Let's see the "documentation" then. I've yet to see any case number from this come up in RMS. Where's the IA investigation into what happened? It is instances just like this that are the reason the majority of this Police Department have no faith in their leadership.

04-18-2008, 07:36 AM
theres not gonna be any case #'s cause the jerkoffs kept it quiet...........i guess they forgot that NOTHING is secret in CGPD...............anything that some kind of flavor to it allways makes it way to the first floor! :lol:

see that...........they really did forget where they came from!

04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Having Dad get you a job at the Radio Shop=$0.25
Equipping your personal car with police lights=$250.00
Pulling 19's in your personal car=Free

Not getting 39'd 'cause your Dad is a Gables Major=PRICELESS!!!!!!

04-18-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm pretty sure my facts are pretty spot on. One thing that I have learned about Ole CGPD is that if you hear a rumour, it's probably about 85% factual. And, I do have a life, but my self-esteem has be shattered by working at CGPD for waaaay too long!!! I only wish I could be as perfect at the Staff at CGPD. :roll:

04-21-2008, 10:06 PM
The incident occurred in West Dade at Bird Road and SW 112 Avenue. It was a road rage traffic altercation incident. Ginn's son did not pull anybody over, he was in his personal car and on his own time, he had a yellow flashing light on the dash or roof but did not use it to impersonate a police officer or to get the other motorist to pull over. He never identified himself as a police officer or said any such thing. He was on the road side arguing with the other driver when a MDPD marked unit saw the incident and investigated. He did have a police radio in his personal car and some police memorabilia. The MDPD Officer and a Supervisor called the MDPD STOP Unit which investigates police impersonations. The STOP Unit advised the road units that Mr. Ginn committed no crime. They did notify CGPD and the midnight shift commander responded and obtained the MDPD incident report number. Mr. Ginn was cited by Miami-Dade Police and then he and the other motorist were warned and dismissed. CGPD Internal Affairs Unit has opened an internal investigation to determine if any Department Rules and Regulations were violated, such as misuse of City property, etc.

Major Ginn did not know about the incident at the time and never responded to the scene that evening, nor has he interfered with the investigation.

There have been a lot of rumors and innuendo's going around about the incident being mishandled because he is the son of a Police Major. But that is not the case. It was handled appropriately and is being investigated further by the CGPD Internal Affairs Unit.

Mr. Ginn is not a police applicant nor is he seeking a career in law enforcement. His brother is in the applicant process with Miami Dade PD.

04-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Well said "just the facts". Its nice to see someone do their homework before spreading gossip.

04-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Well said "just the facts". Its nice to see someone do their homework before spreading gossip.

Thanks DAD!!!

04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
The incident occurred in West Dade at Bird Road and SW 112 Avenue. It was a road rage traffic altercation incident. Ginn's son did not pull anybody over, he was in his personal car and on his own time, he had a yellow flashing light on the dash or roof but did not use it to impersonate a police officer or to get the other motorist to pull over. He never identified himself as a police officer or said any such thing. He was on the road side arguing with the other driver when a MDPD marked unit saw the incident and investigated. He did have a police radio in his personal car and some police memorabilia. The MDPD Officer and a Supervisor called the MDPD STOP Unit which investigates police impersonations. The STOP Unit advised the road units that Mr. Ginn committed no crime. They did notify CGPD and the midnight shift commander responded and obtained the MDPD incident report number. Mr. Ginn was cited by Miami-Dade Police and then he and the other motorist were warned and dismissed. CGPD Internal Affairs Unit has opened an internal investigation to determine if any Department Rules and Regulations were violated, such as misuse of City property, etc.

Major Ginn did not know about the incident at the time and never responded to the scene that evening, nor has he interfered with the investigation.

There have been a lot of rumors and innuendo's going around about the incident being mishandled because he is the son of a Police Major. But that is not the case. It was handled appropriately and is being investigated further by the CGPD Internal Affairs Unit.

Mr. Ginn is not a police applicant nor is he seeking a career in law enforcement. His brother is in the applicant process with Miami Dade PD.

Well said "just the facts". A very well written, well thought out response to this incident. But........................................
He didn't impersonate a Police Officer. But, "he had a yellow flashing light on the dash or roof".
He didn't impersonate a Police Officer. But, "He did have a police radio in his personal car and some police memorabilia."
He didn't impersonate a Police Officer. But, "The MDPD Officer and a Supervisor called the MDPD STOP Unit which investigates police impersonations."
He didn't impersonate a Police Officer. But, "They did notify CGPD and the midnight shift commander responded".
I think the majority of Officers in this Department, as well as the posters on this site believe that he was given a serious dose of "Professional Courtesy" because of who his Father is. That very same "courtesy" is rarely, if ever given by Staff in general, and the Major in question specifically when it comes to discipline concerning their Officers.

05-03-2008, 06:30 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breakin ... 14631.html (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/514631.html)

05-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I just read the above Miami Herald news article and it left such a bad taste in my mouth I literally had to rinse with mouthwash. CGPD staff members subscribe to a leadership philosophy of "Do as I say, not as I do". I see it didn't take Chip very long to learn that either! Let's just wait and see how IA sweeps this one under the rug.

05-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Posted on Tue, Apr. 29, 2008
Gables employee in trouble for traffic stop
BY DAVID OVALLE
Coral Gables detectives are investigating a police radio shop employee who pulled over a car earlier this month at a Kendall gas station using flashing yellow-and-white lights and a siren.
Matthew Ginn, 30, son of Coral Gables police Maj. Mark Ginn, was not charged criminally but was given three tickets by Miami-Dade police.

Coral Gables Sgt. Javier Bruzos, a spokesman, could not comment because of the ongoing investigation by the internal affairs unit.

Ginn, a radio shop coordinator since 2006, is still working with the department, Bruzos said. The radio shop installs and fixes radios for the police department.

The incident happened at about 12:45 a.m. April 8.

That's when Miami-Dade Officer Ricardo Suarez of the Kendall district saw Ginn's 1990 Dodge Ramcharger ''conducting a traffic stop'' at the Citgo station, 11175 SW 40th St., according to a police report.

OFFICER A WITNESS

According to his report, he saw Ginn standing outside Giovannis Villalon's 1991 Nissan.

''He spontaneously stated that he pulled over [Villalon] because he accidentally cut him off,'' Suarez wrote.

Villalon said Tuesday he ``stopped because I thought it was police.''

''He started screaming at me,'' Villalon said in Spanish. ``I got out of the car and asked to see his badge and he didn't have one. That's when the police officer pulled up.''

Ginn could not be reached for comment. No one at the radio shop answered a phone call. A woman named Valeri Velasquez was a passenger in Ginn's SUV.

''I have no comment on that. Don't call me back,'' she said Tuesday.

Coral Gables Lt. Edward Claughton was called and came to the Citgo, according to the police report.

Ginn was not charged with impersonating a law enforcement officer because he did not identify himself as a cop and was not using a blue police siren, according to Miami-Dade police.

PLEADED GUILTY

Instead, Ginn was ticketed for having improper backup lights, unlawful use of a whistle or bell, and improper use of amber lights. He has pleaded guilty, county records show.

Officer Suarez also found black handcuffs and a knife in the Ramcharger, which is registered in Ginn's name. Inside the SUV was a Coral Gables police radio, which Ginn is authorized to carry.

Ginn's father oversees Coral Gables' criminal investigations unit.

Hmmmmmm, kinda sounds like my "facts" were pretty close to the real "facts". Sounds to me like to Majors' kid 19's a vehicle, and that the person being 19's thought it was the Police, but because of who he is related to did not get 39'd. Red highlighting is from me to point out the "facts" of the incident. Oh, sorry, it was Yellow lights, not Blue lights! No 39, and I still say he will be employed by the City of Coral Gables post IA investigation.