PDA

View Full Version : Let the Layoffs begin!!!

04-11-2008, 02:25 AM
I heard the chief was going to start laying off and firing anyone from major to lt beginning this month because he has to have his budget arranged by May 1st....bye bye tokejer, lewis!!! this is the truth just read his E-mail it says it all right there!!

04-11-2008, 02:31 AM
Whoever posted that is 100% correct! It was discussed in staff meeting today and it came directly from the Mayor's Office. It was ordered by Callahan to commence asap. Oh boy is it going to get interesting.

04-11-2008, 02:41 AM
I heard that it will only be the Chief, Major, Captain, 2 LTs, and Sgts running the show...it should be very interesting!!

04-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Hey DA guess you should have taken that demotion after all :lol:

04-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Who will be the ones getting the boot out the door? Any thoughts?

04-11-2008, 03:52 AM
I heard that it will only be the Chief, Major, Captain, 2 LTs, and Sgts running the show...it should be very interesting!! yes, should be much smoother! this department has had too many superviors for years!!!

04-11-2008, 03:53 AM
KARMA... 'ANT IT A BIT@H!?!

04-11-2008, 02:23 PM
The other ones that need to worry that ar on probation as Sgts., because they will get demoted to make room for the admin he wants to keep...but they will still have a job :shock:

04-11-2008, 03:58 PM
As the Chief said in his email he will keep us informed with factual information-- these posts are just the rumor mill.

04-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Maybe city hall needs to clean up their side of the house! There are departments over there that didn't even exist 4 years ago, that now have 8 employees in them! Do we really need them? Do they give any support to the police department?
And maybe they should look at their own "take home car list." Why should the citizens of Bradenton pay for these people to have take home cars. Why should the Risk Safety Person have a take home car? Does she get called out after hours, if so, when was the last time? And how about the citizen's of Bradenton paying department heads a $120,000 a year salary, then also giving them another $500 a month for a car allowance!! These should be the first people that should be giving these perks up! If city council is looking to "control spending" and cut costs, they need to look in there own yard first! Then how about the fire department.......How many miles was on the Fire Chief's car when it was replaced. Then how much did the city pay to have "new carpet" installed in it. Come on people, it's time to stop looking at "public Safety" Crime is down for a reason and it was not because of CITY HALL!!!!!

04-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Lets relax and not point fingers. The Mayor says Public Safety will be the last resort.

(and yes I have seen the Renee our risk safety officer out many times when an accident has happened for all city workers)

Who is making $120,000? The only one I can find in the public record is the City Clerk.

I also checked for other cities and they pay their agency heads more but it does seem like a lot especially with the car allowance money. $500 a month wow!

04-11-2008, 06:12 PM
As the Chief said in his email he will keep us informed with factual information-- these posts are just the rumor mill.

Rumor mill my azz! I was in that meeting 4-10-08 and their is 100 % FACT in what the Mayor's Office has planned for the PD.

04-11-2008, 10:02 PM
I asked the Chief myself and he said the only thing factual is his email.

As for the budget meeting he said only two people were at the meeting him and the city clerk and if you are not the city clerk you are full of BS just trying to scare people.

04-12-2008, 12:35 AM
I asked the Chief myself and he said the only thing factual is his email.

As for the budget meeting he said only two people were at the meeting him and the city clerk and if you are not the city clerk you are full of BS just trying to scare people.

So WRONG you are my lad! Every Lt. Unless previously excused and above were at the staff meeting with the Chief on 4-10-08. So dont try the "I asked the Chief myself" B.S. because if you did ask the him which I know as fact you did not, then he lied. It isnt a real secret ask any LT. or above if that discussion did or did not dominate the meeting.

04-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Oh come on, do you see any LTs or above packing boxes???Exactly it is a last resort, probation employees will be gone before that happens..so move on

04-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Funny how they say "Public Safety" will not be affected and that we are in a city hiring freeze. It seems some departments are still able to hire. Just shows where the PD stands with the city.

04-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Why Public Safety -The City could save MILLIONS by contracting with Waste Management or a lower bidder for garbage collection. Why do you think the counties do it. Now the tax payers have to pay for the purchase of garbage trucks and related expenses, personnel, fuel, maintainance, landfill fees. Then you have the Recycling Center and related expenses. Close the Bradenton Municipal Auditorium and lease it to a private business. The City looses money on that each year. The take home cars being used by other non public safety City departments. When was the last fiscal emergency call out that justifies having a large Chevy Avalanch with a confidential tag as a take home car with a $500.00 a year bonus. Stop giving the hundreds of thousands of dollars to the non-profits that fill our downtown and 14th street with transients that doing nothing but trespass, commit crimes and leave nice calling cards on the business door steps. The Golf Course and related expenses. No revenue being made there. Get out of the baseball business. It is just easier to cut Public Safety. They will expect the same level of service and response after they make all the cuts and then ***** when they don't get it. Do away with the expensive annual Parade paid for totally by the tax payer money. Why doesn't the event organizer have to pay a dime other than the event permit. You could consoladate a lot of offices and responsibilites at the City Hall.

04-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't believe so many lies on this board and how strongly the WRONG guy tries to prove his position.

Fact is their was no meeting on April 10 with the Chief and Lieutenants and above. Ask any Lieutenant, Captain or Major. Did not happen.

That Poster has no shame. He like the people we arrest every day.

04-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Exactly! Did you read the paper today http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... 20510/1661 (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080412/NEWS/804120510/1661)

Public Safety will be a last resort. Sure it will! Leave it to IT department head and to the City Clerk to decide on whether police officer get new vests? And to them dispatch is not part of 'public safety.' Ahhh okay, nothing about emergency there. Wait till the complaints come in about how long it takes PD to respond to calls. Or next time one of the council people call complaining about some noise complaint. Can't wait to have them do it to the county!

And it's more important for everyone in code enforcement to have a take home car instead of a police officer. Just how many city hall and public works people have 'take home cars anyway?' They'll take it from the PD and Fire before they touch the candy in their own pockets.

There are so many ways for them to cut, but the easy way is police and fire.
That's a way to stick it to the citizens of Bradenton. Maybe next time they won't vote the wrong way!

04-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I told you Morons about the Meeting!!! Razz Lied!!!

04-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Ask any Lieutenant, Captain or Major there was no such meeting with the Chief to discuss his plans for the budget. He briefed us all with his email.

There was only one meeting on the BPD budget and only the Chief and the City Clerk were at the meeting. That's the email we got to keep us informed.

I suggest that if anyone has a question to ask it to the right person and not pay attention to this nonsence posted on this board.

The Chief said in his email to ask him if we had concerns and I see no reason why in the world he would need to LIE to us as you said. If he was not trying to give us information he would not have sent us an email about it.

04-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Why Public Safety -The City could save MILLIONS by contracting with Waste Management or a lower bidder for garbage collection. Why do you think the counties do it. Now the tax payers have to pay for the purchase of garbage trucks and related expenses, personnel, fuel, maintainance, landfill fees. Then you have the Recycling Center and related expenses. Close the Bradenton Municipal Auditorium and lease it to a private business. The City looses money on that each year. The take home cars being used by other non public safety City departments. When was the last fiscal emergency call out that justifies having a large Chevy Avalanch with a confidential tag as a take home car with a $500.00 a year bonus. Stop giving the hundreds of thousands of dollars to the non-profits that fill our downtown and 14th street with transients that doing nothing but trespass, commit crimes and leave nice calling cards on the business door steps. The Golf Course and related expenses. No revenue being made there. Get out of the baseball business. It is just easier to cut Public Safety. They will expect the same level of service and response after they make all the cuts and then ***** when they don't get it. Do away with the expensive annual Parade paid for totally by the tax payer money. Why doesn't the event organizer have to pay a dime other than the event permit. You could consoladate a lot of offices and responsibilites at the City Hall.

Bingo

04-12-2008, 04:35 PM
City leaders have discussed cutting safety devices that firefighters wear on their backpacks, take-home police cars, new bulletproof vests and, the biggest of all, the 911 dispatch center.

Equally troubling, though, to Police Chief Michael Radzilowski are possible layoffs. Because the city is already down three officers, he says, more losses could affect a falling crime rate that he has zealously touted.

There have been about 50 more crimes so far this year than last, and the department's hiring freeze could run deeper -- and possibly mean the ousting of highly paid veteran officers.

He has offered to take a pay cut to help, Radzilowski said.

"It's one thing when you look at the budget and start trying to make the cuts," he said this week. "But it would be tough to put a face to the name, look these people in the eyes and let them go.

"They have families that are counting on them."

Quoted from the paper! and this.....

Most of the cuts are only being proposed, such as the reduction in police take-home vehicles and the closure of Bradenton's 911 dispatch center.

Calling the 911 operations the nerve center of the police department, Radzilowski seems ready to defend dispatchers who send officers to emergencies. He points to confusion during a recent kidnapping in North Port as evidence that "seconds save lives."

Last year, Bradenton spent about $750,000 on its dispatch center; it is not clear how much the city would save if it paid the Manatee County Sheriff's Office to take over the operation.

"It is such an important part of what we do," Radzilowski said.

So do you still think layoffs are in the works? Think again!

04-12-2008, 04:41 PM
So do you still think layoffs are in the works? Think again!

opps, Should be do you still think layoffs are NOT in the works!

04-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah--whats new-- the Chief told us all that and what he is doing in his email to us.

04-12-2008, 05:14 PM
My understanding is it will possibly affect the admin and officers that already have their 20 years in and collecting from the drop. You can get lower paid officers for what these 20 yrs+ guys are getting.

There are definately worried administrators and other vets over this issue.

04-12-2008, 05:54 PM
City Council hates police!!! Always have always will. If you hated the police, and had to chose between cuting your budget or theirs, which would you choose!?!

04-12-2008, 06:07 PM
According to the Chief's email he said full time civilians, officers and Sergeants should not be affected. it also said if layoffs come about he would eliminate management positions- Lt and above. So to me he is telling us an Officer or Sergeant will be safe no matter how much time they got on.

04-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Thank you Gene Gallo. He started this whole thing about dispatch and the take home cars. Unfortunetly, neither of those would save the City or the PD that much money. For starters, Manatee County is in a way worse scenario when it comes to budget, and they are not about to do the dispatch for free. Take home cars are already paid for, how does taking them away solve anything? If there is anything to go as far as take home cars, it would be the off duty use of them. Should positions need to be cut, I support doing away with the drop program. Why should someone making $65,000 as a patrol officer, have the ability to leave with a pension, be allowed to stay just to fatten his pockets. There are officers with 5 years of service or less struggling to make ends meet with young families to support. Why should they be cut?

It is time for the PD to band together and stand up against unwanted rumors.

We are blowing this way out of proportion...

04-12-2008, 11:02 PM
So lets get this straight

Crime is up
The City is growing in terms of people

So lets layoff police officers, get rid of communications.... oh and while were at it, lets not give them the proper safety equipment.....

MAKES SENSE, WOW I SURE FEEL BETTER KNOWING WE HAVE THESE MORONS WHO ARE ELECTED, MAKING CHOICES IN MY BEST INTEREST.

As long as it doesnt effect them, they couldnt give a rats a$$........
Im sure it was budgeted along time ago, for their yearly salary increase, as well as whatever else they feel they need......

Wait until our response time goes through the roof, and something goes down at one of the city council members house, or which ever of these subjs.. then its WHERES BPD!!!! WE NEED THEM RIGHT NOW, YOU SHOULD OF RUN T18 to a s49 at Mayor Poston's house..........

THESE OFFICIALS SHOULD BE ASHAMED THEY RUN A CITY.....

If the citizens only saw the way it really is? The way things are run.... Wait..... do they even care LOL

04-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Have they even LOOKED at any other departments??? I don't want to see anyone laid off but it seems like the first place they look is the PD. And what's up with the "hiring freeze" is that only for US. City Hall can still hire, because they just did!

But wait, Public Safety will not be affected! OK, right

04-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Have they even LOOKED at any other departments??? I don't want to see anyone laid off but it seems like the first place they look is the PD. And what's up with the "hiring freeze" is that only for US. City Hall can still hire, because they just did!

But wait, Public Safety will not be affected! OK, right

Finally! That Crook Toejacker will be made to go!!! :devil:

04-13-2008, 03:32 AM
Hey Gallo, if you are so worried about $$$$ what do you have to say about the Fire Chief spending $5000.00 on lights for his new car. :evil: and let's not forget his old car with a back up camera what a joke :shock:

04-13-2008, 04:54 AM
What do you mean wait till they call the police, remeber fine ole Rev. Golden? We werent off the phone with him and he was *****ing and crying that we were not there. The most he ever had was a S76. Then you have S13 in the area of our wonderful Mayers house, and the next day admin calling to get times and see who went, and see why it took so long. It has already happened. Now they want less on the road, less in dispatch but want more productivity??? The city is growing and no matter how you wanna code a call crime is up. Wait till all this happens and we are holding armed 41's for 30 mins cuz we have no road units available and no supervisors to help because we let half of them go. LETS start by taking city halls credit cards away, that would pay for the PD by itself.

And no, the public gives to cents unless they need us, just like city hall. They have no use for us unless they are wronged. The bottom line is it costs money to run a police/fire agency the right way. The city is just spending the money the wrong way and now it has caught up to those idiots in city hall. REMEMBER city hall @sses, you live in the city. And I hope you never need the police to respond T18 to your houses between 4pm and midnight if you cut from public safety, cuz if you do plan on waiting a while. HEll, we hold calls for close to a hour every day multiple times a day. Enjoy the ride folks, it dont look pretty ahead.

Crime is up

So lets layoff police officers, get rid of communications.... oh and while were at it, lets not give them the proper safety equipment.....

MAKES SENSE, WOW I SURE FEEL BETTER KNOWING WE HAVE THESE MORONS WHO ARE ELECTED, MAKING CHOICES IN MY BEST INTEREST.

Im sure it was budgeted along time ago, for their yearly salary increase, as well as whatever else they feel they need......

Wait until our response time goes through the roof, and something goes down at one of the city council members house, or which ever of these subjs.. then its WHERES BPD!!!! WE NEED THEM RIGHT NOW, YOU SHOULD OF RUN T18 to a s49 at Mayor Poston's house..........

If the citizens only saw the way it really is? The way things are run.... Wait..... do they even care LOL

04-13-2008, 10:48 AM
What do you mean wait till they call the police, remeber fine ole Rev. Golden? We werent off the phone with him and he was *****ing and crying that we were not there. The most he ever had was a S76. Then you have S13 in the area of our wonderful Mayers house, and the next day admin calling to get times and see who went, and see why it took so long. It has already happened. Now they want less on the road, less in dispatch but want more productivity??? The city is growing and no matter how you wanna code a call crime is up. Wait till all this happens and we are holding armed 41's for 30 mins cuz we have no road units available and no supervisors to help because we let half of them go. LETS start by taking city halls credit cards away, that would pay for the PD by itself.

And no, the public gives to cents unless they need us, just like city hall. They have no use for us unless they are wronged. The bottom line is it costs money to run a police/fire agency the right way. The city is just spending the money the wrong way and now it has caught up to those idiots in city hall. REMEMBER city hall @sses, you live in the city. And I hope you never need the police to respond T18 to your houses between 4pm and midnight if you cut from public safety, cuz if you do plan on waiting a while. HEll, we hold calls for close to a hour every day multiple times a day. Enjoy the ride folks, it dont look pretty ahead.

Crime is up

Speaking of "the credit cards" just who is looking into THEIR spending in their own departments!! Did anyone hear any cuts there first????

04-13-2008, 12:53 PM
I guess some can't believe the Chief's email. He says he has just started to put together the budget and nothing has been decided yet.

Why don't we just wait and see what City Hall does first in reducing the budget on their side and then see how much they want from public safety after that.

Lets give them a chance to do the right thing before we start to bad mouth them. Chill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I guess some can't believe the Chief's email. He says he has just started to put together the budget and nothing has been decided yet.

Why don't we just wait and see what City Hall does first in reducing the budget on their side and then see how much they want from public safety after that.

Lets give them a chance to do the right thing before we start to bad mouth them. Chill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it say anything that they were "looking at anything other than PUBLIC SAFETY" in the paper! And the Chief's email was pretty plain. He basically said before low end people go the higher end staff would go. Anyone read anywhere that city hall was looking to make cuts at city hall or public works? You actually think they are going to "reduce" their side first! Your insane!

04-13-2008, 04:08 PM

Did it say anything that they were "looking at anything other than PUBLIC SAFETY" in the paper! And the Chief's email was pretty plain. He basically said before low end people go the higher end staff would go. Anyone read anywhere that city hall was looking to make cuts at city hall or public works? You actually think they are going to "reduce" their side first! Your insane!

One Step Closer to Metro Manatee!

04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
The Mayor has said loud and clear to whomever asks that they are going to cut all they can from city services before they come to public safety.

We have to wait to see what those cuts are FIRST before we start going off the deep end!!!!

City Hall side will have layoffs and they won't be managers. Services will be cut also. So lets see what they do. Only after will they come to the Chief.

04-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Well everyone, Gov Criss will be here next week. Lets band togather and inform him his insane bill lowering property taxes is the dumbest thing he ever did. He forced Cities, Counties and even the State to cut funding for day to day operations. Now those same agenices are looking at laying off employees. But I saved my 200 this years in property taxes so its all good.

Heres a story for a paper to run:
How much did you save? How much will it now cost you due to layoffs in the area, rising water rates and garbage rates? How many employees will get laid off? How much will that cost in unemployment?

Yeah, his property tax bill was wonderful. Made him look good and didn't affect his take home pay!

04-13-2008, 08:04 PM

Lets give them a chance to do the right thing before we start to bad mouth them. Chill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, politicians and right thing don't get used in the same sentence very often

04-13-2008, 08:06 PM

One Step Closer to Metro Manatee! I second that!

04-13-2008, 08:17 PM
The Mayor has said loud and clear to whomever asks that they are going to cut all they can from city services before they come to public safety.

We have to wait to see what those cuts are FIRST before we start going off the deep end!!!!

City Hall side will have layoffs and they won't be managers. Services will be cut also. So lets see what they do. Only after will they come to the Chief.

So we have all heard how public safety will be last. Now what OTHER services have you heard that they are looking at? What other jobs? Just curious, cause the only thing mention is police and fire. Besides, aren't they still HIRING at city hall!!

04-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Boys & Girls lets stop kidding ourselves here please! We here at the PD are going to be losing people. It may be people we arent going to miss however it will still be positions. I wonder if they are looking at that overstaffed Fire Dept like us?? These fire Departments need to do what Sarasota County/City did years ago....Merge them and that freed up a ridiculous amount of money being wasted. It has been a while coming folks and now the days of reckoning are here. From what someone very close to the budget has been heard saying is BPD is probably looking at losing 6 - 8 positions alone. We can only hope that those positions are the wasted "fat" no pun intended of this department :x So lets sit down strap ourselves in, hold on as the ride has just begun!

04-14-2008, 02:53 AM
here are the ones that will be leaving the island of Lost (BPD)

majors tokajer, lewis
lts kish, campbell
officers fritz, thomas, smith

people dont think bpd will survive without them...it survived before them!

ENJOY RETIREMENT!!

there is 300 g eliminated right there!

04-14-2008, 03:25 AM
It doesn't matter who ends up being laid off or forced to retire. The important thing to remember that once the position is cut, it is not filled. EVER. The position is GONE. If you think it is tough being 5 or 6 officers down, wait until 3 or 4 more go and never to be replaced. That is the problem we need to focus on.

There are part time positions in the City that can be eliminated quickly and easily. But those positions are mostly at City Hall, and the City Clerk and IT Director are too busy looking into our vest grant to do anything about it.

Why was the Chief's name as being the only one willing to take a pay cut to solve some of the problem. At least we know our Department Head is trying. Other Departments continue to spend thousands and thousands of dollars and no one questions it. New Ford Explorers at City Hall, un-needed lights on certain vehicles, a new gate at the City yard. But as was said before, the only one that gets discussed is Public Safety, more specifically the Police Department.

The new motto will have to be "To do the best we can and not get too much overtime or we might lose more positions. Please be patient we will get to your robbery as soon as we clear the noise complaint".

04-14-2008, 07:50 AM
The new motto will have to be "To do the best we can and not get too much overtime or we might lose more positions. Please be patient we will get to your robbery as soon as we clear the noise complaint".

Now THAT is funny! :lol:

04-14-2008, 10:03 AM
www.fop.net/programs/research/takehomecars.pdf (http://www.fop.net/programs/research/takehomecars.pdf)

Some information you might want to look at RE take cars for police.

Good luck.

04-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Who really cares if Tokajer, Lewis are gone? Lewis never stands up for any officer but instead tries to screw who he can because he is gut less. Does anyone actually look up to him as officer should do a Major? NO! And Tokajer is only here thinking he will be Chief, however the majority of the people here that know him knows that would be a huge mistake. Tokajer is here for himself and only takes care of his circle and screws the rest. So why do we care if they leave? It would probably br a blessed department if they both left.

Kish, Campbell, Thomas, Fritz and Smith are just here milking the system and if it allows you to then do it, we all would because its big money. Tokajer and Lweis needs to do us all a favor and move on.

04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
WELL SAID!

04-15-2008, 02:12 AM
If Tokajer and Lewis leave who do you suppose will do their work??

Who will get promoted, do you really think either of the Captains want to actually work?

04-15-2008, 02:21 AM
If Tokajer and Lewis leave who do you suppose will do their work??

Who will get promoted, do you really think either of the Captains want to actually work?

The City wants to restructure the chain of command. Doing away with both Majors and atleast one Captain Position is on the table. Just like they did when the DC died and they did away with that position.

04-16-2008, 01:36 AM
Well maybe they need to restructure their own departments. They are the ones that are full of waste. Some one should pull their budgets and see just how they spend their money. How many positions they have increased in the last few years compared to the other departments. Bet you'd see huge differences.

But I guess it would take someone to "stand up" and draw attention to it. Show the public how their tax money is really wasted on.

04-16-2008, 03:33 AM
... the biggest wastes in the city of Bradenton? Aren't there a couple cars, like the Avalanche, on the books? Didn't the paper just have some story about credit cards? I hear they got crucified for that one, but I also hear that some people say the paper was dead on.

04-16-2008, 08:16 AM
The solution to the problem is merger people! The city and county needs to hire an outside person to write the plans for a merger. Think about like this...we operate like a business so we turn city sanitation and waste management into one business, other departments like parks, code enforcement, and whatever could also merge. This way the city could sell the sanitation property. The trucks would be still used however parked at waste management. We would no longer have to pay certain fixed costs. There is a simple solution to the problem at hand. The city needs an outsider and not the overpaid dept. heads trying to solve budget cuts!
Here is an idea the city could prob. get free advice from economic's grad.'s!
I still dont understand why dumb a$$ Gallo wants to take our cars! Take the f-ing cars from the dept. heads! Or better yet take that $500 allowence away!

04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Someone needs to call bubba the love sponge! he'll very pro law enforcement and loves to expose city officals who screw with law enforcement. Even if we as officers wanted to expose them we all know it would cost us our jobs. I say get a third party involved, BTLS! what do we have to lose.....? our jobs.......their already on the line

04-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Someone needs to call bubba the love sponge! he'll very pro law enforcement and loves to expose city officals who screw with law enforcement. Even if we as officers wanted to expose them we all know it would cost us our jobs. I say get a third party involved, BTLS! what do we have to lose.....? our jobs.......their already on the line

Bubba HATES BPD. Dont you remember in the mid 90's he was stopped by Rob Lamensa and given tickets then a war began? Then he was stopped by a local Trooper Giles and another war began as he put it out on the radio! He was telling everyone on 93.3 NOT TO STOP for ANY Bradenton PD officer or Trooper in Manatee County!!! So the part of Bubba being Pro-cop....NOT

04-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Case Number: 41 1994 TR 002095 File Date: 2/8/1994
Case Type: Traffic Infractions Case Status: Closed
Case Action Code: Steady Red Light - Failed to stop/yield Judge: MARC B GILNER
Parties Party Type Name Gender Race DOB
1 Defendant CLEM, TODD ALAN

1 02/18/1994 OFFICER FILED A REQUEST FOR ISSUING WITNESS SUPB HE IS AWARE THAT THE CASE HAS NOT BEEN CONTESTED AS OF THIS DATE.
2 03/24/1994 WRITTEN PLEA OF NOT GUILTY FILED DATE- 03-28-94 LOC.-A JUDGE-4 TIME-09:00 A.M. NOTICE OF HEARING, COFS WITNESS SUBPOENA ISSUED (03) COPIES REQUEST FOR ISSUING SUBPOENA FILED REQUEST BY PTLM LAMENSA. ORIGINALLY REQUESTED THIS ON 2/18/94 REQUEST WAS NOT LISTED ON JACKET OR THE PD THERE- FORE SUBPOENAS WERE NOT ISSUED. ISSUED 3 SUBPOENAS FOR 3 MSO DEPUTY.
3 03/28/1994 DELINQUENCY NOTICE ISSUED - FAILED TO APPEAR
4 04/04/1994 RETURNED $106.00 PERSONAL CHECK INCORRECT AMOUNT SEE 94-2160VB JS
5 04/06/1994 PAID $85.50 RECEIPT NO. 12012017 FINE CODE 99 MAILED D6 DELINQUENCY NOTICE RELEASED - FINE SATISFIED
Charges Offense Date Florida Statute Charge Description Level / Degree Citation
1 02/04/1994 316.075(3)(A)A Steady Red Light - Failed to stop/yield. Traffic Moving Infraction 946497-L

Case Number: 41 1994 TR 002160 File Date: 2/9/1994
Case Action Code: Fail to display Registration; possession required Judge: MARC B GILNER

1 03/04/1994 WRITTEN PLEA OF NOT GUILTY FILED DATE- 03-28-94 LOC.-A JUDGE-4 TIME-09:00 A.M. NOTICE OF HEARING, COFS
2 03/09/1994 WITNESS SUBPOENA ISSUED (01) COPIES
4 04/04/1994 VALID PROOF OF REGISTRATION ENCLOSED SEE 94-2095VB
5 04/06/1994 PAID $21.00 RECEIPT NO. 12012018 FINE CODE 99 MAILED D6 PROOF DISMISSED DELINQUENCY NOTICE RELEASED -

04-16-2008, 09:11 PM
i do not understand why the city has to find 2.5 million dollars within it's confine to cut when the sheriff's office repeatedly gets pretty much what it wants. it seems to me that cutting the police department has been the "habit" these past 20 + years, rather than looking at - perhaps- problems like the use of credit cards and misuse of vehicles within the mayor's castle.

A lot of speculation was given regarding the city's misuse of credit cards and vehicles. That money came out of my pocket and now you want to take services away from me.

I think that each city rep needs to hold a meeting with their ward. In this meeting, people should voice their concerns as to what or where they think the reductions should be made. Our voice(s) need to be heard and acted upon.

To take away from the police department is probably not the best answer to be given. The city has grown leeps and bounds these last 0+ years and police protection needs to grow along with it. To hold onto people that don't give that extra every day, is wrong, but they can't all be in the police department.

What is it that the mayor and his staff can do without?

04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
The People say NO CUTS TO POLICE OR FIRE!!

But the Mayor and especially the City Council are not listening.!!!!

04-17-2008, 02:54 AM
I hear the IT department just hired a new person while the entire City is supposed to be on a hiring freeze. How is this possible?

04-17-2008, 04:10 AM
Case Number: 41 1994 TR 002095 File Date: 2/8/1994
Case Action Code: Steady Red Light - Failed to stop/yield Judge: MARC B GILNER

1 02/18/1994 OFFICER FILED A REQUEST FOR ISSUING WITNESS SUPB HE IS AWARE THAT THE CASE HAS NOT BEEN CONTESTED AS OF THIS DATE.
2 03/24/1994 WRITTEN PLEA OF NOT GUILTY FILED DATE- 03-28-94 LOC.-A JUDGE-4 TIME-09:00 A.M. NOTICE OF HEARING, COFS WITNESS SUBPOENA ISSUED (03) COPIES REQUEST FOR ISSUING SUBPOENA FILED REQUEST BY PTLM LAMENSA. ORIGINALLY REQUESTED THIS ON 2/18/94 REQUEST WAS NOT LISTED ON JACKET OR THE PD THERE- FORE SUBPOENAS WERE NOT ISSUED. ISSUED 3 SUBPOENAS FOR 3 MSO DEPUTY.
4 04/04/1994 RETURNED $106.00 PERSONAL CHECK INCORRECT AMOUNT SEE 94-2160VB JS
5 04/06/1994 PAID $85.50 RECEIPT NO. 12012017 FINE CODE 99 MAILED D6 DELINQUENCY NOTICE RELEASED - FINE SATISFIED
Charges Offense Date Florida Statute Charge Description Level / Degree Citation
1 02/04/1994 316.075(3)(A)A Steady Red Light - Failed to stop/yield. Traffic Moving Infraction 946497-L

Case Number: 41 1994 TR 002160 File Date: 2/9/1994
Case Action Code: Fail to display Registration; possession required Judge: MARC B GILNER

1 03/04/1994 WRITTEN PLEA OF NOT GUILTY FILED DATE- 03-28-94 LOC.-A JUDGE-4 TIME-09:00 A.M. NOTICE OF HEARING, COFS
2 03/09/1994 WITNESS SUBPOENA ISSUED (01) COPIES
4 04/04/1994 VALID PROOF OF REGISTRATION ENCLOSED SEE 94-2095VB
5 04/06/1994 PAID $21.00 RECEIPT NO. 12012018 FINE CODE 99 MAILED D6 PROOF DISMISSED DELINQUENCY NOTICE RELEASED - That was true and funny. Lamensa and Giles both filed slander suits against Bubba. Lamensa settled out of court for an undisclosed amount (I do know it was in the tens of thousands of dollars) and Giles went to court, won but got no monatery damages. Lamensa was the winner in that deal by far. He was one of the good ones, had your back and never rat you out like the rest of BPD does now. He just dated the wrong person who happened to have some severe issuses and screwed him over. If anybody ever wants the real truth, just ask him. He is as honest as anyone you will ever now and will still help anyone that asks, cop or no cop. He holds no resentments and misses alot of the old people here. I miss the old days.

04-19-2008, 01:05 AM
I hear the IT department just hired a new person while the entire City is supposed to be on a hiring freeze. How is this possible?

Yep, guess only public safety is on the hiring freeze! What a joke! The city needs to save all this money but little do the taxpayers know that the city admin are going to shove it right back down the taxpayers throats by taking it from public safety and all the places where it will HURT the citizens.

You think they will take their own bread and butter. Not going to happen! This will hardly touch their departments.

04-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Look at 9th ave and 14th how poston is getting his paver bricks put in and the officers are being cut from the job.YOU VOTED WAYNE IN IDIOTS.

04-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Yeah, but those pavers handle more of a load than some of BPD's officers :P .

04-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah, but those pavers handle more of a load than some of BPD's officers :P .

There just sooo stylish!! We dont want our bums, crackheads and hoes to walk on anything less do we??? Those are really a watse of money. Wonder what they cost???

04-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Look at 9th ave and 14th how poston is getting his paver bricks put in and the officers are being cut from the job.YOU VOTED WAYNE IN IDIOTS. dont kid yourself, Evers would cut police just as fast if not faster

04-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Look at 9th ave and 14th how poston is getting his paver bricks put in and the officers are being cut from the job.YOU VOTED WAYNE IN IDIOTS. dont kid yourself, Evers would cut police just as fast if not faster

You're absolutely right there! Evers didn't support the police when there were MILLIONS in the reserve. What makes anyone think that he would support the police when there are talks of cutting back on police benefits or positions? He was never a supporter of the take-home vehicle program to begin with...that would definitely be one of the first cuts if he were in charge.

04-26-2008, 01:43 AM
What IS the amount in the reserve now?

04-26-2008, 07:00 AM
What IS the amount in the reserve now? Plenty

04-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Enough to put in a new pool AND a addition without a fund raiser!