PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Reports

04-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Well Sports fans the 01-08 / 03-08 quartly reports are starting to trickle in.

Morgan:

Total Contributions $8,226.20
Total Expenditures $6,012.05

Good to grasp the concept not to spend more than we take in like last quarter....hey, the little fellar is learning a little something, now maybe he can learn to count deputies from different departments.

Harry and Larry's have not posted yet. ( wait guys from Roswell and Area 54) It's still early and they may be still posting them at the Supervisor of Election's Site)

One interesting footnoot on Morgan's contributor list, does the name Leroy Boyd set off any alarms? :shock: You know that fine well articulated fellow who is about as PRO POLICE as Al Capone. Yes the one that lead all the marches around the jail claiming that my brother and sister detenion officers were murders....you know the guy. Same one that use to lead marches to change the name of one of the most oldest historic streets in the city downtown Palafox to MLK Blvd. Yeah.... well that guy, was good for $200.00 Maybe it will go for some campaign Koozies that read "No More Jail Deaths...Let's just release them ALL!
Yeah I sure would like him on my team. Maybe they can get
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from Iran or Hugo Chavez from Venezuela come give a speech and maybe do a fundraiser fish-fry!
Even after an exhausted and time consuming search, I still can't find ONE LEO not even a retired one unless you want to count all that FINE Policing HE CLAIMS he accomplished in the military. You know all the information we get rolls from those same lips that does all that FUZZY MATH when comparing us and Santa Rosa. Hey Davey briing on a blast from the past like a former Commander who can shower us with information on how stellar you were in the Air Farce or which ever branch YOU claim your fame from. :roll:

04-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Now Scapecchi's is up. Still no Mcnesby so his data can't be properly compared yet.

Let's break some of the stats down.

Morgan = $34,202.32 In kind = 3,712.72
Scapecchi = $24,252.25 In kind = 3,368.66
Lucas = $21,073.99 In kind = 1,171.69

"In kind" is donated stuff like 2x4's for signs, food, etc and is included in the totals.

Morgan has a better cash to in kind ratio than Scapecchi meaning Morgan raised more cash from people. Cash is king because it can be spent in any way needed.

Scapecchi has raised only $3178.26 more than Lucas, a virtual nobody in this election. (No offense Sam) This is not a good omen for Larry. Sure, some disgruntled employees threw some dough at him; so what? Nobody knows him and his public speaking skills leave much to be desired.

Morgan has raised $13128.33 more than Scapecchi and has spent most of it on advertising. Morgan is getting lots of exposure and is pretty well known. His information is screwy but he looks and sounds good while presenting it. This pays dividends.

It is predicted Mcnesby will raise in excess of $230,000 by election day, possibly sooner. People aren't donating that much to a sure loser.

Scapecchi cannot begin to approach half of this amount if he can't even match kooky Morgan 7 months prior to the election.

Even if all three opposing candidates united and 100% of their supporters voted for Scapecchi he still couldn't muster enough fundage and support to win.

Things I learned:
1) Morgan would've had a decent chance if he would've run as a democrat or possibly independent.
2) Scapecchi can only win if Mcnesby implodes or dies
3) Lucas has made a respectable showing
4) Mcnesby will remain sheriff

04-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Ronnie Mac is up to $162,405.00 having raised $26,401.85 this quarter alone.

It's all over but the crying.

04-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Money means name recognition. You can't buy votes.

Let's see what the people have to say in August.

04-10-2008, 08:31 PM

Would YOU be willing to give me a way to get in touch with you so we can possibly see about a small friendly wager on the outcome?
Money means this.....if people are willing to give money they are also willing to:

1. VOTE
2. Tell family, friends, and co-workers/employess to vote (please make note of the number of business owners that have donated)

So numbnuts it means just a little more than "name recognition" It means more money more votes, plain and simple. Please stay away from the DAVID/DAVID way of thinking...you'll never succeed. They still think there are more Santa Rosa Deputies than there are Escambia Deputies :roll:

04-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Lowman's second term he won in a landslide. 72 or 76 percent.

Lowman's quest for a third term was all but a sure thing until the results started flowing in. Lowman had more money and he was expected to win. What he did not count on was the people being tired and wanting a change. The 3rd term curse. Thus McNesby won his first election by a slim margin.

Then McNesby barely won in 2004. 6500 votes is all it would have taken to swing the race. He had 55 or so percent. He had a ton more money than anyone in the race and a hurricane to help him shine. Yet more people in Escambia voted for GW Bush than McNesby. What? People that voted for GW Bush voted for the democratic Powell instead of McNesby? Now look at what has occured in the last four years. Think McNesby has won more votes or lost votes?

So now ask yourself, what will happen in 2008? Money means nothing but name recognition and if your name us mud, watch out! McNesby has just as many signs now as in 2004. McNesby will fall like Lowman did. What you have to ask yourself is, who will replace him. The democrats will turn out in droves. The independents will do the same and they will vote democratic. The republicans will vote like they did last time. Thus the winner of the democratic primary will be the next Sherff.

04-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Some truth there. I am voting for McNesby against Morgan in the primary. But if Morgan beats McNesby, I am voting for Scapecchi in the election. I am prepared for the worse case and we will see.

04-10-2008, 08:54 PM

Would YOU be willing to give me a way to get in touch with you so we can possibly see about a small friendly wager on the outcome?
Money means this.....if people are willing to give money they are also willing to:

1. VOTE
2. Tell family, friends, and co-workers/employess to vote (please make note of the number of business owners that have donated)

So numbnuts it means just a little more than "name recognition" It means more money more votes, plain and simple. Please stay away from the DAVID/DAVID way of thinking...you'll never succeed. They still think there are more Santa Rosa Deputies than there are Escambia Deputies :roll:

Sure.

04-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Powell and Scapecchi are both democrats, both had worked at the SO and both were running for sheriff; that's where any similarity ends.

Powell is well educated, articulate and charismatic. He provided a very experienced and well rounded alternative to the good old boy "ain't done nothing but been a lieutenant at the shurfs office" candidacy of Mcnesby and Willis.
People were willing to give someone with the credentials of Powell a chance to bring positive change because they saw something special in him. His elect-ability factor was high; Larry's isn't.

Face it, Scapecchi just doesn't excite anyone but a core group of disgruntled employees, his family and some friends from Myrtle Grove.

04-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Jessie Ventura

04-10-2008, 11:06 PM
nd the majority of voters don't have any signs out and they are not on campaign lists.

04-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Powell and Scapecchi are both democrats, both had worked at the SO and both were running for sheriff; that's where any similarity ends.

Powell is well educated, articulate and charismatic. He provided a very experienced and well rounded alternative to the good old boy "ain't done nothing but been a lieutenant at the shurfs office" candidacy of Mcnesby and Willis.
People were willing to give someone with the credentials of Powell a chance to bring positive change because they saw something special in him. His elect-ability factor was high; Larry's isn't.

Face it, Scapecchi just doesn't excite anyone but a core group of disgruntled employees, his family and some friends from Myrtle Grove.

Very TRUE Larry may be surprised by Mr. Lucas!

04-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Powell was about as charasmatic as Al Gore. The personality of a piece of cardboard.

04-11-2008, 12:00 AM
First off I am a Scapecchi supporter. I work at the Sheriffs office and have a degree. I am also a Republican. There are my qualifiers.

With that said, money and signs don't win LOCAL elections. Votes do that. A lot of my Republican friends are not happy with the Administration. They remember Deputies fired, jail woes, hunting trips, questionable trailer sales, women dont know politics comments and we aren't going to generate crime by tackling the illegal immigrant issue remarks. They remember close associations with men like Touart and the friendly phone calls on their behalfs.

These are the voters you will not find on the campaign contribution lists or with signs in their yards. They are looking for a change. Both Lucas and Scapecchi are not household names as of yet. Most of the people I talk with think Morgan is a little crazy. He is trying to hard and it shows. I can tell you that Scapecchi is out there winning votes. A couple here or a dozen there every day. He is recahing the"silent voters" who in fact are the majority of voters in this county.

A sign in a yard is worth only a couple of votes I would agree. But I guarantee less than 5% of the voters have signs. Change is coming. Lets all hope it is someone with expierence and integrity.

I sure hope its Scapecchi because both Republican canidates are a poor choice.

04-11-2008, 12:14 AM
First off I am a Scapecchi supporter. I work at the Sheriffs office and have a degree. I am also a Republican. There are my qualifiers.

With that said, money and signs don't win LOCAL elections. Votes do that. A lot of my Republican friends are not happy with the Administration. They remember Deputies fired, jail woes, hunting trips, questionable trailer sales, women dont know politics comments and we aren't going to generate crime by tackling the illegal immigrant issue remarks. They remember close associations with men like Touart and the friendly phone calls on their behalfs.

These are the voters you will not find on the campaign contribution lists or with signs in their yards. They are looking for a change. Both Lucas and Scapecchi are not household names as of yet. Most of the people I talk with think Morgan is a little crazy. He is trying to hard and it shows. I can tell you that Scapecchi is out there winning votes. A couple here or a dozen there every day. He is recahing the"silent voters" who in fact are the majority of voters in this county.

A sign in a yard is worth only a couple of votes I would agree. But I guarantee less than 5% of the voters have signs. Change is coming. Lets all hope it is someone with expierence and integrity.

YAWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN I'm awake now.... you need to wake up from your DREAM too!

04-11-2008, 12:25 AM

I agree. I know I am voting for Larry Scapecchi. You can attack Larry Scapecchi all you want but he is a very good man, a well experienced and qualified man and would make a great Sheriff. He will be Sheriff. Also, I have heard him speak and he is very good. I question the judgement of those who don't think so, especially since they support McNesby or Morgan. Also, I would rather hear the truth from anyone rather than be lied to by a silver tongued devil like we have for the last 7 years. Larry is the sleeper who is working every day for each vote. The way I see it he needs to win 6500 votes or about 3250 households. The population is the same as 2004 and he will carry the Powell votes.

Sorry but Lucas is not going anywhere and will get very few votes.

Morgan flaunts his experience and education yet he comes across as inexperienced, uneducated and uncouth. Then you have the peanut gallery... the citizens know what a nut he is because I hear it (unsolicited) every day. Sorry Morgan, you are no Powell. You are not even a cop and your facts are lies.

McNesby has money but he is fighting a losing battle. He almost lost 4 years ago and it is only worse. The above post points that out all to well. You can't take money and make people like you that have grown to dislike you.

Larry Scapecchi will be Sheriff.

04-11-2008, 01:23 AM
A lot of the businesses will place signs on their yard to avoid loosing any money from having the ECSO as a customer, also shady powerful business owners (like used car dealerships) are forcing smaller ones to put signs out or loose money from doing business with this guy or somebody he knows. This is a dirty and shameful form of politics but one that is well practiced by this administration.
His signs will only remind you of his corruption.

04-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Who is Larry's campaign manager and why haven't you fired him yet?

04-11-2008, 01:39 AM
He wanted God but he was too busy"calling" Harry

04-11-2008, 01:39 AM
He doesn't have a campaign manager.

04-11-2008, 02:52 AM
He wanted God but he was too busy"calling" Harry

That is funny...

04-11-2008, 03:12 AM

He probably can't afford one right now. At his current fund raising rate he should have enough money by June or July of 2012.

That was his plan all along and its a shame you guys gambled your careers so he could gain a little name recognition for his real campaign in 2012.

What....you mean you didn't know?

Oh...sorry. :oops: :oops:

04-11-2008, 03:32 AM
Here are some more numbers for your consideration.

http://www.votedavidmorgan.com/contents/love.html

04-11-2008, 04:29 AM

He probably can't afford one right now. At his current fund raising rate he should have enough money by June or July of 2012.

That was his plan all along and its a shame you guys gambled your careers so he could gain a little name recognition for his real campaign in 2012.

You suck @ss lapdog. Your whole concept that the office is for sale is why you are a POS and why the MAJORITY of persons at the ECSO, besides the lapdogs, want him gone. You think because you get special interest money and lapdog donations you have support? You almost lost in 2004. 2008 will be much worse. Your whole argument that you have more money is why we need a man of honor in the office and not a self-serving bunch of hypocrites. Money does not buy votes. Signs bring name recognition. Harry has name recognition and it is not good. He won't win and you will need to go find a new master. Idiots like you make Morgan look good.

Larry Scapecchi will be the next Sheriff.

04-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Larry may very well be the new sheriff. But be sure that you Republicans vote for David Morgan in the primary. Let's send a message to the suck @ss lapdogs and their master. Larry and David will square off in a much better world. One in which Harry is kaput. If Harry beats David - He'll beat Larry. Remember when you vote "the suck @ss lapdogs make Morgan look good." You can vote for Larry in November with no fear of 4 more from the Mac and his pack of rabid dimwits.

04-11-2008, 05:41 AM
here is some information some of you don't want to talk about

Lucas donated $3,500 of his own money to himself this quarter. He only had 9 people donate and one of those nine appears to be his wife or a relative.

Morgan has 120 people donating to him this quarter, and NOT ONE Law enforcement officer....hummmmm

Mcnesby had 84 people donate to him, including people/business's who he has in his back pocket. Wonder what kind of shady activity he has going on with some of these business's. Also kind of obvious who got promoted and who is still trying to get promoted at the Sheriff's Office. All that money he has raised and if you look closely it is almost all $250-500 donations from business and suckups.

Then you have Scapecchi, 120 people donating including people of all career types. Firefighters, boat captains, lawyers, biologist, students, federal officers, local officers, Sheriff's support personnel, landscapers, pilots,nurses, real estate salesman and so on....Looks like Scapecchi is doing alright for himself after all.

04-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Larry vs David :P Not Larry vs Harry :oops:

04-11-2008, 12:41 PM
here is some information some of you don't want to talk about

Lucas donated $3,500 of his own money to himself this quarter. He only had 9 people donate and one of those nine appears to be his wife or a relative.

Morgan has 120 people donating to him this quarter, and NOT ONE Law enforcement officer....hummmmm

Mcnesby had 84 people donate to him, including people/business's who he has in his back pocket. Wonder what kind of shady activity he has going on with some of these business's. Also kind of obvious who got promoted and who is still trying to get promoted at the Sheriff's Office. All that money he has raised and if you look closely it is almost all $250-500 donations from business and suckups.

Then you have Scapecchi, 120 people donating including people of all career types. Firefighters, boat captains, lawyers, biologist, students, federal officers, local officers, Sheriff's support personnel, landscapers, pilots,nurses, real estate salesman and so on....Looks like Scapecchi is doing alright for himself after all.

When you look at McNesby's, there is a bunch of cops but most of them are little suck @ss lapdogs that I would not trust because they are always looking to better themselves, which is ok, but they would stab anyone in the back they could to get ahead. The ones that are good, and they are few, are ones that were under pressure.

What is really telling is when you look at Scapecchi's list of cops who stepped up you see names you respect and would trust with your life.

04-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Larry may very well be the new sheriff. But be sure that you Republicans vote for David Morgan in the primary. Let's send a message to the suck @ss lapdogs and their master. Larry and David will square off in a much better world. One in which Harry is kaput. If Harry beats David - He'll beat Larry. Remember when you vote "the suck @ss lapdogs make Morgan look good." You can vote for Larry in November with no fear of 4 more from the Mac and his pack of rabid dimwits.

Sorry David, we are not buying that line.

Larry is change. We want Larry to run against Harry.

We would rather have Harry than David if we can't have Larry.

04-11-2008, 12:45 PM

You suck @ss lapdog. Your whole concept that the office is for sale is why you are a POS and why the MAJORITY of persons at the ECSO, besides the lapdogs, want him gone. You think because you get special interest money and lapdog donations you have support? You almost lost in 2004. 2008 will be much worse. Your whole argument that you have more money is why we need a man of honor in the office and not a self-serving bunch of hypocrites. Money does not buy votes. Signs bring name recognition. Harry has name recognition and it is not good. He won't win and you will need to go find a new master. Idiots like you make Morgan look good.

Larry Scapecchi will be the next Sheriff.

Well said. Amen!!!!!