PDA

View Full Version : WTF

04-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Somebody needs to slow KAZ down. I have never heard of any discussion of voting a no confidence vote on on the Chief. I am all for going after Johnson and the Board they deserve it but Chief Kelly has about as much say as I do in these negotiations. AS I remember they only said they were going after Johnson and the Board.

Palm Beach Post

"School police want chief removed
By CHRISTINA DeNARDO
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 10, 2008

The union that represents officers in the Palm Beach County School District Police Department are considering a no-confidence vote against School Police Chief Jim Kelly.

The union and officers accuse Kelly of trying to sabotage a ratification vote on raises which officers overwhelmingly rejected and complain that officers are forced to use antiquated equipment and that some officers have to use their personal cars for police businesses.
"He has been there too long and he has been comfortable in the position and he thinks he can do whatever he wants," said John Kazanjian, president of the Palm Beach County Police Benevolent Association the represents the 160-member police force. "He needs to go. We need to bring somebody else in to do the job."
Kelly, a former insurance lawyer and district superintendent for security, has headed the school district's police force since 1989. He created what is now a successful youth court program that annually prevents about 5,000 students from serving jail time.
The union said that school police radios are outdated and that officers who work in multiple schools sometimes need to use their personal cars if responding to an incident because there are not enough patrol cars. Last year, Kelly did away with the lieutenant ranking, angering officers who considered it a demotion. Before the union voted on whether or not to accept a 2 percent raise earlier this year, Kazanjian said Kelly met personally with two dozen officers to talk them into voting for the contract.
"He told them if they voted no on the ratification vote, there was a good possibility they wouldn't have a job anymore."
Discussion of a possible no-confidence vote comes at a time when Superintendent Art Johnson is discussing possible merger talks with the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. The school board and Sherrif Ric Bradshaw would have to agree on the merger."

04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
WOW, well I like Kelly, and think he is doing all he can do, if it wasnt for him I wouldnt have a job. I am happy about one thing the article referenced...using our vehicles to respond to calls for service, this is the ONLY plus that came out of the article......I am still in shock over the rest!!!

04-10-2008, 08:38 PM
I've had nine Chiefs in my time. I'd rate Chief Kelly as my #2 all-time. Chief Kelly runs the 2nd or 3rd largest dept in the County and probably in the top 50 in the State when you throw in the 14 frozen positions. The problem is that in departments we all came from, the police were about 45% of the workforce and Fire was about 25% and we could rule when we weren't bickering with each other. Chief Kelly has the gross numbers, but lacks the clout of someone who leads almost half the workforce. Here, we're about 1%. My #1 chief had clout because he had the biggest army, most visible part of the organization, and reported directly to either the city manager. Our chief has a bunch of people between him and our mayor (AJ). He also has principals and others that insert themselves either directly or by proxy into the chain-of-command, just like we have to put up with in the schools. In my former life, I was the SRO Sgt and reported directly to the Dep Chief. What I directed to be done was final, I did not have an AP, Principal, Area Sup, etc trying to insert themselves in my chain-of-command and change things. I had less interference as a sergeant than the Chief has as a chief.

04-10-2008, 08:45 PM
I have had Officers call me today about this post report. I knew nothing of this till I read Jason's post this AM. Like you and most of the other members, we were told that Chief Kelly wasn't a or the target. I will put my money where my mouth is. I WILL NOT VOTE FOR THIS OR WILL NOT ASK ANYONE ELSE TO VOTE FOR THIS. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PUT IN THE POST. I DON'T KNOW WHY IT WAS DONE, BUT I WILL CALL PBA IN THE MORNING TO SEE WHAT HAS CHANGED FOR THIS TO BE PUT ON THE TABLE.

I will also try to set a meeting for next week to get some info out to the Officers.

04-11-2008, 05:34 AM
But honestly don't you think the Chief could have, or can do more for his Officers besides offering "the schedule"? I mean the bus drivers got the all year around pay taken away! That shows you his pull is extremely limited and he could be classified as a "dupe"

04-11-2008, 03:26 PM
I phone PBA at 1118 hours, Kaz had left and will not be back till Monday. I will advise if any other info comes foward. Hang in there we will meet next week on some of these items.
I'm confused what the Chief had to do with the Bus Drivers losing year around pay. He did say at the meeting we would not be doing this till at least next summer, and the way things go at the Dristrict that almost as good as never. When they have the Drivers go crazzzzzzy when they don't get that first check, we will see how they act.

Rest up Monday will be here soon.

04-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Sorry Dummies, I won’t vote against the chief. The man has never done me wrong. The PBA has done pretty well, but a no confidence vote would back fire. Unless you guys are as stupid as I think you are. This department would have folded a long time ago under someone else. In the mean time, I’ll see you on da road.

04-11-2008, 06:55 PM
The Chief is pretty much along for the ride in this like the rest of us. Its whatever AJ and Board decide. He's pretty much stuck in the middle. On one hand he's a cop, and on the other, since he is upper management, he has to be the alter ego of AJ. Do you think that Nat Harrington is giving his own opinion on things, or is he the puppet while AJ is giving him the script.

04-11-2008, 07:20 PM
JH,

Well the PBA attacked Kelly again today, if you have no knowledge of this who is calling the shots. Do we have a plan?

Is the Sheriff taking us over, I know the PBA has no say-so, the contract will be dealt with by a pissed off Johnson and the Sheriff.

If it was the PBA plan to bring in the Sheriff, why did we attack the people who will determine our fate?

Has the negotiation board talked about a benifits plan with the Sheriff.

What will be the plan, will the Sheriff keep everything running the same.

If we knew Johnson approached the Sheriff on March 17th, why did we continue our attacks.

Is it true you tried to get GC kicked off the PBA board? if so why. Didn't the PBA appoint him because of his experience, and KAZ want's him on board.

If the Sheriff is taking us over will we hear from his command on the tranisition.

Our careers our on the line during these hard trying times, please keep us posted, and share the PBA plan.

04-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Well can I just call you Officer Wreck, or can I just call you Train? Let me try to do these in order for you.
1) There are 5 reps and 2 that do the main work, I would hope that they would know what was going on with this. I did call today and Kaz was gone for the weekend. Someone has a plan just hope to know it on Monday.

2) The odds in Vagas are 4 to 1 for no take over, but everyone is trying to get by this in order.

3)I don't think that the people that you speak of (AJ) (Board Menbers) have that much say after they decide to go. I don't think the Sheriff will have term told to him, and what will they have to say? Don't pay them as much as ''the real Sheriffs'' or ''make sure they do midnights in cain feilds''. The only thing would be maintain manpower and who they respond to and issues like that.

4) The ''Negotiation Board'' who the HELL are they? If the Department did go and you went with them then you benifit plan would be the same as the other 1800 Sheriffs that work now.

5) I know that he said on TV one day this past week that the same Officers would stay in their school and bussiness would be the same. I was told that the other Cities he took over, he asked the Officers working there to stay in the Cities for two years then they would get all their years credited and vacation and sick so it was like they worked for him the whole time.

6) Johnson spoke to him on March 7th, the day after the first flier hit the boxes. The strange thing is that Bradshaw told AJ what he needed to give him a bid. We have been told that he hasn't called back with an of the info. Why would we stop just because AJ called, that is part of this crap we go through in order to get what we should have been getting. 2nd flier he calls Chief, 3rd flier he took this week off. What does all that mean.

7) NO, no true, I wasn't happy that he was appointed to the board when we are not using the people that won the election for job task. I know not why the Board put him in the PBA reps and have not been told. I did speak to him last Friday 4/4 after he put his meno out. After speaking to him, I will again say " I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HIM OR THAT HE IS A REP, MY CONCERN WAS THE DRIVING FORCE BEHIND HIM. aFTER I SPOKE TO HIM I FEEL HE WILL DO THE BEST THING FOR THE DEPARTMENT AS A WHOLE AND THAT ALL WE CAN ASK.
Please ''Jenny Craig don't ask me who I am when you don't give your name''
Kas mush want him there as he put him there.

8) The way it's going you should read it in the POST first.

9) When I know their plan I will let you know, even know I will get trashed bacause of it.

04-11-2008, 08:35 PM
JH

That's all I can say is thanks, some info is better than none.

04-12-2008, 06:37 PM
I say its a 50/50 chance that the PBSO merger happens, and I dont think we as Officers have a say. AJ is going to do what AJ wants. The first day back should be an interesting one huh!!??

04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I am a life long Palm Beach PBA member. Please don't blame the the PBA. For the last six years the school district Police reprsenitives have not polled their officers asking for benifiet input, missed meetings unless ****tails were served, came to the table with a hap hazard attitude and lap luster demands, and seem to always blame someone else for thier down falls. The best thing that could happen to your agency is a PBSO take over. Hopefully the Sheriff will screen out the personel, who should not wear a badge in the first place, much like he did in Belle Glade. I know Kelly, and if I find fault with anything, he alway's retained and made excusses for his misfit's, and it is a shame becuase it is those misfit's who have smiled to his face, and behind his back have done him in. It will be intresting looking from the outside, how many of these misfit's PBSO will absorb. My prayers are with the rest of you, and I wish you good luck. Things will be much better when you are represented by PBSO/PBA

04-13-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm comfused by the blog you wrote! What is your point of don't blame the PBA for 6 years of the School Police Reps not polling their Officers. The Officers are asked every year for their input and we get little. I'm a Rep and I foward all the ideas I get from Officers to the 2 Reps that sit in on the meetings. This year after the Officers were asked to bring ideas to the table, I got 3 e-mails all coming from the same Officer. I do miss the meeting, but that not a problem as I don't drink in the first place. Please take a minute and advise where someone has ''blamed '' the PBA.

Being the PBSO Veteran that you are you have to say that Chief Kelly is not the only one that ''retains and makes excusses for him misfit's'', I'm sure if we get the chance to speak I can relay so great PBSO stories.

We are the same as you as the Department goes we have some Officers that work harder then others, but the ones that appear to not be doing as much some times get more done.

Maybe it's time to do ride alongs we can use a few of your people in schools and you can use a few of ours. Then we will all know that the jobs are not eazy on either side.

04-13-2008, 08:59 PM
As usual, everyone has an answer or reply-but also as usual not everyone feels a need to show us who they are or from where. As said before-your opinions are welcome-but state your name and take "credit" for your words.

If not-it seems you are just writing to add some conflict to the situation without any sound reason behind your words.

04-13-2008, 11:22 PM
The Chief has to go!! I ask you when was the last time the Chief stood up for any of us? Never!!! When was the last time he corrected Johnson or the Board when the made a bone headed statement? Never!! Instead he tried to convince us that AJ didn't mean what everyone of us heard!! It's not personnal its business. It looks as those of you that are using your real names are @%$ Kissers. You and I know if you post something negative and use your real name you more than likely well be transferred!! JH stop this and stand behind PBA. If not resign your position and go to the other side. Bye thw way I here several Officers were traveling around the county on Department time to get a petition signed. Had this not been in the Chief's favor you can bet there would have been and IA.. No love lost here. The Chief is sneaky and vendictive.

04-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Kiss my @$$. I use my name because I am not a chicken shit like you. You want to call then call me. I have never kissed anyones ass I just think sniping at eachother is counter productive. So step up *****!!!!

04-14-2008, 02:07 AM
If you don’t want to post your name its fine. Its always in your best interest to NOT post your name if you speak negative. We all know how this department is, COME ON!!! I think there should be a changing of the guard and I agree that a vote should be cast or a merger happen. So now I sign my name, and tomorrow I get a call, and mid week I am out in the Glades, and the following month there will be an IA, all because I signed my name to what I thought. BE REAL! Is it shear coincidence that all positive to neutral writing has a name attached??? Look at what we have right now, its OK, I know it can not get any worse. I am open for change unlike most here that use the usual scapegoat line "schedule"

04-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Have been to the last few PBA meetings, where Larry P.A., For the PBA said how few issues we have as a Department. That would say to me that most issues are resolved without the Officer getting more then a written warning. Could you name an Officer that has every been Suspended from this Department. I been here a long time and know of none. If what you say is true the Glades would be loaded with Kelly haters. I know of only two Officers that would like to be elsewhere, they are both in their first year with the Department. I sure they are the only two Officers that work in the Glades that don't live there. There are quite a few Officers that have spoken and do speak up with non pro comments about the Chief and they are still in the same position they were in.

There are about 35 Police Chiefs left in Palm Beach County, you don't hear many if any of them calling out the City Manager or the City Council to tell him he doesn't like what he said.

I again treat people how they have treated me, the Chief had always been good to me, sorry if that does not work into the master plan we have. If thing change and I don't like what happens to me, I hope Officers know me well enough to know I will be at the front of the line telling you I don't like it.
BUT AGAIN YOU WE SEE MY NAME THERE.

04-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I dont think the question is placing your name if you talk bad about the department. I think if you are going to call out an individual then you should place your name or at least call the person directly and talk to them. There has been alot of stuff directed at indiviudals that has been unsubstantiated.

04-14-2008, 07:48 PM
www.myspace.com/supportschoolpolice (http://www.myspace.com/supportschoolpolice)

04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
This is a new my space without the pictures. What is wrong with everyone. We teach our kids to act their age and not be pointing and calling names. TRUTH is no one has the answer. What ever will happen will happen. Everyone is upset and when people are upset is like being intoxicated everyone has something to say. Hawes you have alot of good views but I think you are bringing rude comments on yourself. This site is full of ignorance and people that honestly dont care and like drama. I have read the quotes and some are senciere others are demeaning. I have nothing againt C. kelly i dont even get in to the politics. I wish what ever is going to happen just happen. All this gripping is upsetting everyone.

ITZTHEMOMMY2005
04-15-2008, 06:53 PM
This is a new my space without the pictures. What is wrong with everyone. We teach our kids to act their age and not be pointing and calling names. TRUTH is no one has the answer. What ever will happen will happen. Everyone is upset and when people are upset is like being intoxicated everyone has something to say. Hawes you have alot of good views but I think you are bringing rude comments on yourself. This site is full of ignorance and people that honestly dont care and like drama. I have read the quotes and some are senciere others are demeaning. I have nothing againt C. kelly i dont even get in to the politics. I wish what ever is going to happen just happen. All this gripping is upsetting everyone.

I AM JUST CURIOUS, ARE YOU REFERRING TO THE MYSPACE SITE I CREATED. LITTLE CONFUSED BECAUSE MY SITE DOES HAVE PICTURES, I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE NAMES, NOR AM I GOING AFTER KELLY. I DO TEACH MY DAUGHTER TO ACT HER AGE.....BUT I ALSO TEACH HER TO FIGHT FOR WHAT SHE BELIEVE'S IN! THE SITE IS NOT FILLED WITH IGNORANCE....I DO MY RESEARCH AND CAN SHOW YOU DOCUMENTATION OF EVERYTHING THAT IS POSTED ON MY SITE. I DEFINITELY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER GOES TO SCHOOL IN THE DISTRICT. WAS ASSAULTED AT SCHOOL AND THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS AROUND TO HELP WAS THE OFFICER THAT ART JOHNSON CLAIMS WE DON'T NEED!!!! NOW, WHETHER YOU THINK THAT IS A MOTHER CAUSING DRAMA OR NOT, IS REALLY NOT IMPORTANT TO ME. I AM HERE TRYING TO SUPPORT OUR OFFICERS. I BELIEVE IN THEM AND WHAT THEY DO EVERYDAY. I DON'T BELIEVE IN SCHOOL BOARD'S GIVING PARENTS A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY WHERE THEIR CHILDRENS SAFETY IS CONCERNED. IN CLOSING, FOR YOU TO SAY THAT NO ONE CARES.....SPEAK FOR YOURSELF.