PDA

View Full Version : If A Tree Falls In The Woods

Jacobsen
04-07-2008, 11:11 PM
We've all heard the question - If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

I have embarked upon a journey to answer this impossible question. I submit to you that when the falling tree hits the ground it sends out vibrations into the air and ground. If no ear is around to pick up those vibrations and turn them into sound inside the brain than NO the tree technically cannot make a sound (only vibrations).

What do you think about this week's Outside The Box question?

04-08-2008, 12:07 AM
I think that I am happy that there are quality mental health care professionals out there that can help you.

04-08-2008, 04:21 AM
I think you should go back inside your box!!!!

Jacobsen
04-09-2008, 02:40 AM
I think the same person should stop replying to their own comments/posts. The above two posts are a prime example.

MOD 1
04-11-2008, 01:36 AM
I think the same person should stop replying to their own comments/posts. The above two posts are a prime example.

Actually the two posts above yours are by 2 different people.

Mod 1

04-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Darn, I thought I had it all figured out. At least that means that more people are posting now that the negativity has been removed.

Jacobsen
04-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Whoops, I forgot to log in before I posted the above. It probably would make more sense if it said "Jacobsen" next to the post.