PDA

View Full Version : USELESS 12

04-05-2008, 01:11 AM
After breakfast and a 58...
By the way WH did I mention you were the best thing thats happened to my useless career. i finally found a close group that share the same values in life 000000000000000000. Anyway im perking & i'll see you next week. By the way thanks for all that you do for us. I can now go home and look my wife and kids in the eye and tell them that they should feel safe because the cops in our city work just as hard as I do. Dont worry if someone steals your ID, or dont worry that someone broke into our house, or dont worry that Julie was mugged today walking to school, and just leave your purse on the front seat honey. BY the way did I thank you WD for being such a good guy. Its funny how a group of people at our station get victimized is it KARMA or is it what goes around comes around. HMMMMMMMMMMM? By the way WD you are great did I mention that.
http://darisa.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/cops-at-work.jpg

04-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Dude we get it you hate WH. I am sure the feeling is mutual. Please we don't want to hear your whining anymore get a life.

04-05-2008, 09:56 AM
U12 Lover, is this what you do all day while at work, think of things to say about dayshift then post it on the web since your too much of a little biaacchhh to let them know in person. WHAT A LOOSER!

04-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Wow...who needs me still hanging around NMB stabbing you guys in the back when you do such a good job of stabbing each other in the back on your own???

Thanks for making me so proud, fellas.

04-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Billy Boy, you are correct. Things aren't the way they use to be. Rookies now get off FTO and think respect from the Senior Soldiers is automatically guaranteed. I guess they were never taught that respect is earned in this career not granted upon completion of an FTO program. From my experience, it takes 5-7 years before a rookie can establish his character, work ethics, and his perception amongst members of this agency. As they will learn as time goes on, perception is usually greater than reality. They think that stopping every thing that moves the first few years of their career makes them gods gift to this career. They forget to realize that 10-15 years from now the chances of them being as proactive is slim to none. Oh well,

04-06-2008, 07:11 PM
It is all well and good that rookies like to be as proactive as possible, and I understand the reasons behind it. I remember what it was like when I first started out on the job. Taking 19's, stopping and arresting subjects was a new and exciting experience and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Heck, I still do. But along the way I learned that along with the thrill of the chase comes all of the bullcrap and headaches that come with making a lot of arrests and conducting a lot of traffic stops...complaints, IA's and unnecessary stress. In time I eventually got smart and realized that I was doing all of this proactive police work that caused me to end up in IA or the subject of some BS complaint, and for what? My paycheck was not any larger than anyone else's. No one appreciated my efforts in the chain of command, in fact, they resented having to deal with the complainants in the lobby and so they frowned on my extra curricular activity. In time I learned that I needed to pick and choose my battles, and so I have.

The rookies see guys like me and mistake my cautiousness for laziness, and that is a mistake that in time they will learn on their own.

I don't hold any hard feelings for a rookie that wants to go out there and save the world. I wish them nothing but God speed and good fortune in their efforts, but if in time they come to have the same experience as we who have come before them, let them reflect on my word and realize the truth within them.

Don't kill yourself doing this job, because no one really cares how many arrests you make or how many tickets you write...and in the end you will be the one left to deal with the complaints and the heartaches, and you'll not earn an extra dime for your efforts. Wise up, fellas. Your happiness and the welfare of you and your family is what counts, not the stats or the other BS that you might mistakenly believe is important.

04-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I think that really somes it up for me VOICE OF REASON.

04-07-2008, 12:36 AM
that pretty much "sums it up". its sad but i think thats the only true thing posted on this site so far.

04-07-2008, 04:23 AM
It is all well and good that rookies like to be as proactive as possible, and I understand the reasons behind it. I remember what it was like when I first started out on the job. Taking 19's, stopping and arresting subjects was a new and exciting experience and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Heck, I still do. But along the way I learned that along with the thrill of the chase comes all of the bullcrap and headaches that come with making a lot of arrests and conducting a lot of traffic stops...complaints, IA's and unnecessary stress. In time I eventually got smart and realized that I was doing all of this proactive police work that caused me to end up in IA or the subject of some BS complaint, and for what? My paycheck was not any larger than anyone else's. No one appreciated my efforts in the chain of command, in fact, they resented having to deal with the complainants in the lobby and so they frowned on my extra curricular activity. In time I learned that I needed to pick and choose my battles, and so I have.

The rookies see guys like me and mistake my cautiousness for laziness, and that is a mistake that in time they will learn on their own.

I don't hold any hard feelings for a rookie that wants to go out there and save the world. I wish them nothing but God speed and good fortune in their efforts, but if in time they come to have the same experience as we who have come before them, let them reflect on my word and realize the truth within them.

Don't kill yourself doing this job, because no one really cares how many arrests you make or how many tickets you write...and in the end you will be the one left to deal with the complaints and the heartaches, and you'll not earn an extra dime for your efforts. Wise up, fellas. Your happiness and the welfare of you and your family is what counts, not the stats or the other BS that you might mistakenly believe is important.

VERY WELL SAID, THE CLIMATE IS NOT CONDUSIVE FOR GOOD PROACTIVE WORK THESE DAYS...BUT DON'T BASH THE YOUNG SOLDIERS THAT STILL HAVE THE HEART....STAY SAFE, COLLECT THE CHECK AND RETIRE HEALTHY

04-07-2008, 11:39 AM
No one wants to bash the rookies, the atmosphere seems to be that the rookies feel the older cops are slugs. If that is true, then voice of reason explained the feeling amongst the older crew quite well and they will soon experience what we have. That is it.

04-07-2008, 12:26 PM
This is where the phrase BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT ! really comes into play. Yeah as a rookie we all wanted to go out there and save the world, show everyone that we can be the best and really make a name for our selves. But as the years past you learn that the more you do, the more you open yourself up for problems. You can call me lazy, but I guarantee that u won't see me on TV, in IA or in a court room pleading for my job because I was doing my job. You rookies can talk all the crap you want to but until you have walked in a officers shoes thats done 15-20 plus years in this job, you still dont know sh-t ! So stop your whinning and continue to do what you do. I'll sit back and watch all the frustration, liability, and stress that you will cause yourself.