PDA

View Full Version : Petition

04-04-2008, 09:14 PM
HAVE A GREAT BREAK I DID (HA HA) !!!!!!!!

I was told there is a petition going around the department to stop the PBA from continuing the campaign against the school district. I have not seen the petition myself but I understand it is real. I agree that now is not the best time in the world to stand up to the district. I was one of about six that voted against the contract last year. We should have been fighting long before now. It has been slim picking for the last four years. It is time we stood up for ourselves. We are not going to scare anyone into changing their mind this year or even next but in time as we continue to fight we may win out. If you are the person that is behind the petition step up and give your name. We had several meetings and as I recall they were sparsely attended and pretty unanimous behind our current action. Please don’t play into AJ’s hand and divide us more. Just stay as quiet as you were during the PBA meetings. This is a good department we just need to be paid a living wage. So stand with us or shut up. Please note my name is here. I have said how I feel. If you are distributing a petition then give your name also.

04-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Jason it appears you are feeling better, and to be fair to us didn't you have 2 breaks? Now lets get to the news at hand. There is a small group of Officers that went to GC and ask that he takes their petitions to PBA to show they are large in numbers. This action is to stop the flyers and other action of the Union. As of noon today that person had given GC a total of ''0'' signed petition, that would be close to 1/2 of the 3 Officers pushing this, they only need 2 more. I have to tell you America was built on cheering for the underdog, so it could happen and I think I want to see it happen.

If most or any of the Officers in this Department want to stop the action of the PBA we don't need to do a backroom Xxx in blood on paper to have it turned in. Call me nd I we bring each and every concern to the PBA. I have no AGENDA I'm where I am, will not go anywhere else, have no desire to move up or to move out, just to make this a better place.

Also talking to CG on the phone, I have to say I hung up having a lot of RESPECT for him. I for one wasn't happy when I was told he was made a REP nor was I happy when he was elected (or selected) by one person, but after speaking to him I do feel he is working for the betterment of this Department and that is all one can ask.

I will say the person or Officer that wrote the blog that was titled with his name was wrong! Say what you will, do what you will, but the Officer shouldn't have their names used for safety and respect. CG answered all the questions I had of him and I do back him in the actions he is taking for the Department.

I hope all have a great break because I know we all need it. Come back rested and recharged. Then we can set our sights on the prize(summer).

04-05-2008, 12:44 PM
When you return to your schools, you will see many teachers are not being renewed. I was proud of the unity that was displayed at the PBA meetings. The PBA stepped up for the first time, and offered a plan. Not a well organized plan, but a plan. During these hard economic times strategic mistakes could be a disaster for membership. The communication to the membership is not clear, goals and objectives have not been outlined, many political mistakes are being generated, and probibly the biggest issue is the advertisement on a nation wide police blog, attacking our own with reference to "New Yorkers", "Double Dippers", "Northerners".
The lies are being generated by a few. Everyone needs to step back, look at what is good for the order, use all of our resourses, and get what we need to survive. I have been a union member for many years, and have never witnessed anything like what is occurring at the PBCSD, and I am ashamed. I may withdraw from the union, as I am not sure we have one. The Chief, GC who happens to be a very intelligent businessman, BL is a smart honest man, they can fix working conditions.. I don't think the petitions being sent around are a union breaking tactic; it is a message to regroup, and have a plan that will work. We need a change in our PBA leadership, a couple of them are attacking our own with hate, and lies. This is union breaking, not a piece of paper with names on it.

04-05-2008, 05:21 PM
[Who do you really think you are? you make judgements on people you don't even know. That is what is leading this cause. No wonder we are losing. quote="JOHNHA786"]Jason it appears you are feeling better, and to be fair to us didn't you have 2 breaks? Now lets get to the news at hand. There is a small group of Officers that went to GC and ask that he takes their petitions to PBA to show they are large in numbers. This action is to stop the flyers and other action of the Union. As of noon today that person had given GC a total of ''0'' signed petition, that would be close to 1/2 of the 3 Officers pushing this, they only need 2 more. I have to tell you America was built on cheering for the underdog, so it could happen and I think I want to see it happen.

If most or any of the Officers in this Department want to stop the action of the PBA we don't need to do a backroom . in blood on paper to have it turned in. Call me nd I we bring each and every concern to the PBA. I have no AGENDA I'm where I am, will not go anywhere else, have no desire to move up or to move out, just to make this a better place.

Also talking to CG on the phone, I have to say I hung up having a lot of RESPECT for him. I for one wasn't happy when I was told he was made a REP nor was I happy when he was elected (or selected) by one person, but after speaking to him I do feel he is working for the betterment of this Department and that is all one can ask.

I will say the person or Officer that wrote the blog that was titled with his name was wrong! Say what you will, do what you will, but the Officer shouldn't have their names used for safety and respect. CG answered all the questions I had of him and I do back him in the actions he is taking for the Department.

I hope all have a great break because I know we all need it. Come back rested and recharged. Then we can set our sights on the prize(summer).[/quote]

04-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Dear Jenny Craig, no problem with your attempted slap in the face about my weight. You appear to be worried for me, and for that I thank you. Let me tell you of my life, I started in Law Enforcement in 1981, in late 1982 when arresting a young man who had killed a State Trooper, I was shot in the line of duty. This was a shotgun 12 gauge with quail shot. 310 to 320 pellets I was hit in the right hip. 3 operations later, I still had 200 plus pellets and some were very near the hip joint. I have had 7 minor operations to remove pellets that have moved. In 1999 I was in a vehicle accident where a vehicle crossed over on the Florida turnpike and we hit him head on. He died at the scene my family survived, but endured over 50 surgeries. I was in traction for 5 months with a rod just below my knee to pull on. After it was removed I had 3 surgeries on my knee and it should be replaced I’ve been told. I also had to have total hip replacement on that hip. This also left my right leg 1/2 inch shorter then my left. These issues did cost me about 100lbs in weight gain.
So Jenny I don’t tell you this for your pity, but to show we can endure. I come to work every day pain or not. I have not missed a work day in over 3 years. So your lightly veiled attempt to embarrass me will not work.

I'm who I am, I don't ask you to agree with me, I don't ask you to follow me, but if you look close you will see that I will tell you what I think. If you can't handle this please bypass my blogs.

Jenny if you were so truthful would you really hide behind your name.
I don't think so.

04-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I have known John since I have been with this Dept and I believe his actions are true. His daily work and his work as a PBA rep speak for themself. I agree it is time to stand up, but in the open so we can all move forward with whatever action is decided by the officers as a whole unit-not one that is acting behind the scene or for a personal agenda.

I have not heard of the petition-I do know some officers are not happy with the "stlye" of the political action we ae in. Each person is intiitled to their own opinion but Please speak up with names so we can work togeather.

04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I am not sure that I mentioned anyone or anyone else’s beliefs the “educated” Especially Double Dippers (Double Dipper you know I love you) retirees or Yankees. I think I would have called you Carpet Baggers anyway. I stated what I believe and placed my name on the national forum. Teachers are not being renewed at the moment because they cannot teach or they did not measure up to the Principals standards, not because the budget crises so get your facts straight. I am asking for you and Jenny Craig to reveal yourselves since you could not do it at a meeting when this was being debated. I again think this is bad timing and will say that we should have done it earlier. This backroom stuff is what will hurt the department. Thank You stay safe and enjoy the vacation… [/quote]

04-08-2008, 12:14 AM
When you return to your schools, you will see many teachers are not being renewed. I was proud of the unity that was displayed at the PBA meetings. The PBA stepped up for the first time, and offered a plan. Not a well organized plan, but a plan. During these hard economic times strategic mistakes could be a disaster for membership. The communication to the membership is not clear, goals and objectives have not been outlined, many political mistakes are being generated, and probibly the biggest issue is the advertisement on a nation wide police blog, attacking our own with reference to "New Yorkers", "Double Dippers", "Northerners".
The lies are being generated by a few. Everyone needs to step back, look at what is good for the order, use all of our resourses, and get what we need to survive. I have been a union member for many years, and have never witnessed anything like what is occurring at the PBCSD, and I am ashamed. I may withdraw from the union, as I am not sure we have one. The Chief, GC who happens to be a very intelligent businessman, BL is a smart honest man, they can fix working conditions.. I don't think the petitions being sent around are a union breaking tactic; it is a message to regroup, and have a plan that will work. We need a change in our PBA leadership, a couple of them are attacking our own with hate, and lies. This is union breaking, not a piece of paper with names on it.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its called union busting! withdraw your membership PLEASE! I will post the link where you can start the paperwork!

04-08-2008, 12:21 AM
As an officer, how come I was not able to participate in appointing a rep. to represent me while speaking to/with the Chief??? This was an underhanded move, and I think we should do something about it. Hell if I could, I would want JH or BW to represent me......Anyways I am for the PBA and their tactics and actions to move the Dept. in a better direction for the officers. All this talk about budget is fine, but it is a PATTERN that the POLICE never have gotten what they deserve, so keep on moving forward, and move outta the way GC. I plan on bringing his position up at the next PBA meeting