PDA

View Full Version : Vest

04-02-2008, 11:37 AM
The City of Bradenton Dept. heads got together to figure out a way to cut back on spending. The IT Dept. head suggested that the city not replace the police officers expired bullet proof vest, because all officers don’t wear their vest. The question came up, If the vest are expired does that mean they don’t work anymore? Now there is talk the we might come out with a mandatory vest wearing policy. Can anyone confirm this rumor?

04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
The City of Bradenton Dept. heads got together to figure out a way to cut back on spending. The IT Dept. head suggested that the city not replace the police officers expired bullet proof vest, because all officers don’t wear their vest. The question came up, If the vest are expired does that mean they don’t work anymore? Now there is talk the we might come out with a mandatory vest wearing policy. Can anyone confirm this rumor?Haven't heard that yet but I would not opose a mandatory policy. Everyone should be wearing them. As far as cutting expenses, I think they need to look at other areas first and look at the Pd and FD last. If IT came up with the vest idea lets look into getting rid of 1 IT person as they have trouble doing their job anyway and most of the time you find him standing around the chief smoking. I am sure that would save a bunch. How about Bob McCardle. Do we really need him? Lets some imput here into where else there is waste and maybe open some eyes.

04-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I heard our PBA Rep is pushing for the policy, while trying to kiss up to anyone that he can!!! Just say NO!! That means we will have to wear it at security jobs, front desk and anywhere else we are working!! Will office admin have to wear them also???I would almost vote YES to see L10 wear a vest everyday!! :lol:

04-02-2008, 06:19 PM
They can be shot at just as easy as the rest of us. It needs to be if in uniform, its on. The other option is for a waiver but you give up any benefits if injured or killed including workers comp and death benefits.

04-02-2008, 09:00 PM
The IT Dept. head suggested that the city not replace the police officers expired bullet proof vest, because all officers don’t wear their vest.

Why is IT worried about the Police Dept? Head of IT makes over $100,000 dollars a year. I suggest that we get rid of her, and hire someone at a lower rate that can do the same job.

04-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Save 100K=Fire the HR Head.

04-02-2008, 09:23 PM
It will not happen!!! I have been told that admin doesnt want to be held to that standard!!

04-02-2008, 10:07 PM
It will not happen!!! I have been told that admin doesnt want to be held to that standard!! If anyone takes the budget hit, its gonna be the officers on the street. The union has no back bone and city council hates cops! Until the department stands together and gets voters to remove those on city council that need to go, BPD will always be treated like s*@t. :!:

04-02-2008, 10:42 PM
BPD will always be treated like s*@t.

If the shoe fits............

04-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Guys, first of all I don't understand all this posting under a Guest name. If you have something you want to say, then come on out & say it....but don't hide behind the generic "Guest" title. Secondly, the vest issue is a CALEA standard, to mean.....Body armor will be worn by all members participating in a pre-planned, high risk situation i.e. search warrants, etc, etc.....With that being said, it is NOT LIKELY that we will lose our vests unless we want to give up our CAELA and CFA Accreditations. I don't see A1 approving of that anytime in the near future. I don't even understand why this is being discussed....... :roll:

04-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Before someone tries to hammer me on my typing, I mean't CALEA....

04-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Guys, first of all I don't understand all this posting under a Guest name. If you have something you want to say, then come on out & say it....but don't hide behind the generic "Guest" title. Secondly, the vest issue is a CALEA standard, to mean.....Body armor will be worn by all members participating in a pre-planned, high risk situation i.e. search warrants, etc, etc.....With that being said, it is NOT LIKELY that we will lose our vests unless we want to give up our CAELA and CFA Accreditations. I don't see A1 approving of that anytime in the near future. I don't even understand why this is being discussed....... :roll: let me guess... Sgt position opening up soon? :devil:

04-03-2008, 01:48 AM
We're not the ones who should be required to wear vests.....certain BFD guys who date certain female officers on the other hand :lol: :lol:

04-04-2008, 12:41 AM
To the "Guest" who's too afraid to post who he really is, you obviously don't work for BPD.....If you did, you would already know my name & Sgt are not likely to be used in the same sentence anytime soon.....For that matter, you should also already know the Sgt's positions have already been filled.............JACKA$$!!

04-04-2008, 01:49 AM
To the "Guest" who's too afraid to post who he really is, you obviously don't work for BPD.....If you did, you would already know my name & Sgt are not likely to be used in the same sentence anytime soon.....For that matter, you should also already know the Sgt's positions have already been filled.............JACKA$$!! KissA$$!!

04-04-2008, 01:56 AM
To the "Guest" who's too afraid to post who he really is, you obviously don't work for BPD.....If you did, you would already know my name & Sgt are not likely to be used in the same sentence anytime soon.....For that matter, you should also already know the Sgt's positions have already been filled.............JACKA$$!!
Why not, I thought lazy dayshift officer and Sgt were used in the same sentence all the time

04-04-2008, 02:14 AM
To the "Guest" who's too afraid to post who he really is, you obviously don't work for BPD.....If you did, you would already know my name & Sgt are not likely to be used in the same sentence anytime soon.....For that matter, you should also already know the Sgt's positions have already been filled.............JACKA$$!! E215, this isnt your MDT or a radio, you can just type your name and we will all get your post... or would you prefer we call you maveric or goose?

04-04-2008, 02:41 AM
To the "Guest" who's too afraid to post who he really is, you obviously don't work for BPD.....If you did, you would already know my name & Sgt are not likely to be used in the same sentence anytime soon.....For that matter, you should also already know the Sgt's positions have already been filled.............JACKA$$!! RELAX, IF YOU CANT COME ON THIS WEB SITE WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR AND A THICK SKIN, MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT LOG ON AT ALL :?

04-05-2008, 12:19 AM
As usual, we have a bunch of cowards on this site. If anyone wants to have a face to face, please come see me. Im not hiding.....

04-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Ah.... Camacho. The shining light that can save the world. You have to do more work on the knees for that promotion.

04-05-2008, 04:13 AM
Ah.... Camacho. The shining light that can save the world. You have to do more work on the knees for that promotion.LMAO!!!!

04-05-2008, 04:16 AM
As usual, we have a bunch of cowards on this site. If anyone wants to have a face to face, please come see me. Im not hiding..... "Me and you, mono "e" mono, by the flag pole after school" :evil:

04-05-2008, 04:23 AM
As usual, we have a bunch of cowards on this site. If anyone wants to have a face to face, please come see me. Im not hiding..... umm, but yet you can't get enough of it.....

04-09-2008, 05:17 PM
As usual, we have a bunch of cowards on this site. If anyone wants to have a face to face, please come see me. Im not hiding..... Your not hiding? Well you must not have been at work when you wrote that.

04-16-2008, 06:33 AM
Hey Carl, accounting used to be done long hand and with out a computer why don't you do it that way now? It's like sending cops out on the road with out vests....just dumb.

Stacey.....I just don't have time for you. College educated and I bet you don't have the intelligence to tie your shoes....

Just be quite and stick to what you know...and its not police work!

04-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Hey Carl, accounting used to be done long hand and with out a computer why don't you do it that way now? It's like sending cops out on the road with out vests....just dumb.

Stacey.....I just don't have time for you. College educated and I bet you don't have the intelligence to tie your shoes....

Just be quite and stick to what you know...and its not police work!

Exactly! [/b]

04-17-2008, 02:46 AM
"If IT came up with the vest idea lets look into getting rid of 1 IT person as they have trouble doing their job anyway and most of the time you find him standing around the chief smoking. "

Um, if you really think that I am standing around all day smoking with the Chief, you need to spell out your name so I can be sure to talk to you about it. Otherwise just shut up!

If you think that I don't do enough, you need to follow me around for a week and try to keep up. Yes, I take some time each day to get away from the office, but most of the time its to get away from it. I think you need to post your name so I can be sure to give you the proper level of support you deserve.

04-17-2008, 04:18 AM
Hey Jake, I think Brenda is calling you. Do you want me to go further cause there is a lot more out there that can be brought up about your job performance. Trust me, you don't want to go there. Time Cards? OT?

04-17-2008, 11:21 AM
why pick on jz, he is the lowest paid out of all the it dept, even thou he works for bpd.

why not staci or as rumor has it, she hire her high school son as an outside consultant

as for job performance we all have our flaws

lets work together and save all our jobs

04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Hey Jake, I think Brenda is calling you. Do you want me to go further cause there is a lot more out there that can be brought up about your job performance. Trust me, you don't want to go there. Time Cards? OT?

You are obviously an idiot. First, You talk about something that happened almost 10 years ago, it's over and done with. As far as time cards, job performane and ot goes, who knows what the hell you are talking about.

Why don't you be a man and show your real name, its too easy to make false accusations while hiding your true self. Is it becuase you no longer work here, is it because you try to blame everyone else for your own short comings? Why do you hide your real name?

Either show your name or shut the fu#k up.

04-18-2008, 01:33 AM

Dude.....your way off the path here. The point of the thread is the IT department head and the city manager would like to stop replacing the expired vests for the officers to save money! The point is there are many other ways for the city to save money than to put the lives of our officers in danger.

Try to pay attention... and by all means if you have a problem with Jake, man up and post your name or go talk to him.

04-18-2008, 04:52 AM

You are obviously an idiot. First, You talk about something that happened almost 10 years ago, it's over and done with. As far as time cards, job performane and ot goes, who knows what the hell you are talking about.

Why don't you be a man and show your real name, its too easy to make false accusations while hiding your true self. Is it becuase you no longer work here, is it because you try to blame everyone else for your own short comings? Why do you hide your real name?

Its probably the same idiot who brought up the idea that a certain firefighter needs a vest because he dated me! You people are idiots! Why do we have a serious topic that somehow gets turned into a personal bash session? And go ahead...make a whole bunch of dumb comments I really could care what anyone thinks of me!

04-18-2008, 06:22 AM

Its probably the same idiot who brought up the idea that a certain firefighter needs a vest because he dated me! You people are idiots! Why do we have a serious topic that somehow gets turned into a personal bash session? And go ahead...make a whole bunch of dumb comments I really could care what anyone thinks of me!

Gee, I wonder who BPDgirl is :roll:

04-18-2008, 06:37 AM
:devil: No No No, He didn't need to wear a vest because he dated you (he needed a condom and penicillin for that), he needed a vest because you tried to shoot him!! :lol:

04-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Hmm as an old timer I can say this about JZ.

When I call him at 3 AM and say JZ we have a problem he never says well just wait until I come in. He wakes up and does everything possible to fix the problem. This usually end up with getting the problem fixed. I never get a complaint, just a solution. If an officer brings a computer problem to him he fixes it. He can't fix everything, but when it comes to computers nobody can. If any of you can do a better job then him next time your laptop crashes fix it yourself.

As far as his taking breaks...who cares? How many times do officers stop for coffee or take a break each day? We all work under the same roof. Let's T94 each other on this deal. The idea that some are even bringing up vests or emergency equipment for the fire fighters is disturbing. There are many other places the city can find the money. How much did the city spend on those nice lights at the ball field so the pirates could play...lets see.. was it 3 night games? How many thousands were spent rebuilding new roads with nice shrubs and trees that will just die in a year when they dont get enough water.

Put your heads together guys, and come up with some cost cutting ideas. If we spent half the effort doing that as is spent attacking each other on this websight we should figure out all the cities budget issues in no time flat.

Common everybody crowd in GROUP HUG

04-18-2008, 03:28 PM
You can't possibly be talking about JZ's breaks. With the exception of one or two officers, let's stop at the different Shell and gas stations and say hello to all of the officers there, shall we? It's like their own personal refridgerator. And I can't even count the number of times he's trying to solve a bigger issue than most dumb-dumbs can even comprehend with the systems, and someone calls three times in an hour with something like "Uh...I can't figure out how to turn my computer on. This little button looks right, but I'm just not sure!?"
Let the man do his job and go back to the post at hand. :P

04-18-2008, 05:02 PM
:devil: No No No, He didn't need to wear a vest because he dated you (he needed a condom and penicillin for that), he needed a vest because you tried to shoot him!! :lol: LOL, D, you set yourself up for that one!

04-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Here's the real problem. City Hall thought process is being driven by the City Clerk office who looks at it as an US AGAINST THEM attitude. That is what needs to change. When it comes to the budget, it should be The City of Bradenton needs to cut, not the PD or FD or PW. The entire budget needs to be cut. That is obviously not happening and that is sad.

04-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Here's the real problem. City Hall thought process is being driven by the City Clerk office who looks at it as an US AGAINST THEM attitude. That is what needs to change. When it comes to the budget, it should be The City of Bradenton needs to cut, not the PD or FD or PW. The entire budget needs to be cut. That is obviously not happening and that is sad.

True, Wise Grasshoppa