PDA

View Full Version : Take Heed - The Trolls Are Watching

03-31-2008, 10:45 PM
For those who are not aware, it is now official that the Patrol Captain has cleaned house and is ready to take care of business.

After making the rounds and telling everyone how he is going to take care of the problems that last captain left, he now has enough free time to sit in his office and watch everyone on the TriTech system. He has everything running so smoothly he can now micro-manage full time.

He is watching everyone's location non stop. He knows where everyone is and for how long. He also has access to everything that the new system offers. He is watching how long it takes to respond, what route you take, how fast you were going when you went there how many bodies are on scene. He has even perfected the system so he can order people on the scene back in service with out talking to a supervisor on the scene or asking a question about officer safety. And you get all of this without him ever even leaving his office.

Maybe he is writing a book on how to completely destroy employee moral in 6 months. Sounds like a best seller to me.

03-31-2008, 11:37 PM
You, Cannot run Patrol from behind a desk, fourteen year D.B. Desk Jockey. We need leaders not managers, let the supervisors and the officers on the street do the job, without your micro-managing hands destroying it or injuring a supervisor or officer, let alone a citizen.

03-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Be sure to not congregate either, as he has warned a squad about being in the same spot in the morning. Any comraderie or brotherhood will gone when you cannot even get together with the guys you work with when it is slow. Morale is going in the sh*tter, and he could care less. He must be a lonely person and must hate any one with friends. It is great that gps is not being used against us....or is it? It is only a matter of time before one of us gets written up for something using the gps.

04-02-2008, 01:20 AM
you can complain all you want about your new captain that is watching the "brother hood" while they complain about doing their job since well none of you will even volunteer to back each other.. on calls.. brother hood days have long been over..and now the mostly mommas boys including the McDonalds kid.. that still hasnt learned his lessen will continue to complain and gripe about doing their jobs.. and remember to be in harms way means you actually have to chase someone or show up somewhere ..the NGNP and N end boys do the job but forget the rest of the city including the beach that complain about covering their own zones within blocks of each other ..give me a break.....

I'm in the know.....

04-02-2008, 09:09 AM
you can complain all you want about your new captain that is watching the "brother hood" while they complain about doing their job since well none of you will even volunteer to back each other.. on calls.. brother hood days have long been over..and now the mostly mommas boys including the McDonalds kid.. that still hasnt learned his lessen will continue to complain and gripe about doing their jobs.. and remember to be in harms way means you actually have to chase someone or show up somewhere ..the NGNP and N end boys do the job but forget the rest of the city including the beach that complain about covering their own zones within blocks of each other ..give me a break.....

I'm in the know.....

You are in the know?.....what do you know? I do not hear guys complaining about doing the job, I hear them complaining about how this place keeps reducing the quality of the department. You are obviosly a friend of a D2 officer or you are one yourself, because of your jab at all non D2 officers. Do not be fooled by the baby G's that run around in the kindergarten ghetto, they probably should be dealt with, but that is not the end all be all of police work. In fact, it is a waste of time. Everyone that wears the cpd uniform deals with the same crap as anyone else.

04-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Follow the rules dumb A*# and there won't be a problem. When you don't new stricter rules get imposed on us. Captain intentions are good. Just follow them. Seriously.

04-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Listen to yourselves...Dewey the dim-whit and big, fat Captain MT have you guys right where they want you - seriously divided and at each other's throats. You have to play it smart, and beat them at their own game! Trust me when I tell you that this is exactly what numb-nuts Dewey wants to happen!!

04-05-2008, 12:46 PM
It is very sad. The Chief is done; he is no longer an effective leader at the Department and does not represent his Department at the City level. This was clear at the Council Meeting for the take home cars, when he gave it away with no defense, until the Union stepped in. Watch the meeting, very sad. This has been coming for a while, but it is now clear. In these times that are of great concern with the cut backs, we need a leader, and cannot move forward or even defend what we have without proper representation to City Hall. This is not the Union's issue, they cannot represent us as a Department, but we need a strong front and face on CPD and it is very sad to see that we do not have one. Det. Mary is gone and her sworn slot is not being filled training says. It is because he has given up and is only on self preservation mode, he needs to be stepping up for us at the proper level and outlets. This is a time for all of us to be concerned, not just the non-sworn. M.T. cannot save us, we must clean the house, maybe J.K. can come over from MSB and assist. This has been coming for a long time and as history says you cannot be destroyed by the outside, until you first are destroyed on the inside. We must not fragment on each other as this board usually allows, we must be there for one another in this time when no one else will be.

04-06-2008, 11:15 PM
J.K. would eliminate the same things and more that Klein would/will. Don't be fooled. HR Joe, Margie and Horne have wanted to cut the PD for a long time. Dont think that they dont want JK in the house because he will do it. As for the take home, good job Jon. People didn't loose the take homes did they? Rumor is the Chief's office told him what to say to keep it from happening. Who cares if they don't fill Det Mary's spot. Not our problem.

04-07-2008, 08:18 AM
Whatever you need to be concerned, not filling Det. mary's spot is a great concern, from the Citizen to the Chief to the Union. It is a sworn position, we at the Clearwater Police just lost a Police Officer on the road. Even though they said they will not touch Police or Fire it is being done......

04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Ok so they said Police and Fire wouldnt be touched and you are surprised that Horne lied. He also said beach walk would only cost 8 million and now it is 30+. He also purchased supplies for the contractor so it would be tax exempt to reduce the ridiculous over-run at beachwalk. Your battle isnt in our house, it is city hall. Dont fall for the forked tongue devils in MSB. They will use you.

04-07-2008, 11:58 PM
I would love to give up Mary to have PST. Who wants to go back to covering all accidents. Selfish to only look at civilians and not you sworn.

04-08-2008, 01:57 AM
Who could "it is done" be? Someone in Finance who got their toes stepped on or is it the mayor's barber? Don't look forward to the Chief being gone. When he goes, the city will put someone in that will take everything, oh and during a contract year. Real smart.

04-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Who could "it is done" be? Someone in Finance who got their toes stepped on or is it the mayor's barber? Don't look forward to the Chief being gone. When he goes, the city will put someone in that will take everything, oh and during a contract year. Real smart.

There is something to be said here about the city inserting a puppet during the upcoming contract year. I would think since most negative issues in the department have to do with patrol operations, then Dewey Williams should be held accountable. It is time for his disconnect with patrol operations to be sent into retirement after 31 years at cpd.

04-08-2008, 09:59 PM
When Chief Kleins replacement tells him too, and not before then. On some days patrol manpower can be manipulated in such a way that many days half a shift is off with Training, Vacation , etc. But You will see ALL the comm center positions filled because quite frankly, politically speaking, the phone calls have to be answered, then the priority ones get dispatched, and the rest can HOLD till till infinity.

04-09-2008, 01:44 AM
I know that there are still some senior guys in patrol who know the real J.K. I cannot even imagine that he would get any support from the cops in his veiled attempts to return to the P.D. in any type of a leadership position. If there was ever a wolf in sheep's clothing, it is certainly J.K.! He would love to return as the Chief, and if you think for one second that he would not glaldy do the bidding of Horne, Roseto and Simmons and all of the other hacks from MSB, then you are really clueless. He is as thick as thieves with all of them over there, and it is blatantly obvious. I am the first to say that Sid and Dewey NEED to go, and the sooner the better...but sadly, if J.K. was to step into the role of Police Chief, things would get much worse, very quickly! Beware of J.K. at all costs...he would be the equivalent of the anti-christ as the Chief of Police!!

04-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Maybe we could buy the "dirt" from the starship people on all these "leaders" who need to go, including JK, and send it to the Communist Times. Just a wild idea during wild times. I think Heck would make a great chief....maybe Jung? It sure would not be any worse.

04-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I agree that we are in need of some serious change around here. But the time is not right. With all the personel changes, budget reductions and what ever else "Phases 2 and 3 hold", I feel we should just wait out the storm to see what happens.

The chief has always been good at playing the shell game with the city and I hope this is just another bout. Don't get me wrong, I do not agree with what is going on around here at all, from the micro-managing to the inconsistent levels of discipline. On one hand an officer commits numerous crimes that have been swept under the carpet for years. On the other hand an officer drags a hostile, combative prisoner out of his vehicle and into the county jail and gets a day off? What's wrong with this picture. Things are going to get worse around here before they get better, that's for sure. But if the city has it's hand in selecting our next leader, you can bet they will come in with an iron fist and destroy whatever morale is left. Just look at the mess FD is in. They tried this divide and conquer tactic already and look what has happened.

Do not be fooled at the city caving in to the "15 miles as the crow flies" take-home vehicle milage scam. There is an alterior motive behind this. They make it look like they gave us (the union) something and in return they hope to sway our membership to vote on ousting the chief. Do not trust JW for a minute, he is out for himself and is probably engaged in some of the back-door-dealings he accused the previous board of being involved in, no doubt.

Now is not the right time, wait till the dust settles and then lets evaluate the direction we are headed.

04-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Well Brother lets just take a look at this. I live in the City so I will get a take home car no matter the radius. I am not on the Sgt. list or the wanna be Watch Commander list, can you say the same for yourself? I am going back to patrol at shift change, what is it I can gain, other than to work for my membership. As far as an Agenda it is to serve my membership, tonight we as a Union, (Officers Labor Unit) will decide what direction to go, I cannot control that any more than you can. If you try you are a fool, I will do what they ask of me, including you if you are a rank and file member. It is the will of the membership we serve, and if you are one of the Supervisor's on the Supervisor's Labor board, I would hope you would do the same, but if you are not then let your voice be heard and counted. I am broken and full of humanity, the difference is I know this sadly and I know that you can only control yourself and not others. The more you try to control others the more it slips out of your hands like water.

Semper Fi

Walser

04-10-2008, 12:11 AM
What a line of crap.

04-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Mr. Walser,

How many times are we to listen to your "I am broken and full of humanity" speech? You were on display for all of us tonight and proved that you are truly an embarrassment.

Alas, you should find some professionalism in your game. We would all appreaciate it until your time here is done.

04-10-2008, 12:52 PM
At least he stands for what he believes is right. Can't say that about you, I'm sure. You are one of these people that stands in the shadows and complains, *****es, and moans and expects others to do something. You are nothing but a coward. Go dark shadow be one with yourself. :twisted:

04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Walser is full of sheet. There is no will of the membership. He attacks anyone with a different point of view. Try expressing a different view at a meeting and see how he acts toward you. If he believe the will of the membership line, he would welcome different opinions. Tom Cruise does the same thing!

04-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Eyes Wide Shut - Tom Cruise movie - Coincidence? You are right. Walser stands for what he believes - no will of the membership.

04-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Really...Which membership, could it be the supervisor labor unit because from what I see he has done more then most would have done for his membership. Again, sitting back in the shadows and complaining gets you no where but for supervisors or supervisor want to be's, thats all you can do because it does nothing for you. Stop the crying and man up for yourself, dumba$$! The only ones I see that are out for only themselves are the so called supervisors and up. Give me a break.

04-10-2008, 06:52 PM
WAY TO PROMOTE A HUGE DIVISION BETWEEN US. YOU WERE VERY SUCCESSFUL ON THAT END.

04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Let's not forget that many supervisors are just as frustrated as the rank and file. The officers have NO IDEA the amount of BS the supervisors have to deal with on a daily basis. The supervisors for the most part go to bat for us, put their necks out on the line, bend to the point of nearly breaking and shield us from the majority of the BS.

A great opportunity was wasted yesterday at the meeting. There were many experienced minds in the house that left shaking their heads. We have many common issues and as a whole are much stornger than going it alone. The supervisors should have been allowed to share in the concerns/issues as MEMBERS of the FOP. If a vote were in order, that could have been done after they were asked to vacate the hall.

The only thing that was accomplished yesterday, was that our fierless leader JW clearly drew a line in the sand. His actions and behavior at the meeting were an embarassment. It appears that his own ego is trying to divide us with the supervisors. Ask yourself why was a motion not brought before the floor to allow the supervisors to remain at the meeting to share/express their issues and in turn they could have listened to our concerns? The PST's were given that opportunity. It is becasue JW runs the Faternal part of the meeting.

One day one of us may be in a position to get promoted and join the ranks of the supervisors. Just because he admitted he has no intentions of advancing in his career, does not mean we don't. To the supervisors who were in attendance at the meeting, I want to appologize on behalf of our loud mouth president. He does not represent me and my views and he lied when he said he did not want to be confrontational, anyone who heard him knows the truth.

04-10-2008, 09:20 PM
This has supervisor written all over it. I was in the labor part of the meeting and nothing you said makes me believe you are nothing but a supervisor with a stepped on ego because you weren't allowed to stay for that part of it. Nice try though. I am sure you supervisors have your secret squirrel meeting that the officers are not "allowed to be part of and your agendas are hardly ever made known to us as officers. JQ is a coward with know backing from his own members, so if you must apologize, do it for your fierful leader and board. Please don't apologize for JW. I would rather him have my back then a coward supervisor that has his nose so far up someones a$$ that he no longer remembers what it is like to be rank and file and only cares for no one. JW stay strong...you have more support than you may realize.

04-10-2008, 09:41 PM
SPELLCHECK please!

04-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Fearful as in........JQ is fearful of his own shadow. Is that better for you?

04-11-2008, 01:16 PM
"Embarrassment"? Hey "Guest", which of meetings were you at? Certainly not the two that I attended Wednesday night! The biggest embarressment involving at "our" agency is the "country club" environment you supervisors enjoy at CPD! At least "JW" hasn't sold out his membership in order to appease the Chief, and thereby secure a promotion, which is, as we all know, what happened a few years ago with a "past president." And as far as the "let's all stick together" bull crap, and "we all all in this together" horse manure, Hey supervisors....NEWSFLASH!!!! We are not all in this together!!! You all exist in your kingdoms, with your undeserving take-home cars, (none of which have cages, which would mean, God forbid, you might have to actually do some police work for a change) your $100,000 + a year salaries, your "untouchable" status with administration, no matter how screwed up you are. In reality, if you take the last 10 or so SGT promotions?? A good portion of them would probably be the LAST person who, as most of us agree, would have been promoted!! And that is the reality!!! (Reality, by the way, is a concept the Chief and a lot of you supervisors have no clue of. Not all, but a good number of you.) I guess the reason so many "supervisors"...and I really hate using that word, because at CPD, most of them are anything but "supervisors"..., showed up at the meeting was because they thought that there was going to be a discussion as to whether to hold a "no confidence" vote. Well, most of us already know how absolutey disfunctional, dillusional, and yes, corrupt, this agency is. We don't need a "no confidence" vote to confirm that. Let me clearly repeat that reality...CPD IS DISFUNCTIONAL, DILLUSIONAL, AND CORRUPT, as it relates to the majority of the internal workings and decision makings! (This should not be confused with the day-to-day workings of the rank and file officers, detectives, & PSTs.)

Footnote: Several of us made note of that "rat" who left the FOP 10 labor portion of the meeting early, in order to run to the phone to make his report to whoever. Perhaps "he couldn't live with himself any longer" if he didn't dutifully go report what was being discussed, that being the rat that his is. (It's funny, I guess he CAN live with himself as it relates to that suspect he beat the hell out of, and then jumped back in his car and left the scene like the scared, yellow bellied rat that he is!) But that is just my opinion of the scenario! ;) Hypothetically speaking of course.

04-11-2008, 04:05 PM
This is perfect. We now have both unions coming on here and airing out there opinions on the topic as well as specific people. I can only imagine if the city "leaders" and police staff are viewing this, how big a smile they have right now. How can anyone remotely discuss a no confidence vote when we (both unions) can't even sit in a room and discuss a topic. We would look like idiots going to the city with a no confidence vote, then arguing amongst ourselves. The only thing in agreement is that we (CPD) has gone downhill since the chief lost control of the ship and there does not seem to be anything in the future to change it.

We are a group of hardworking Offficers/Detectives/Supervisors/PST'S who only want what's deserving and right. Somehow we better figure out how to sit together and become strong or we can bet we will weaker than ever and go nowhere.

04-11-2008, 04:47 PM
This is perfect. We now have both unions coming on here and airing out there opinions on the topic as well as specific people. I can only imagine if the city "leaders" and police staff are viewing this, how big a smile they have right now. How can anyone remotely discuss a no confidence vote when we (both unions) can't even sit in a room and discuss a topic. We would look like idiots going to the city with a no confidence vote, then arguing amongst ourselves. The only thing in agreement is that we (CPD) has gone downhill since the chief lost control of the ship and there does not seem to be anything in the future to change it.

We are a group of hardworking Offficers/Detectives/Supervisors/PST'S who only want what's deserving and right. Somehow we better figure out how to sit together and become strong or we can bet we will weaker than ever and go nowhere.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FadedBlue
05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Listen to yourselves...Dewey the dim-whit and big, fat Captain MT have you guys right where they want you - seriously divided and at each other's throats. You have to play it smart, and beat them at their own game! Trust me when I tell you that this is exactly what numb-nuts Dewey wants to happen!!

Sounds like you're burned out brother...maybe you need to reconsider your career choice!!
Both of the men you've made mention of have worked their way to where they are. I suspect you are a "skate" who spends most of the time complaining. CPD would be a better place if there were less of your kind.

FadedBlue
05-07-2008, 12:57 PM
J.K. would eliminate the same things and more that Klein would/will. Don't be fooled. HR Joe, Margie and Horne have wanted to cut the PD for a long time. Dont think that they dont want JK in the house because he will do it. As for the take home, good job Jon. People didn't loose the take homes did they? Rumor is the Chief's office told him what to say to keep it from happening. Who cares if they don't fill Det Mary's spot. Not our problem.

It's obvious YOU are a rookie who doesn't know much about JK. Yes ...he had some detractors, but they weren't the guys who worked for or with him!! If he were to take command the only ones who should be concerned would be the DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN crowd!!

05-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Got you FADE. If JK focused on the complainers and do nothing, we could lose our LTs, FTOs and Community Policing Teams. Not good!

FadedBlue
05-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Got you FADE. If JK focused on the complainers and do nothing, we could lose our LTs, FTOs and Community Policing Teams. Not good!

Just a hunch...but I'd guess YOU have never been an FTO or a member of one of the CP teams! Am I right...officer??