PDA

View Full Version : please reply

03-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Hello guys,

I just past the assesment , I was wondering if this department allows anyone with Full sleeve Military tattoos

I just spoke with a police officer from MPD and he mentioned he has been granted a Grandfathered becuase he has been with MPD since 93 as he had some visible sleeve tattoos, So, Would I now be disqualified to continue my process with MDPD as I have full visible sleeve tattoos?

And if so can I state that I want to wear a long sleeve uniform?

Any info will help me guide what department is ok with visible tattoos so I can apply and allow any candidate have visible tattoos. :? :idea:

Also, if there are any laws , news , articles about this please send me some info. Thanks and looking forward to several responses

03-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Chance Ransom has no tattoos.

DAVIE634
03-26-2008, 12:32 AM
I don't know about tattoos, but you sure as HELL better not be caught wearing a military ring!

03-26-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't know about tattoos, but you sure as HELL better not be caught wearing a military ring!

Chance Ransom doesn't wear a ring.

03-26-2008, 01:10 AM

Chance Ransom doesn't wear a ring.

Yeah he does its just below his waist,above his knees and he obviously rests it on your chin since you love him so much.

03-26-2008, 02:05 PM
You're good. We've already hired guys with sleeves.

03-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah he does its just below his waist,above his knees and he obviously rests it on your chin since you love him so much.[/quote]

No, I'm telling you. No ring. And that other weird stuff about the chin is also untrue.

03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Do they allow the tattoo of the bulldog that I have on my a$$

03-26-2008, 06:15 PM

Chance Ransom doesn't have a bulldog...but he used to.

03-29-2008, 05:08 PM
I think it doesn't disqualify you, but it's against general orders to get new ones after you are employed.

03-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I think it doesn't disqualify you, but it's against general orders to get new ones after you are employed.

No, it's against the general orders to get visible tattoos once employed. However, could they really enforce this? I mean, I guess they could make you cover them up, but c'mon... This general order was a Chief George B.S. order made to affect one or two people who he knew were going to get full sleeve tattoos..... It's friggin' ridiculous, if you ask me.

Instead of worrying about what tattoos guys (and girls) may get, or what rings people may have on, maybe we should worry about the fact that we have SEVERAL officers on probation that aren't worth their weight in horse manure.......

DAVIE634
03-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I think we should have a wait and see attitude as to the future hires. Thus far, our chief hasn't made any. The problems we have had over the years is from the complete incompetence of John George. George was a cancer in this department and just like cancer, he destroyed what was once a preeminent department in South Florida with his hiring decisions, some promotions, and other decisions. I sincerely hope he is through with law enforcement or I feel sorry for any other agency he will ruin.

03-29-2008, 07:34 PM

I don't know. Let me see it

03-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah, you're right. New visible tats don't hurt anyone. Neither does long hair or beards. If piercings are allowed on women, they should be allowed on men. BDU pants with polyester shirts also don't harm anyone. At some point you have to say "no" to these things. I agree that there are more important issues to discuss, but how does allowing you to get a tattoo, improve anything in this department? At least if we are hiring you with existing tattoos, we can see what they look like and decide whether it should make a difference or not. If they change the policy and you get one after hire, what guarantees does the department have that you are not going to get something embarrassing to us all like a swastika or giant phallus?

Can't we be the department that looks professional and also hires qualified new people. It's not like uniformity and good grooming are mutually exclusive to competence.

On the ring thing, I think that they made a very strict set of rules that could have been amended without difficulty for the class rings. However, it is a lot easier to say: "no rings allowed," than to describe 50 types of rings that are acceptable.