PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos in this department my first post , Im new hello !

03-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Hello guys,

I just past the assesment , I was wondering if this department allows anyone with Full sleeve Military tattoos

I just spoke with a police officer from MPD and he mentioned he has been granted a Grandfathered becuase he has been with MPD since 93 as he had some visible sleeve tattoos, So, Would I now be disqualified to continue my process with MDPD as I have full visible sleeve tattoos?

And if so can I state that I want to wear a long sleeve uniform?

Any info will help me guide what department is ok with visible tattoos so I can apply and allow any candidate have visible tattoos. :? :idea:

Also, if there are any laws , news , articles about this please send me some info. Thanks and looking forward to several responses

03-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Not sure what the policy is at hollywood but i think these rules are all lame. Who cares if an officer got tats. Best of luck

03-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Hey man thanks!
So I guess I should apply at Hollywood PD.

03-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Hey man thanks!
So I guess I should apply at Hollywood PD.

wait till someone who knows the answer. That way it'll save you the trouble

03-26-2008, 01:09 AM
Tats on forearms ok at FORT LAUDERDALE PD. However, that place is a sht hole right now.

03-26-2008, 03:46 AM
Hey, I'd check with the personnel dept. I think they are about to pass a new policy on that. There are a few new guys who are working on sleeves now, so they might get grandfathered in. But as for new hires, not sure. Each department probably has their own policy and I'm sure it is subject to change, just as ours is.

Good luck.

03-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah..lets base our career choice on if you can sport a tattoo or not..hire this moron..he'll be a great addition.

03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah..lets base our career choice on if you can sport a tattoo or not..hire this moron..he'll be a great addition.

Wow real nice calling someone who served to protect your sorry ass a moron. Grow up you stupid sex offender and get off our police board.

03-29-2008, 04:06 AM
Yeah full sleeve are ok in Hollywood for now. I heard rumor city will not allow anyone to have a visible tattoo in the future if they did not already have it when hired. So a sleeve for now is ok but anyone hired after the rule is passed would have to dress accordingly to the new standard...Hope this helps...

04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Tats on forearms ok at FORT LAUDERDALE PD. However, that place is a sht hole right now.

Why do you think their a shthole?