PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos in this department my first post , Im new hello !

03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Hello guys,

I just past the assesment , I was wondering if this department allows anyone with Full sleeve Military tattoos

I just spoke with a police officer from MPD and he mentioned he has been granted a Grandfathered becuase he has been with MPD since 93 as he had some visible sleeve tattoos, So, Would I now be disqualified to continue my process with MDPD as I have full visible sleeve tattoos?

And if so can I state that I want to wear a long sleeve uniform?

Any info will help me guide what department is ok with visible tattoos so I can apply and allow any candidate have visible tattoos. :? :idea:

Also, if there are any laws , news , articles about this please send me some info. Thanks and looking forward to several responses

03-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't know what MDPD does, our dress code policy is silent on the issue. Most departments if challenged would go with the Courts Standard of "community acceptance" or what would the community think or like. I know the military is not too cool with the subject anymore and is trying to limit or eliminate the practice. I guess it would boil down to how garrish the tat is. Sorry but I don't have a clear answer for you. You could make an appointment with the Chief of the department and ask what they think, that would take the guess work out of it.