PDA

View Full Version : 10s

03-22-2008, 08:08 PM
When is the department going back to 10's? At this rate a new officer has to work at least 13 years to get weekends off.
If never, how about rotating for us new people?

03-22-2008, 10:01 PM
When is the department going back to 10's? At this rate a new officer has to work at least 13 years to get weekends off.

How about no. There are guys with 3 or less years here with T-F-S off... Give me a break. Quit your complaining and deal with the hand you've been dealt. Or you could always go to work for BSO and work 5 8-hour days if you'd like. Oh, and you'll have to wait until long after to years to get much better than a wed-thurs off....

Rotating days are not going to happen. The discussion has been repeated dozens of times in this forum, at union meetings, and in the parking lot/water cooler/etc. forum... Get over it.

Oh, and everyone knows who you are. So, give it a rest, would ya?

03-22-2008, 10:06 PM

How about no. There are guys with 3 or less years here with T-F-S off... Give me a break. Quit your complaining and deal with the hand you've been dealt. Or you could always go to work for BSO and work 5 8-hour days if you'd like. Oh, and you'll have to wait until long after to years to get much better than a wed-thurs off....

Rotating days are not going to happen. The discussion has been repeated dozens of times in this forum, at union meetings, and in the parking lot/water cooler/etc. forum... Get over it.

Who is he?

03-22-2008, 10:07 PM

Who is he?

Who is he?

03-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Anyone know if the schedule will be tweaked again the next time around?

example:

TFS off

2 ofcs 6-6
2 ofcs 7-7
2 ofcs 8-8

rather then an entire squad all on the same hours?

03-22-2008, 10:39 PM

example:

TFS off

2 ofcs 6-6
2 ofcs 7-7
2 ofcs 8-8

It will be tweaked

03-22-2008, 10:55 PM
there was a schedule submitted that had each squad broken up like the example above. the captain reportedly responded that it does not allow for the accountabilty of the "squad concept" that they have been able to achieve thus far.

i really dont know what any of that means, but we dont spend twelve hours with our sgts as it is, so what would be the big change other than to give us a little more choice into what hours we are able to bid for......

hey we all wanted the big money now we have to live with what we voted for........ awesome.

03-23-2008, 03:03 AM
there was a schedule submitted that had each squad broken up like the example above. the captain reportedly responded that it does not allow for the accountabilty of the "squad concept" that they have been able to achieve thus far.

i really dont know what any of that means, but we dont spend twelve hours with our sgts as it is, so what would be the big change other than to give us a little more choice into what hours we are able to bid for......

hey we all wanted the big money now we have to live with what we voted for........ awesome.

Squad system? What squad system? I work a different zone every single day of my work week. I rarely work with the same zone partners and I see my assigned Sgt. once or twice a week.

03-23-2008, 11:13 AM
You guys can complain all you want, the bottom line is that morale is really getting worse which means the town is saving $$$$. The 10s are still in the contract but do not hold your breath.
Also,according to the article on the FLPD contract, we have the highest % of unfilled slots for officers in the county, which was the towns goal all along saving $$.

03-23-2008, 12:03 PM
So quit!!!

03-23-2008, 12:21 PM
The concern over the lengthened days is legitimate. You can all stop asking about whether the Town's goal was to save money or not. I can assure you that saving money was the sole goal of going to twelve hour days.

The reason that it seems that we have been stripped to bare minimum is that they used to be willing to supplement manpower shortages with overtime. If there were five people in training, they would pay officers to bring up the minimum. They are no longer willing to do this.

There also seems to be the impression that we are starting our days with 20 officers. This is incorrect. There have been a few times when we have had 18 officers, but this is rare and depends on no one taking vacation or using sick time. The situation that occurs every night from about 5 - 630 PM is a tremendous disservice to the residents of this city. There are times when we have half a dozen officers responsible for the entire city. This may be alleviated by the new schedule, but it was allowed to go on for three months without adjustment.

The answer to the question of whether or not the town went to 12's to save money is kind of obvious. It is not safer; it is not easier for the officers; it robs the city of enhanced manpower during peak hours and it has been a tremendous hindrance to training.

As one commenter said, the 10's are in the contract, but don't hold your breath. They didn't go to 12's for you and they aren't getting rid of them for you. This saves them a ton of money and you aren't the one's electing Council members. I would also be willing to bet that if the citizens knew what they were giving up in terms of police service, they would still be in favor of the 12's. People want a police department, but for the most part never think that they will have to use them.

03-23-2008, 02:00 PM
THAT WAS A GREAT POST WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN 1720-1820 HOURS IS NOT SAFE FOR US THE OFFICER'S AND THE CITIZENS BUT THE BOTTOM LINE THE TOWN COULD CARE LESS AS LONG AS ITS SAVING MONEY. HOPEFULLY THE NEW SCHEDULE WILL FIX IT AND IF IT DOESNT TOO BAD BECAUSE THEY WONT CHANGE IT FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-24-2008, 01:05 PM

example:

TFS off

2 ofcs 6-6
2 ofcs 7-7
2 ofcs 8-8

It will be tweaked

The possible addition they looked at and it could be added is a 9-9 shift or 1 430/430 630/630 to help at busy times, it sounds like it could help clear up some calls for those of us who work nights

03-24-2008, 01:48 PM
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH CLEARING UP CALLS FOR THE NIGHT SHIFT IS THAT MOST OF THE NEW OFFICERS ARE TO BUSY DOING 50S AND DONT HAVE TIME TO ANSWER THIER CALLS OR BACK EACH OTHER UP!

03-24-2008, 02:15 PM
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH CLEARING UP CALLS FOR THE NIGHT SHIFT IS THAT MOST OF THE NEW OFFICERS ARE TO BUSY DOING 50S AND DONT HAVE TIME TO ANSWER THIER CALLS OR BACK EACH OTHER UP!

Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.

03-29-2008, 05:24 PM
B****, Moan, Complain. But here you have the perfect forum to put ideas out there, so what would you suggest? As long as the town is saving money, 12s will be here to stay. So we have them. Deal with it. Quit dreaming about 10s and start shelling out some constructive suggestions.

For example: How about a larger overlap? Two hours instead of one? Maybe three hours? Some officers come in at 6AM/6PM while others come in at 8AM/8PM?

How about dividing the zones differently? 13 zone is ALWAYS hopping, so why not make that 2 zones instead of one? Same for 11 Zone? How about having an officer at the front desk, this would relieve the calls for 22 Zone, would it not?

Constructive criticism, people! This site is for so much more than ragging on each other and talking about fictional characters!

DAVIE634
03-29-2008, 06:54 PM
The problem is that another schedule WAS submitted. The schedule I submitted, covered all the overlap problems that we have now. This schedule was extremely popular with those who looked at it. The schedule was also shown to the chief, who had no problem implementing it, but was talked out of it by one of the captains. The schedules will be forced on us by those who don't work it now or in the future. All we can do is take care of each other out there. Before anyone criticizes this post please have the balls to use your name or ID number.

03-29-2008, 10:54 PM
The remapping of zones is already in the works. Also, we are trying a lengthier overlap. Now let's talk a little Chance. Also, Davie634, quit hiding behind your anonymity. Who the hell are you?

03-29-2008, 11:33 PM
The remapping of zones is already in the works. Also, we are trying a lengthier overlap. Now let's talk a little Chance. Also, Davie634, quit hiding behind your anonymity. Who the hell are you?

The remapping that pines ended up with is a mess (go to their site or an employee). As for a new schedule, the captains are on a contract and they have to justify their jobs so no change thats good is gonna happen. Now lets all get back to wearing our coast guard rings

03-31-2008, 12:27 AM
As a new Officer I would like to say I enjoy all the days off I get... I take as few calls as possible during my 12 hour shift, as its clear other officers are moer then willing to take the calls for me!!! Subsequently I have more free time to go home, hang out with supervisors and most of
all visit my boyfriend… wherever he may be! In closing please don’t change anything. This is working out great for me!

P,S. I would also like to say how appreciative I am to have broken the “most days off by someone on probation” award. It was something I have worked hard to accomplish… I’m sure I will destroy next years award for “most days off by someone who does not have a terminal illness” Thank you to all the people who made it possible.

03-31-2008, 03:49 PM
As a new Officer I would like to say I enjoy all the days off I get... I take as few calls as possible during my 12 hour shift, as its clear other officers are moer then willing to take the calls for me!!! Subsequently I have more free time to go home, hang out with supervisors and most of
all visit my boyfriend… wherever he may be! In closing please don’t change anything. This is working out great for me!

P,S. I would also like to say how appreciative I am to have broken the “most days off by someone on probation” award. It was something I have worked hard to accomplish… I’m sure I will destroy next years award for “most days off by someone who does not have a terminal illness” Thank you to all the people who made it possible.

Whoever wrote this is a coward. Plain and simple.

03-31-2008, 06:16 PM
Dont worry about the 94s, once we get back all of the suspended,reassigned,and admin employees, we will have more people on the road.

03-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Dont worry about the 94s, once we get back all of the suspended,reassigned,and admin employees, we will have more people on the road.

Why would you want to work with any of them?

04-01-2008, 01:16 AM
I know of at least one or two that nobody wants to work with.

04-02-2008, 12:10 PM

I'll work with those guys. The people that I don't want to work with are the ones that put in for the unit. Those people are scabs.

04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow… that’s a strong reaction, it must have been read by the person I was referencing. As far as me being a “coward” that’s a blanket statement that is unsupported and void of thought… My blurb is with out question is somewhat false as I don’t believe you have yet to attain an award for all that you “don’t do” here… Its remarkable how you got your job and even more amazing that your still here!.. “coward” look at the work you do here… look inside yourself and know most people you speak with may say nice things to your face but are thinking just what I am saying…

04-03-2008, 12:56 AM

I'll work with those guys. The people that I don't want to work with are the ones that put in for the unit. Those people are scabs.

which two or few guys are you talking about? I may be unaware but did people put in for vin?
if so why are they scabs? You couldnt get in that unit if you werent one of the in crowd so now its open so lets move on

04-03-2008, 11:18 PM
i didnt even know we still had a vin unit

04-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Wow… that’s a strong reaction, it must have been read by the person I was referencing. As far as me being a “coward” that’s a blanket statement that is unsupported and void of thought… My blurb is with out question is somewhat false as I don’t believe you have yet to attain an award for all that you “don’t do” here… Its remarkable how you got your job and even more amazing that your still here!.. “coward” look at the work you do here… look inside yourself and know most people you speak with may say nice things to your face but are thinking just what I am saying…

I have nothing to do with the person to which you referred. You take shots at someone and don't even hint at your identity. That makes you a coward. Do you see yourself as noble? Righting some injustice that you would be persecuted for attacking? Please. What do you think of yourself? "Hey, I really taught that female cop a lesson. I was able to attack her without her ever knowing who did it." How brave!

I know who you are talking about and I have almost no interaction with her. I also have strong feelings about the watered down product that equal opportunity has created, but I will not resort to anonymous and not all that funny attacks. People like you are what is wrong with this department.

In fifteen years, no member of this department has gotten in a fight with another member. What the hell are you hiding from?

Also, I recognize that your "blurb" is "somewhat false." It's called satire.

04-04-2008, 11:59 AM

I have nothing to do with the person to which you referred. You take shots at someone and don't even hint at your identity. That makes you a coward. Do you see yourself as noble? Righting some injustice that you would be persecuted for attacking? Please. What do you think of yourself? "Hey, I really taught that female cop a lesson. I was able to attack her without her ever knowing who did it." How brave!

I know who you are talking about and I have almost no interaction with her. I also have strong feelings about the watered down product that equal opportunity has created, but I will not resort to anonymous and not all that funny attacks. People like you are what is wrong with this department.

In fifteen years, no member of this department has gotten in a fight with another member. What the hell are you hiding from?

Good post. By the way, I loved "Candide".

04-05-2008, 03:33 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Mr. Holier-than-thou, calm down. First off, YOU are anonymously bashing the poster, with whom you disagree. So, you're just as bad as he/she.

People like him/her are what is wrong with the department?? Sounds like you're doing the same thing, so maybe you need to look in the mirror, if you actually believe what you're writing.

No fights? I can name several in the past 15 years. Like, once when two females almost going to blows in the DB. I can keep going, but I figure one example is enough.

So, think before you post. You are just as bad as "us."

I, too, have had maybe one interaction with the female that they are bashing. But, I hear from reputable sources that she is a huge problem already. Now, I agree with you that bashing her behind her back is stupid and juvenile, but let's face it...what's the difference between posting these messages and just talking crap under your breath when she walks by? Same thing, in my mind. So, unless you're going to say you don't talk about people behind their backs, keep your holier-than-thou crap to yourself and move on....

04-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Yes, I didn't miss the irony that I am posting anonymous posts about bashing someone for anonymous posts. However, I have used this name for a while to discuss things that would not be favorable to the administration. In order to remain consistent, I continued with Voltaire. I certainly didn't remain anonymous to protect myself from the original poster or anyone else involved with this topic. Like I said, this name links me to other controversial topics in past forums.

I don't mutter things under my breath about anyone. I have always gone straight to the person or I keep my mouth shut. I had no idea about two females coming to blows in the DB. However, I have never heard of a serious fight taking place in this department. Although, I may be forgetting something.

As far as the intimidation factor goes, I doubt that the original poster has much to fear in the way of retaliation. My whole point was that under no circumstances is what that person did acceptable. I don't care what kind of piece of crap officer a person is; they still have the right to face their persecutors.

However, since we do have people torpedoing their fellow officers, I'm not going to be an idiot and reveal myself, just to draw the same sort of attacks. In other words, when you guys start putting your name to these things, I promise to reveal myself to you. By the way, my choice of pseudonyms eliminates at least a few people, right?

To the original poster: try to be more like Chance Ransom, would you?

Incidentally, I have nothing against the person that said I was being hypocritical. You were right to point that out.

04-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Yes, I didn't miss the irony that I am posting anonymous posts about bashing someone for anonymous posts. However, I have used this name for a while to discuss things that would not be favorable to the administration. In order to remain consistent, I continued with Voltaire. I certainly didn't remain anonymous to protect myself from the original poster or anyone else involved with this topic. Like I said, this name links me to other controversial topics in past forums.

I don't mutter things under my breath about anyone. I have always gone straight to the person or I keep my mouth shut. I had no idea about two females coming to blows in the DB. However, I have never heard of a serious fight taking place in this department. Although, I may be forgetting something.

As far as the intimidation factor goes, I doubt that the original poster has much to fear in the way of retaliation. My whole point was that under no circumstances is what that person did acceptable. I don't care what kind of piece of crap officer a person is; they still have the right to face their persecutors.

However, since we do have people torpedoing their fellow officers, I'm not going to be an idiot and reveal myself, just to draw the same sort of attacks. In other words, when you guys start putting your name to these things, I promise to reveal myself to you. By the way, my choice of pseudonyms eliminates at least a few people, right?

To the original poster: try to be more like Chance Ransom, would you?

Incidentally, I have nothing against the person that said I was being hypocritical. You were right to point that out.

Good post Voltaire. These guys don't understand the "thin blue line". Unfortunately, it takes a funeral to bring us together.

04-10-2008, 12:07 AM
i guess the topic shifted as usuual....why are we still on this awful schedule?.....why are alot of us complaining yet the upper level bosses think its great?....to bad we all just cant get along....
how bout rotating weekends for the newer folks??/

04-10-2008, 01:21 PM
i guess the topic shifted as usuual....why are we still on this awful schedule?.....why are alot of us complaining yet the upper level bosses think its great?....to bad we all just cant get along....
how bout rotating weekends for the newer folks??/
Because most of the prople who voted for it dont work it...easy $$$$

04-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Because most of the prople who voted for it dont work it...easy $$$$[/quote]

Hey Stupid,

16 people voted against the contract. There are 82 on Road Patrol. So 80% of the people that work the schedule voted for it. Get your facts straight.

04-10-2008, 06:36 PM
yes unfortunately, almost every single one of these posts gets off topic. (i always like a chance ransom reference). but not enough people asked the right questions about that portion of the contract before they voted to ratify it.

most of the senior people, who either dont work the schedule, or are senior enough to not have to work crappy days, didnt care what we worked because of the dramatic increase they recieved through the contract. i honestly dont blame them.

but the thing that none of them really cared about it the "membership"

this piece of crap schedule rotation was written into the contract. so unless we go back to ten hour shifts, we are contractually stuck with this for another 2 1/2 years. great job!

so the officers who work it, and hate it along with the bosses are stuck. fatigue is a reality as are the amount of crashes we are seeing department wide (road patrol) but none of the upper management wants to say there is a direct corrulation (probably spelled wrong) between the two as a cause and effect although there have been countless articles about 12 hour shifts and working more than 3 days in a row affecting officers.

the problem that faces us is not the fact that we do not wish to work this schedule any longer, it is the fact that as long as we are separated by all of the petty crap amongst us and we cannot stand together on any single issue, nothing will ever happen. contrary to what many believe, the membership neither is made up of the "board" nor a select few who actually choose to voice their opinions. the membership is every single person that pays dues. maybe people should have seen that no one on that joke of a board would actually stir the pot since they are mostly supervisors. except for i think our chaplain and ML. everyone else is either on probation or trying to make the next rank or justify their useless positions.

the bottom line is either stand up as a group or nothing will ever change around here because the union isnt going to do anything without being made to do so by all of us. just a sad fact. none of them can grieve anything for us, we have to do it ourselves.

04-10-2008, 07:08 PM
You truly are clueless. It is amazing how people that are on a losing side will try to justify their position anyway they can.

Anyone who says that they were not informed about the contract is either a moron or lives under a rock. The Union made every possible attempt to inform those that wanted to be informed. Meetings were held, posting on the Union board and people available at the vote to explain anything that needed to be explained.

By your post, it is obvious that you are new to the Department and feel that you are entitled to something. Do your time and then you will be able to enjoy the days off you want. If you want a Monday through Friday, 9- 5 job, go work in a bank.

The schedule was written into the contract to protect everyone. The purpose is so that the Administration can come in and change the schedule anyway they want. Go talk to some other Agencies and tell them that your schedule is your contract and see what they say. The ones I have spoken to are usually amazed.

You blame fatigue for the crashes we are having. I bet if we did a study for what day the crashes happen it will not have anything to do with the schedule. Let’s look at reality, cell phones, laptops, writing as you drive, late details those are probably better reasons for the accidents. Be careful what you ask for. If they do research the reasons for these crashes you might find a limit on details or the banning of cell phones. If that happens I guarantee you will be up in arms.

So you’re not happy with your life and you feel you need to attack others. An easy target for you is the Union Board. You blame them for being supervisors. If I recall correctly, anyone that attends meetings could run for a Board position. There were not an overwhelming number of people that chose to run for a position. I think it was only two people per position. We did this democratically and those members were elected by a majority. It is obvious that you are the minority.

I do agree with you about one thing and that is our membership. It is pathetic. We have 158 sworn members in this department. I think 156 are paying members. When was the last time you saw 156 members at a Union meeting? And the excuse that they are intimidated or spoken down to so that is why they do not come to the meetings is garbage. If they continue to lay down, they will never get ahead.

DAVIE634
04-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Although I am NOT a fan of the current schedule, I would like to address the post about the 12's in the contract. During negotiations that I attended, we were TOLD by the idiots with the town that we WILL be going to a 12 hour shift if we liked it or not. Our only recourse was to bargain for a contract that would at least compensate us well financially for this major change to our lifestyle. The reason that it was put into the contract is because we wanted to keep from having 8's in the contract. If you have read the article you will see that the ONLY schedules we can work is 12's or 10's. This was specifically written to keep us off of 8's, which was the town's first suggestion. Before you make comments about the contract, please read it or have it explained by someone who was actually in negotiations.

04-10-2008, 08:35 PM
if you read my post again, i said i cannot blame the senior members. please read it twice. it doesnt matter how long i have been at the department to formulate an educated opinion as to how things are conducted.

and you saying that people are talked down to at union meetings is garbage, is just that.... a big bag of sh*t. if you attended the meeting before the ratification, that was done, sgts, senior officers and lts were basically calling anyone out right there on the spot. no rank in union meetings my ass!

i really dont give a sh*t what the union says or does because it usually ends up not happening, just like the fact the prior president said at one meeting that we will hold out for what we want, and the very next meeting, not at impasse, he then sold us on the contract.

whatever, i really dont care what or who you think i am bashing. the whole issue of this contract happening or going to impasse, was the 12 hour shifts. i was just saying not alot of people asked about the ramifications of this shift. and that is a fact based on how many people that voted for the 12's now say they hate them, and didnt even realize that the 4-3, 4-4 schedule was even written into the contract. that includes both veterans and rookies alike.

the bottom line is this. our union isnt worth a shit to us because they have no backbone...... which is the membership.

you say i have no clue about what i am talking about. what may be the case is that you have spent so much time away from road patrol, or are so worried about who's ass you will kiss next to get anywhere in our agency, that you are brain washed into thinking that you live and work in a blissful agency and in the meantime, someone sold you a big box of sh*t and told you it was great. go sell your unicorn somewhere else.

04-10-2008, 10:13 PM
the bottom line is this. our union isnt worth a shizzat to us because they have no backbone...... which is the membership.

Please leave this agency and stop trying to infect everyone with your BS. Go back to your last agency and leave us alone, already. Well, we know they won't take you back, but maybe you could try somewhere else, since you're so unhappy here. No backbone? Weren't you specifically asked at a union meeting if you had a different opinion and you sat there, speechless. But you RAN to your computer after the meeting and were posting messages on here. My favorite is when you pretend that you don't read this message board and say you never post here. It's comical, really.

By the way, there's only a few people who don't like the contract. You, the new yorker, and a few others. Everyone else likes the extra day off every two weeks, the extra money from comp time, and the extra money in our hourly salary. Some of us realize the importance of fixed days off and are willing to do our time here in order to get good days off. I certainly don't want to be a 20 year cop and have to work on the weekends.

So, please, stop already. We've had enough of your big useless mouth and your stupid looking sandals. ;)

04-10-2008, 11:59 PM
]

By the way, there's only a few people who don't like the contract. You, the new yorker, and a few others. Everyone else likes the extra day off every two weeks, the extra money from comp time, and the extra money in our hourly salary. Some of us realize the importance of fixed days off and are willing to do our time here in order to get good days off. I certainly don't want to be a 20 year cop and have to work on the weekends.

So, please, stop already. We've had enough of your big useless mouth and your stupid looking sandals. ;)[/quote]

Its more than just a few and you probably would know that if you went to calls instead of coffee breaks with supervisors. Just so you are aware of shift bidding, to get weekends off on bravo you will need at least 15+ years and almost the same on alpha so your theory of doing your time is correct but under the 10s this wasnt even an issue.

04-11-2008, 02:35 AM
well after reading this posting, and seeing the replies it has recieved just like in past posts on this site that contradict someone's opinion, i personally have posted 2 things on here. both of which using my id number. 21 uniform 818.

yeah i have been here for less than two years. yes, i voted against the contract because of the 12's. i openly only opposed that portion of the contract. everything else that was discussed with me, behind closed doors by the current president and other members i had no problem with.

from what i see on here, which is amusing to say the least, is alot of people making attacks. from the posting that made reference to that meeting, and yeah they asked me a question right after they yelled at deidrick for asking his question, i wasnt about to say anything. god forbid a rookie have an actual opinion about something that goes against the grain.

post anonymously, tell me to go back to my old agency. do whatever you want. you want to talk to me about any of this crap on here come find me and talk to me. otherwise continue to post anonymously on here, talk behind everyone's back who's opinion doesnt suit your own.

i was asked about this contract by stokes in a meeting because i negotiated a couple contracts prior to here. i actually went to impasse, and when that didnt work and the city gave us sh*t, we resigned.

again, i have posted on here using my name, and just like the last time, when you thought i posted about the contract, i was told about it.

if you dont have my number, im sure you in your infinate wisdom can find it from someone you work around. seek me out my friend, otherwise go f*ck yourself.

oh and i read this board on a regular basis to see what tools like you have to add. which is generally nothing positive. might as well be a friggin soap opera.

04-11-2008, 02:40 AM
well after reading this posting, and seeing the replies it has recieved just like in past posts on this site that contradict someone's opinion, i personally have posted 2 things on here. both of which using my id number. 21 uniform 818.

yeah i have been here for less than two years. yes, i voted against the contract because of the 12's. i openly only opposed that portion of the contract. everything else that was discussed with me, behind closed doors by the current president and other members i had no problem with.

from what i see on here, which is amusing to say the least, is alot of people making attacks. from the posting that made reference to that meeting, and yeah they asked me a question right after they yelled at deidrick for asking his question, i wasnt about to say anything. god forbid a rookie have an actual opinion about something that goes against the grain.

post anonymously, tell me to go back to my old agency. do whatever you want. you want to talk to me about any of this crap on here come find me and talk to me. otherwise continue to post anonymously on here, talk behind everyone's back who's opinion doesnt suit your own.

i was asked about this contract by stokes in a meeting because i negotiated a couple contracts prior to here. i actually went to impasse, and when that didnt work and the city gave us sh*t, we resigned.

again, i have posted on here using my name, and just like the last time, when you thought i posted about the contract, i was told about it.

if you dont have my number, im sure you in your infinate wisdom can find it from someone you work around. seek me out my friend, otherwise go f*ck yourself.

oh and i read this board on a regular basis to see what tools like you have to add. which is generally nothing positive. might as well be a friggin soap opera.

You tell 'em. I don't even know who you are, but at least you write an intelligent post & tell the hypocrites how it really is.

04-11-2008, 03:56 AM

LOL!!!! THIS IS GREAT!!! Now, I'm no detective, but I can sure spot similar writing styles. For example, all of the previous idiotic posts on this thread include NO capitalization. Cooincidentally, your post also contains no capitalization. Several contain curse words with astericks (i.e. a previous post contains "sh*t" and this new post contains "f*ck"). They contain the same spelling and grammar errors and are written EXACTLY in the same tone and style..... (i.e. interrupted thoughts, excessive punctuation, etc. etc. etc.).

Dude, you're busted, so just give up the "i've only posted twice" thing. You have posted AT LEAST a dozen times in this thread alone. Anyone with half a brain can spot your writing. It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you are the one who keeps mentioning the rotating days. Hell, you're the only one who still talks about it at the department. Why wouldn't you post about it, too?

PLEASE, don't be a total hypocrite and pretend that you're not posting anonymously here, dude. The whole "call me" or "talk to my face" bs is completely negated by the fact that you ARE posting all of this anonymous crap, too.

At the very least, if you're going to pretend, AT LEAST change your writing style to make is less obvious...... C'mon, dude.

Oh, and we still don't like your sandals.

04-11-2008, 04:01 AM
to get weekends off on bravo you will need at least 15+ years and almost the same on alpha so your theory of doing your time is correct but under the 10s this wasnt even an issue.

To get F-S-S off, yeah, you have to be pretty senior.... It's always been like that, even on 10s.

There are people on alpha with T-F-S off that have been here less than 3 years. Those guys/girls have all day thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday off. Sounds like weekends off to me. The overwhelming vast majority of the road patrol officers have either saturday or sunday off every single week. Saturday and sunday are weekend days (last time I checked, anyway), so therefore almost everyone has part of the weekend off.

Again, please stop complaining and wake up and see how good you have it. And for the record, I don't drink coffee.

04-11-2008, 04:24 AM
you apparently have to use the asterisk. otherwise it gets removed, changed or deleted from the post. i know this by reading the deleted post threads. i didnt make the comment about how many years it takes to get weekends off. but again assume what you want.

i never said i was unhappy here. not once. as i said in my one previous post, i made quite a bit more walking in the door. i dont complain about crap other than the 12's. and as far as keep bringing up the rotating shifts, that was right before the original schedule came out. what 6 months ago? yeah i would definately like to goto that type of schedule, not because of every other weekend, but the fact you only work three 12's in a row not 4 like we do now. but again that is the only thing senioroty matters with here so whatever. it is what it is we dont do sh*t here and we get paid quite well. the 12's were getting unsafe, hopefully this new schedule will fix it.

again i see you posted as a "guest" go figure. and apparently you are a rocket scientist and self proclaimed writing style expert. yeah and i am going to use microsoft word and capitalize peoperly on here? are you kidding me?

04-11-2008, 05:13 AM
you apparently have to use the asterisk. otherwise it gets removed, changed or deleted from the post. i know this by reading the deleted post threads. i didnt make the comment about how many years it takes to get weekends off. but again assume what you want.

Dude, you were busted. Plain and simple. The posts are written the exact same way. There's no denying it. By NOT admitting it, you're making yourself look like more of liar. For your sake, I hope that Mod1 doesn't come on here and point out the same IP Addresses... Anyone can go to the other threads here and pick out which ones are written by you.

So, if I were you, I'd just quit while I was ahead and stop lying. You're just making yourself look worse.

i never said i was unhappy here. not once. as i said in my one previous post, i made quite a bit more walking in the door. i dont complain about crap other than the 12's.

OH MY GOD! YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING! GET REAL, DUDE! We work with you, WE HEAR YOU. You do realize that we DO know you, right? We DO work with you. We DO hear you on the radio. We DO show up to calls with you. We DO hear you in roll call. Etc., etc., etc. PLEASE don't say you don't complain about anything here. Off the top of my head, I can name at LEAST five different things I've heard you complain about in the past few months.

and as far as keep bringing up the rotating shifts, that was right before the original schedule came out. what 6 months ago?

And ever since. And in multiple posts on here, ever since too.

we dont do sh*t here and we get paid quite well. the 12's were getting unsafe, hopefully this new schedule will fix it.

No, YOU don't do shit here. There are many of us who do.

again i see you posted as a "guest" go figure. and apparently you are a rocket scientist and self proclaimed writing style expert. yeah and i am going to use microsoft word and capitalize peoperly on here? are you kidding me?

Yes, I am posting as guest. I don't want to deal with the BS, either. But I won't come on here now and post a follow up message using my id number and pretend that I've never posted as a guest. I may be anonymous, but I'm not a liar.

Oh, and apparently you don't understand that your keyboard has a SHIFT key. See, that key works in all programs and not just Microsoft Word.

However, I was not critizing you for not capitalizing anything. I was just pointing out that it is OBVIOUS which posts are written by you, based solely on the fact that they all contain no capitalization. Then, once you read the ones with no capitalization, they ALL read the same exact way. Weird, eh? I guess it's just coincidence.......... LOL!

Do yourself a favor, dude. Stop posting. Just let it go and quit making yourself look even worse. You got busted, now move on. Hopefully this will make you stop posting these stupid posts on here and everyone will see that the "vocal" (you know, the same small percentage of people who voted no on the contract) are the same ones that are posting this crap on here and making it seem like more people are unhappy........ Give it up, go buy yourself a pair of closed toed shoes, and move on.

04-11-2008, 12:36 PM
clap, clap, clap (standing ovation)

04-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Do not tell 818 to stop posting. This thread is getting very entertaining. If it loses him we'll just be sitting around talking about Chance Ransom. How is that crazy Son of a B**** doing anyway? He's the real hero here. What were we talking about?

04-12-2008, 01:07 PM
We were discussing the 10s vs 12s and how some on this forum are for the 12s and most seem to be againszt them. We have them for now so live with them but to tell a fop member to quit is just childish and immatue. Also, what is so bad about working at a bank? They dont work 9-5 either anymore so there goes that option...Maybe we can all just put in for vin

05-14-2008, 04:01 AM
I was told by the recruiter that you guys are on a 3 days on 4 days off 4days on 3days off 12hr shift schedule, Is this correct?