PDA

View Full Version : BS LAWSUIT

03-22-2008, 12:30 PM
What a BS suit by our two who did not get promoted. We your co-workers and your friends and the supervisors who made recommendations to the Chief tell you that Negron was the best guy for the job.

So on this one the Chief did select the most qualified and that was Sgt. Negron.

03-22-2008, 02:53 PM
OK Negron.

03-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Those two get whatever they want over other well deserved people, maybe the people that got passed over for SRO and K-9 should sue them...Yes Mike has it so rough in a specialty unit with a brand new magnum and Dan has SRO because he whinned that poor Dan never gets anything...as far as the SWAT comment his fat arse couldnt pass the physical...You are just wasting your money on this one, maybe when this is over and they put an IA on you, you can sue for being fired without cause :lol:

JOHN NEGRON WAS THE BEST CHOICE!!!GET OVER IT!!!!

03-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Let's also not forget that EVERYTIME something dangerous was going down Klem was always nowhere to be found. Hmmm

03-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Sounds like another Meredith from years ago. He was found hiding on the floor of his patrol car during a fight at Rogers calling for help.

03-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Merideth never did that...FOLKLORE!!

03-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Sounds like another Meredith from years ago. He was found hiding on the floor of his patrol car during a fight at Rogers calling for help.

Good ol Scared to death Meredith. Oh how that seems just like yesterday! :lol:

03-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Merideth never did that...FOLKLORE!!

No Myth I was there and it was Pathetic!

03-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Not knowing all the facts, if it is toatal BS, why did EEOC find in thier favor? And why did the City no cooperate?

03-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Bradenton officers sue over promotion

By Michael A. Scarcella
BRADENTON — Two police officers who say they have been passed up for promotions are suing the city in federal court in a complaint that alleges discrimination and retaliation.

The officers, Michael C. Klemkosky and Danny R. Bench, said in the lawsuit that officials threatened that neither of them would be promoted until they dropped an employment complaint against the city.

Klemkosky and Bench say administrators passed them over to promote John Negron, who is fluent in Spanish, to the rank of sergeant. The lawsuit, filed this week in U.S. District Court in Tampa, seeks damages against the city and seeks immediate promotions for Bench and Klemkosky to the rank of sergeant.

Unnamed city officials "engaged in unlawful discriminatory conduct with malice or with reckless indifference" to civil rights, according to the complaint.

Bradenton Police Chief Michael Radzilowski said neither Klemkosky nor Bench has ever told him about retaliation in the department. He said both officers have been treated fairly. In an interview, the chief called Klemkosky and Bench "good police officers who would make good supervisors."

The chief rejected the notion that Negron, who ranked lower than Klemkosky and Bench on a promotion list, was chosen because he is a minority and bilingual. Klemkosky was fourth on the list that expired last summer; Bench was ranked fifth. Negron was right behind Bench.

Radzilowski said the person at the top of the list is not automatically the next officer to be promoted, even though it is common practice to select the top person. Klemkosky and Bench were at one point the top two officers on the promotion lineup.

"I have to pick the very best person from the list," Radzilowski said Friday. "Negron was senior to them and had a better performance record. Yes, he speaks Spanish. That's just an extra qualification. He was the better choice."

Radzilowski said promotion decisions are made in consultation with supervisors in the department who write recommendations to the chief. Officers seeking promotion must also take an exam.

Klemkosky, 38, and Bench, 41, consistently received solid remarks on performance evaluations. In 2006, for example, a supervisor called Klemkosky a "team player" who is a "model example" of professionalism.

Klemkosky, who rejoined the Bradenton police in 2003, handles a police dog for the department in a speciality unit. Bench, a Bradenton officer for nine years, is a school resource officer.

Both officers served in the now-defunct Safe Streets Unit, whose officers targeted street-level drug dealers and other vice crimes.

"I have found myself in a difficult position dealing with a very distracting event," Bench said in a memo last month expressing the reasons why he was leaving the police SWAT team. "I am anxiously and actively trying to put this situation to rest and get back on track."

Bench said he has the "highest hope for a positive resolution" and said he would re-apply to the SWAT team in the "near future."

The federal lawsuit is the second time in recent years the Bradenton Police Department will be forced to defend employment decisions in front of a judge.

In 2006, the city lost a lawsuit that said administrators retaliated against an officer, Tim Harvey, for his support of mayoral candidate Bill Evers, who was critical of the way the department was being run.

The department eventually promoted Harvey, but the lawsuit continued.

The city was ordered to pay Harvey $7,000 and to pay his legal bills.

Radzilowski said the city did not respond to complaints that Bench and Klemkosky filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or EEOC.

The chief said the officers did not follow procedure, skipping a step in the process to file a complaint.

The EEOC found the city discriminated against Klemkosky and Bench on the basis of their national origins, court records show.

City officials were asked to join the EEOC "to eliminate the alleged unlawful practices." But that never happened.

03-23-2008, 01:04 AM
No myth about scared to death. I was there and found him hiding on the floor of his car also. If he could have fit up inside the dash, he would have. There were many officers there that night. That is also the night RP got accused of making derogatory comments to the residents, bought time for it and then Derick C. admitted to it when he left BPD. Did RP get an apology....No. Typical.

03-23-2008, 10:51 AM
No myth about scared to death. I was there and found him hiding on the floor of his car also. If he could have fit up inside the dash, he would have. There were many officers there that night. That is also the night RP got accused of making derogatory comments to the residents, bought time for it and then Derick C. admitted to it when he left BPD. Did RP get an apology....No. Typical.

RP Turned in to the typical A.zz Hole that comes with rank. Its so nice with Fat Boy retired.

03-23-2008, 11:42 PM
How people can get to the point where they think they are untouchable... They feel like that there job is a right and not a privilage... I can only hope that I never get to that point... How sad.....

03-24-2008, 01:13 AM
It all sounds good until the Chief is quoted as saying that he chooses the very best from the list, this after promoting the first two off of that list, in order. He kinda contradicts himself with that statement. Which way is it?

03-24-2008, 02:16 AM
It all sounds good until the Chief is quoted as saying that he chooses the very best from the list, this after promoting the first two off of that list, in order. He kinda contradicts himself with that statement. Which way is it? OK Danny boy. Mamma is calling you for your feeding.

03-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Who was number one? I think number two was C. Mc....

03-25-2008, 01:57 AM
That would be funny, except my mother is deceased :shock:

03-25-2008, 05:33 PM
If 5 and 9 year officers can sue over not being promoted, must not be that much to choose from there. Is that a senior officer there?