PDA

View Full Version : Last Nights Meeting ... Brothers In Trouble Car Wash

Vic Makey
03-21-2008, 12:14 PM
For those officers who attended last nights meeting ... thanks ... although it was a small turn out it was refreshing to share some ideas and have some unity. Good ideas were made and shared and I hope we can expand on those. An excellent idea was proposed to have a car wash to donate some money to those less fortunate officers that are going through some hard times. I will keep you advised to that and I hope that more people will turn out to support those who need the help. I will also be sending some information out about a BBQ at one of the parks for officers and families.

My fellow officers I do hope that last night will be a start for some change around here. We all work so hard and have to work extra details and OT just to support our families and have a somewhat decent lifestyle. Please remember that with all the time wearing the badge on a daily basis this should be a band of brothers and we should have each others backs.

You younger guys learn from the officers that have some experience around here and don't be afraid to ask questions. The only stupid question is the one not asked. Every shift has some knowledgeable officers (that I witnessed last night at the meeting) and you younger guys should make that a good learning resource. Let’s not lose anymore really good and decent younger officers!

Lastly, don't rush to make judgments on other officers until you get to know them and what they are about. Just because someone says a comment about someone it does not make it the truth. If you want to know something ask the person. Some of you might be surprised that the ones be criticized the most are some really decent and good people!

Okay enough of all this writing ... guys and gals please be safe on the mean streets of Lauderhill.

04-01-2008, 09:47 PM
When are we doing this car wash to benifit our Officers.

I hope this idea has not lost its momentium.

Lets pick a date and get the ball rolling.

04-02-2008, 08:24 PM

Ummm, I'm not the brightest bulb around here, but if we cant get 5 guys to show up to a union meeting, what makes you think you'll get them to come out on their day off to wash cars in the blazing heat to benefit probationary cops who have been fired????

Just curious.......

04-03-2008, 05:18 AM

Ummm, I'm not the brightest bulb around here, but if we cant get 5 guys to show up to a union meeting, what makes you think you'll get them to come out on their day off to wash cars in the blazing heat to benefit probationary cops who have been fired????

Just curious.......

Because its the right thing to do. Its called UNITY. Right, Wrong, or Indifferent. Its only us for us out there.

04-03-2008, 05:18 AM

Just curious.......

04-03-2008, 05:20 AM

Just curious.......

Because its the right thing to do. Its called UNITY. Right, Wrong, or Indifferent we stick together. Remember, its only us for us out there.

04-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I say we have a charity cricket game at the new park.. this should attract millions of people.

Lmao

04-04-2008, 01:01 PM
It is still going to happen, just chill and be ready to wash some cars. Remember, if we all unite to help 1 officer, the city will think twice about giving us a hard time. We need this now more than ever because they are picking us off 1 at a time and you never know if you are next. That should be your motivation to help.