PDA

View Full Version : Another great plan by the Administration.

03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Two weeks before the IDB Convention, they tell us that we are not going A/B. WHY? They new months ago that this was not going to be a big deal. No heads of state. No intel indicating and potential problems. NADA!

Once again we cancel training requests, spring break vacations and other plans for them. Then they wonder why so many people continuously bang off...................

03-21-2008, 01:04 AM
THIS AINT HIALEAH. VIVA LA REVOLUCION ....ARRIBA.

04-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Now they want to prevent us from working a 59 before we come to work.

Good thing the FOP is on top of it!

04-08-2008, 05:30 AM
What?! Who brought this up? Will it be addressed at the FOP meeting this week?

04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I lot of us mid guys work 59's before our tour of duty. What brought this on?

04-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I lot of us mid guys work 59's before our tour of duty. What brought this on?

This has to be a bad rumor.

04-11-2008, 01:52 AM
When is the Beach going to start hiring again? I can't wait to leave my sorry a@# department and go do some real police work.

04-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Is it true that Memorial Day A/B will start Friday instead of Thursday? I guess in an effort to save money we will have to play catch-up all weekend. BRILIANT!

04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
DIDN'T THEY TRY THIS ONCE BEFORE AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED MIDS GOT SCREWED DEALING WITH IT AND THE REST US GOT OUR RSSES HANDED TO US PLAYING CATCH-UP?

CN CONTINUES TO LET US DOWN----NEW POST?

04-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Ok, so let me get this straight. Last year all I heard was, why do we have to go A/B on thursday when all it is is a dry run of the weekend. This year they say. No,no, we will start Friday night but have enhanced staffing on thursday and its also a problem? Come on guys, don't be so freaking negative about everything. How will it be catch up? The masses don't get here till friday anyway!!!!!!!!!!

04-16-2008, 03:37 AM
WHO CARES...THE POINT IS THAT THEY ARE COMING ANYWAY. AS LONG AS THIS CITY KEEPS ON CATERING TO THEM AND LETS THEM DO WHATEVER THEY WANT, THEY WILL CONTINUE TO COME...7 YEARS AND COUNTING. NOTICE THEIR BEHAVIOR WASN'T TOLERATED IN OTHER PLACES WHICH IS WHY THEY CONTINUE TO COME TO SOBE.
SOME OF US MAY NEVER SEE ANOTHER MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND OFF TO ENJOY WITH OUR FAMILIES FOR A LONG TIME SO WHO CARES WHEN ALPHA/BRAVO STARTS?!!! :x

04-16-2008, 11:20 AM
The City is trying to figure out how to keep the 39's down. This is a good way of doing it.

04-16-2008, 12:21 PM
That sucks. It was nice making a little OT on an easy day. :lol: Now I will only mke 9 HOURS?????????

04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
El Che,

You sound very uneducated by stating that "they are coming anyway". How is the city catering to them, when people have the given right to vacation wherever they want. I don't see too many people complaining about almost 2 months of spring break or any other events with overtime. or events involving A/B.
Are you saying that, of the 200,000-500,000 people who come to the beach, are all bad people. Or some of us just don't know how to deal with certain ethnic group(s) or race.
Basically, what you are saying is that, the city can just say; you urban week hip hoppers, stop coming to the city and the problem will be solve. Get a grip, they are spending money just like anyone else who vacationed in the city. How can you expect perfection out of so many people? And think about it, less than 1% of that population will probably get arrested and most of them are usually locals

04-17-2008, 04:41 AM
El Che,

You sound very uneducated by stating that "they are coming anyway". How is the city catering to them, when people have the given right to vacation wherever they want. I don't see too many people complaining about almost 2 months of spring break or any other events with overtime. or events involving A/B.
Are you saying that, of the 200,000-500,000 people who come to the beach, are all bad people. Or some of us just don't know how to deal with certain ethnic group(s) or race.
Basically, what you are saying is that, the city can just say; you urban week hip hoppers, stop coming to the city and the problem will be solve. Get a grip, they are spending money just like anyone else who vacationed in the city. How can you expect perfection out of so many people? And think about it, less than 1% of that population will probably get arrested and most of them are usually locals

GUEST 200,
MAYBE YOU'RE READING TOO MUCH INTO WHAT I'M SAYING? WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET ACROSS IS THE FACT THAT MEMORIAL DAY AND ALL ITS INCONVENIENCE IS COMING ANYWAY. IN NO WAY AM I TRYING TO THROW OUT A RACIAL COMMENT WHICH IS WHAT YOUR "ASSUMING" THAT I'M DOING. WHETHER IT'S OUT OF TOWNERS OR THE LOCALS TAKING ADVANTAGE, THE CROWD THAT HAS BEEN COMING TO MIAMI BEACH FOR THE LAST 6 OR 7 YEARS ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND HAS BEEN 75% GARBAGE (IF NOT MORE) AND THAT'S MY OPINION WHICH I'M ENTITLED TO GIVE. THER'S A REASON WHY WE HAVE SUCH LARGE POLICE PRESENCE SOUTH OF 17 STREET (JUST THINK ABOUT IT).
I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY YOU THINK ANYONE THAT COMES INTO TOWN IS SPENDING...ON THE CONTRARY YOU HAVE SEVERAL BUSINESSES THAT WOULD RATHER CLOSE FOR THE WEEKEND THAN GET CONSTANTLY 27ED FROM OPEN TO CLOSE. HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY THE CITY SPENDS ON OVERTIME AND NOT JUST POLICE AND FIRE? DO A LITTLE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU COME ON HERE POINTING FINGERS AND ACTING LIKE YOU'RE BETTER THAN EVERYONE AND MORE EDUCATED. I COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT NEGATIVE FACTS ABOUT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND, BUT SINCE YOU'RE SOOOOO EDUCATED, I THINK YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND.
BY THE WAY, I DON'T THINK THE CROWD THAT COMES DURING SPRING BREAK IS ANY BETTER. AND AT LEAST SPRING BREAK OT IS OPTIONAL. JUST WANTED TO CLEAR THAT UP. :roll:

04-17-2008, 05:33 AM
El Che,

The city by all means isn't catering to "them". There is nothing the CIty, You, or I can do but deal with the Memorial Weekend crowd every year here. Not too many complaining about two months of Spring Breakers! sure the crowds of kids come in, but you have to be blind or dumb not to see the quality of people during Memorial Weekend. And when I say "people" I mean the majority of Urban visitors, and yes I mean Blacks, Hispanics, and Whites, but of the Urban "i'm a bad ass" culture. I'm not a racist by any means but I am not a fool to see the difference in the type of crowd that comes in during Memorial, Spring Break, New Years, etc etc etc. And NO "they" in the majority are not spending $ like the rest of people vacationing here, ignoramous! Bill skippers, No/low tippers, and discourtesy, may work in the "Urban" setting but not on Miami Beach. What to act like you are from the "hood" then keep your as in the HOOD!