PDA

View Full Version : PBA Elections

03-20-2008, 12:25 AM
As you may have noticed through the mail, PBA elections are coming up soon. All executive board positions are open including President, Senior Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, VP for Detention, VP for Deputies, VP for eastern region, and VP for western region.

There are numerous board of director positions that will be open including 5 for detention, 15 for deputies, 3 for direct support, 2 for the road prison, and 1 for Santa Rosa.

For those who are interested and want to get involved, now is the time.

03-20-2008, 02:19 AM
After seeing many of the board and executive board members out building and hanging signs for the Sheriff, I think they need to be replaced. So much for staying unbiased until the PBA decides which candidate to support!!!

03-20-2008, 05:05 AM
All signs do is remind you about a person. They won't make anyone vote for a person. The signs in question may not bring to light good thoughts.

03-20-2008, 05:06 AM
I couldn't agree more. What the heck is the VP of deputies doing out hanging signs for "the man"??????? If that is not being biased I don't know what is. And to sell out your honor and integrity by helping McNesby in the hopes of getting promoted? LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!

03-20-2008, 05:08 AM
After seeing many of the board and executive board members out building and hanging signs for the Sheriff, I think they need to be replaced. So much for staying unbiased until the PBA decides which candidate to support!!!What is your definition of "many?" We only know of two, and the issue was addressed, get your facts straight before you run your pie hole! If you don't like the way things are done by the PBA then get involved and help us fight the battle or STFU! Typical response from you as well as others, "*****..*****..*****" but won't get involved!

03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Here's your chance to vote to replace the board members with ones who will do what you want them to.
Let's throw out the mcnuggets and replace them with Scapecchi supporters.

03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
After seeing many of the board and executive board members out building and hanging signs for the Sheriff, I think they need to be replaced. So much for staying unbiased until the PBA decides which candidate to support!!!What is your definition of "many?" We only know of two, and the issue was addressed, get your facts straight before you run your pie hole! If you don't like the way things are done by the PBA then get involved and help us fight the battle or STFU! Typical response from you as well as others, "*****..*****..*****" but won't get involved!

How was the issued addressed?

03-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Good point.........How was it addressed so others can understand the response....might help clear the air.........

03-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Who are the mcnuggets on the board?

03-21-2008, 02:25 AM
Board Member,

Who? How? What? Where?

We are waiting...

03-22-2008, 03:04 AM
With the VP building the signs, a board member putting them up, and another board member donating money, how could any other candidate get a fair chance at support from the PBA?

03-22-2008, 07:24 AM
They can't. Anybody But McNesby. Show your support for Lucas, Scapecchi and Morgan. Or you'll end up with more of what you've got.

03-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Are the Board Members allowed any individuality as far as who they choose to support. I would think so. As long as they represent the
'Union" properly they should be able to "personally" support who they want on thier own time. Just one man's opinion.

I'd also like to thank the PBA board members for what they do. I don't think any of them stepped up so that they could be promoted. Seems to me like it's a thankless job that brings alot of stress and grief. Some of us out here sincerely appreciate what the PBA does for us.

And no, I'm not a board member, I'm not a strong Mcnesby supporter, just a regular guy down here in the trenches who know's that Bain, Eric or the rest of the board whould have my back if the stuff hit the fan.

03-22-2008, 02:22 PM
My question is if you are a board member and you have seen Mcnesby beat down the PBA over and over again, refuse to abide by the contract, fire deputies unjustly, keep our money and not give us our raises, tried over and over to get rid of the PBA and many, many, many more instances where he has undermined our contract and disrespected our chapter.Why would you support him?
You are a rat, a lap dog and a coward, and all you want is to get promoted or get a cushy job, do the honorable thing and resign your position as a board member and tell your master that he needs to find another spy.

03-22-2008, 03:08 PM
The cold hard facts could not have been stated any better.

03-22-2008, 07:06 PM
You need to stop being so nice to the board. You are going to give rat's lapdogs and cowards a better image than they deserve.

03-22-2008, 07:07 PM
You need to stop being so nice to the board. You are going to give rats lapdogs and cowards a better image than they deserve.

03-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Being a PBA rep is probably a pretty thankless job in itself, but the above post accurately describing the conflict between the current administration and the PBA points out that whoever does the job can't win. I don't think the majority of those who serve do so to advance their careers. I agree the individual member is entitled to assist and support whomever they please though. It's their right as it is everyone elses. If someone thinks members have sold out, then PROVE it. The real issue is which candidate is going to fairly negotiate with regard to the welfare of both the SO and the work force.

03-22-2008, 07:47 PM
They may have the "right" to support the candidate of their choice but it gives the "appearance" of bias. Lapdog sounds about right in that circumstance.

03-22-2008, 08:16 PM
They may have the "right" to support the candidate of their choice but it gives the "appearance" of bias. Lapdog sounds about right in that circumstance.

It's almost like David Craig using RNN to run anti McNesby stuff.

03-22-2008, 11:55 PM
The real issue is which candidate is going to fairly negotiate with regard to the welfare of both the SO and the work force.

This is very well stated.

If a Sheriff was concerned with the mission of the agency, then they would naturally care about the welfare of the workforce.

I can't say if the current Sheriff cares about he mission of the agency (office of the sheriff) but I can say that the current Sheriff is doing a terrible job at running the agency and does not give a rats _ _ _ about the welfare of the work force -- wiht the exception of his lapdogs and overpaid admin staff.

03-23-2008, 12:48 AM

Hate to be the one to tell you but RNN ain't the only one that doesn't worship your master the Sheriff. I notice how your reply ignores the FACT that when a union executive officer backs a sheriff it doesn't appear to be impartial. Appearance of impropriety is the fuel that your sheriff and your union executive burn every day.

03-23-2008, 04:16 PM
The issue with board members supporting other candidates as individuals is fine, the issue is when several board members support McNesby when they are around McNesby and then support Scapecchi when they are not around McNesby. That makes you look like you are trying to play both sides of the fence for personal gain.
You are perceived as untrustworthy and dishonest, and that’s exactly the type of sheriff we are trying to get rid off.

03-23-2008, 04:23 PM

Hate to be the one to tell you but RNN ain't the only one that doesn't worship your master the Sheriff. I notice how your reply ignores the FACT that when a union executive officer backs a sheriff it doesn't appear to be impartial. Appearance of impropriety is the fuel that your sheriff and your union executive burn every day.

First, I am not a Morgan Supporter. I am a Scapecchi Supporter like most of the SO deputies are. I agree with other posts that say if Morgan wins than the SO will fall in strong behind Scapecchi instead of cowering in silence for fear of retribution.

However, I will give it to RNN for at least reporting the "truth" about McNesby amidst all the other trash.

Too bad no real news agency will report the truth to the citizens. That is why we have the type of Sheriff we have now. Because nobody gets told about his record as a cop. Many have been fired (some jailed) for less than what McNesby has done.

So I will give that to the RNN. However, Craig is 2-5.

03-23-2008, 05:44 PM
The solution to all of your complaints about the PBA board is simple, submit your names to run and do your best to fix what you don't like.

You won't do that because you would rather ***** about everyone else from the comfort of your easy chair and not in the semi-public arena of a PBA board meeting.
You are the same caulk suckers who complained about board members four years ago and demanded change to the current board. You elected them because they had all the answers and were going to make everything wonderful, remember? Now you're unhappy with them for doing what you told them you wanted.

Bain has managed to do be a good president in spite of a selfish membership and very few competent board members. Imagine what could be done if you actually supported him.

03-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I agree with the last post about Bain. He deserves more respect .

03-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Nobody is talking about Bain here except you.

03-24-2008, 01:22 PM
How can it be viewed as 'fair' when someone posts let's replace _________ with _________supporters...Makes no sense whatsoever...Instead of treating the PBA as a political stepping stone perhaps members should be doing what is right for the people they are supposed to represent?...

03-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Perhaps members should stop complaining and thinking only of themselves and get involved. Here's your chance. There are many open positions available.

03-26-2008, 02:07 AM
who would be some good candiates for all these open positions?

03-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Law&Order

03-27-2008, 07:52 PM
ANY individual that doesn't need to be reiminded as to what their responsibilities should always be...when self places itself over the rank and file there will be problems no matter which candidate they support...

03-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Law&Order sounds like you are a good candidate!

04-01-2008, 01:11 AM
Get your ballots in by tomorrow at 2pm! Elections will follow in April-May.

04-01-2008, 02:33 AM
I know i will be putting in for it,The PBA we have now is worthless except 1 or 2.