PDA

View Full Version : BEI to Park Police

03-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't know if it is public knowledge or not but did you know that if someone from BEI comes into Park Police that they do not need to go into FTO program? However, if Park Police goes into BEI they mandate them to go into FTO.

Better yet, what about a person with absolutely no experience with Park Police being promoted to a supervisor position? Who's going to train him? Oh, guess that is not a prerequisite.

Were is the fairness in this? You decide!

09-19-2008, 05:43 PM
whats BEI

09-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Wow, what a brilliant post! A new agent should be a seasoned police officer that needs to be trained conducting investigations. So if the agent wants to go back to being an officer why should they go through FTO? Police work is police work. Maybe you need some remedial training in common sense.

09-20-2008, 12:24 AM
To follow up on that....BEI for the most part does handle some unique type of investigations...and thus it would not matter if you came from FPP, FDLE, FWCC etc...if you are new to BEI you need to go through their "FTA" program...how fair would it be to promote some young guy into BEI and not properly train them...sounds like you would be setting them up for failure...As far as someone going from BEI to FPP....you do have to be experienced to be a BEI Agent and theoretically you should have the basics down...also I do not know it is factual to say all BEI Agents that have transfered to FPP were not put through some sort of training...if they were not... aren't you again setting them up to fail?...I don't know but alot of that FPP vs. BEI mentality came from the old administration and I think it needs to go where they went...out the door!!! ...you ever think that the more mixing of BEI and FPP personnel that occurs might just make this a better well rounded agency instead of a hodge podge of personalities with their own self serving agendas.

09-20-2008, 02:11 AM
The timing of this post appears to be a bit "suspicious" in light of the Captain's opening in the SE District.
You boys afraid of a little competition?

09-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Well put Inspector. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. May the best person win (not Cinco)!

09-24-2008, 03:09 AM
The timing of this post appears to be a bit "suspicious" in light of the Captain's opening in the SE District.
You boys afraid of a little competition?

No fear here!! No competition and us "boys" need not worry, it's handled. The name of our new captain was decided long ago. Train her well!!