PDA

View Full Version : Miramar Contract

03-17-2008, 03:14 PM
You guys did a bang up job on the contract. Thanks.....20 and OUT!!! :D Keep up the good work.

03-17-2008, 07:46 PM
anything in contract for us already retired people

03-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Yes there is....you get to stat retired. Congats. :P

03-18-2008, 01:35 AM
New guys 25 ---75% don't complain 10 years from now!

03-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Who would look a contract with 0-0-3 and 75 percent after twenty five years, and say HEY WHAT A GREAT DEAL!!!

F-THAT, one of the new guys should walk up to that guy and punch him in the face. Twice!

03-31-2008, 10:42 PM
This has to be the worst contract ever agreed to in the history of MPD. I guess since most everyone voted for it they must know that BSO will take over within three years and the new people will not have to worry about that reduced pension.

Miramar PD has been slowly falling apart and will fail for sure now. When a police chief remains silent and lets the city take over 20 of his officers away and say nothing publicly, that’s a sign of a very weak leader. He either does not care or is just in it for that paycheck for green fees every Friday. Probably both.

We have the worst crime in South Florida and we gave up 20 plus cops with no fight. Where is the PBA when our leader looks the other way when we need help?

Time to get in the RED Mel! Grow some balls.

04-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Who would look a contract with 0-0-3 and 75 percent after twenty five years, and say HEY WHAT A GREAT DEAL!!!

F-THAT, one of the new guys should walk up to that guy and punch him in the face. Twice!

You forgot the 7% in the 2nd year (0-7-3), and as for the 75 at 25 the people who get that havent even applied yet! This contract is the best we could get when the Shity is about to take an $11 million hit from the state next year.

04-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Ever think the city may be bluffing and hiding money in all those building they are putting up. If the PBA did not have all the city finances audited which they have never got ****man to do then shame on you. The city is not going to take an 11 mil hit if they are still promoting half of the city manager staff to 100k plus salaries.

The city won this one big time and it will be talked about for years!

04-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Ever think the city may be bluffing and hiding money in all those building they are putting up. If the PBA did not have all the city finances audited which they have never got ****man to do then shame on you. The city is not going to take an 11 mil hit if they are still promoting half of the city manager staff to 100k plus salaries.

The city won this one big time and it will be talked about for years!
Why must people always believe there is a conspiracy? This is for real and nothing we or Richard B does can keep the STATE OF FLORIDA from taking money from individual municipalities. Even if the shity did hide money how is it any of our concern?

04-04-2008, 04:50 PM
To the dope that said BSO is going to take over, well they have been saying that for years. For the person complaining about the 25 and 75%, well that's better than what I started out at. In fact why don't you out of the goodness of your heart split your benefits with the new guys.

04-08-2008, 07:29 PM
This has to be the worst contract ever agreed to in the history of MPD. I guess since most everyone voted for it they must know that BSO will take over within three years and the new people will not have to worry about that reduced pension.

Miramar PD has been slowly falling apart and will fail for sure now. When a police chief remains silent and lets the city take over 20 of his officers away and say nothing publicly, that’s a sign of a very weak leader. He either does not care or is just in it for that paycheck for green fees every Friday. Probably both.

We have the worst crime in South Florida and we gave up 20 plus cops with no fight. Where is the PBA when our leader looks the other way when we need help?
You think Mel is so bad, I guess you were not here for Gwendolyn V. Boyd. Her era was truely the darkest times for Miramar PD.

04-09-2008, 01:31 AM

well if we were the only department in the State of Florida to lose 20 positions then yeah i could see your point! BUT THE FACT IS THAT EVERY DEPARTMENT IS LOSING POSITIONS SOME MORE THAN OTHERS... i dont think the chief needs to say anything its cut and dry and out for all to see...

04-09-2008, 01:35 AM
oh and if you want to go BSO then go.... I have never heard of anyone leaving this department to goto BSO.... if anything it was BSO Deputies leaving there to come to Miramar.... not only do we have alot of former dep's but alot of former BSO corrections hmmmm wonder why they didnt stay with BSO ask em and find out