PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! another good law enforcement officer is leaving???

03-16-2008, 09:48 PM
when is it gonna stop?

03-17-2008, 01:56 AM
PF... What can I say about this man. This man is a true leader and a oustanding person who truly cares about his troops. Real top notch supervisor.

It won't be the same here without you bro. You will be missed. Good luck Paul, you and your family deserve all the best things in life. Stay safe, stay strong, and keep shooting straight (try to aim a little higher than the hip next time, haha). Don't forget us here on "A" Squad.

03-17-2008, 02:06 AM
First it was SN & UB (SROs) then it was TG, JN, SA and now its BM and PF, next it will be ???and ???. When will it stop???????????

03-17-2008, 02:26 AM
First it was SN & UB (SROs) then it was TG, JN, SA and now its BM and PF, next it will be ???and ???. When will it stop???????????

your still missing another one in the first group. He was a great deputy and I was his supervisor. It should read JC,SN,UB,AS but returned back, TG, JN, SA, JG, but returned back, BM, AND NOW PF. They all made great decisions to better themselves and family.

pferrell23
03-19-2008, 12:35 PM
let me start off by saying thank you for the kind words spoken about me on this message board. second, Sheriff im sorry if i have made you mad by writing this while im on duty. i was told this morning that i was being written about on the message board. i guess curiosity killed the cat. what you are about to read is from the heart of Paul Ferrell.

let me just say that im not leaving because im pissed off, or disgruntled in any way. the decision for me to appy to PSL has been two years in the making. Since i darkened the door of this department as a very young man in May 1992 i have been truly blessed. i have been shown favor during my time with my department. i have had the oppurtunity to walk side by side, and learn from some of the fines law enforcement officers this department has employed. because of that i am who i am today. you dont spend living your whole life in a small town and work for our department and not get emotional when thinking of the memories and the folks past and present that have dawned the hallways of the sheriffs office. all of them i will never forget. some i will keep close to my thoughts and heart at all times. i will never forget where i have came from. this department, and county will always be home for me and my family.

as far as leaving im not gone yet LOL., but like i said this decision about leaving i shared with my wife a couple of years ago. im in a position now that the move will greatly benefit my family and i. i will be able to provide a life style for my daughter that she desires. if i want to put her in private or christian school i will be able to do so. the atmosphere of the change will benefit everyone involved.

i want to thank everyone for believing in me and while watching me succeed you never allowed me to fail. to my wife thank you so much for having hte poise to trust my judgement standing by me throughout my career. you have always been my compass. to beans, nash. i love you and will never forget where we started and how far we have come. to oddie and my daughter you were a fresh of breath air when i needed it the most. to my friend ellis. you are the right man for the right job. someone will need to carry the torch once im gone. i believe in my heart your the man.

sheriff i want you to know that i believe you have a heart for every man and woman that works for our department. i will never forget the friday i came back to work after my shooting i recieved a beep on my phone from a 2 way number i have never seen. it was you just to call to let me know you were glad to hear me on the radio again. you will never know the emotions that ran through me that night. thank you for everything. conintue to course. keep your head, and dust your shoulders off. contrary to what has been said, or done i believe you are the man for the job. i greatly respect you for the burden you have to carry for us. i wouldnt want to know the turmoil you with considering the vision you have for this department. understand that whatever the circumstance they always change.

to spanky. for those that dont know spanky was my supervisor for a time while working under miller. there were times he stood up for me when no else would. when i thought i would end up with days off i always found you standing in the gap for me. for this i appreciate everything you have ever done for me.

capt slay, as my wife would say. your the bomb. you are the definition of being fair and balanced. thanks for everything you have done for me and my family.

whether i stay or go these are of the thoughts and intents of Cpl. Paul Ferrell

03-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Don't worry Pauly "the cat" got me too when I had someone tell me you wrote something down mentioning me in it. Just had to check it out as well. I was very honored you mentioned me.

Your abilities as a trusted friend, husband, father and one of the best damn men I ever served with will carry you no matter were you hang your hat.

Leaving the S.O., Hardest thing I have ever done. It is something that I also had to do to support my new family. It was time to stop thinking about me and start thinking as a father.

But depite any rumors.... I love my job here, I miss the heck out of the S.O. at times and the GREAT times, and friends I left behind. But I do love my job and I'm making new memories here ... As you will soon do as well.

The key is to never forget. I know I won't, with you character you wont either... I would bet my life on you getting promoted or moving into a specialty field within a two year time frame. Your a leader Paul, people trust you.

Anyways, I just wanted to say your article was worded like a true gentlemen. But for those of us that know you, grew up with you, or have worked with you it comes as no surprise because you ARE a gentleman Paul.

I love you bubby, and it was a true pleasure serving with you and a honor to call you "friend". Stay true to your beliefs, and for god sakes be safe remember this....

I would rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

click, click, boom ! :shock:

Jack Nash

P.S. I bet you will never use the ladies restroom again without thinking of me uh? :evil: (for those of you wondering about this one as around to one of the "old" shift...lol...)

Beans, do the words ..."I CAN'T BREATH !!" comeing from Paul strike a memory...lol. Man you guys all rock !

Nash - OUT ! :devil:

03-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Don't worry Pauly "the cat" got me too when I had someone tell me you wrote something down mentioning me in it. Just had to check it out as well. I was very honored you mentioned me.

Your abilities as a trusted friend, husband, father and one of the best darn men I ever served with will carry you no matter were you hang your hat.

Leaving the S.O., Hardest thing I have ever done. It is something that I also had to do to support my new family. It was time to stop thinking about me and start thinking as a father.

But depite any rumors.... I love my job here, I miss the heck out of the S.O. at times and the GREAT times, and friends I left behind. But I do love my job and I'm making new memories here ... As you will soon do as well.

The key is to never forget. I know I won't, with you character you wont either... I would bet my life on you getting promoted or moving into a specialty field within a two year time frame. Your a leader Paul, people trust you.

Anyways, I just wanted to say your article was worded like a true gentlemen. But for those of us that know you, grew up with you, or have worked with you it comes as no surprise because you ARE a gentleman Paul.

I love you bubby, and it was a true pleasure serving with you and a honor to call you "friend". Stay true to your beliefs, and for god sakes be safe remember this....

I would rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

click, click, boom ! :shock:

Jack Nash

P.S. I bet you will never use the ladies restroom again without thinking of me uh? :evil: (for those of you wondering about this one as around to one of the "old" shift...lol...)

Beans, do the words ..."I CAN'T BREATH !!" comeing from Paul strike a memory...lol. Man you guys all rock !

Nash - OUT ! :devil:

We keep losing great officers, But I haven't heard any of the higher command staff trying to take away or offer any of their own salary cuts to help out the officers/co's that make the department what it is today. The real fact is they won't. They are spolied with the high amount they make already and only care about themselves. It is called GREED......Remember, I have to pay my bills also and try to support my family when the cost of living goes up higher than I can afford already especially with no raises in our future .... So to many of my co-workers, I don't blame you for staying.

03-30-2008, 05:37 AM
let me start off by saying thank you for the kind words spoken about me on this message board. second, Sheriff im sorry if i have made you mad by writing this while im on duty. i was told this morning that i was being written about on the message board. i guess curiosity killed the cat. what you are about to read is from the heart of Paul Ferrell.

let me just say that im not leaving because im pissed off, or disgruntled in any way. the decision for me to appy to PSL has been two years in the making. Since i darkened the door of this department as a very young man in May 1992 i have been truly blessed. i have been shown favor during my time with my department. i have had the oppurtunity to walk side by side, and learn from some of the fines law enforcement officers this department has employed. because of that i am who i am today. you dont spend living your whole life in a small town and work for our department and not get emotional when thinking of the memories and the folks past and present that have dawned the hallways of the sheriffs office. all of them i will never forget. some i will keep close to my thoughts and heart at all times. i will never forget where i have came from. this department, and county will always be home for me and my family.

as far as leaving im not gone yet LOL., but like i said this decision about leaving i shared with my wife a couple of years ago. im in a position now that the move will greatly benefit my family and i. i will be able to provide a life style for my daughter that she desires. if i want to put her in private or christian school i will be able to do so. the atmosphere of the change will benefit everyone involved.

i want to thank everyone for believing in me and while watching me succeed you never allowed me to fail. to my wife thank you so much for having hte poise to trust my judgement standing by me throughout my career. you have always been my compass. to beans, nash. i love you and will never forget where we started and how far we have come. to oddie and my daughter you were a fresh of breath air when i needed it the most. to my friend ellis. you are the right man for the right job. someone will need to carry the torch once im gone. i believe in my heart your the man.

sheriff i want you to know that i believe you have a heart for every man and woman that works for our department. i will never forget the friday i came back to work after my shooting i recieved a beep on my phone from a 2 way number i have never seen. it was you just to call to let me know you were glad to hear me on the radio again. you will never know the emotions that ran through me that night. thank you for everything. conintue to course. keep your head, and dust your shoulders off. contrary to what has been said, or done i believe you are the man for the job. i greatly respect you for the burden you have to carry for us. i wouldnt want to know the turmoil you with considering the vision you have for this department. understand that whatever the circumstance they always change.

to spanky. for those that dont know spanky was my supervisor for a time while working under miller. there were times he stood up for me when no else would. when i thought i would end up with days off i always found you standing in the gap for me. for this i appreciate everything you have ever done for me.

capt slay, as my wife would say. your the bomb. you are the definition of being fair and balanced. thanks for everything you have done for me and my family.

whether i stay or go these are of the thoughts and intents of Cpl. Paul Ferrell

I would expect nothing short of the content of your statement, because you my friend are good person, great Officer, and as The Real Jack Nash stated you are a true gentleman. You stated that Spanky was there to be the buffer in the past, I to remember those days as we were on the same shift, when he was our Corporal. I know he has been kicked around this site in the past, but I believe it is the perception of the Deputies that all started their career when Spanky was already a captain, because if they worked with this man they would know that his heart is as pure as yours Paul. As you already know.

Just to let you know, I also wrestled for some time with leaving the Sheriff’s Office after so many years. And I do miss my friends that I spent more time with over the years than I spent with my own family. But Paul, Jack and I both left for the same reasons to be able to provide a better life for our families, as you wish to do now. At the time several people at the Office told me what a mistake I was making, but the truth is Life is great. As you will find out, you will miss the camaraderie you share with your friends. But you will make new contacts and new memories. I would not have been able to experience the things that I have since changing Departments had I stayed at the Sheriff’s Office. So do not let people tell you that you are making a mistake, because only you and your wife can make that decision. But for me it was a step in a positive direction.

Yes another home town boy is leaving the department after many years of employment, but it will continue until the County Commission and County Administrators perceive this as a problem. Right now they do not so the process will continue.

Peace stay in touch Brother, Saltman

04-18-2008, 09:51 PM
I heard PF is not leaving but others may. The votes are going out.

04-19-2008, 10:49 AM
I would just like to say all the deputies that have left or are leaving i worked with all of them you couldnt ask for better deputy and seeing them leave has broken my heart dearly they are truely missed but everyone has a right to do what right for their family and i pray every day that they will be safe for i no longer can make sure they go home safe to their family i miss you guys take care and best wishes to you all