PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Barnebey

03-15-2008, 01:37 PM
The Herald Tribune story about Mrs. Barnebey talking crap about the Chief is very interesting to me. She is complaining to anyone who will listen that the Chief does not brief her on internal investigations before they are done and released to the public by law.

I just happened to be in the City Council Chamber so time ago when the City Attorney explained to all the council members that the Chief COULD NOT tell them about on-going internal investigations due to the Policeman's Bill of Rights which forbids the Chief from doing that. All Council members seemed to understand.

And now we have Mrs. Barnebey barking at the Chief for following the law. I don't get it. Why is she doing this in public?

03-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I think she is referring to the punishment part. At that point the investigation is over, all that'ds left is whats going to happen and I think this is where she feels they should have been consulted as it effects the city as a whole.

03-15-2008, 05:46 PM
MRS. Barnebey has told the Chief many times before that she wants to be briefed on Internals before they are made public and I agree per our Bill of Rights he cannot do that.

03-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Per law it's not over until all the Due Process is done. The last step is the Disciplinary Hearing and its final with the results of that. The Hearing comes AFTER the person is notified of the recommended discipline.

At the hearing one can present new evidence, witnesses, or mitigating circumstances which could alter the recommended discipline and one could be found innocent. At least that is how it is supposed to go. This is where the Chief has been reducing the penaltys that some are complaining about.

I don't know where they are in the Lt A. case. In any case the good council woman should wait until the Chief can lawfully brief her on details of the internal.

She is not told things soon enough is her complaint.

03-15-2008, 09:30 PM
I believe the complaint from councilwoman B is that she felt the council should have been brief prior to it showing up in the paper.

03-16-2008, 12:40 AM
It showed up in the paper before the Disciplanary Hearing was held so the Chief could not speak to the newspaper about it or tell Barnebey the details. It seems to me the paper usually waits until the hearing is over but you know how they are when it comes to us.

03-16-2008, 09:07 AM
The chief needs to provide information at all times a city council person demands The police work for the citizens They are servants they wear uniforms.
Go and read the city code and Fl stats regarding sunshine law policy .
Any councilperson or mayor is superior in custody to a police officer even the****

03-16-2008, 12:10 PM
The Florida Police Officer's Bill of Rights is a law that says he cannot do that. It is an exception. He cannot give details to anyone until it is completely finished. Even the City Attorney confirms this.

03-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Did you hear.........

03-17-2008, 03:28 AM
The chief needs to provide information at all times a city council person demands The police work for the citizens They are servants they wear uniforms.
Any councilperson or mayor is superior in custody to a police officer even the polock
That is putting them in there place
That is clearly making the point, that these cops can think they have authority But they must do as the special interest master demands of those uniform slaves

03-17-2008, 02:33 PM
That is not the law. Can't tell them.

03-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Quote; "And now we have Mrs. Barnebey barking at the Chief for following the law. I don't get it. Why is she doing this in public?"

Because she wants the public to think she's tough and has the Go-Nads to be the next Mayor of Bradenton and is aligning herself for the position as early as possible.Be forewarned all the employee boarding up her home for the storms stuff will come up and all the skeletons will come banging out her closet when the election come around and she tries for the job

03-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Any councilperson or mayor is superior in custody to a police officer even the
That is clearly making the point, that these cops can think they have authority But they must do as the special interest master demands of those uniform slaves
OMG!!! Stop having conversations with yourself. It is clear that these posts are by the same person! You are a flipping idiot....get a life you liberal piece of shit! You are a waste of a human body!

05-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Any councilperson or mayor is superior in custody to a police officer even the polock
OMG!!! Stop having conversations with yourself. It is clear that these posts are by the same person! You are a flipping idiot....get a life you liberal piece of shizzat! You are a waste of a human body!

Actually, it may have been written by two different people. Jeff Carman does have an identical twin brother. Monkey see, monkey do.

05-06-2008, 03:30 AM
WHAT PART OF THE CITY COUNIL HATE COPS, ALL COPS, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!?!? Does the NYPD or LAPD report all IA's to the city council before they go public, NO, because they are too big and they hired a CHIEF (or commisioner or whatever) to run the dept!!! Thats a police chiefs job, to run the department. MB is a cop hating control freak and she just wants to be the queen of her little castle....

05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Oh dont you worry she will show her ARSE that is in BIG letters for a reason at the Devil Rays game she will be trying to act like the Mayor which I hope she never gets because we would all be doomed!!! :roll:

05-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh dont you worry she will show her ARSE that is in BIG letters for a reason at the Devil Rays game she will be trying to act like the Mayor which I hope she never gets because we would all be doomed!!! :roll: on that note, we really need to play a bigger part in the next election. It may or may not matter but at least we can try, theres more then just the old evers/poston battles that can make a difference. ****Not tring to get that going again*****

05-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Skrew MB, we need a Mayor Michael A. Nutterew (philly mayor)!!