PDA

View Full Version : knee-jerk reaction

03-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know what caused yet another knee-jerk reaction?

Majors / Captains,

I wanted to provide some clarification on ABTs stance regarding gambling machines and gambling cases. Please forward this information to your lieutenants and agents.

A few weeks ago we sent several of our agents to a gambling school here in Tallahassee. It appears that some of the attendees of the training are under the impression that we are now actively pursuing gambling violations more than ever. Right now several issues involving gambling machines (especially in truck stops) are under review and the Legislature is currently seeking clarification on the legality of certain gambling machines.

Until further notice, we will not actively pursue gambling violations until further clarification comes forth. We are not saying that if we come across gambling machines and violations in our normal scope of duties that we can’t take enforcement action, but we will not aggressively, proactively enforce gambling violations until you hear further.

Please make sure this is explained to your personnel.

Jerry Geier

Chief of Law Enforcement

Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco

1940 N. Monroe Street

Tallahassee, FL 32399

03-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know what caused yet another knee-jerk reaction?

Majors / Captains,

I wanted to provide some clarification on ABTs stance regarding gambling machines and gambling cases. Please forward this information to your lieutenants and agents.

A few weeks ago we sent several of our agents to a gambling school here in Tallahassee. It appears that some of the attendees of the training are under the impression that we are now actively pursuing gambling violations more than ever. Right now several issues involving gambling machines (especially in truck stops) are under review and the Legislature is currently seeking clarification on the legality of certain gambling machines.

Until further notice, we will not actively pursue gambling violations until further clarification comes forth. We are not saying that if we come across gambling machines and violations in our normal scope of duties that we can’t take enforcement action, but we will not aggressively, proactively enforce gambling violations until you hear further.

Please make sure this is explained to your personnel.

Jerry Geier

Chief of Law Enforcement

Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco

1940 N. Monroe Street

Tallahassee, FL 32399

Now that's a great leader. He sends people to school so that they can be labeled experts and train others, and then says they can't practice what they were taught... Hmmmmm... That is like buying your kid a bike and telling him/her that they can't ride it.
Makes sense to me.. I guess....

03-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Is this a new communications vehicle? What happened to the chain of command, directives, memos? I guess what I'm questioning is the validity of this post. Hey poster, advance to be recognized. That's a military thing for those of you who never served.

03-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Is this a new communications vehicle? What happened to the chain of command, directives, memos? I guess what I'm questioning is the validity of this post. Hey poster, advance to be recognized. That's a military thing for those of you who never served.

What chain of command are you talking about?
I just pick up the phone and call who ever I want, up to Secretary and the next thing I know, I get what ever I want..
This is so nice and I love my job...

03-13-2008, 11:18 PM

I just pick up the phone and call who ever I want, up to Secretary and the next thing I know, I get what ever I want..

You must be one of those prema donnas

03-13-2008, 11:31 PM

You must be one of those prema donnas

No all I need is Suncom...