PDA

View Full Version : Different Bargaining Unit

03-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Seeing as to how the PBA hasn't done a thing for anybody as of yet, what's the concensus for switching to the FOP or back to IUPA? Personally, I have to question why we haven't seen any petitions, injunctions, proposals, or even a draft for a contract. I say we send them packing! How long have they been taking our money for their so-called "bargaining"? Regardless of the time, they have not lived up to their end of the agreement.

PBA, DO YOUR JOB! Afterall, you've had plenty of time, and taken too much of our money to do it with. So...what's your malfunction? Stop ripping us off and get to work!

03-13-2008, 05:13 AM
Well said

03-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah IUPA was great! No raises! No benefits! No defense to the raping we took from supervisors in Tallahassee! Disciplined for sending your own emails from your own account! IUPA! IUPA! IUPA! Lets go buy some more billboards on I-10! IUPA! IUPA! IUPA! Lets go try on our class A uniforms!

03-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah IUPA was great! No raises! No benefits! No defense to the raping we took from supervisors in Tallahassee! Disciplined for sending your own emails from your own account! IUPA! IUPA! IUPA! Lets go buy some more billboards on I-10! IUPA! IUPA! IUPA! Lets go try on our class A uniforms! Try the Teamsters

03-15-2008, 03:43 AM
Yeah IUPA was great! No raises! No benefits! No defense to the raping we took from supervisors in Tallahassee! Disciplined for sending your own emails from your own account! IUPA! IUPA! IUPA! Lets go buy some more billboards on I-10! IUPA! IUPA! IUPA! Lets go try on our class A uniforms! Try the Teamsters

Dummy, IUPA is the Teamsters

03-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah IUPA was great! No raises! No benefits! No defense to the raping we took from supervisors in Tallahassee! Disciplined for sending your own emails from your own account! IUPA! IUPA! IUPA! Lets go buy some more billboards on I-10! IUPA! IUPA! IUPA! Lets go try on our class A uniforms!

BooHoo BooHoo BooHoo! :lol:

03-15-2008, 05:53 PM
PBA's not perfect. Look what they have to work against. Governor Crist has repeated again this month on the capitol steps that he wants to do away with state employees and cut services to all Floridians. Take him at his word, because the state is a terrible employer. The state does not want 20 year employees. Crist wants contracted government services that give no benefit but cost little. State jobs have pay banding because Bush hired Arthur Anderson consulting (Accenture-name changed because the Anderson execs were indicted by the Justice Dept. for bad accounting practices at Enron). Pay banding is used to prevent workers from staying at jobs. Pay bands eliminate step raises or increased compensation of ANY kind. Law enforcement is dead last in priorities for Crist.

03-16-2008, 02:16 AM
PBA's not perfect. Look what they have to work against. Governor Crist has repeated again this month on the capitol steps that he wants to do away with state employees and cut services to all Floridians. Take him at his word, because the state is a terrible employer. The state does not want 20 year employees. Crist wants contracted government services that give no benefit but cost little. State jobs have pay banding because Bush hired Arthur Anderson consulting (Accenture-name changed because the Anderson execs were indicted by the Justice Dept. for bad accounting practices at Enron). Pay banding is used to prevent workers from staying at jobs. Pay bands eliminate step raises or increased compensation of ANY kind. Law enforcement is dead last in priorities for Crist.

Everything you say is true, but that does not excuse their lack of action thus far. We have been left out in the dark. Their communication with us has been abyssmal at best. Again, I understand opposition, but why haven't they even sent us proposed documents. Why haven't they asked us what we need?, etc... Beyond that, they are very politically connected and motivated. I don't really know about IUPA, but I can say that the FOP doesn't give a rat's a$$ about politics, and they have some major attorneys who pull no punches. Maybe PBA can't make headway due to opposition. But, I still expect them to send us info about what's going on and why. I also expect them to send us their future plans. If I don't see any changes or plans for changes, or even back-up plans, I can only safely assume the work isn't being done. I pay the PBA every month, and the ball is in PBA's court...they need to prove themselves to me...not the other way around.

03-19-2008, 02:05 AM
Try the Teamsters, after all they represent Waste Management and that is simply another name for ABT.

03-19-2008, 04:39 AM
Fair enough, but what do the teamsters know about the LEO Bill of Rights, or LE policies, or shootings, etc?

Now, before anyone says this isn't really LE, consider the fact that we do fall under the title, and are subject to all of the responsibilities that come with it.

All I'm saying is we should consider a different union, even if it's just us who switch. Perhaps if we go with a union that has some teeth, we'll be able to get ahead.

03-23-2008, 04:58 AM
A union with teeth? I think we are pretty much limited to the following three options:

http://images.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0032-0608-3013-4656_SM.jpg

http://www.thrillist.com/pics/toothless.jpg

http://abowlofstupid.com/wp-content/2007/03/toothless.jpg