PDA

View Full Version : Days off

03-12-2008, 06:00 PM
In our comm center each shift does their days off differently some people rotate some have permament days off. On my shift we used to have everyone rotate from MT, WT, SS getting a 5 day break at shift change. recently supervision has changed it to where some rotate thru this cycle and others don't. Not giving everyone a chance to have weekends off. Some never have weekends off. Can anyone tell me if they have a problem with this in their comm center or what can be done.

03-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Not us. We rotate ahead 2 days every 28 days. So if you have Sun/Mon off this month next month you will have Tues/Wed. So every couple months you rotate into a 4 day weekend. I.e. if you have off Fri/Sat then you would rotate into Sun/Mon off giving you Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon off. Works out good for us.

Sorry to hear your Supers are screwing you guys. You should suggest that they have to work the same rotation as you guys and see how they like it.

03-13-2008, 05:49 AM
what if my super can not answer a phone or work a radio

03-13-2008, 09:38 PM
In Sarasota, we roll back one day every 28 days...I.E.: sun/mon...then sat/sun...then fri/sat...etc...it averages out to week ends off every 5-6 months...if you work the 12-8-12-8 schedule, you have 3 days off, so you have at least part of the week-end off for 12 week-ends in a row and full week ends for 8 of those weeks.
(you also have part of the week-end off for 12 weeks on the 5-8's schedule too.)
This applies to the whole center, supervisors on down... :D

03-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Our supervisors have permament days off and holidays off so they really don't care what they do with ours and they never have to work a console.

03-15-2008, 04:10 AM
my super is worse then your super IT does nothing but backstab and pass of everybody else hard work off as ITS own and only favors those sub par employees that most everybody on this site complains about

03-16-2008, 02:01 AM
my super is worse then your super IT does nothing but backstab and pass of everybody else hard work off as ITS own and only favors those sub par employees that most everybody on this site complains about

You work for pbso?