PDA

View Full Version : Change your name

03-12-2008, 01:21 AM
ABT should change their SRT name to Natural Disaster Response Team. No disrespect intended, but you guys insult those who have attended a real SRT basic course (at least), and who actually conduct duties as an entry team member. As far as FDLE, anyone can be in their SRT. I was not impressed whatsoever.

03-12-2008, 01:23 AM
What an incredibly meaningful debate, sure to ignite a firestorm of controversy. SRT vs. Disaster RT. Can we go back to voting on pregnant vs. fat?

03-12-2008, 01:46 AM
ABT should change their SRT name to Natural Disaster Response Team. No disrespect intended, but you guys insult those who have attended a real SRT basic course (at least), and who actually conduct duties as an entry team member. As far as FDLE, anyone can be in their SRT. I was not impressed whatsoever.

SRT is such a generic term, that I don't think anyone (except you) attaches any meaning to it.

03-12-2008, 04:01 AM
Special Response Team, Storm Response Team, Storm Recovery Team, Special Recovery Team, Storm Reaction Team, Security Retention Team...I can come up with more, but I don't really care. Wow, though. Somebody's really hung up on a simple acronym...?

03-12-2008, 12:07 PM
My old agency had SWAT and SRT. SRT handled crowd control, civil disturbances, and perimeters for SWAT on large ops. Nobody on SRT pretended they were a SWAT members. ABT's SRT is Special, and a response team....what is the issue really?

03-12-2008, 01:07 PM
FDLE uses S.O.T. = Special Operations Team and they are a special weapons and tactics team...with specialty weapons. Most are former local agency swat guys with real swat experience. And no...everyone can't be a member....

03-12-2008, 04:01 PM
What an incredibly meaningful debate, sure to ignite a firestorm of controversy. SRT vs. Disaster RT. Can we go back to voting on pregnant vs. fat?

I agree, it doesn't matter if it's SWAT, SRT, Disaster RT, Whirlwind RT etc etc etc, they all pale compared to the military's Special Opts, Green Beret, Army Rangers, Navy Seals etc. When a team member can call in an F-16 to deliver a laser guided smart bomb to hit Mohammad in the ass, now that's impressive.

Edited by Mod 361. The last sentence was removed due to bashing.

03-15-2008, 05:59 PM
My old agency had SWAT and SRT. SRT handled crowd control, civil disturbances, and perimeters for SWAT on large ops. Nobody on SRT pretended they were a SWAT members. ABT's SRT is Special, and a response team....what is the issue really?

A few agencies with no special weapons and personnel that respond to emergencies call the team ERT for emergency response team. That's probably more appropriate to describe ABT's.

03-15-2008, 07:09 PM
FART = Fast Action Response Team. The term was rejected for some strange reason. There was even a patch made...no one has a sense of humor anymore. The only reason SRT is used is because it fits on a ball cap, and that was the accepted term for everyone after "Hurricane Andrew."

03-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Let's not forget about the two other unit names: Special Hurricane Interdiction Team, or the Problem Interdiction and Security Squad.

Then there was the Hurricane Uniformed Response Team (H.U.R.T.), but that was turned down, too.

07-08-2013, 02:59 AM
How about... Hurricane Hunters? sounds good and is about the same as SRT. Special Responce Team??? rreally?