PDA

View Full Version : 30k

03-11-2008, 04:51 AM
Is fwc sarting pay really only 30k?

03-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Follow the directions as follows:

1.Click on the following link
https://jobs.myflorida.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-225679&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any
2. Read carefully under salary

3. Apply for job.

4. Enjoy your employment FWC and leave us alone.

03-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Yes, just barely over 30k and it stays there forever. FWC we need our own thread!

03-13-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't know who the jacka** is that posted "leave us alone," but you guys (and gals) at FWC are welcome on our site anytime. We are all brothers (and sisters) in environmental law enforcement and you are welcome here with us.

To my fellow DEP officer who wrote "leave us alone," maybe one day when you out there all by yourself getting your a** kicked, an FWC officer will come by and "leave you alone."

To the FWC officers my apologies from everyone here in DEP law enforcement for that comment, his attitude reflects that of the Tramel regime, which we are still trying to cleanse from our agency.

03-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't know who the jacka** is that posted "leave us alone," but you guys (and gals) at FWC are welcome on our site anytime. We are all brothers (and sisters) in environmental law enforcement and you are welcome here with us.

To my fellow DEP officer who wrote "leave us alone," maybe one day when you out there all by yourself getting your a** kicked, an FWC officer will come by and "leave you alone."

To the FWC officers my apologies from everyone here in DEP law enforcement for that comment, his attitude reflects that of the Tramel regime, which we are still trying to cleanse from our agency.

I can't agree more. The input of FWC is welcome anytime on this board. I have worked with many FWC officers and find that they are hard working people who work by themselves in the middle of no where.

I will back up any officer, at anytime. If the management of DEP doesn't like that, then tough. I guess they were never alone trying to get someone arrested who didn't want to go. When Tally gets the mentality of "we are better than your agency" out of their heads and begins to work with other agencies, then things will change.

Of course if ALL districts were able to do the same things with other agencies, it might be a start. But if Tally. would even show up in the districts like they said they would years ago, that would be a start. I guess I'm just expecting too much.

03-13-2008, 10:16 PM
I will 10-94 DEP anytime.

03-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Yes, just barely over 30k and it stays there forever. FWC we need our own thread!

You're saying the starting salary is it? No pay increases? Is there much available overtime? I've been really considering apply to FWC, been a long time dream, but the more research I do the less attractive it gets.

03-19-2008, 05:45 AM
FWC can start there own thread......have someone request it....but in the mean time keep posting here.... :wink:

03-22-2008, 12:07 AM
No steps, overtime varies from area to area and time of year. The job is great. Pay is terrible.

03-25-2008, 11:46 PM
No steps, overtime varies from area to area and time of year. The job is great. Pay is terrible.

I didn't realize the base salary was it. Is there at least opportunity for some off-duty pay? I'm born and raised in FL and have spent my life hunting and fishing and I know FWC would be a perfect fit for me, but that low of a salary is pretty bad. I don't mind working extra, but it would be hard to make it on just the base salary.

03-26-2008, 01:23 PM
I LEFT FWC TO BE A DEPUTY SHERIFF BEST MOVE I MADE AND IM RICHER. :P

03-26-2008, 10:20 PM
FWC we need our own thread!

"No we don't"

DEP thanks for letting us stop by and talk, but we really don't need to start our own Forum.

03-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Off-duty starts after probation which is one year and it also varies from one area to the next. It can be done, but depending on what area of the state you work it can be hard.

03-30-2008, 10:16 AM
I thought pba contract allowed off duty after FTO, not all the way after 1 year probation.... might wanna check on that, some supervisors maybe enforcing rules against our union contract

03-30-2008, 12:44 PM
You can work enhanced patrol ie ports and mangement areas before one year, but no off duty.

04-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Hey! I am T-8 w/ wackenhut can I use this thread? I'am T-97

04-26-2008, 12:31 AM
FWC we need our own thread!

"No we don't"

DEP thanks for letting us stop by and talk, but we really don't need to start our own Forum.

wouldn't want to have what's left of fwc airing their opinion...we like the status quo! :lol:

04-26-2008, 02:22 AM
You and anyone else are welcome on this site. It is public. So send your feed back and we will read, and answer. Thanks