PDA

View Full Version : Dear Chief Pachnek

03-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Let me start off by saying that you have done amazing things for this department over the many years that you have been our chief. We went from falling into the green and white machine to being one of the better departments within the county.

Heres one of my issues. Look at your SWAT team. according to other agencies, our team is an amazing young team. This is due to one thing called, TRAINING. Your SWAT Team traines twice a month and thats why they are so 10-8.

We have hired alot of potential and have a few decent trainers working here (I.E. Wilson, Hansen, Ranger, and thats about it). I have been here for 4 years and the only training that I get is re-certifications once a year. Thats not even training. Its praying you hit the damn thing so you can go to work that night.

This city gets it all from bailouts, felony stops, pursuits, etc. The only training that I got for this was from my FTO. Luckily, I was fortunate enough to get one of the better FTOs so i actually know how to properly handle these situations.

We need training! Not just once a year. This is why officers are shooting at everything, and this is why you have cops doing the things that your cops are doing. Our FTOs arent even on the same page.

I had an FTO on alpha shift. He went over EVERYTHING with me and then got me into absoultely everything you could face out here. Then he showed me how to write it and explained what the agency looked for. He did everything per policy and per state law. Then I went to a dayshift FTO. He showed me the complete opposite and ended up telling me to quit after my probation ended.

Can you please fix your FTO program by geting rid of certain FTOs and can you please start training us!!!!!

Thanks and I wish to remain anonymous (i wonder why...lol)

03-11-2008, 02:41 AM
Very well said. Just want to point out that you missed a couple FTOs but thats OK, everyone is entitled to thier own opinions. We do desperately need training starting now. Especially the older veteran officers before they get themselves or somebody else killed. Thats how this place is though, they treat us like Mc Donalds and expect us to be Ruth Chris' Steak House.

03-11-2008, 02:50 AM
Not to bang my squad cause we're fine, but I work the A1 squad once in a while and they are pretty squared away. They always lock scenes down right away and seem to work really tight. The reason is because of their ftos that work that shift. They do roll call training and the ftos are always debriefing after major incidents which I think really helps.

Once again, not knocking any squad or any FTO but I wish my squads ftos would do the same. I am a rookie ho wants to learn will listen. Teach us. Training shouldnt stop on the last day of fto. I work A1 every chance i get just so i can pick their ftos head.

We have alot of good ftos really good ftos. just wish they would teach when us even after initial training.

03-11-2008, 03:36 AM
Let me start off by saying that you have done amazing things for this department over the many years that you have been our chief. We went from falling into the green and white machine to being one of the better departments within the county.

Heres one of my issues. Look at your SWAT team. according to other agencies, our team is an amazing young team. This is due to one thing called, TRAINING. Your SWAT Team traines twice a month and thats why they are so 10-8.

We have hired alot of potential and have a few decent trainers working here (I.E. Wilson, Hansen, Ranger, and thats about it). I have been here for 4 years and the only training that I get is re-certifications once a year. Thats not even training. Its praying you hit the darn thing so you can go to work that night.

This city gets it all from bailouts, felony stops, pursuits, etc. The only training that I got for this was from my FTO. Luckily, I was fortunate enough to get one of the better FTOs so i actually know how to properly handle these situations.

We need training! Not just once a year. This is why officers are shooting at everything, and this is why you have cops doing the things that your cops are doing. Our FTOs arent even on the same page.

I had an FTO on alpha shift. He went over EVERYTHING with me and then got me into absoultely everything you could face out here. Then he showed me how to write it and explained what the agency looked for. He did everything per policy and per state law. Then I went to a dayshift FTO. He showed me the complete opposite and ended up telling me to quit after my probation ended.

Can you please fix your FTO program by geting rid of certain FTOs and can you please start training us!!!!!

Thanks and I wish to remain anonymous (i wonder why...lol)

WELL SAID. I AGREE TO EVERY WORD

03-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Not to bang my squad cause we're fine, but I work the A1 squad once in a while and they are pretty squared away. They always lock scenes down right away and seem to work really tight. The reason is because of their ftos that work that shift. They do roll call training and the ftos are always debriefing after major incidents which I think really helps.

Once again, not knocking any squad or any FTO but I wish my squads ftos would do the same. I am a rookie ho wants to learn will listen. Teach us. Training shouldnt stop on the last day of fto. I work A1 every chance i get just so i can pick their ftos head.

We have alot of good ftos really good ftos. just wish they would teach when us even after initial training.You are right, training never should stop. If you or anyone ever has a sticky situation, you should always be able to call certain ftos for help 24-7.

03-11-2008, 06:02 PM
there are several ftos that you can call if your ever in a sticky situation. I know some that would answer their phones when on vacation and would even come to the PD to help if called.

We have several good ftos that have amazing knowledge and would go above and beyond for others. Just gotta call them.

I agree to the rest of the post as well. We definately need training in areas ranging from tactics, crime scenes, etc. Were not bad, but we could be alot better with a little training.

03-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I GOT INTO SOME SERIOUS DRAMA (NOTHING ILLEGAL MR I.A. SO DONT GET EXCITED) AND I CALLED A CERTAIN ALPHA SHIFT FTO. HE MET ME SOMEWHERE AND WENT OVER MY ALPHA WORD FOR WORD WITH ME.

AFTER MY SGT READ IT, I WAS PRAISED FOR WRITING SUCH A GOOD ALPHA AND NEVER HEARD FROM THE INCIDENT (8 MONTHS AGO).

I WONT THROW YOUR NAME OUT THERE, BUT THANKS.

WE DO HAVE A FEW GOOD FTOS THAT CARE AND CONTINUE TO TRAIN.

P.S. THIS GUY WASNT EVEN ONE OF MY FTOS AT THE TIME OF TRAINING!!

03-11-2008, 06:40 PM
this fto you speak of have red hair??? lolol. you wont throw his name out there but i will. he deserves t know that hes a good teacher.

he was one of my first ftos and once you get passed his mood swings, hes got alot to offer. He was an awesome teacher when on fto and continues to be one even when his cars empty. he, however, turned into the biggest girl when i drove his car. He was screaming at me the entire time i ran code in his car once, kinda funnny. I say once because after that day he never let me drive his car again...lol

The other ftos that i want to say thanks to would be lacy, sims, Abrahams (also mr moody), ranger, hansen and forrmer lpd fto debreau. They are also awesome teachers and would do anything for anyone.

03-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Hes always the first one to help a troubled cop too.

03-12-2008, 12:14 AM
I would like to see more tactical training. And are we ever gonna have another field force training. Oh yea, has anyone ever been trained on how to put on that bio-hazard crap??? Its about to become a really expensive halloween costume...LOL

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-12-2008, 08:16 AM
I threw away the crap that came in that biga$$ bio-hazard bag and use the bag for my baseball equip. :lol:

03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Josh is also a great FTO. He knows what hes doing and has a great working style. Heard hes getting transfered to VIN. Go figure, another good FTO gone

03-14-2008, 08:28 PM
how about getting "high-risk" traffic stops down so that idiot rookies dont pull in front of suspects cars and get themselves shot though crossfire.

Just a thought. But I guess one of the idiot rookies wil have to get shot before that class is posted.

:shock:

03-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Good job, you identified a specific training problem. Your next step should be to develop a plan to correct that problem. Then implement that plan. I understand that may be tricky so here are some things you can do.
1. Tell your supervisor that officers (key word "officers" don't name names) are having a specific problem with high risk traffic stops.
2. Develop a lesson plan, ask the Training Division for a lesson plan or ask a Traffic FTO for help.
3. Pick a specific day and time (usually roll call training).
4. Implement the training.
5. Have everyone sign off on a training log and submit it to training so that it counts toward one of your shift's required roll call trainings.

*note that it should take about 30 minutes for class room and about an hour of hands-on. If it is nights, we can do the hands-on after the calls die down and if it is days, you can do it first thing in the morning before the calls pick-up.

NOW IF YOU WILL PLEASE STOP COMING ON HERE BASHING YOUR FELLOW OFFICERS BY CALLING THEM "IDIOT ROOKIES" YOU MIGHT START LOOKING PROFESSIONAL YOURSELF! INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING, COME UP WITH A PLAN OF ACTION TO CORRECT IT. If the problem is that crucial then don't wait for training to fix it. Your supervisors will like you more if you show initiative to improve your shift. Lets just hope that the "idiot rookie" will be better and bigger than you and not even respond to your juvenile rant.

03-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Just to add lets stop naming names here. Everyone is a great FTO. They each have thier own unique strengths and weaknesses. Praising or criticizing specific people on this site will compel others to start a bashing session and we need to rise above that.

03-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Just to add lets stop naming names here. Everyone is a great FTO. They each have thier own unique strengths and weaknesses. Praising or criticizing specific people on this site will compel others to start a bashing session and we need to rise above that.

absoultely

03-15-2008, 10:12 PM
How can you guys worry about an issue like training now when the department has obviously declare WAR on the Officers by suspending and firing EVERYBODY they can.

Where is the UNITY and moral support.

Typical cops never extend yourself for others in a time of need, only think about what you can get for yourself.

03-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Whats the plan? What can we do? Let's get together and do something about it. Let's fight. They will keep doing this to us until we stop them. Who's next? They can't fire everyone if everyone stands up together. Someone come up with a plan. Meanwhile lets see what we can do to help the ones they are firing now.