PDA

View Full Version : Col. Liford

03-09-2008, 01:27 AM
Is your colonel a guy who came from brevard county a few years ago?. I think I may have worked with him, he was a good friend of charlie bronson.

03-09-2008, 03:09 AM
[quote="Interested"]Is your colonel a guy who came from brevard county a few years ago?. I think I may have worked with him, he was a good friend of charlie bronson.[/quot

Yep thats him!! Former ride-along buddy. :twisted:

03-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Is he still there?

03-10-2008, 02:47 AM
Is he still there?

Yes he is still with Aglaw!!

03-10-2008, 01:18 PM
He is a good guy, he told all of us in Tallahassee that he told the Commissioner there would be no cuts in Ag/Law. Hope its true coming from him.

03-10-2008, 07:21 PM
He told us he would get us take home cars too! He hasn't lived up to any of the promises he has made. It's his crew that carries him since he has no idea what he is talking about most of the time. The only job he is worried about saving is his own.

03-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Is he ever at work?, Ive been here 4 years and saw the guy one time in Pensacola. They make fun of him at his old job in brevard. He and his brother were together at bcso. I hope that he doesnt screw up as bad as they say he does.

03-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Leave the man alone, he is in drop and just doing time, he doesn't care about the agency, just trying to cash in like me and Goodyear.

03-23-2008, 02:03 AM
I know him and his brother, they both should be herding cows and shoveling $hit. He is a political pick, never was anything as a deputy unless you count BBQing his way to sergeant in 28 years.

03-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Well I guess he just lied again, say goodbye to at least 6 cops, nice work Tallahassee. What do the rest of the so called leaders have to say about this?.

03-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Where did the information on the 6 positions being cut come from? Is this reliable intel?

03-29-2008, 10:34 PM
http://flpba.org/pdf/Capitol%20Reports/CR-2008-03-21.pdf

03-31-2008, 12:25 AM
He is still the man, don't knock him, he will always freeload his way on others backs. Man can he cook some pork and eat at the troff. He has bull$hitted his way through a nothing career.

04-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Let us all thank Liford and the Capitol that he is so in with for screwing us once again. Thanks for no pay raise, giving up officers and basically just being all you can be.....Nothing!

04-02-2008, 04:50 PM
He is not a bad person, just stupid. He barely knows how to get to work, much less have him involved with anything as complex as the budget. Where is the Lt. Col on this, he lobbies the legislature, there is a lot of tension in Tallahassee. Where is the Commissioner himself?.

04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
What can anyone do?, the Commisioner needs to git er done man. They all know down there that the Ass.Commissionor is a cop hater and hates all of the folks who don't kiss her a$$. PBA needs to go talk to Teri Rhodes, she and the Commissionor need to fix it. Liford cant do anything, he is just a paycheck.

04-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Is he even still here?, he is never anywhere he should be, like trying to get us raises and keeping himself out of the I.G's glare.

04-05-2008, 02:44 AM
They are all doing what they can, So we lose 6 open positions, thats a far cty of 90 FWC is looking at. Or the 3,000 correctional and probation folks. When cuts are made it screws up the daily funding which is given out 4 times a year, The big thing id hope one of us don't get callec in for a goodbye letter, This sunshine comminte needs to just the job at hand and stop comming up with scenerios they have no thought about knowing the meaning of. Hold on tight, in may take a bit more than 8 seconds,

04-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I know personally that they are fighting for us, the command has been quite vocal in their anger and frustration at this whole thing. The asst Commisioner has sold us down the river again, she only favors forestry. We need to stand together and demonstrate our professionalism and commitment to O.A.L.E.

04-30-2008, 01:39 AM
I was at the Colonel Liford speech at in-service it was awful, he told people tey would lose there job and one man walt Dover started bawling. If anything ever would change here it must be him. This is bad stuff going on here and the troopers are mad too

04-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I heard about his speech too. He called all of the civilians together to tell them about the budget cuts and then started naming off the people in front of everyone that were going to be cut. Apparently he was so drunk he couldn't even remember who all was going to be cut and said there are others here, but I can't remember who. Then he calls on his "budget" lady to start helping him with the names of who else would be cut.

What an a$$hole to do that in front of everybody! The least he could have done was to stay sober and called each individual in separately to tell them they might loose their job. Of course, the only job he cares about is his own.

He is the one they should cut. We could save at least 3 LEO positions that actually do work if they cut him and his salary. Its not like anyone would miss him. Well, other than the capitol since he is Terry's b!tch. He is the one that lets them screw us over all the time because he believes that will save his own a$$.

04-30-2008, 11:41 AM
What do you really expect from him?, he is told what to do by the Capitol. I noticed his best buddy that he hired from Brevard job is safe. There is a lot of very hurt feelings over this.

matercop
04-30-2008, 03:37 PM
I must be off in the woods to far to know what is going on. I have never heard any of this before, and I usually stay pretty up to date on info. What circles are ya'll running in to be privy to so much info?

04-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Wake up officer, it happened

05-01-2008, 12:50 AM
What can you say, the Colonel is a fool, Dover has told everybody he will quit because of it. This was terrible, people losing jobs because of terrible management in Tally.

05-01-2008, 06:10 PM
What does dover do anyway?, he is a steverson guy who was never with you Ag/Law guys.

05-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I never knew that his name was Walt, I always heard people refer to him bend over. I wonder why?

05-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Hey Ben is rich and powerful, what about the cops and civilians who got told they would be fired and Hodson was tols he would be demoted when he was teaching the class.

05-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Why doesn't someone help him?. If he is so bad, why hasn't anyone been able to get with him and tell him?.

My God! :shock:

05-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Uhhh Uhhh We don't do that here.

05-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Your right, we let screwups keep on keepin on, why do anything different for the brass...NOT! The word in Tally is not good on him and his no work ethic. To embarass all of thode people in front of other people is terrible.

Some agencies would get rid of you for that, Bailey, and other Colonels have much more class and brains.

05-07-2008, 12:09 AM
how true is the rumor that the office located near the suwannee river in gilchrist county being shut down after the captain retires later this year?

05-07-2008, 11:25 AM
how true is the rumor that the office located near the suwannee river in gilchrist county being shut down after the captain retires later this year?

100% fact, all is being moved to the Farmers Market in White Springs. Some has already been moved, supplies and such.

05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Fanning will be closed with the retirement of Major Pittman.

05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Where are you Colonel?, what are you doing about us in OALE?. Thanks for your e-mail, now do something except just talk.

Come out come out wherever you are

05-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Leinhauser for Colonel!! hip hip hooray

05-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh noooo, way to much of a hard ass, the colonel is a nice man. L.Col is smart but not the friendliest of people. th Col is just trieng to do the best he can for all.

05-09-2008, 02:47 AM
The col is a great guy. You just can't make everyone happy! With all the budget woes of every agency, we should be content with the job we have. We could have no job. FHP has now gotten a second raise we have not, maybe the disgruntled should apply with them. But remember most of them aren't happy either. Greener grass dosen't mean its better.

05-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Better a real hard ass that works to improve aglaw, than a drunk fool that will sell us out every chance he gets. Of course, he is nice - he's drunk most of the time. Take his bottle away for a couple of days and the real liford comes out.

05-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Dear MOD, I am asking you to keep this board free of the lowest common denominator types such as exist on other boards. This kind of trash talk and is not productive or professional. We have worked hard to professionalize this agency, lets have some standards please.

MOD 486
05-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I agree with you Casual Observer. I again plead with everyone to maintain their professionalism while posting on our agency's board. We are all upset at the pay issues going on. Believe me I don't like it no better than anyone else and would like to see changes made. However, I would like to see our board not to become a place where Officers feel free to bad mouth other Officers/Supervisors. We all know we have bad apples working for us. Whether it be Officers, Supervisors or both we have them just like every other agency has them. Please stop the bashing and lets continue to be the most professional board on this site. I like to belileve that OALE has the most professional group of Officers and we are not like the other agencies. We have our problems and issues and we deal with them in a professional manner. Thanks for your help.

MOD 486

05-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey, MOD agree wit u, but the truth is the truth.

05-17-2008, 08:55 AM
I dont think the director should be called names, but look at his ability to do the job. So far he has not been to great. we know he is just a political person, not much else. Anybody who has been her can see that. As far as the other stuff about him many people in Tally should be standing up and telling about his his bad actions.

05-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Sounds like you guys are a total mess! Don't feel all alone it ant no better at DOT. Seems like big talking idiots are the norm these days. Just wait until next year, its going to get worse for us and better for FHP. Pour me one Col if you have any left in the bottle by lunch!

05-20-2008, 11:27 AM
This is just great no wonder we are so messed up in Tallahassee.

05-23-2008, 11:37 AM
You are right DOT. It is almost like they are in a contest to see who the biggest loser is. One drinks his day away while the other spends his time having someone drive him around the state so he can visit friends and relatives. You would think they both learned a lesson after seeing what happened to Col. Knight, but I guess they think they are both untouchable. I guess they just don't realize that people are watching and it is only a matter of time before they go down harder than CK did. I guess when your ego gets that big you forget that other people watch what you do to see if you are making a difference for better or for worse.

05-24-2008, 03:50 AM
Fire both of them, they are complete embarrasments to both agencies. At least Fountain was entertaining, your guy is a total bore. :oops:

05-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Anyone that believes he isn't lying when is mouth is moving has not been paying attention. He will say anything to whoever is in front of him at the moment if he thinks that is what they want to hear. He is always making promises that he has no intention of keeping. He would be a perfect politician if he could stay out of the bottle long enough to sober up. After all, it is in who you know, not what you know (which for him is where every liquor store it between his house and HQ) Talk about the biggest loser. I think ours takes the cake over DOTs colonel.

05-30-2008, 12:51 AM
He is a good man, whoever says this is a dik

06-01-2008, 01:46 PM
if you have a problem with lifford, you ain't heard of bob johnson. all he does is sit around and come up with a way to creat new forms, like we don't have enough to fill out each day and month. we double out work on just doing forms he thinks up.

06-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Has anyone suggested re-hab to your Colonel?

06-03-2008, 08:06 PM
The whole bunch from the Rhodes Building are all about furthering themselves and whatever photo ops they can find to show how great they are. At the Police Memorial service they were all aglow in their white shirts. They all posed with the Commissioner and the Honor Guard. You couldn't even see the Honor Guard in their $1000.00 uniforms because of all the Brass in the front. It was never about any "Honor". They can find money to waste with such things as $1000.00 uniforms, "Tug-of-War contest, (Check the "I" drive and see who anchored our team...) ,Chiefs that have no Indians, FBI Academy for select Chiefs that have no Indians, but where the rubber hits the Ramp we have no funds for freaking car repairs? Go figure..... Two years can't pass quick enough. But then they will just change clowns again. It will be the same Circus.

06-06-2008, 01:30 AM
The brass are not the only cause of problems, where is Bronson and Rhodes. True some Majors and and Captains suck, but not all of them. Where is Colonel Liford and his sidekick the Lt. Colonel huh?, hiring more friends.

06-14-2008, 01:54 PM
i agree that this could be good forum to air ideas and grievances, we kjnow the brass read it. Please keep the posts professional and not use names. Remember anyone can read this stuff.

06-15-2008, 03:19 AM
i agree that this could be good forum to air ideas and grievances, we kjnow the brass read it. Please keep the posts professional and not use names. Remember anyone can read this stuff.

What's yer point?

06-15-2008, 02:27 PM
If you don't get the point, you may not be smart enough to read or post here. This would be a good place to talk about "real" ideas and suggestions with out slandering people. This is viewed by many who are not L.E. and not ag/law. Why not keep it professional like FDLE does, I think that is a question for the MOD too!

06-16-2008, 02:14 AM
If you don't get the point, you may not be smart enough to read or post here. This would be a good place to talk about "real" ideas and suggestions with out slandering people. This is viewed by many who are not L.E. and not ag/law. Why not keep it professional like FDLE does, I think that is a question for the MOD too!

I guess I'm smart enough to read your crap, I just don't give a red rodent's rectum. I just get real irritated when someboby whizzes down my back and tells me it raining...

06-16-2008, 09:32 PM
It is clear you are a disgruntled person, you are bashing commanders but do not give any examples. If someone is whizzing down your back, maybe your into it. Call Tallahassee, call the Capitol, call your mommy.

06-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey there you silly rat learn to spell TOMATO notice no"E", if you have been regulating them for 23 years you should know how to spell it.

06-17-2008, 05:33 PM
screw ag haha

06-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey there you silly rat learn to spell TOMATO notice no"E", if you have been regulating them for 23 years you should know how to spell it.
Maybe you should stick to kissing tail or something do know because spelling is not your strong point. If you need to be shown examples then you must have had your head buried somewhere (and I don't mean in the sand) or either you have not worked here long enough to have an opinion. Tomato with an "E"? You might be Vice President one day....

06-17-2008, 08:44 PM
[quote="ain't kissing tail":25wt8gwd]Hey there you silly rat learn to spell TOMATO notice no"E", if you have been regulating them for 23 years you should know how to spell it.
Maybe you should stick to kissing tail or something do know because spelling is not your strong point. If you need to be shown examples then you must have had your head buried somewhere (and I don't mean in the sand) or either you have not worked here long enough to have an opinion. Tomato with an "E"? You might be Vice President one day....[/quote:25wt8gwd]
Hey Ain't Kissing tail...That was not directed at you. I was trying to tutor Silly Rat and quoted the wrong post..... Sorry :oops:

MOD 486
06-19-2008, 02:40 AM
Allright guys and gals let stay professional. If you can't stay professional and keep up the unprofessionalism I will lock this topic down.

MOD 486

06-19-2008, 12:51 PM
MOD 486 this whole thread is unprofessional and should have been locked a long time ago, if you are not going to lock it for some of the insults made in reference to our Colonel, then I do not see how you can threaten to lock it because of some banter between Officers.

MOD 486
06-19-2008, 11:07 PM
The way I see this thread is this was a group of officers upset at the way admin has handled the budget cuts. I have monitored this thread and when I feel it goes over the top I will edit the post or close the thread. Unfortunately some of the stuff said was true. How can I lock a thread which is true statements?

MOD 486

06-20-2008, 11:42 AM
With some of the unprofessional and certianly unethical bullcrap that we have seen in the past few years like the magical positions that appear out of nowhere in just the perfect location for an old riding buddy, or the seemingly whimsical promotional system where Lieutenants and Captains with not enough to do to keep them busy were instantly Captains and Majors with not enough to do to keep them busy, or Lieutenants promotions based on how well your inlaws are connected, and the list goes on and on. it's easy to see where people can get a little jaded. It's kind of hard to accept when somebody who just got one of the above mentioned Major positions tries to tell me that we are running short in the budget and need to cut back and scrimp and save every penny that we can to the point of neglecting needed repairs to vehicles. As Tommy Tomato so eloquently put it: "Don't whizz down my back and tell me it's raining".

06-20-2008, 07:48 PM
If this stuff is true, than explain it to us, we need to know.

06-20-2008, 08:38 PM
If this stuff is true, than explain it to us, we need to know.
If you haven't seen the things happen that I mentioned then you are either 1) a newbie with less that a week on the job, 2) have had your head stuck somewhere out of sight where nothing could soak through, or 3) a total idiot and a Tally boy.

06-21-2008, 05:43 PM
I am with "what a joke", I agree that some of the stuff is true, but to just slander people because your not ballsy enough to confront all this wrong doing is just stupid. If all of this stuff is true have a spine and belly up to Tally. Ben Dover is a coward, I hope they have more balls backing up their fellow officers than on this thread.

06-24-2008, 01:09 AM
What does the Colonel say about off duty and the rest stops?, has anybody asked him?.

06-24-2008, 01:35 AM
YES HE SAID QUIT ASKING!!! YOU WILL NEVER GET A TAKE HOME CAR.

06-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey...why should we get a take home car when we can't even take care of the ones that we have. There was a recent cleaning of the cars and there was a lovely find of a half eaten cheesburger, fries, cigarette butts and whatever butt you left behind shoved under the seat. What would it be like if you had a take home.....roaches.....rats...

I want a take home just as bad as everyone else, is it going to happen probably not, please explain to me why you need one and I will be on board with you 100%. I think and will say even the gold may not need one, do they deserve it maybe not, is it part of the benefit's package yes...you want a car? Straighten up and become a gold there are so many leaving you might get your chance in line soon if you hold out long enough.

For now, just please clean up after yourself, maybe, if you can prove you can keep a station car then you can get a take home! Start at home before you stab at everyone else! It's embarrassing! :D

06-25-2008, 12:20 PM
I am with "what a joke", I agree that some of the stuff is true, but to just slander people because your not ballsy enough to confront all this wrong doing is just stupid. If all of this stuff is true have a spine and belly up to Tally. Ben Dover is a coward, I hope they have more balls backing up their fellow officers than on this thread.
You can only hope that you grow up to have balls as big as mine. You had also hope that when something goes south that it's me that comes to back up your punk a$$ instead of the admistration you are so quick to defend, Tally-boy. I am not a coward, just a realist.

06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Whooo Ben, sounds like I-75 hit a sore nerve with you boy. You probably just need to man up and express your feelings in Tally

06-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Whooo Ben, sounds like I-75 hit a sore nerve with you boy. You probably just need to man up and express your feelings in Tally I got your 'boy" right here....:snicker:

06-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Hey Ben, why dont you see the Colonel, he has an open door policy. Your just just crying otherwise.

07-03-2008, 10:38 AM
He is dumber than dirt and thats a fact...............

07-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Watch out, the idiot has his version of Tommy Easterling aka Goodyear the snitch out trying to nail people who are badmouthing him.

07-04-2008, 02:58 PM
I ain't watching for anything but horse trailers driving by, as to his snitch he can take his best shot, those guy's aint got the IQ of a Brookledge driver when they are all added together..................

MOD 486
07-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I believe this topic has spent its course. We all know we have issues within the agency. There isn't an agency out there who don't have issues. Think it is time we move on to another topic. I encourage you to maintain your professionalism, PLEASE.

MOD 486