PDA

View Full Version : Next FOP meeting

03-05-2008, 09:47 PM
The next FOP meeting will be on March 10,2008 at 7 p.m. At the Marine Corp Leauge on Sunshine grove road. Meals will be served and several items will be discussed. If you need directions go to www.fop164.org (http://www.fop164.org)

Hope to see you there

03-06-2008, 01:29 AM
FOP President,

Some of us have questions regarding the collective representation process. Could you please explain a little bit of how and what we as patrol would have to do as far as having specific representation?

Some of us have never had it and know nothing of it as to benefits or percs. I hear of agencies up North and some that are way South that have it and rave about it. Hear in these parts we just not aware of what they can and can't do for us.

Is it true that things have to remain status quo? and that the Sheriff can't take away what is already in place?

03-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I would like for you to give me a call at the lodge 352-345-4142 of attend the next meeting

Thanks

Vampire Slayer Two
10-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Well to say the least I was shocked saddened and just plain livid. I found out the Florida PBA endorsed Dawsy in the citrus sheriff race. I could not believe a police union that is supposed to be in the business of protecting our law enforcement officers could do such a terrible thing. This has got to be the biggest slap in the face to every decent and hard working dues paying officer in the state of Florida by their own union. I had to try to find out why, how could this have happened? After some research I believe I have this answer. Even though Dawsy will not allow the deputies to join a union for bargaining and basic employee rights, he will allow PBA membership dues to be deducted from the deputies pay! So you can be a PBA member in name only. So it seems here that the PBA is happy with this arrangement since they are assured to get their money every month. I for one am very disappointed in the Florida PBA. :(