PDA

View Full Version : CONTRACT INFO.

03-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Did the FOP meet with the city yet? I think it was suppose to have taken place in the end of February. Has anyone heard any news???

03-05-2008, 02:13 AM
trying real hard to refrain from bashing anyone. we were spoiled when sgt lucas was fop prez. we got updates every step of the way along with a meeting every month just to discuss issues. our present prez. cant even fill one of his shoes.

too bad no one can get past his ego to suggest that to him. too bad he ran unopposed for prez.

03-05-2008, 04:15 AM
I agree with that.

EGO is his middle name.
I heard his EGO is running against him in the next election.

Soon the world will come crashing down on him. History has always shown us it always happens this way....What a shame he doesnt see it and keep that from happeneing.

He was once a good person.

03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
ENOUGH!!! This was a question about if anyone has any info on the contract, not about what our past FOP reps. have done for us. THIS IS NOT A HISTORY CLASS! Let's move on from that talk and move on to better & bigger issues, like our contract. If you don't have any info then DON"T POST anything. Act your age. P.S. If you don't like the way things are run, then when its time to vote for a new rep run against the current president. DONT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM, BE PART OF THE SOLUTION!!!

03-05-2008, 09:17 PM
There is no longer a probation and parole detail. The city canceled it due to budget cuts. The only reason I'm pointing this out is as follows: Many of "us" depend on the extra income of details to off set the rising cost of living in South Florida. Since the City Of Lauderhill has not kept our salaries competitive, "we" need to work these overtime detail's just to get by. Its not like we are using this money to make our wallets fat, we need this income to feed our kids and make our house payments (or save up to buy a home for our families for that matter). To the officers that have not left and stayed loyal to this city, my personal opinion is this, "its time for the city to show good faith on this contract or "we" need to be as loyal to the city as they have been to us." I am putting all my trust into the FOP to help us during this rough time, I can only hope they come thru. Maybe I'm wrong, but I truly believe it doesn't matter if we like each other or not. If we come together and unite as one putting our personal differences aside, its for our own betterment and we will have a chance to be great! For all of you that might not like how things are being run, come up with your own plan of action and purpose it at a meeting!

03-06-2008, 12:50 AM
ENOUGH!!! This was a question about if anyone has any info on the contract, not about what our past FOP reps. have done for us. THIS IS NOT A HISTORY CLASS! Let's move on from that talk and move on to better & bigger issues, like our contract. If you don't have any info then DON"T POST anything. Act your age. P.S. If you don't like the way things are run, then when its time to vote for a new rep run against the current president. DONT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM, BE PART OF THE SOLUTION!!!It is very relevant because the current president holds meetings bi-annually and it is leaving everyone to ask "what is going on with the contract". So if he is your drinking buddy then just pass it on that maybe he can oh, take 5 minutes out and write a letter and have vice president stick it in everyone's boxes. Just like Lucas used to do.

03-06-2008, 01:29 AM
I will ask Bigwood in rollcall in the AM to post some news if any about the contract. If he is busy I will ask him and will post it back to you guys after my shift.

03-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Oh and for anyone reading it will be on my computer at my home and not on company time!

03-06-2008, 02:08 AM
ENOUGH!!! This was a question about if anyone has any info on the contract, not about what our past FOP reps. have done for us. THIS IS NOT A HISTORY CLASS! Let's move on from that talk and move on to better & bigger issues, like our contract. If you don't have any info then DON"T POST anything. Act your age. P.S. If you don't like the way things are run, then when its time to vote for a new rep run against the current president. DONT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM, BE PART OF THE SOLUTION!!!It is very relevant because the current president holds meetings bi-annually and it is leaving everyone to ask "what is going on with the contract". So if he is your drinking buddy then just pass it on that maybe he can oh, take 5 minutes out and write a letter and have vice president stick it in everyone's boxes. Just like Lucas used to do.

Soooo Ill take it that your part of the problem since you only know how to complain and not make a difference. Your the reason things are the way they are!
P.S. It was nice of you to take the time out of your busy life to add a post with absolutely NO content at all....
Additionally to the officer from B1 who posted, I thank you for your help, please post any information that you were able to ascertain about our contract, the officer's of Lauderhill that are mature appreciate you!

03-06-2008, 02:27 AM
No problem I hope it is good news!

03-06-2008, 02:45 AM
[quote="HAPPY COP":3bqpkjsh]ENOUGH!!! This was a question about if anyone has any info on the contract, not about what our past FOP reps. have done for us. THIS IS NOT A HISTORY CLASS! Let's move on from that talk and move on to better & bigger issues, like our contract. If you don't have any info then DON"T POST anything. Act your age. P.S. If you don't like the way things are run, then when its time to vote for a new rep run against the current president. DONT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM, BE PART OF THE SOLUTION!!!It is very relevant because the current president holds meetings bi-annually and it is leaving everyone to ask "what is going on with the contract". So if he is your drinking buddy then just pass it on that maybe he can oh, take 5 minutes out and write a letter and have vice president stick it in everyone's boxes. Just like Lucas used to do.

Soooo Ill take it that your part of the problem since you only know how to complain and not make a difference. Your the reason things are the way they are!
P.S. It was nice of you to take the time out of your busy life to add a post with absolutely NO content at all....
Additionally to the officer from B1 who posted, I thank you for your help, please post any information that you were able to ascertain about our contract, the officer's of Lauderhill that are mature appreciate you![/quote:3bqpkjsh]What is your problem? You are being a hipocryte by your response. Give it a rest, I was not trying to be a part of the problem. I do not think that it is immature at all to just point out a way to keep everyone happy. I am just asking that Bigwood keep us informed like previous presidents did. A monthly memo in our boxes or a monthly meeting, thats all. You are making an issue out of nothing. Please take your pills before you go ahead and bash me, thanks. Thank you B1 for doing that for us.

03-06-2008, 03:34 AM
No problems on my side, just trying to keep this post professional and keep the B/S off. Your last post was much better, you had some suggestions that were well thought out such as "A monthly memo in our boxes or a monthly meeting". This is what we need, personal thoughts on how to improve not personal attacks like in your previous post, example " So if he is your drinking buddy" The days of our past reps are over, so lets please stop dwelling on them and move on and help our union build our future the best we can. If I remember correctly we did vote on our rep, so please, if you like or dislike him it does not matter, no personal attacks on him or anyone else. The union is more then one man (hence the word union). Our rep speaks for us on matters that "we" vote on. For once, lets stand together on this contract, its in our best interest to stand by "our union" and be as strong as we can be. If we are not happy with the results, then back to the drawing board... We are all in this together!

03-06-2008, 03:41 AM
Thank you for approving of my last post, it means alot.

03-08-2008, 02:20 AM
According to Bigwood the talks went well and that is about it. The City and FOP are doing the math but all looks positive so far nothing is on the table as of yet.

03-08-2008, 03:25 AM
Thank you and please keep us posted with any news whats-so-ever!!!

03-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Are you kidding me?

Can someone from the FOP please give us a freaken update regarding the contract. If not, guys, I think its time to get together and do a vote of no confidence with our current president. He gives us absoultely no updates and everthings a freaken secret. No one around here knows if hes helping the officers or sergeants. Every other president around here gives their guys updates regardless of where the contracts going.

03-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I second that!

03-18-2008, 01:20 AM
The Prez dosent have time for the FOP unless it helps him learn to become more like Ber.

Thats all thats on the mind of the Prez. is how to get upstairs into a vacant office. I mean after all he has been here like 12 minutes and feels that position is owed to him. Everything and veryone else is a distant second to him.

Havent you guys seen that yet? Look what he does to the poeple on his own squad. We are getting killed out here !!

03-18-2008, 05:44 AM
I agree. This guy has lost all of my respect. I initially got excited when he got promoted being that he was a REAL cop. Now, look at him. Going out of his way to find complaints on officers.

The irony is funny. The FOP president is out activily trying to get officers fired.

I say we do a vote of no confidence. Sarge, isnt it obvious that the recent blue flu's have been for you? Sad, very sad

03-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Remember when speaking to him you have to YELL because he has put himself on such a high pedestal, he can no longer here those BENEATH him!!

Amd I am not slamming him, just pointing out what he refuses to see EVERYDAY. Right Dave.

Vic Makey
03-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Stop this s_h_i_t right now! Bigwood was elected by the majority of this department to be the FOP President. When election time comes around vote for someone else if you don't like the way things are run. If you really don't like the way the FOP works then quit like I did. With all the stuff going on in the department do we really need to bash anyone else? I hope we can get past all of the negative and if you want to know what is going on with the contract ask Bigwood or Dave and demand 5 minutes for them to explain it to you.

Thanks,
Vic

03-19-2008, 07:34 PM
WHERES MY INFORMATION. I PAY $33.00 BUCKS A MONTH. DONT ASK FOR MUCH BUT JUST A LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTRACT FROM HELLLL.

PLEEEEEASE, GIVE ME INFO..

Thankyou and have a great day... 8)

03-24-2008, 08:38 PM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! IS SGT EGO GONNA TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT OUR CONTRACT OR IS IT NOT FOR US TO KNOW???

HE SUCKS

03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! IS SGT EGO GONNA TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT OUR CONTRACT OR IS IT NOT FOR US TO KNOW???

HE SUCKS
who is the pres and is bigwood the ex k9 guy??

Vic Makey
03-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Folks we are in the middle of a contract ... let's keep the business of this house inside the house.

04-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Ok, its been a while now and when someone ask the question on how the contract is going all we get is "its going well". what does that mean??? Do we have any time line as to when this will all be over? Does anyone have any info except "its going well"? Please fill us in to recent events!

04-17-2008, 09:25 PM
its going well

04-17-2008, 09:53 PM
lol...your an ass!!!

04-22-2008, 10:12 PM
any one got news???

04-23-2008, 12:02 PM
any one got news???

it's going well

04-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Dear FOP Prez....Mike Bigwood, WTF is going on with the contract??? Please fill us in with the latest!!!

04-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I asked around and someone told me that they are working out the numbers, city manager appears to be on our side and they will have something for us on 5-5-08.

04-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Just so everyone knows, Bigwood sends updates to all of us via department email which can be accessed through the PD or our MDT's.

Call Jersey and ask for your email user name and password so that you can receive such updates.

05-02-2008, 01:31 AM
lets be real....this is the only post that matters.....are mike and dave metting with the city this week..and if so, when are we going to get to see something on paper...I could care less about who is sleeping with who or who did the most or least work on there shift....I know i speak of a bunch of us who need to know whats going on with this contract cause we need to know if the city is going to take care of us or should we be looking moving on!!!

05-02-2008, 12:32 PM
lets be real....this is the only post that matters.....are mike and dave metting with the city this week..and if so, when are we going to get to see something on paper...I could care less about who is sleeping with who or who did the most or least work on there shift....I know i speak of a bunch of us who need to know whats going on with this contract cause we need to know if the city is going to take care of us or should we be looking moving on!!!

all I can tell you is that its going well

05-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Mike, Dave, sooooo how was the meeting with the city???

05-09-2008, 12:47 AM

negotiations are going well

05-09-2008, 01:21 AM

log on to the department email for information regarding the latest updates.

05-13-2008, 10:15 PM
sooo is it still going well, or is it getting better of worse!!! we whould like to be updated....p.s. I DIDNT HAVE ANY UPDATES IN MY DEPT. E-MAIL

05-13-2008, 11:17 PM
sooo is it still going well, or is it getting better of worse!!! we whould like to be updated....p.s. I DIDNT HAVE ANY UPDATES IN MY DEPT. E-MAIL

its going well...

05-30-2008, 10:36 PM
so whats new with the contract?

05-31-2008, 12:31 AM
so whats new with the contract?

WE DONT USE LEO AFFAIRS ANYMORE......

05-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Anyway, anything new with the contract? It has been a little while.

05-31-2008, 11:18 PM
Anyway, anything new with the contract? It has been a little while.

WE DONT USE LEO AFFAIRS ANYMORE.....IF YOUR A LPD COP, ASK YOUR PRESIDENT OR LOG ONTO YOUR E-MAIL. IF YOUR NOT A LPD COP, MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND GO AWAY.

WE ARE DONE WITH LEO AFFAIRS. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?

06-01-2008, 12:20 AM
I think that this is a very good idea. Quit making in-house issues known to the public and to those people who want to use that to discredit us.

Get with members of the Lauderhill Fire Department and ask them what site they use for this purpose. They set up a site that is password protected and only certain people can gain access to (fire guys only).

06-01-2008, 12:52 AM
checked my e-mail and nothing in it ref. contract.....please send a copy of any info to "all police officers" via our in house site so we can all read what ever you have in your inbox....Thank you

06-01-2008, 01:24 AM
checked my e-mail and nothing in it ref. contract.....please send a copy of any info to "all police officers" via our in house site so we can all read what ever you have in your inbox....Thank you

PICK UP YOUR CELLULAR PHONE AND CALL SGT BIGWOOD (PREZ) OR OFFICER HENNESSY TO GET THE LATEST!!!!!!!

06-13-2008, 01:44 AM
I just wanted to say I am impressed and encouraged with the "proposed contract". If we receive this contract I know I speak for a whole bunch of us in saying thank you to the City Of Lauderhill and the FOP for working together and looked out for us. I show my full support for this "proposed contact" and I hope you all have had a chance to look it over.

PS
To all of you who will criticize the contract, I know its not perfect but its a BIG step in the right direction.