PDA

View Full Version : Work day

03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Does ABT work shifts? Do agents make their own hours? Or is it a straigtht 9 to 5 w/weekends off? Is there any O/T available? Thanks.

03-02-2008, 12:29 AM
None of the above. I'm sure a more detailed response will follow.

03-02-2008, 12:59 AM
ABT's LEO's work under a system of 160 hrs within a 28 day work cycle. Included in this formular is "flex time" which means that their work schedule is flexible so as to accomodate the need to work when it is expected that the violation(s) will be taking place, e.g. gambling on a pool table (high stakes) on Friday nights. If the agent expects to work 5 or 6 hours on that date (and investigation) he (or she) might plan to work only a few hours in the office. An experienced agent can pretty much make his own schedule tailored around his assignments provided he (or she) doesn't have a micro managing supervisor. Comp time is not a problem but OT is. If within a weeks time you work an extra 8-hours you might want to take a day off so that's not a problem but at the end of the 28 day cycle you give them 160 hours. I give you this in abstract because circumstances dictate when you have to work and when you don't.

03-02-2008, 02:08 AM
ABT's LEO's work under a system of 160 hrs within a 28 day work cycle. Included in this formular is "flex time" which means that their work schedule is flexible so as to accomodate the need to work when it is expected that the violation(s) will be taking place, e.g. gambling on a pool table (high stakes) on Friday nights. If the agent expects to work 5 or 6 hours on that date (and investigation) he (or she) might plan to work only a few hours in the office. An experienced agent can pretty much make his own schedule tailored around his assignments provided he (or she) doesn't have a micro managing supervisor. Comp time is not a problem but OT is. If within a weeks time you work an extra 8-hours you might want to take a day off so that's not a problem but at the end of the 28 day cycle you give them 160 hours. I give you this in abstract because circumstances dictate when you have to work and when you don't.

Hell I've been here 3 years and the sun has never set on my ass before I hit the driveway....

03-03-2008, 03:15 PM

Hell I've been here 3 years and the sun has never set on my ass before I hit the driveway....

That's something to be proud of.

03-04-2008, 01:03 AM