PDA

View Full Version : When is the Next Rally?

03-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Obviously the city still wants to play games with our livelihoods and not negotiate seriously. I guess its time to start picketing again.

JimmyMcNulty
03-01-2008, 02:33 PM
I wonder why they won't put this sh!t sandwich in writing? They must know we'll spit it out, leaving them with only the options to come up with a better offer, or shove it down our throats. I can't understand these commissioners and city managers: They know what we are asking for is reasonable. For pete's sake, they're running this city at over a $50 million profit!!! Municipal governments exist to provide services, not make money. I'm sure if you ask city tax payers if they would rather see surplus funds used to hire more cops or sit in a savings account, they'd put their safety first.

Will the commission actually allow the safety net of the city to crumble in their last term purely out of spite? Someone, please tell me there's another reason. Until I hear one, I have to urge you all to do what's right and continue the fight.

03-01-2008, 07:47 PM
I recently spoke to a retired Officer (Brass) and let me share with you, brothers and sisters what he said cause it made sense: "I know you guys (Officers) are frustrated but remember that BSO had to put up with Ken Jeanne for 9 years and now look at where he is (Federal Prison). It's only a matter of time before these CRIMINALS running the City share the same fate and are fired or better yet brought out for all to see in handcuffs federally indited. Be strong and protect each other."
We can only hope and pray for this day to come soon because I can see our stress levels soaring. I, like you, fellow Officers cant stand to come to work anymore and its sad cause I love being a cop! 10 and OUT!!!! The grass has got to be greener on the other side!!