PDA

View Full Version : hiring

hootie78
03-01-2008, 05:51 AM
are you guys hiring

03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Yes We are. Hurry, we promise low pay, low morale, scars on your backside from all the knives and a lesson on what it means to work amoungst tatel tales. 96% of us are out of shape and we all live in a happy place called "I AM SOMEBODY, REALLY" RIGHT???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

03-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Decent starting salary, good working environment, with weak... if any raises. There is a lack of senior officers and a lot of immaturity. Expectations of officer pro-activity is on an expected level higher than the campus work envrionment, especially for the pay, and it seems to be getting worse with a dwindling work force.

03-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Don't bother.

03-07-2008, 01:17 AM
SEE ME ACT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bTnpoTWIvk

03-07-2008, 02:17 AM
[/url]http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.randymantooth.com/30anniv/images/51sm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.randymantooth.com/30anniv/new.html&h=436&w=539&sz=27&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=Bwn78A2dWUypKM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=132&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsquad%2B51%2522%2Bchet%2Bhammer%26um% 3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLR

03-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Are you guys affected by the state hiring freeze going on now? I.e. FHP/doc/fwc are not hiring until July.
I would like to apply once you start hiring again.

03-27-2008, 11:10 PM
WE ARE HIRING....COME APPLY !!!

03-29-2008, 08:59 PM
If you worked at another agency with a lot of experience do you still start at the bottom pay scale or do they have a sliding scale for experience ? Also 4 year degree any extra pay ? Is there a lot of off duty or extra detail work ?

03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Yes, you start at bottom, and there is no pay scale. A weak 1.5%- 3% (if you're lucky that year) raise given by the state (same raise custodians and all other non professional state jobs get). Not a bad job as a supplement to a retiree salary though.

03-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Yes, you get an extra $80 a month for having a 4 year degree. You can max this out to $130 a month if you take some academy classes once you make it through FTO. In a 30 year career, that comes to an extra $46,800. Invest it wisely, and it can turn into a nice little nest egg for you.

03-30-2008, 01:43 AM
whats the typical hiring time on a certifed LEO. It seems other cities and the State takes its sweet time. Is the typical hiring routine.. application, background, psych, physical.. what else ?
No take home cars right ? Any other info would be appreciated. I am not from this area. Thanks Guys..

03-30-2008, 03:12 AM
Yes, same as eveywhere else. No take home cars, but it's not a dead issue. Might come up again once these budget cuts are resolved.

04-24-2008, 12:24 PM
How many on a shift ? I was told you have 4 shifts? Also is all equipment paid for except shoes. Any other reliable info would be appreciated. How many in your investiagtions unit ? I was looking for a org chart but could not find one on the website. Also what is the time line once the application has been received?

04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
so are you guys hring or not and whats the real story with staff are they okay ? How much OT can you work ?

04-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Yes we are always hiring. Its more of a revolving door but we do have a good core group.

The process typically takes less than 8 weeks from start to finish, much quicker than most agencies.

We are on a 12hr shift:

- 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off.

Benefits (health, retirement, dental) are pretty good.

No take homes, decent uniform allowance, good equipment and the work load is what you make of it.

Overtime is usually available but you will need to be off of FTO to sign up.

Canidates are interviewed a few times a week. Go to the USFPD website and read through the info. There is an ap there that needs to be turned in to get the ball rolling.

It would be a good idea to know a little about the agency and surrounding area prior to your oral board and dont be a yahoo and forget a decent suit.

Good luck.

04-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Great info.. thanks for the reply. I am not from that area, but have family who live there and have visited the area frequently ! I have looked for crime stats in the area but hard to find! I see the area "south" near Bush Gardens.. is "interesting" to say the least! Now I here the area north is hot.. any websites that you can direct me too.. that I can look at the crime stats and projections ? Any other tips would be helpful ref the interview and process ... Thanks again!

04-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Why is your handle Cnl leo? You'll have to go through the florida law enforcment academy anyways. Take on that before you start running crime statistics.

04-29-2008, 03:27 AM
another screwball for interviews......arg.....when does it end? Is every screwball around appyling? geez...there are some preferences...but, it's not even being met!

04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Already certified, served more time doing major crimes and cases than you will ever know.. thanks smart ass.. handful of rude smart ass cops everywhere ! You had to ruin a good post!

04-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Living and working it. We ALWAYS need a few good men (and women). We already have too few! The "politics" in this agency is considerably worse than in most, unfortunately. :(

04-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Something I have learned over my career. Attitude is everything, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Whats important is your family, having fun, and doing your job correctly everyday. We, the line people can not stop politics, it is.. what it is. Just need to work for better benefits for all and our future. Its better to be at peace with admin... than always fighting.. some of us no longer want to work gangs, murders, drive bys daily, etc. and call outs every week!

04-30-2008, 06:33 AM
No raise for 2 years now, a Chief that is more intersted in padding his own stats w/ DUI's and the "TRT" team. We are LAST place in Tampa Bay. Way to go Longo. You, 02, and 03 all have take homes.... that's over 250k a year in pay... Just like Bush, rich get richer, poor get pooer. I'll be the one paying 300 a year in parking with out an assigned parking space.

04-30-2008, 03:18 PM
No new contract until 2010 and even then we will have to beg for any sort of raise. With the cost of living increasing each day, this place is NOT the place to be.

The parking fee alone will eat up any raise or bonus we just gained.

04-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Let me get this straight, LEO's have to pay to park at USF? You have got to be kidding! Other institutions have secured LEO parking, free meals while at work and 75% to free tuition for you and your immediate family! What else arent they telling me?

04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
ALOT!!!!!

04-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Parking fees WILL be going up and YOU MUST purchase a parking permit to park anyhere in the University INCLUDING the lot in front of the station.

There are no secure parking areas for Officers.

The other post is correct. USF gave most of us a non pension "bonus". The new people actually got a raise but that will have to hold them till 2010 until we can all address money issues again.

There are "re-openers" in the contract before 2010, but based on how we have been treated before by the University, we do not expect ANY pay increase's till at least 2010.

The increase's and the bonus money still HAS NOT addressed the fact that people are still leaving this agency for better pay. The revolving door still spins freely here.

The new Police Building has been pushed so far back on USF's list of things to do, all of us will never be here long enough to see it. But wait we have new dirt for our parking lot.

Our dispatch center will become a den of confusion as they plan to dispatch parking services, security guards, police, answer 911 and parking services requests, and monitor all those radio channels. Not a thought has been given about officer safety.

USF seems to have a "lets do it and see what happens" way of looking at things.

04-30-2008, 08:10 PM
All is well for the azz kissers looking for promotions :wink: :wink: :wink:

04-30-2008, 10:28 PM
So, I guess your union is powerless? It seems you would have many things to negotiate, Pay..OT pay included in pensionable items, parking fee waiver for work issues, paid schooling etc. .So whats up with them ? Someone has to realize if the turnover rate is high it does no one any good..and a real waste of USF money. Has the union done a comparative study of other State Universities PO's and Pay, benefits, etc?

05-01-2008, 12:41 AM
USF's position on things is that they can't give the Police a break on parking because they say that other Employees will demand the same for themselves.

We are lumped in with all other staff when it comes to anything here. The Union IS POWERLESS.

05-01-2008, 12:54 AM
So, I guess your union is powerless? It seems you would have many things to negotiate, Pay..OT pay included in pensionable items, parking fee waiver for work issues, paid schooling etc. .So whats up with them ? Someone has to realize if the turnover rate is high it does no one any good..and a real waste of USF money. Has the union done a comparative study of other State Universities PO's and Pay, benefits, etc?

Every single one of those things you posted about have been brought up but USF didnt budge 1 inch on anything. We were Forced to take this last offer. We were told again and again that there was no better offer. USF does not care that we are a revolving door. It actually saves them money by having new, low pay officers as the majority!! USF claimed poverty during negotiations yet pulled $1.2 mil out of air for Golf cart riding useless security Guards and then hired a Security Administrator with a VP title who comes up with a bunch of half-witted ideas every couple of weeks.

Until something happens here you will never see change. Of course we will be dragged through the mud first. But until then we will be lumped in with the janitors and the landscapers when it comes to fighting for a wage

05-01-2008, 01:10 AM
The hiring of security guards was the ultimate slap in the face, even cost more then what the PD needed. I've always heard they can't do this and they can't do that.., but from my experience no matter what it involves, even if a union is involved...it only takes the sweep of pen to change things and get things done the way ''they'' want things done. On almost any situation. Union or no Union. These things considered, it will always be a revolving door here at the UP.

05-05-2008, 06:13 PM
are you hiring ? Also how long does it take to get on once interviewed?

05-05-2008, 06:38 PM
are you hiring ? Also how long does it take to get on once interviewed?

O' BOY :roll: NOTHING LIKE WALKING IN ON A MIDDLE OF A CONVERSATION.

Please read back on this topic.

05-31-2008, 09:40 PM
So are you hiring or not?

06-01-2008, 03:24 PM
:lol: MEG, HIRE THIS ONE IT WILL BOLSTER YOUR ALREADY, LACKING TROOPS. HIS/HER INTELLIGENCE IS SO OBVIOUS.................PLEASE FOR ALL OF US AT USF; DON'T LET THIS FINE PROSPECT SLIP THROUGH THE CRACKS :lol: :lol: :lol:

06-01-2008, 04:39 PM
So are you hiring or not?

I bet if you call the office they'll tell you :lol:

06-03-2008, 02:21 PM
:lol: MEG, HIRE THIS ONE IT WILL BOLSTER YOUR ALREADY, LACKING TROOPS. HIS/HER INTELLIGENCE IS SO OBVIOUS.................PLEASE FOR ALL OF US AT USF; DON'T LET THIS FINE PROSPECT SLIP THROUGH THE CRACKS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey you should be working on getting those tapes that show us in a bad light. Come big guy put up or shut up time. Let see them!!!!

Whats that I hear???? hmmmm ...crickets