PDA

View Full Version : Davie Explorers

02-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Any potential?

02-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Any potential?

Any potential what? Listen, kids. Nobody cares about you. Any potential that you think you may have is unrecognizable to the cops. In our opinion, you have no souls.

02-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow. That was totally uncalled for.

02-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Wow. That was totally uncalled for.

I was clearly joking.

02-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Can I do a ride along?

02-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Chance Ransom has potential

02-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Any potential?

So you kids want to know if you have the potential to be Wingmen? Why not ask Chance Ransom?

03-10-2008, 09:57 PM
I was a police explorer with Miami Dade PD. Post 513. Kid, don't give up hope or your dreams. If I can do it, so can you. Stay in school and stay out of trouble. Learn as much as you can and stay focused. Before you know it you will accomplish what you want in life.

Good Luck

03-10-2008, 11:40 PM
I was a police explorer with Miami Dade PD. Post 513. Kid, don't give up hope or your dreams. If I can do it, so can you. Stay in school and stay out of trouble. Learn as much as you can and stay focused. Before you know it you will accomplish what you want in life.

Good Luck

I know that this seems like good advice on the face of things, but I'd like to alter it a bit. Go out and have a little fun. You should get in a little trouble. It makes you understand that you aren't God when you are on the other end dealing out the justice. Keep up your education, but remember that craftiness will often take you just as far. Besides, school is a great place to meet women. Also, you can be the greatest cop in the world and no one will remember your name once you are gone. Go out and grab the glory now. Fortune favors the bold. Also, don't just look up to Chance Ransom. Be Chance Ransom.

03-11-2008, 04:58 AM
[quote="BSO 21 Year Vet":3k3eiuye]I was a police explorer with Miami Dade PD. Post 513. Kid, don't give up hope or your dreams. If I can do it, so can you. Stay in school and stay out of trouble. Learn as much as you can and stay focused. Before you know it you will accomplish what you want in life.

Good Luck

I know that this seems like good advice on the face of things, but I'd like to alter it a bit. Go out and have a little fun. You should get in a little trouble. It makes you understand that you aren't God when you are on the other end dealing out the justice. Keep up your education, but remember that craftiness will often take you just as far. Besides, school is a great place to meet women. Also, you can be the greatest cop in the world and no one will remember your name once you are gone. Go out and grab the glory now. Fortune favors the bold. Also, don't just look up to Chance Ransom. Be Chance Ransom.[/quote:3k3eiuye]

Pretty true words, I was in the same boat myself and it seemed like I would never get to where I wanted to be. This job is fun but not your life and don't make it that way. College was a awesome place for me, I got alot out...

03-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Any potential?

Any potential what? Listen, kids. Nobody cares about you. Any potential that you think you may have is unrecognizable to the cops. In our opinion, you have no souls.

Hey I was an explorer before I became a police officer and that programs taught me things the academy coudn't . So lets not put our explorers down because some of our kids are even better then the officers the department hires hell they're even better than some of the officers who have been with us for over 5 yrs. look at that one girl who's been with us for like 5 yrs already and became their captain she's actually a good observer and very hands on, knows her shit pretty well, I commend they're advisors in our department for taking the time to teach them so well. so lets not degrade them by telling them they have no potential HARSH REALITY because in the future they just might be the back up you need to save your fat ass one day.

03-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Any potential?

Hey I was an explorer before I became a police officer and that programs taught me things the academy coudn't . So lets not put our explorers down because some of our kids are even better then the officers the department hires hell they're even better than some of the officers who have been with us for over 5 yrs. look at that one girl who's been with us for like 5 yrs already and became their captain she's actually a good observer and very hands on, knows her shit pretty well, I commend they're advisors in our department for taking the time to teach them so well. so lets not degrade them by telling them they have no potential HARSH REALITY because in the future they just might be the back up you need to save your fat ass one day.

03-18-2008, 04:58 PM
College was a awesome place for me, I got alot out...

This has GOT to be one of my favorite quotes that I've ever read on here... Obviously college did not teach you that "A LOT" is two words.... Oh, and "I got a lot out" doesn't make sense at all...

03-18-2008, 05:02 PM
became their captain she's actually a good observer and very hands on, knows her shizzat pretty well, I commend they're advisors in our department for taking the time to teach them so well. so lets not degrade them by telling them they have no potential HARSH REALITY because in the future they just might be the back up you need to save your fat ass one day.

PLEASE tell me this is a joke... a HANDS ON Explorer??? WTF is that supposed to mean??? PLEASE tell me that the people that take the explorers on ride alongs don't actually let them get involved in police work. They are OBSERVERS. If they get HANDS ON, then there is a HUGE problem.

They are kids. They have not been to the police academy, they have never been taught how to do real police work. For you to compare their skill levels to some of our certified police officers is about the most absurd thing I've ever heard. No one is saying to degrade them, but let's keep a BIT of reality in this discussion, please.

I'm betting that this post was written by an explorer or one of the advisors...

03-18-2008, 10:09 PM
I actually like our explorers. So much so that I often joke with them when I see them. This should give them a big clue as to who this is. My first post was supposed to be a really harsh joke. Telling them that they have no souls was supposed to let people know that it couldn't be serious.

What is not a joke is illiteracy. Guest637, you really need to learn to cut and paste your work on Microsoft Word. It wont pick up everything, but you can at least clean it up a bit. Life is not a damned text message.

Here are some things that Chance Ransom never uses under any circumstance:

"u" for "you"
"r" for "are"
"4" for "for"
"2" for "to" or "too," in fact, not "two" either. Numbers lower than ten should be written out.
The letter "d" instead of "th"

This sentence is unacceptable rot: "R dey going 2 da mall 4 u 2?"

Remember: Write it out, kids. Give a hoot. Don't be and idiot.

03-18-2008, 11:01 PM
I actually like our explorers. So much so that I often joke with them when I see them. This should give them a big clue as to who this is. My first post was supposed to be a really harsh joke. Telling them that they have no souls was supposed to let people know that it couldn't be serious.

What is not a joke is illiteracy. Guest637, you really need to learn to cut and paste your work on Microsoft Word. It wont pick up everything, but you can at least clean it up a bit. Life is not a damned text message.

Here are some things that Chance Ransom never uses under any circumstance:

"u" for "you"
"r" for "are"
"4" for "for"
"2" for "to" or "too," in fact, not "two" either. Numbers lower than ten should be written out.
The letter "d" instead of "th"

This sentence is unacceptable rot: "R dey going 2 da mall 4 u 2?"

Remember: Write it out, kids. Give a hoot. Don't be and idiot.

Must be Lance Seltzer.

If not, thanks for the tips.

03-19-2008, 07:12 AM
College was a awesome place for me, I got alot out...

This has GOT to be one of my favorite quotes that I've ever read on here... Obviously college did not teach you that "A LOT" is two words.... Oh, and "I got a lot out" doesn't make sense at all...

Go swallow a knife. Someone obviously missed a hug or two in their childhood.

03-19-2008, 05:51 PM

No, I was hugged a lot as a child. I also paid attention in college English. But I don't brag about being a college graduate and then turn around and write like a second grader.

Oh, and it should be "a hug or two in his or her childhood." "Their" is improper there.

Since someone stole my username, I can no longer post as myself. Can you guess who I am?

Resume the nonsense.

03-19-2008, 06:43 PM

No, I was hugged a lot as a child. I also paid attention in college English. But I don't brag about being a college graduate and then turn around and write like a second grader.

Oh, and it should be "a hug or two in his or her childhood." "Their" is improper there.

Since someone stole my username, I can no longer post as myself. Can you guess who I am?

Resume the nonsense.

You are definitely not the infamous "English 101". "Their" was properly used as it shows ownership. "There" childhood would make no sense. Also, "English 101" ends with "resume your nonsense" not "resume the nonsense". Nice try "College Graduate".

03-19-2008, 08:52 PM

Resume the nonsense.

You are definitely not the infamous "English 101". "Their" was properly used as it shows ownership. "There" childhood would make no sense. Also, "English 101" ends with "resume your nonsense" not "resume the nonsense". Nice try "College Graduate".

Hey Sherlock, he meant "their" should have been "his or her" not that the other "there" should have been used.

03-20-2008, 02:48 PM

Do me a favor, look above and re-read my post. I did NOT state that you should have written "there" instead of "their." I wrote that you should have written "his or her" instead of "their."

When you refer to a single person (i.e. SOMEONE MISSED A HUG...), you need to stick with the singular form of future pronouns in that sentence. When you start by referring to a single person, then switch and refer to multiple persons (THEIR) in the same sentence, it is grammatically incorrect. So once again, your sentence should have read "SOMEONE OBVIOULSY MISSED A HUG OR TWO HIS HIS OR HER CHILDHOOD."

Apparently reading comprehension AND spelling/grammar are not your strong points...

I know this is taking up valuable bashing and insulting time, so I will allow you to return to your regularly scheduled nonsense.

03-20-2008, 03:46 PM
The guy claiming to be English101 is correct. You can't start out with "someone" and then get all plural on our ass. With all that is going on in this place, why are you discussing grammatical inconsistencies? You should be talking about Chance Ransom. Let's grow up and resume our fanatical hero worship of this icon.