PDA

View Full Version : Let's vote for the guy who will stand up for us!

02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
I'll be voting in the future for someone who will be fighting their men and women! Sorry, I am not a yes man. May the best man win.

03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I want to vote for: None of the Above! :snicker:

03-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Good point

03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey, Deppy and Guest
Why don't you just say who you are for or who you are against. I will say that Hall must go. He is the Bill Clinton of Yoki-Doki politics. Walks into any venue tells them what they want to hear then does nothing to make sure it happens.
Just look at the ethical people he brought from Escambia, one couldn't put the bottle down before driving and the other couldn't stay away from a women within his own chain of command.
Time for a change. Be-Gone.

03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I agree. The one that likes women under his chain of command, old news. I say big deal. The one that got the DUI, older news. For that Hall must go right? What has he made happen? When he took office, starters were making 22,000 a year. Now what are they making? Everyone drove old cars with 200,000 miles. What did he do about that? The computers were old and out date. Hello? He even got rid of that bunch of IT people who thought they owned the sheriff's office. All the deputies that got the boot, most of them lied in their IA, including a former IA man. When the budget began to feel the wrath he had to let some civillians go and spared the guys and gals on the road. When he took office he did away with officers requiring stats. Do we agree with everything about his admin? No its not perfect but at least he has done more for this agency than his predecessors. What will Van Camp do? What will Randle do? What will Roper do? Oh, the Sheriff doesnt have anything on his website? His record speaks for itself. I am for Hall. I am not a yes man, not a supervisor, not an FTO, I dont at or around the main office, I never see him in fact. I am for Hall for what he has done for this agency, for me and my fellow officers. If you want to vote for one of the other guys, thats your business. Frankly I don't give a @#$%. If it is that bad you can go across the river andask Ronnie Mac for a job, but then you'll probably dog him too. For those running smack about the admin, the last I checked the admin does not party or dance everytime someone gets into trouble. If they do their job, fine with me. Concern yourself with doing your job.

03-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Mr Dep

Bringing those people from Escambia and making them Major's in this administration demonstrates the current Sheriff is not a good judge of character. He is just one to promote his GOOD-OL-BOYS to positions above their level of capability. Lets not even talk about the other GOOD-OL-BOY already in the agency that Hall promoted to Major.
Hall has done very little to improve Santa Rosa's Law Enforcement capability. Most of the leaps made by the agency were made by Sheriff Brown's administration. There have been no capital imporvements at the agency since Hall has been in office (just stucco on protable buildings). I am sorry, there was the new D-2 office. It came complete with a mud parking lot.
If you can tell me what he ahs done, I will listen. Again, what are the agency's long term initiatives under Hall? There are none because he has no vision for the agency.
I have enjoyed my time at Santa Rosa, why would I want to go"across the River" when the only thing Santa Rosa needs is new leadership.
I endorse no candidate in this race. In my very informed opinion, I would have to say any of the other candidates would be a better "leader" than the current Sheriff. Be-gone

03-08-2008, 02:45 AM
I want to vote for: None of the Above! :snicker:

Then don't vote BOZO!

03-08-2008, 11:42 PM
The one major brought over from ECSO was one they WANTED to be RID OF! At least our home grown version has actual road and detective experience, so who's right and who's wrong?

03-09-2008, 02:39 AM
The one major brought over from ECSO was one they WANTED to be RID OF! At least our home grown version has actual road and detective experience, so who's right and who's wrong?

Can you please tell us just when that "road" experience was? Or are you counting driving between the house and the office? :roll:

03-09-2008, 11:22 AM
What a joke

03-09-2008, 02:59 PM

The one he broght over wasn't a Major at Escambia, he was a Sgt. Hall made him a Major when he hired him.

03-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Well at least ours is full grown so you need to throw yours back and let em get a little bigger or the FWC will get ya!

03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
All these posts are not going to mean anything unless Van Camps gets out there and do his politcal stuff.

03-12-2008, 09:52 PM
My vote is for Van Camp. Hall and is entourage has worn out their welcome. As long as the current admin is there this agecny will never change.

03-15-2008, 10:25 PM
The problem I have with Van Camp being Sheriff is he has never had any supervisor experience. He has never dealt with a budget. How can he be a good leader when he has never lead anyone. I would much rather have someone in office who has been a supervisor at least a Sergeant I would feel better supporting. I can't vote for Van Camp due to his lack of leadership experience.
He can say he is going to get raises, change the cars..and everything else, but where is the money goingto come from? The county claims they don't have any and want to cut budgets. Where is someone who has never managed a budget going to come in a give raises and new cars.

It is not going to happen and if you believe Van Camp will then it is a sad day.

DDG
03-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Dear Voter: The Sheriff does not personally balance the budget; he hires people that are experts to do it. The Sheriff doesn’t have to be a supervisor; he delegates the authority to others to do it. However, the Sheriff is held accountable. Jeff is smart guy, and I’m sure that the person that he appoints in his admin will be people that have the experience. Sheriffs don’t supervise, they appoint supervisors and he is held with his feet to the fire by the public... the real question to ask in this race is "How will the county be better served?"

Being a Major doesn’t give you anymore experience to run a Sheriffs Office than being a Master Deputy. It’s all about the Inner circle and the levels of competence and INTEGRITY that is with-in that circle. Therefore my vote is with Van Camp... The money is there, its called "essential services"... call Tallahassee and ask what that means... the Sheriff gets his budget passed by the BOCC and if they cut his budget, he appeals it, know this, that "essential services" cannot be cut from a budget... if the union has a binding contract with the Sheriff, that gives a step increase in pay then it MUST be funded by the county commisioners... and if they dont, then Tallahassee steps in and makes the BOCC fund it.

Voter, you should look more into who has the intestinal fortitude to stand up for the Deputies and the citizens in this county. Its time to get this county back to where it needs to be.. experience means little to me, having a brain and balls mean so much more than what any Inbred Brain Dead spinless sheriff with "leadership" experience could bring... under your standard ,Ronnie Mac would be the "Best" canidate for the job... he has the experience!!! Look where that got Escambia...

Optimus Prime
03-16-2008, 01:24 AM
I could not have said it better myself DDG. Hall's time is over and it’s time for someone to make some much needed changes in this department and that’s why I will be voting for Jeff Van Camp.

03-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Quick followup on DDG's post.
Jeff has financial mgmt experience. If I remember correctly, he was president of the FL Crimestoppers back around 2004-2006?
Managed the budget, worked w/the attorney general and all of that?

One of the constants is that patrol deputies want somebody who understands the day-in-day-out part of the job.. Then people post who complain that a patrol deputy isn't qualified to be sheriff.
what do you want?
jeff has management experience, leadership experience, patrol experience (currently doing patrol).

i'd rather have a guy running the shop who knows how things work and then surrounds himself with people who are smart enough to fill in the gaps and also have the backbone to use the word "NO" than a guy who just wants to hear "yes" and just fills slots based on who has the nicest boat.

jeff has my vote because he doesn't want yes-men as his advisers.

03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
I have to agree with J5. The problem we have now is the admin that has no patrol experence or make bonehead decisions. The Impalas are a good example. Space for on deputy is highly restricted but put two in the car (as FTO's/ trainees, etc) the space os so tight and the computers really are laptops. The crown vics have had some serious wrecks in which most of the deputies were able to walk away. Wreck an Impala, especially with two in the car we may see some serious bodily injuries or fatalities. Does LB have to drive on or ride on one everyday? No. I would like to see him do that for 1o plus hours. If the Impalas are so great why don't the Sheriff get one for himself. What about Collier and the other guys? Too big to drive an Impalas or just too special or high up? Jeff wants to change all that.

03-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Jeff has management and leadership experience, I guess when you manage yourself that should count for something...........

03-18-2008, 12:33 PM
You think Van Camp is qualified to manage a an agency, much less a budget because he ran Crimestoppers for a number of years? Is that really your BEST argument for him? Is that the keystone of his claim to management experience? What other administrative/management training and experience does he have?

I'm not trying to bash the guy, for personally I think he's a great guy and I'm sure he has the best of intentions. But honestly, he hasn't ever managed an agency. Kudos to him for doing a good job with Crimestoppers, but come on, really. As far as I know, the only two guys running that have ran an agency are Hall and Randle.

I like all the guys in the race personally. But I simply don't think you can say that a guy who's never made rank, never managed even a patrol shift, never ran an agency or even been in the top administration in one, can be qualified over all other competition just because he ran Crimestoppers.

03-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Guest, being the Deputy Chief of Gulf Breeze gives randle the power of being a Sgt at a real agency, come on??

ok, he has more supervisor experience, your right, look what he does with it. He puts civilians in patrol cars... that's real bright... he runs massive speed traps and gets gulf breeze on the AAA web site as just such. He RATS out cops for 'speeding' after their Sgt already took care of it, a verbal warning wasn't enough for him.... not to mention what he did in narcotics back in the 80'S??? it made the paper! look it up!!!

Guest, your boy Randle and all his great experience isn't what we need, we need some one that is all for the Deputies and the Citizens of this ever expanding county... spare me the qualifications of Randle, old farts driving marked cruisers, being a rat, and back to the Jerry Brown days of traffic do not excite us over here. Plus, if one didn't know any better, I don't think Randle will even be able to pull the gulf Breeze vote. does he even have signs? i'd save my money if I was him...

03-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt it a conflict of interest for the sheriff's wife to be selling nextels to the agency? LB, who should be getting new cars out, is replacing nextels. Its also ironic the SO is no longer using USA digital and went elsewhere, just so happens the sheriff's wife works at the new place. Someone needs to look into this if the sheriff is using his postion for personal gain

03-19-2008, 12:55 PM
That seems to be pretty ballsey of the sheriff. That may be some violation of using his position for personal gain even if his wife is selling the Nextel phones to the sheriff's office. Or better yet for the sheriff's office to use the retail store his wife works for. They quit using USA Digital. We all know he had some influence on that. Even if he didnt he should have said no. Perhaps the PNJ should be made aware of it.

03-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Guest.
I guess Jeff being president of FL crimestoppers, working with the attorney general's office, managing the budget of FL crimestoppers, etc isn't quite enough?
Fine.
Then answer this question. Would you rather have a sheriff who will pick people to work with him that are highly qualified and will help fight for the department as a whole or have a sheriff who will pick people to work with him based on their boats or their ability to suck up?

Leadership and experience are about doing things right.

The absolute best managers are people who believe in what they are doing, are willing to lead, and are willing to take the lumps if they are wrong. The best managers also LISTEN to what they are being told and accept that they aren't always right. From what I can see, Jeff is surrounding himself with people that vary in opinions and background but aren't afraid to tell him "NO". And the best part is, the feedback i've gotten, is that Jeff actually listens to them and makes his decisions utilizing that feedback.

If that isn't management, what is?

03-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Well we can start a Randle vs. Van Camp post if you want. My point is Randle has real administrative/management experience. He's a college graduate, almost finished his masters, attended many management courses like the FBI National Academy, florida leadership courses, and others.

You can downplay the size of the gulf breeze PD because its small... sure, it is. But in a smaller agency, much more responsibility and decision making rests upon the shoulders of someone in Randle's shoes. At least he's been in the position to oversee a budget, make decisions based upon said budget, and handle the day to day personnel and management issues as they arise.

Van Camp can surround himself with the brightest people in the world, telling what decisions to make, but if you don't have the common sense to walk and chew gum at the same time, what good does it do you? In that case, I would hope he surroudns himself with as many people to make the decisions for him.

03-19-2008, 07:55 PM
j5, forgive me... but besides heading up crimestoppers, what management, administrative, and budget experience does Jeff have? All I ever hear about is him heading up crimestoppers... but what OTHER experience does he have? doesn't crimestoppers have a civilian oversight board too? I mean, yeah he did a great job at it, i'll give him that. but what OTHER REAL management, administrative, and budget experience does he have? I would like to know...

03-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Major SC and Major WS (jail) were both in the FBi Academy. The are both majors. Neither one knows their left from right, they are not leaders and they are Major suck ups. Randle may have some administrative qualities but what we need is someone who will clean house and get this department back where it was before 2004.

03-19-2008, 08:53 PM
SRSO needs a leader. It is obvious that everyone has their own opinion about who that would be. There are no leadership qualities of the person holding office now. So, it appears to be time for us to rally around someone else. Being a manager is not being a leader. Good leaders surround themselves with good managers, ones that listen-evaluate-decide-act (in that order). It has been so long since anyone has observed that type of leadership at SRSO. Set your petty differences aside and talk about leadership, not management. A goat farmer from D5 would be better a better leader that what we have now.

03-19-2008, 09:21 PM
guest.
jeff is a college grad.
do research before you do your negative posts.
as far as the other issues you have?
ASK HIM.
His phone number is on his website. My gosh, that is how I started learning and then using google to find out more.
Every single post of yours denigrates patrol officers as being incapable of management.
I personally find that to be offensive.

Based on your posts, a patrol officer is incapable of leadership and management? Even with a 4yr degree and 22 yrs experience? President of crimestoppers?

Just want to be sure. I obviously don't agree w/the qualifications.

03-19-2008, 09:33 PM
i was responding to "guest" a few posts back that referenced j5.
sorry, too many guests...

03-20-2008, 12:48 PM
j5,

So then you can't name any other management/administrative/budget responsibilities he's had?

He's been a 22 year deputy that was president of a non-profit organization during that time. Nice. Thats what I thought. Just making sure.

The things listed on his website just shows him to be a football player, wrestler, police officer, sheriff's deputy, and head of crimestoppers for a few years.

Since you know so much about him, I'll ask again. Besides heading up crimestoppers for a few years, what other management/administrative/budget experience does Van Camp have?

03-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Guest.
To get answers to your questions, why don't you just CALL Jeff and ask?
I read his website, I google things, I research. I also CALL and ask questions. I don't know the answer to your question.

Or, is your motivation to denigrate the man because you are a rabid supporter of one of the other candidates and you quite frankly don't care what the answer is, you simply want to pick away?

Would you prefer the CEO of a small corporation to run instead? Then you would be screaming that he had no law enforcement background! Maybe draft Quint Studer into the race?

If you go back thru my various posts in these topics, you will see I have never once said anything negative or questioned the qualifications of any other candidate. I have simply offered my opinion about the candidate that I obviously support.

What I want is an LEO that not only shows respect for both deputies and citizens, but works hard to EARN respect. Jeff is that guy as far as I'm concerned.

Again, if you have a specific issue, CALL him and ask him about it. I can't answer for him because I don't read minds.

03-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Van Camp is by far the best choice. At least he is out on a campaign trail, unlike the other candidates. Some are looking for that big salary while Van Camp is is out to make improvements. He'll whip this agecny back into shape. Wendell has alienated himself by not talking on the radio, strutting himself as the big boss, etc. Randle is a good guy but he is known to have a @#$% list. Roper is a good guy but he is not taking his own campaign very seriously, just like the last time. Van Camp is out talking to people, getting a feel for what is wrong so he can make them right.

03-20-2008, 03:45 PM
The Santa Rosa Sheriff's Office for the past 7 years has been a "country club" for the sheriff. He is grown into a power hungry fanatic who thinks appearence outwieghs performance. His wife sells nextels to the department. What is wrong with this picture?

03-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Florida Has Lowest Paid State Employees

A report from the Pew Center says Florida ranks last on salaries for state employees..... And there's little hope for a pay raise this year as state lawmakers slash budgets because of the slumping economy.

This year... Governor Charlie Crist *is recommending pay raises for people in critical, high-turnover jobs.

* Once again we need someone who will STAND UP for us and fight our commissioners Goodin, Cole and Broxson etc.

03-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I wish Sheriff Hall had his balls.....Hall has said numerous times that he will not lay off deputies. What he is hoping for is that the low pay and low moral will force more deputies to leave. SRC is already down more than 10 deputies and their department is one of the lowest paid Sheriff's Department in the State.

The above if from anothe site, how true!

03-23-2008, 09:23 PM
He is making Lt JK, who is known to be a bigger jackass than Robbie W., Lt in charge of fleet. Since he treats everyone like @#$% dont expect do get a new car. He'll make sure his stroking buddies are set up but not us.

03-23-2008, 09:26 PM
In my above post I said Jack A-s-s not arse. I'm not from Scotland

03-24-2008, 02:07 PM
j5, You seem to know so much about him, but you go back to the old "call him yourself and ask" routine because you can't answer the question.

The fact is, beyond running crimestoppers for a few years, and yes he did a good job at it, Van Camp has no other management/administrative/budget experience.

Do I support another candidate, obviously yes. Why? Because Randle is clearly more qualified to run an agency than is Van Camp.

Van Camp is a nice guy. I like him, people like, deputies like him. But I don't want a hug from my sheriff. I want someone who can walk into that agency and has the knowledge, training, education, and experience to run it the way it should be run. I want someone who's been around the as a member of the FOP for 25+ years. I want someone who's come up through the ranks and experienced life as a low level LEO, moving up through management. I want someone who's managed a budget before, who's made tough personnel decisions, who knows what its like to hire and fire people.

The next Sheriff of Santa Rosa County is going to be facing some very tough challenges. I don't want a Sheriff that's going to need on-the-job admin/management/budget training. I deserve a Sheriff who will know from day one how to do it.

DDG
03-24-2008, 02:49 PM
What Deputies like Randle??? i`d like to see that... he needs to just retire and save his money... he cant even pull his own back yard... this is an ELECTION... not an APPOINTMENT. If Randle was running for a Police Cheif Job, sure he looks great on paper... but just like the NFL draft, some people look great on paper, hiesman trophy all that, get them in the game and its fumble time...and out they go.

say didnt he get passed over for Cheif of his own department?... hmmm FBI academy training really paid off.

03-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Why aint there any Wendell Hall for Sheriff signs? is is not running?

03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Gosh DDG you are bitter! And it's spelled "Chief", not "Cheif". But you knew that, right? Just seeing who's paying attention?

DDG
03-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Please forgive me, i didnt get to attend the FBI academy, my spelling isnt the best... without a spell check i`m pretty much up river... that why i really like report takers, makes me look smarter than i spell, i owe those people alot!!!....

But back to the question, what support does Randle have in the county outside of Gulf Breeze?

True or False- Randle has been passed over SEVERAL times for "Chief" of police for Gulf Breeze.... if he is so qualified, why is it he was passed up?

03-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Let's get it on!

03-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Please forgive me, i didnt get to attend the FBI academy, my spelling isnt the best... without a spell check i`m pretty much up river... that why i really like report takers, makes me look smarter than i spell, i owe those people alot!!!....

But back to the question, what support does Randle have in the county outside of Gulf Breeze?

True or False- Randle has been passed over SEVERAL times for "Chief" of police for Gulf Breeze.... if he is so qualified, why is it he was passed up?

If you look at many city departments the city management advertises for the position and usually goes nationwide.

Not to be jumping to defense in this situation but many city governments will go with a person who was previously a chief. They often pick from a larger and outside agency in order to get someone with experience as a chief at a better price and to keep the "good ole boy" politics out of the equation.

Other than PPD there hasn't been many in-house selections made recently from the area city departments.

03-25-2008, 03:03 PM
What Deputies like Randle??? i`d like to see that... he needs to just retire and save his money... he cant even pull his own back yard... this is an ELECTION... not an APPOINTMENT. If Randle was running for a Police Cheif Job, sure he looks great on paper... but just like the NFL draft, some people look great on paper, hiesman trophy all that, get them in the game and its fumble time...and out they go.

say didnt he get passed over for Cheif of his own department?... hmmm FBI academy training really paid off.

Was that the same issue here about 7 years ago?

03-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Guest.
Thanks for the campaign ad.....

You seem to think that "call him and ask him" is a cop-out on my part. Might it be simply that he would recognize your voice and you wish to remain anonymous and attack without having to be accountable for your words?

Sure, I know Jeff. I also respect the man and realize that he can easily answer your questions if you choose to ask him. I"m not going to insult Jeff's integrity by slinging mud and posting negative comments about candidates.

Your comments reflect a lack of knowledge of how successful organizations are actually run. That is part of the problem. The Sheriff's office is not properly run. It is not a 1 man show, it is about who you surround yourself with and what they bring to the table.

As far as crimestoppers. What about being president of the FL crimestoppers and administering that budget? Working with the attorney general's office to get a bill passed to fund crimestoppers?

By your logic, the assistant manager of Flounders should be Sheriff because he has more than 22 employees that he has to administer....
Come on. Learn how organizations really work.

03-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I am actually pleased to see these posts. What does all these post say about Hall? He needs to be gone. Randle or Van Camp would be good. Which ever one didnt win makes the other Chief Deputy or Major. the other majors need the boot.

04-01-2008, 09:40 AM
For the record, here is the Sheriff's Race in a nutshell:

Randle: Small time experience that could not run a shift here nor did GB see fit to promote him to Chief so they hired a guy from Boston. Bad news (for the citizen) is you can't drive fast when responding to a hot call. Good news is we could sit in Starbucks all day. Escambia deputies love to wave the bird to him when driving to/from PBeach while he is sitting in Starbucks so he can write down their number and call and tell on them.

Van Camp: Can't get promoted at Escambia so he wants to be Sheriff over here? Bad news is he might make us all wear wrestling tights and he won't be able to give any "don't take steroid speeches" at the high schools. Good news is he would legalize cheating on promotion tests. Yep, how would you like to miss Sgt by one slot because someone who outscored you did so by cheating? Only thing is he got caught. Well, that qualifies him to be sheriff, right?

Roper: He is officially retired as a career trooper. Bad news is we have had one of these before and we know or have heard from those that lived through it. Good news is we can work traffic all day and act like we were superior to all other cops. He is actually a very good trooper (but a trooper) and a good guy. He is definitely more of a class act than Randle or Van Camp -- I say this objectively because I am not in anybody's camp.

Hall: Everyone has there own opinion because he is the only one we actually know. Bad news is we know what we got. Good news is we know what we got. No comment here, you know what we got.

The rest of the story:
A new Sheriff will mean new faces with more new favorites. All of the above want the job so they can have the pay check and power trip. All those that are supporting anyone want to be a favorite of whomever they are supporting or remain a favorite. If they are supporting someone openly besides Hall they are doing so because they fell out of favor with Hall. Elect any one of the above. If it is a new Sheriff, the new will have worn off in a year or two and all will be like it is today or worse. Don't kid yourself to think otherwise. I ain't taking the chance.

Now for the reality check:
Hall will have to get caught in Benny Russell Park humping a goat not to get elected again. Hearsay won't cut it, you will need pictures and the goat will have to testify.

So do you really want your next Sheriff to be a great Sheriff for all or just one that you are "tight" with so you can get your turn to have a power trip? If you want a Sheriff that is good for the community and deputies/employees, start looking internally for one of our own to run in four more years. One of us and not one of them (Escambia, GBPD, FHP, etc.). It ain't me but there is one or two that come to mind. In four years, after Hall retires, we will need to have a candidate we can all stand behind or we will end up with a Van Camp or Randle or some other idiot who may jump in they affray.

04-01-2008, 09:43 AM
I am actually pleased to see these posts. What does all these post say about Hall? He needs to be gone. Randle or Van Camp would be good. Which ever one didnt win makes the other Chief Deputy or Major. the other majors need the boot.

Sincerely,
Jeff and Robert

04-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Lord Humongous is among us!

http://www.oldschool-wrestling.com/wwow/WWW_pictures/humongous2.jpg

04-01-2008, 02:02 PM
For the record, here is the Sheriff's Race in a nutshell:

Randle: Small time experience that could not run a shift here nor did GB see fit to promote him to Chief so they hired a guy from Boston. Bad news (for the citizen) is you can't drive fast when responding to a hot call. Good news is we could sit in Starbucks all day. Escambia deputies love to wave the bird to him when driving to/from PBeach while he is sitting in Starbucks so he can write down their number and call and tell on them.

Van Camp: Can't get promoted at Escambia so he wants to be Sheriff over here? Bad news is he might make us all wear wrestling tights and he won't be able to give any "don't take steroid speeches" at the high schools. Good news is he would legalize cheating on promotion tests. Yep, how would you like to miss Sgt by one slot because someone who outscored you did so by cheating? Only thing is he got caught. Well, that qualifies him to be sheriff, right?

Roper: He is officially retired as a career trooper. Bad news is we have had one of these before and we know or have heard from those that lived through it. Good news is we can work traffic all day and act like we were superior to all other cops. He is actually a very good trooper (but a trooper) and a good guy. He is definitely more of a class act than Randle or Van Camp -- I say this objectively because I am not in anybody's camp.

Hall: Everyone has there own opinion because he is the only one we actually know. Bad news is we know what we got. Good news is we know what we got. No comment here, you know what we got.

The rest of the story:
A new Sheriff will mean new faces with more new favorites. All of the above want the job so they can have the pay check and power trip. All those that are supporting anyone want to be a favorite of whomever they are supporting or remain a favorite. If they are supporting someone openly besides Hall they are doing so because they fell out of favor with Hall. Elect any one of the above. If it is a new Sheriff, the new will have worn off in a year or two and all will be like it is today or worse. Don't kid yourself to think otherwise. I ain't taking the chance.

Now for the reality check:
Hall will have to get caught in Benny Russell Park humping a goat not to get elected again. Hearsay won't cut it, you will need pictures and the goat will have to testify.

So do you really want your next Sheriff to be a great Sheriff for all or just one that you are "tight" with so you can get your turn to have a power trip? If you want a Sheriff that is good for the community and deputies/employees, start looking internally for one of our own to run in four more years. One of us and not one of them (Escambia, GBPD, FHP, etc.). It ain't me but there is one or two that come to mind. In four years, after Hall retires, we will need to have a candidate we can all stand behind or we will end up with a Van Camp or Randle or some other idiot who may jump in they affray.

got to agree wtih this logic. especially the last part.

DDG
04-01-2008, 03:09 PM
OTL-

I can only speak about Van Camp. His champagne is being run by business leaders and civilians. He only has two Deputies that assist him along with several retired Deputies. I can assure everyone that Van Camp isn’t a man on a power trip. He isn’t motivated by money. He is motivated to "do the right thing", that is something that has been lost in law enforcement.

He is a man that has been falsely accused of cheating on an exam. It was investigated and not sustained. He understands what it is like to have the admin put a target on your back because they deem you a threat to their empire.

He understands the issues that are facing this ever expanding county. He is endorsed by the NorthWest PBA, and he listens to Business Leaders. He is Pro-Law Enforcement, Pro-Deputy and wants the union to have a good and fair contract.

He is the one candidate that i want to be the Sheriff, because he is one of us. I hear "Anonymous" talk about "we need an insider" and "ain`t this..and ain`t that" , well step one up... find one insider that has the political connections, the money and the charisma to run, and then you guys back him. You don’t have that, that’s why you have to go out and support the best candidate that has your interest at heart. In my opinion, it’s a no brainer, Van Camp. Endorsed by the PBA, Endorsed by the Business Community, Endorsed by the Civilians. Not a whole camp full of underpaid officers looking to make rank. He is a man for and by the people.

Anonymous, i hope your wrong, i hope that there is a goat humping, and Van Camp gets in and will get you guys better working conditions, better pay and makes life just a little better for everyone in Santa Rosa. Just get your facts straight. Jeff didn’t cheat, and Jeff believes in innocent till proven guilty, you should extend the same towards him.

04-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Can Jeff post the facts on the cheating accusation? I heard he had an IA and did some time off. Where are the facts and will you address them here? You say he is innocent but I hear different. Show me the money.

04-01-2008, 07:08 PM
The ones we have to run for Sheriff are far better than anything you have offered up. We have them with actual SR experience, degrees, FBINA, etc., and we will support them when they run. They are not going to run against Hall because he simply can't be beat. But they will run and our next Sheriff will be one of our choosing and they won't be from the ECSO or GBPD. They will be from the SRSO.

Also, I would compare our last 8 years against the ECSO last 8 years. We have had the growth in population because people are flocking to SR for the schools and lower crime rate. We have gotten better despite the growth. Escambia seems to have gotten worse with no growth. Forget what numbers you publish, I hear the buzz on the street. In other words, we may have Hall but look who you have in Escambia. We don't need to import anything from over there.

However, we would like to thank all those from the ECSO that are over here trying to help us because you feel sorry for us because we are not that smart enough to do it ourselves... or as you nicely put it:

Anonymous, i hope your wrong, i hope that there is a goat humping, and Van Camp gets in and will get you guys better working conditions, better pay and makes life just a little better for everyone in Santa Rosa. Just get your facts straight. Jeff didn’t cheat, and Jeff believes in innocent till proven guilty, you should extend the same towards him.

Thanks, but we are going to be just fine on our own.

DDG
04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
obviously...

DDG
04-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Guest, Jeff`s IA is subject to a public records request, and it will show that it was not sustained...

04-01-2008, 09:12 PM
DDG, first, I like you because I like your posts. We probably know each other. I have many ECSO deputies for friends and I have nothing against them. I have met Jeff and he seems like a nice guy.

However, the fact is most SRSO deputies want one of our own in 4 years. We would rather keep what we have then elect one of our own verses having to live through 4 or more years of an unknown administration.

Guest, Jeff`s IA is subject to a public records request, and it will show that it was not sustained...
If I were running for Sheriff and the word on the street was that I cheated on the Sgt's exam, I would be getting the truth out. I see that as Jeff's responsibility, not mine. If I were Jeff I would get the findings of the IA and post them here.

The bottom line is that neither Randle, Van Camp or Roper will be Sheriff in Santa Rosa. I don't think you will find that goat so Jeff is wasting time and money.

04-02-2008, 03:42 AM
Well, why on the subject of IA's, anyone can research the accusations enough and find answers. Like the sexual harrassment charges that were brought against one of the candidates...Van Camp. And then again the cheating on his exam. An individual that goes thru an IA, has to sign the paperwork. And I personally would not sign anything that wasn't true against myself. WOULD YOU????

On the subject of the right candidate:
Apparently this is why they call it an election....to give people the choice to vote for the INDIVIDUAL that can bring forth innovations that will improve, instead of being detrimental to the agency. Some individuals thinks the Sheriff can wave a magic wand and make all their problems disappear. Well, 8 years ago, when Sheriff Hall took office, a MAJOR PROBLEM did disappear!!! To my knowledge improvements have permeated the agency
daily. If someone is that unhappy with the leadership at the SO, as stated before....go across the river. But first take a look around and see how many from across the river has joined Santa Rosa Sheriff's Office.
A concerned and humane individual; Sheriff Hall's affable personality and willingness to assist others in any capacity, instills high morale and a strong sense of partisanship in those around him. Through personal organization and the effective use of correct management techniques he has shown that he can judiciously utilize personnel and material resources.
A proven performer of strong personal integrity and superb leadership and technical ability, Sheriff Wendell Hall is the most qualified candidate running. Check the stats!!!

04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I agree. The new candidates are saying they want to "take care" of us and I say "what is wrong?" Hall has been a good Sheriff and four more with him is much better than four or more with any of the other candidates. What makes them better than Hall? Nothing. They will bring "change" to what? What makes you think we want to change? Our agency is fine. Much better than Escambia. Hall has done a good job and when he is done and does not want to be Sheriff anymore, we still don't need you. We have our own that will run and most of the agency will support them.

04-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Hall brings nothing to the table. Sorry, other than good-ol-boys staff that has no backbone.

04-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Hall brings nothing to the table. Sorry, other than good-ol-boys staff that has no backbone.

Hall was a real cop who rose through the ranks legitimately and worked patrol and investigations as a supervisor. The guy knows his stuff as I have had help from him on several issues with citizens. He brings more than Van Camp, Randle and Roper combined. If you can't see that, then you are as ignorant as your writing ability.

> If you are a Randle supporter, address the issues the Escambia Deputies have with him. Address why GB did not make him Chief and don't use the excuse about "most agencies hire from the outside" crappola either.

> If you are a Van Camp supporter, address the sexual harrassment and cheating allegations.

We don't need any power tripping outsiders looking to increase their personal wealth and build their own little fifedom.

None of them are better than Hall.

We will keep what we have thank you.

DDG
04-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Bystander, and OTL,- I respect your opinions, i`m sure most people want someone from with-in their respective department to head it up. you know the person better, you know how they are. its human nature to resist things that are unknown and foreign. i`m not saying that hall is a bad sheriff, but i`m also not going to say that he is a great sheriff. All i can state is that i know Jeff, and i know what i`ve heard from other Santa Rosa deputies and the Union.

I think that it is a travesty to have the county commissioners strip you guys of your seniority and them "force" the sheriff and his budget. the truth is that the sheriff has a binding collective bargaining agreement with the union, it MUST be funded by the county commissioners.. all i`m saying is that Jeff will stand up for the deputies and he will be a fair and good sheriff.

i understand your position, and i do not disagree with your feelings, just know that if on change, there is a goat humping as you say and Jeff is your sheriff, the Deputies will have a good contract with the union, and he will ensure that the county commissioners fund his budget, and not lay down and have the county commissioners disrespect his office or his deputies.

That's what makes this country so great, we all have a right to our opinions, and we can express them. however, the lies and propaganda put out on Jeff is erroneous and only means that he is leading the pack and is the front runner. Jeff has been the Target of the Admin, and just like you know, if they want to get you for something they will.. all they have to do is overhear you talking about installing a sprinkler system in your yard and say the words "i gotta lay some pipe this weekend" and BOOM!! your committing sexual harassment... give me a break... Be glad your not working at ECSO, cause that's the type of B.S. Ronnie Mac and his henchmen love to pull...

Good Luck, may the best man win.

04-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, why on the subject of IA's, anyone can research the accusations enough and find answers. Like the sexual harrassment charges that were brought against one of the candidates...Van Camp. And then again the cheating on his exam. An individual that goes thru an IA, has to sign the paperwork. And I personally would not sign anything that wasn't true against myself. WOULD YOU????

On the subject of the right candidate:
Apparently this is why they call it an election....to give people the choice to vote for the INDIVIDUAL that can bring forth innovations that will improve, instead of being detrimental to the agency. Some individuals thinks the Sheriff can wave a magic wand and make all their problems disappear. Well, 8 years ago, when Sheriff Hall took office, a MAJOR PROBLEM did disappear!!! To my knowledge improvements have permeated the agency
daily. If someone is that unhappy with the leadership at the SO, as stated before....go across the river. But first take a look around and see how many from across the river has joined Santa Rosa Sheriff's Office.
A concerned and humane individual; Sheriff Hall's affable personality and willingness to assist others in any capacity, instills high morale and a strong sense of partisanship in those around him. Through personal organization and the effective use of correct management techniques he has shown that he can judiciously utilize personnel and material resources.
A proven performer of strong personal integrity and superb leadership and technical ability, Sheriff Wendell Hall is the most qualified candidate running. Check the stats!!!

I agree with Bystander:

Remember SMARTCOP eight years ago? Sheriff Hall promised that would go away. Also, he has fought with the County Commissioners to get higher raises and better benefits for the deputies of this agency. There have been improvements made in the equipment used by the deputies. When Sheriff Hall started 8 years ago there were areas that no one could communicate with the deputies in the field. That has been taken care of.

Whoever you are, that is claiming there is something "illegal" with the new contract and phone system. Check your facts out before you open your mouth and put your foot in it. You do not have a "clue" to what is going on. You do know that Florida has this very broad Public Records Law --- check into see why there was a change. To save money for the upcoming Fiscal Budget Year....remember all the so-called tax breaks the Floridians voted for? Who do you think will not get an increase in pay? It is not Sheriff Hall's fault.

Also, a candidate can promise you anything, raises, better benefits, etc. but remember, the SRC Commissioners control the money and what each government agency receives. Also, the county only gets so much money from taxes and now it is going to be less

Another thing, Sheriff Hall has an "open door" policy any employee can come and see him at anytime, for whatever reason. No reprecussions. He likes to get imput from the employees. He will be happy to explain to you the reason he is doing what he is doing. Maybe you will have a better way to do it, he has been known to look at a different approach to a problem and try it. This is suppose to be a team effort --- get on the team and quit b............

Any one out there saying derogotory things --- usually are the ones who have been doing something against agency policy and they got caught! And was reprimanded for the infraction.

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence --- nor is a change in leadership.

04-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Chevy Impallas and starting pay 29 K. Wow..talk about being a wonderful Sheriff...

04-02-2008, 06:51 PM
At least they are take home cars Jackie Jack A-S-S.

04-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow... Wendell has some good folks defending him... getting involved in this stuff now, SKL?

04-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Who is SKL?

04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
My momma...

04-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow... Wendell has some good folks defending him... getting involved in this stuff now, SKL?

Yep, I am cold busted. The next time you see me, just walk up and slap me silly.

04-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Bystander, and OTL,- I respect your opinions, i`m sure most people want someone from with-in their respective department to head it up. you know the person better, you know how they are. its human nature to resist things that are unknown and foreign. i`m not saying that hall is a bad sheriff, but i`m also not going to say that he is a great sheriff. All i can state is that i know Jeff, and i know what i`ve heard from other Santa Rosa deputies and the Union.

I think that it is a travesty to have the county commissioners strip you guys of your seniority and them "force" the sheriff and his budget. the truth is that the sheriff has a binding collective bargaining agreement with the union, it MUST be funded by the county commissioners.. all i`m saying is that Jeff will stand up for the deputies and he will be a fair and good sheriff.

i understand your position, and i do not disagree with your feelings, just know that if on change, there is a goat humping as you say and Jeff is your sheriff, the Deputies will have a good contract with the union, and he will ensure that the county commissioners fund his budget, and not lay down and have the county commissioners disrespect his office or his deputies.

That's what makes this country so great, we all have a right to our opinions, and we can express them. however, the lies and propaganda put out on Jeff is erroneous and only means that he is leading the pack and is the front runner. Jeff has been the Target of the Admin, and just like you know, if they want to get you for something they will.. all they have to do is overhear you talking about installing a sprinkler system in your yard and say the words "i gotta lay some pipe this weekend" and BOOM!! your committing sexual harassment... give me a break... Be glad your not working at ECSO, cause that's the type of B.S. Ronnie Mac and his henchmen love to pull...

Good Luck, may the best man win.

DDG, I would like to hear Van Camp's story about the sprinkler system comment. That sounds insane and no offense, unbelieveable. Does Jeff still work there or did he retire? Also, who do you want for Sheriff in Escambia?

The majority seem to be content with the way things are here with minor exceptions. I know it is the other way around at Escambia. Here I have had conversations about outsiders wanting to fix us and that brings out hard feelings because most of us have a bunch of pride and we feel we have a great department. Good luck to your man too. I don't think you will find your goat but you never know in politics.

04-03-2008, 03:43 AM
For the record Sheriff Wendell Hall is not a "QUITTER!!" Whoever started that rumor must not be aquainted with the Sheriff of Santa Rosa County. Do you honestly think a man of his character would leave a job unfinished? Oops, forgot you must not be aquainted!! And futhermore he could not possibly just turn a Constitutional Officer's position over to another person.
And speaking of lies and propaganda; all the slanderous remarks being made against Sheriff Hall is really some sicko's way of retailiation. But what this person doesn't realize is that is defamation of character. Be ashamed those distasteful rumors!!!!! What if someone attacked your character in such a narrow-minded, shallow and vindictive manner???

As stated before Sheriff Hall is a highly qualified candidate!! He continually demonstrates exceptional resourcefulness and professionalism as a Sheriff. He has successfully shown the challenging and demanding responsibilities of leadership for the Santa Rosa Sheriff's Office.
He is highly motivated and eminently qualified to continue as Sheriff for Santa Rosa County.

04-03-2008, 12:47 PM
For the record Sheriff Wendell Hall is not a "QUITTER!!" Whoever started that rumor must not be aquainted with the Sheriff of Santa Rosa County. Do you honestly think a man of his character would leave a job unfinished? Oops, forgot you must not be aquainted!! And futhermore he could not possibly just turn a Constitutional Officer's position over to another person.
And speaking of lies and propaganda; all the slanderous remarks being made against Sheriff Hall is really some sicko's way of retailiation. But what this person doesn't realize is that is defamation of character. Be ashamed those distasteful rumors!!!!! What if someone attacked your character in such a narrow-minded, shallow and vindictive manner???

As stated before Sheriff Hall is a highly qualified candidate!! He continually demonstrates exceptional resourcefulness and professionalism as a Sheriff. He has successfully shown the challenging and demanding responsibilities of leadership for the Santa Rosa Sheriff's Office.
He is highly motivated and eminently qualified to continue as Sheriff for Santa Rosa County.

Hall is the best choice out of all that are running. They all say they want to change but all the changes they talk about are either impossible or already have occurred with Hall.

DDG
04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
OTL-

I would like to see Larry Scapecchi win the election in Escambia. i think he would do us good. I`m just glad that Ronnie Mac hasnt gotten us those little Chevy Impallas??? How can you guys fit in that thing???

04-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Bystander, ~ Randle sees the game that Hall is playing. Hall gets elected, does two years then turns it over to Johnson, who does the remaining two years, then runs for Sheriff and wins, does 4 years and then he gets the Sheriffs retirement for life. All you have to do is 6 years and you get the pay for life, makes sense to me???? he is getting groomed for the position, and yes a Sheriff has alot of discrection who the Govenor installs as the Interm Sheriff.

Right now Hall is working for free... he has his six years in, and now it is concidered salary. When he steps down, or does`nt get re-elected, then his ex-wife gets Half of his "retirement"

Does Hall remember the deal? If he is such a man of his word, then why is he running again? He told Randle that he was not going to run and that he would suport us with Pace and Milton... after all, we did help him last election with Gulf Breeze...

Thats ok, the people will see that Randle will give this Department the updated training it needs and he brings "REAL" management experience to the table. Top that!

04-03-2008, 04:24 PM
OTL-

I would like to see Larry Scapecchi win the election in Escambia. i think he would do us good. I`m just glad that Ronnie Mac hasnt gotten us those little Chevy Impallas??? How can you guys fit in that thing???

Larry is a good guy. I don't have an Impala so don't know.

04-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Bystander, ~ Randle sees the game that Hall is playing. Hall gets elected, does two years then turns it over to Johnson, who does the remaining two years, then runs for Sheriff and wins, does 4 years and then he gets the Sheriffs retirement for life. All you have to do is 6 years and you get the pay for life, makes sense to me???? he is getting groomed for the position, and yes a Sheriff has alot of discrection who the Govenor installs as the Interm Sheriff.

Right now Hall is working for free... he has his six years in, and now it is concidered salary. When he steps down, or does`nt get re-elected, then his ex-wife gets Half of his "retirement"

Does Hall remember the deal? If he is such a man of his word, then why is he running again? He told Randle that he was not going to run and that he would suport us with Pace and Milton... after all, we did help him last election with Gulf Breeze...

Thats ok, the people will see that Randle will give this Department the updated training it needs and he brings "REAL" management experience to the table. Top that!

Can you be more specific about the whole Hall / Johnson thing. Is this rumor or do you actually have proof that this is the plan?

04-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Respect, you must be getting your info from Wes Cummings! Nice $250.00 check... guess Wes is back up to his usual games! Do yourself a favor, tell him to stay retired, and give Randle advice on how to do that as well.

Respect, we dont need another Jerry Brown.

04-04-2008, 02:46 AM
As a citizen of Santa Rosa County, I remember the old administration, and I also remember when Sheriff Wendell Hall won by a LAND-SLIDE!!!
And why was that??? Because everyone wanted a individual who would stand up for their county and the Santa Rosa Sheriff's Office was begging for a change. Oh the "PRAISE" for Sheriff Hall was simply amazing during that time. Then he won again...........WOW...amazing...seems as though the citizens and employees were still impressed with his leadership. Yes he definitely brought change to the whole county. (Residents and employees) He has cleaned up the county: drug rings, Dui's, child molesters, murderers, domestic violence, meth labs, child abuse,/neglect, fraudulent activities, abolished the quota system, more patrol for the citizens and the list continues on and on!!
As far as employee's: Well lets see.......better benefits, newer cars(even if some are whiners about what vehicle was purchased); has stood up to the BOCC many times for his employee's; better equipment, better technology, better work environment and so many other things that can be listed.
Sheriff Hall has stated from day one that he has and will always have an open door policy for all citizens and employees. So this administration has brought a lot of POSITIVE CHANGE to Santa Rosa County.

And as to a previous "post"....I suppose since you think his Admin are a bunch of Bone-Heads....that makes people on here qualified "Rocket Scientist's!!!" What makes me wonder is the fact, that his Admin and leaders of different divisions are doing their jobs , cause by doing their jobs it is really getting some people RILED UP for sure. Oh, how great they are....until ELECTION TIME!!!

04-04-2008, 04:13 AM
so is Hall a surrup or a jelly man??? cause you are all up in his arse tossing that salad!

04-04-2008, 11:17 AM
They are all boneheads

04-04-2008, 11:23 AM
so is Hall a surrup or a jelly man??? cause you are all up in his arse tossing that salad!

Not so fast T.S.M., according to yourself or your Momma or whoever named you, you got the market cornered on that particular skill.

Get someone to proof read your posts too. Do you use stirrups or syrup when you toss one? You illiterate dumbass...

04-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Toss Salad Man Likes Jelly....SURRUP is too sticky!

Don't be hating on my Toss Salad Skills!!! Jealousy is a stinky perfume!!! :P

04-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Toss Salad Man - you need some help, I think you have some serious issues.

ByStander- I hear talk from you about how you need an insider, and you support Hall. But wasn't Hall an outsider from ECSO? So your suporting an outsider than came in and did a great job??? just like what Randle is going to do... don't worry, you can support Randle for re-election in four years, then he will be an insider too!

04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
What is this Hall/Johnson hand-off thing?

DDG
04-04-2008, 03:40 PM
rumors... idle gossip, bored cops thinking... Randle and Crew (Wes Cummings) stirring the pot... Typical of Randle. Such personality....

04-04-2008, 04:25 PM
If Randle is in Cahoots with that a-hole Cummings we don't need him

04-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh, I'm waiting for Cummings' to post wih his million dollar words coming out of $2 ass

04-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Wes cut a $250 check to Randle.

04-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Toss Salad Man - you need some help, I think you have some serious issues.

ByStander- I hear talk from you about how you need an insider, and you support Hall. But wasn't Hall an outsider from ECSO? So your suporting an outsider than came in and did a great job??? just like what Randle is going to do... don't worry, you can support Randle for re-election in four years, then he will be an insider too!

Respect.

With all due respect, we needed Hall as he did help the department to make the transition to a modern police agency and raise up a beat down agency. He has done that and also raised up some fine leaders internally.

Just exactly what benefit will Randle bring to the SRSO that Hall has not already done? I have seen the posts about Hall from the opponents and they don't add up. Nothing but rumors. They all say CHANGE but so does Obama. Change what? From good to bad?

Hence, Randle has nothing to offer and neither do any of the challengers. They basically want the job for a POWER TRIP and a nice SALARY. Given that Cummings is behind Randle, the quest for POWER is very real from the Randle camp.

What we mean by insiders is that in 4 years if you do make the mistake of wanting to run again you will face someone like Bob Johnson and you will lose big time as the department will get behind one of their own whom they know and trust.

Get over it... nobody wants Randle/Cummings, Van Camp or Roper. Hall is better.

04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I agree. Nothing will change for the good if any of those guys are elected. Are there some things we disagree about with Sheriff Hall? Yes but that would apply for any type of profession where the rank and file disagree with the executive management. We can always get what we want but at the least Hall is pro-deputy. The only issue I have is the choice of cars and that is relatively minor. I can only speculate if Cummings is supporting Randle then he is probably wanting to get appointed to Chief Deputy or Major. We would all be screwed if Cummings is re-hired. Randle would probably re-hire guys like Whitfield and Mundy in spite of Hall. I don't know who is behind Van Camp or Roper so I won't comment. Hall is the man for the job and he has proven it since day one. Van Camp may have something to offer, but my thought is we need to keep Hall. One other thing. If Bob Johnson does run for Sheriff after Hall's final term he definately has my support. Until then my vote is for Hall.

If someone wants to accuse me of butt kissing or salad tossing fine with me. I'm being honest and voicing my opinion.

04-04-2008, 06:07 PM
bob j. is a good cop and has the "should be" required education & experience. he has my vote in four years. until then we will keep hall. maybe we can get some chargers or something for cars (hint hint).

04-04-2008, 11:37 PM
With BJ you get KM back so where does that put you?

04-04-2008, 11:39 PM
And what education does BJ have that makes him "right" for the job?

04-05-2008, 03:23 AM
With BJ you get KM back so where does that put you?

Maybe or maybe not I don't know and that would not worry me in the least. Forget any personal opinion you may have, KM is very smart and an asset. He has won more grants for the department than the history of the department. I don't see it as an issue.

04-05-2008, 03:24 AM
And what education does BJ have that makes him "right" for the job?

the whole leadership, degree, fbina thingy...

04-05-2008, 04:25 AM
A few post back I believe RESPECT stated something about me wanting an insider, and about Sheriff Hall being an outsider from ECSO!!!
And RESPECT you directed that to me, I believe.

So my reply to that statement is this: I never said we had to elect someone from the inside, outside or from tim-buck-too!
Reread the post please: Merely stating what individual would be the best candidate. Just so happens MY CANDIDATE, Sheriff Wendell Hall is the best choice. You think your candidate is the best, well that is your choice. Ever heard the ole saying? "If it ain't broke...don't fix it?" Well as far as leadership at the SO, it doesn't need fixing.

04-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Oh please... Randle is just taking money from whomever will give it to him. Only an idiot would think he'd put Cummins back in place at the SO. That's just negative political BS you guys are spreading about.

04-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Oh please... Randle is just taking money from whomever will give it to him. Only an idiot would think he'd put Cummins back in place at the SO. That's just negative political BS you guys are spreading about.

That is our concern. Randle will think to put Cummins back in place at the SO.

04-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Can someone please tell me how Randall has brought GBPD into the 21st Century? They have civilians pretending to be Police Officers. How f-ed up is that? There is nothing special about their equipment or HQ. At least our Sheriff has been more progressive with our equipment needs. However next time please we need to order Crown vics.

04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Dear thingy, BJ doesn't have a degree so now what.

04-05-2008, 02:44 PM
If you think that KM is an asset then you need to go back to your books! There must be a reason he is the center of controversary at the admin office don't you think? If he is such an asset then why is everyone talking about him and not in a positive way. Can you list any provable thing he's actually done for the agency? So I repeat if you get BJ then you get KM and now you're back where you started. You keep talking about change so why are you wanting to go backwards?

04-05-2008, 03:38 PM
i'm trying to follow the logic of support Hall to support Johnson in four years.

Hall supporters say that Randle, VanCamp, and Roper if elected, nothing will change for the good??? and Hall is Pro-Deputy....

You guys don't know what each person will bring...that's why you need to learn about each one...and who is supporting them.

Hall has done a lot to get Santa Rosa up to par. Hall has a long way to go still to make it a 'great' place to work...

If Hall is so 'Pro-Deputy'..then why doesn't he sign the contract???

04-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Dear thingy, BJ doesn't have a degree so now what.

Having 3 degrees (AA, BS, MBA) myself, I can tell you they don't make a Sheriff. The only education that does make a difference are Leadership Courses in Law Enforcement and the College of Experience. However, the most important ingredient is the actual person. Are they wise, just and fair? In that regard, Bob is better than all running against Hall. College degrees in CJ or PA are nice to have but they don't really help with anything.

To qualify this school of thought, I merely have to point out that some people with degrees, advanced degrees, etc., can't get promoted to Sgt or even get selected to be Chief of their very small PD -- this after a career of service to their respective agencies.

The person, the person, the person.

04-05-2008, 04:14 PM
If you think that KM is an asset then you need to go back to your books! There must be a reason he is the center of controversary at the admin office don't you think? If he is such an asset then why is everyone talking about him and not in a positive way. Can you list any provable thing he's actually done for the agency? So I repeat if you get BJ then you get KM and now you're back where you started. You keep talking about change so why are you wanting to go backwards?

KM positive things? I did, grants. Look at the AVL stuff in dispatch. I am pretty sure that was a grant that he won for the agency.

Now explain how you know BJ will have KM on staff? Did you freakin' invent that crap or can you give some substantial fact here?

I think you are just a little person inventing things in their head.

04-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Sounds to me that Johnson is already running for Sheriff... word of advice... stop being so defensive...stop attacking people and making comments about think that someone is just a little person makes you sound like a fool and it is unbecoming of a man who plans to run for Sheriff.

Stop defending Hall as if he is the best Sheriff that ever put a badge on. Acknowledge his short comings and give credit where it is due.

Education- you got to have it to respected by the Business community. i'd suggest Mr. Johnson go back to school. Get your degree, you have 4 years to get it. School of Hard knocks is needed but the little piece of paper gets you the respect of the civilians that your not some inbred rdneck running for Sheriff. The FBINA is just icing on the cake.

it wouldn't hurt to get involved with the union and learn the ins and outs.

Stop with all the 'Hall walks on water' there are not many civilians on here and no one on here listens to that no-sense. just shoot straight...you get more respect that way.

good luck in 4 years.

04-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Sounds to me that Johnson is already running for Sheriff... word of advice... stop being so defensive...stop attacking people and making comments about think that someone is just a little person makes you sound like a fool and it is unbecoming of a man who plans to run for Sheriff.

Stop defending Hall as if he is the best Sheriff that ever put a badge on. Acknowledge his short comings and give credit where it is due.

Education- you got to have it to respected by the Business community. i'd suggest Mr. Johnson go back to school. Get your degree, you have 4 years to get it. School of Hard knocks is needed but the little piece of paper gets you the respect of the civilians that your not some inbred rdneck running for Sheriff. The FBINA is just icing on the cake.

it wouldn't hurt to get involved with the union and learn the ins and outs.

Stop with all the 'Hall walks on water' there are not many civilians on here and no one on here listens to that no-sense. just shoot straight...you get more respect that way.

good luck in 4 years.

I agree! Now, just a word of advice to you. You need to stop questioning a person's manhood and stop calling them a fool just because you don't agree with what they say or how they choose to articulate.

It really makes you look like less of a person and more like a fool.

04-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Not sure who is running from inside but BJ and WS have some push from various persons. They may run. However, I seriously doubt they read or post here so you are most likely getting perspectives from many people at the SRSO.

I agree that Hall is not perfect as a Sheriff but there is nobody that is running that is going to do anything different and it could be worse under them. They are unknown, talk about change but then there is no substance.

When Hall retires in 4 years, expect many to enter the race from the SRSO. They will carry the majority of the deputies support and I suspect the publics as well.

Those are the facts as seen from the inside.

DDG
04-05-2008, 10:20 PM
I agree that Hall is not perfect as a Sheriff but there is nobody that is running that is going to do anything different and it could be worse under them. They are unknown, talk about change but then there is no substance.
I strongly disagree that nobody that is running is going to anything different.

How about a Sheriff that will stand up to Broxon, and set him straight. The Union has the RIGHT to collective bargaining. This is a binding agreement. The county commissioners MUST fund the budget and all raises, COLA and Merit increases if it is BINDING in a contract!
29K a year is an INSULT to the Deputies and citizens of Santa Rosa County. A bug man for the county starts out more than that!!!
What about Broxon???, he stated that he DOESNT care about comparative pay with the surrounding counties!!! This is why there are FEWER Deputies now than in 2000. More Population, Fewer Deputies... PLEASE JUSTIFY THIS.

Why should a Deputy stay at Santa Rosa???... Sgts and Lt. pay is a joke compared to surrounding counties... why stay to get promoted??? JUSTIFY WHY HALL TURNED IN 2 MILLION DOLLARS AND THE DEPUTIES ARE JUST ABOVE THE POVERTY LEVEL!!!!!! I want to know why the Sheriffs budget has increased 100% and yet pay is an INSULT. Fewer Deputies now than we had 7 years ago. Where did the extra 17 MILLION Dollars go?

I hear from Hall supporters is “what a great job Hall is doing" "we need an insider" "No one can do better" "all the candidates just want power and money"...I think that is complete hogwash and the biggest FARSE i have ever heard. I know one man that wants the job, TO DO WHATS RIGHT!!!
:arrow: Comparative pay for Deputies, Sgts, and Lt`s.
:arrow: A signed contract with the Union, with annual contract negotiations as mandated by LAW.
This is part of the platform of a man that i know and respect, Jeff VanCamp.

Face the truth, things are not GREAT. They are just BETTER than under Brown. We still have a long way to go... Halls actions in the last several years speak volumes about what he HAS done and will continue to do... NOTHING. He got Santa Rosa S.O. BETTER working conditions... BETTER just isn’t good enough anymore.

Vote for the Man that can get us there......

04-06-2008, 04:20 AM
Just curious, if someone that is working at the SRSO is that dissatisfied....why not just move on...BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT?
Apparently things must not be that bad or certain individuals would be gone. It seems that Sheriff Hall has gone above and beyond for this county and the SO. Let's put the blame where it actually belongs, the individual that is so unhappy! Nobody has to stay anywhere that they don't want too.

And in my understanding, the reason the SO has lost deputies, is because the individuals made the decision to go elsewhere. Whether it was for a higher salary or family situations. So that goes to show that others have made their decisions and moved on.

As far as the budget: Consider some things besides wages. Understand wages are very important. But to operate an AGENCY and maintain safety and productivity within the county........UMMMM.....requires what? MONEY!!

[]DDG Posted: 04/05/08 17:20:30 Post subject: Vote Jeff VanCamp for Sheriff

[/color[color=red]What about Broxon???, he stated that he DOESNT care about comparative pay with the surrounding counties!!! This is why there are FEWER Deputies now than in 2000. More Population, Fewer Deputies... PLEASE JUSTIFY THIS.

Seems as tho the beef here is with Commisioner Broxson or any other Commissioner .......not with SHERIFF HALL!

04-06-2008, 07:13 AM
I'll be glad when the election is over. I'm tired of hearing people *****, moan, and be outright nasty to one another.

Although the interesting thing is, the person your being nasty on here may be your best bud on the road. Cool thought huh?

04-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Just curious, if someone that is working at the SRSO is that dissatisfied....why not just move on...BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT?
Apparently things must not be that bad or certain individuals would be gone. It seems that Sheriff Hall has gone above and beyond for this county and the SO. Let's put the blame where it actually belongs, the individual that is so unhappy! Nobody has to stay anywhere that they don't want too.

And in my understanding, the reason the SO has lost deputies, is because the individuals made the decision to go elsewhere. Whether it was for a higher salary or family situations. So that goes to show that others have made their decisions and moved on.

As far as the budget: Consider some things besides wages. Understand wages are very important. But to operate an AGENCY and maintain safety and productivity within the county........UMMMM.....requires what? MONEY!!

[]DDG Posted: 04/05/08 17:20:30 Post subject: Vote Jeff VanCamp for Sheriff

[/color[color=red]What about Broxon???, he stated that he DOESNT care about comparative pay with the surrounding counties!!! This is why there are FEWER Deputies now than in 2000. More Population, Fewer Deputies... PLEASE JUSTIFY THIS.

Seems as tho the beef here is with Commisioner Broxson or any other Commissioner .......not with SHERIFF HALL! ByStander you must be an admin guy..cause I know you ain't living off our starting pay, and you have zero empathy for us. I think you proved DDG's post....

DDG
04-06-2008, 06:03 PM

[/b]

ByStander- Can you not see.. THIS IS THE REASON PEOPLE ARE LEAVING??? The Sheriff has done NOTHING to get COMPARATIVE pay standards established... he wont stand up to Broxon and the other county commisioners. Even when Santa Rosa is DOWN 24 fewer Deputies than when he took over, the population is up... Crime is going to be up. THERE IS A PROBLEM.

Its people like you and Broxon with the "If you dont like it you can leave attitude" that are the problem. Guess what THEY ARE LEAVING. Great job jacka$$.

04-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow, $86K per year for one grant in eight years. i stand corrected!

04-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Stand up to Broxson, stand up to the BOCC, that's all we hear. Did it ever occur to you what that terms mean? What are you gonna do? Demand a higher budget when they don't have it to give. You're going against a stacked of five commissioners of which you have no power over. Its called politics. Even if the great King Kammo gets in he'll have the same problem that every sheriff before him and after his will have. And right now you can't get blood from a turnip. I'd love to see what you would do. Go demand a raise from your sergeant and see if you have any luck!

04-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Stand up to Broxson, stand up to the BOCC, that's all we hear. Did it ever occur to you what that terms mean? What are you gonna do? Demand a higher budget when they don't have it to give. You're going against a stacked of five commissioners of which you have no power over. Its called politics. Even if the great King Kammo gets in he'll have the same problem that every sheriff before him and after his will have. And right now you can't get blood from a turnip. I'd love to see what you would do. Go demand a raise from your sergeant and see if you have any luck!
These salaries by law must be funded first. Do a comparitive study, submit it to the BOCC and if they do not fund..you appeal. This means that the BOCC has to cut ear marks and other programs to fund 'salaries' for LEO, EMS, and FIRE. If you have a LAWFULLY BINDING CONTRACT with the union, the BOCC MUST fund it.... how hard is that to understand? And the budget only got cut back a whopping 3 percent...only 1 million dollars,Hall has 17 more million now than when he took over.. and he gave back 2 million this year. The roll back would have only taken back 1 of those 2 million... your position is weak at best. No Balls, all jelly....

04-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Wes, GO AWAY, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU.

04-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Randle wants to hear from him!!!

04-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Randle will have to be elected first, I doubt that will happen. Sorry Wes

04-07-2008, 03:50 PM
I hear from Hall supporters is “what a great job Hall is doing" "we need an insider" "No one can do better" "all the candidates just want power and money"...I think that is complete hogwash and the biggest FARSE i have ever heard. I know one man that wants the job, TO DO WHATS RIGHT!!!
Comparative pay for Deputies, Sgts, and Lt`s.
A signed contract with the Union, with annual contract negotiations as mandated by LAW.
This is part of the platform of a man that i know and respect, Jeff VanCamp.

Calm down dude. Van Camp is not going to be Sheriff at the SRSO ever so get over it and move on.

If Jeff was driven "TO DO WHATS RIGHT" then he would quit wasting his time with the SRSO and start openly supporting Scapecchi.

Now, if Jeff were just running against Randle and Roper than he would have more support. NOBODY at the SRSO wants Robert "Wes" Randle anywhere near the SRSO.

I would rank them this way:

Hall - because he can't be beat.

Van Camp - because he is a better man than the other two listed below.

Roper - good guy, but a slick sleeve career trooper.

Randle - "Wes" is all we need to hear.

It is what it is. Good luck.

04-07-2008, 03:56 PM
These salaries by law must be funded first. Do a comparitive study, submit it to the BOCC and if they do not fund..you appeal. This means that the BOCC has to cut ear marks and other programs to fund 'salaries' for LEO, EMS, and FIRE. If you have a LAWFULLY BINDING CONTRACT with the union, the BOCC MUST fund it.... how hard is that to understand? And the budget only got cut back a whopping 3 percent...only 1 million dollars,Hall has 17 more million now than when he took over.. and he gave back 2 million this year. The roll back would have only taken back 1 of those 2 million... your position is weak at best. No Balls, all jelly....

Toss Salad Man... change your name and learn how to write if you want to be taken seriously.

DDG
04-07-2008, 06:51 PM

Toss Salad Man... change your name and learn how to write if you want to be taken seriously.

Toss Salad Man- so i guess Robert "Wes" Randle is going to piggy back on Jeff`s idea??? Good luck with that, Jeff is endorsed by the Northwest Florida PBA, and soon the screening for the FOP endorsement is coming up, and i think Jeff will get that as well...

04-07-2008, 08:38 PM

Toss Salad Man- so i guess Robert "Wes" Randle is going to piggy back on Jeff`s idea??? Good luck with that, Jeff is endorsed by the Northwest Florida PBA, and soon the screening for the FOP endorsement is coming up, and i think Jeff will get that as well...

DDG, the PBA is good for legal representations but reading the posts from Escambia, the board for the Escambia bargaining unit is full of McNesby puppets who were actually putting up signs for him. Is this true? If so, what good does representation as a bargaining unit do whent he they either in the Sheriff's pocket or scared of him.

In So FL, the PBA is strong and united. Here, seems the leaders sell out quick.

04-08-2008, 12:17 AM

DDG, the PBA is good for legal representations but reading the posts from Escambia, the board for the Escambia bargaining unit is full of McNesby puppets who were actually putting up signs for him. Is this true? If so, what good does representation as a bargaining unit do whent he they either in the Sheriff's pocket or scared of him.

In So FL, the PBA is strong and united. Here, seems the leaders sell out quick. I have to agree, in South Florida, we had super strong union. the Govenor is a huge supporter of PBA. But I also agree with DDG, if the Union has a contract it must be funded. The BOCC does not want to tangle with a Pro Union Govenor.... Good luck to you guys...Glad I'm retired...

04-08-2008, 03:46 AM
TSK…..TSK…Somebody is really on the defensive and what reflects this: Is the comments that were made by DDG on 04/06/08 to wit: “Guess they are leaving. Great job jacka$$.” This reflects your disdainful personal attributes, well educated aren’t you? I will try to rise above your remarks, with my rebuttal.

Also on 04/06/08 “Guest” wrote that I must be an admin guy, because they stated I wasn’t living on the starting salary. Also, stated that I have zero empathy for anyone. You are completely off base with this statement. Because, my salary is a lot less than a starting deputy. You do not have to make a high salary to support upper management and personnel that are charged with the responsibility of knowing more about the agency than you do. If someone is not so self-centered about their own status, they could see problems and accomplishments from different angles.

On 04/05/08 DDG stated: “Justify why Sheriff Hall turned in 2 million dollars and the deputies are just above poverty level and now we have fewer deputies than we had 7-years ago!!!

Well DDG I do not know where you are getting your fictional information from….but now you are going to see factual information!! When Sheriff Hall took over the Sheriff’s Office, he was working from the previous Administration’s budget. That was the year that he gave back the 2-million dollars. Plus Sheriff Hall has returned budget dollars every year that he has been in office!!!

FACTIONAL INFORMATION:

As of January 01,2001 SWORN LAW ENFORCEMENT 140

As of April 07, 2008 SWORN LAW ENFORCEMNET 191

As of January 01, 2001 CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS 78

As of April 07,2008 CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS 86

DEPUTIES SALARY IN 2001……..$22,500.00
DEPUTIES SALARY IN 2008……..$29,600.00

All this information can be obtained by a Public Records Request!!
Now, please explain with this public record knowledge of salary increase and additional hiring of deputies, how you can be so indignant to Sheriff Wendell Hall.

04-08-2008, 11:46 AM
DDG is from Escambia and is a Van Camp supporter, that's why.

04-08-2008, 12:28 PM
And DDG is an idiot too. He's blinded by Van Camp's wrestling tights.

DDG
04-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Go to FDLE, see the stats for yourself ByStander. Fewer Deputies now than in 2001.

i didnt think that Lord Humoungus wears tights???

04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.oldschool-wrestling.com/wwow/WWW_pictures/humongous2.jpg

ByStander, DDG is correct. Those are speedos, not tights.

04-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Go to FDLE, see the stats for yourself ByStander. Fewer Deputies now than in 2001.

i didnt think that Lord Humoungus wears tights???

Stats from FDLE are correct? Like UCR, right?

04-08-2008, 05:12 PM
My vote is for Hall.

DDG
04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I`m not indignant towards Sheriff Hall. I think he has done some wonderful things for the Deputies of Santa Rosa. I think he has made great steps towards getting the Department up to speed with the Technology and Training. I worked with him at Escambia, he was a good sgt.

The bones i have to pick, is the lack of contract negotiations with the Union and lack of comparative pay. Its your Sheriffs Office, you guys do what you want. I know Jeff, and IF he wins, he will be a good Sheriff. Hopefully Sheriff Hall will take my advice and work with the union, and get the troops a raise.

Best of Luck

04-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Don't expect him to push for raises during election year. Aint gonna happen in politics boys and girls. Even if he did the esteemed, honorable, exhalted BOCC would turn it down anyway. After all, some of those guys are up for re-electon. Goodin would say no before he heres it, Broxon will take 15 minutes to say a 5 minutes worth of words, like "I was sheriff one time" and turn it down and Cole is going to say something completely off-topic and vote against it. If Jeff or Robert or Chris is elected none, I repeat none of them are going to ask for the raises Hall has already asked for and none are doing to do it in election year.

04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
There is just nothing to campaign against Hall with. He is a good Sheriff and a great Sheriff when compared to MacNesby. Escambia needs help. They have the union and still can't get a raise either. I understand about forcing the contract issue at the SRSO but if there is no money there is no money. In Escambia, it is different. You have a huge budget and can sell some helicopters or something to get raises. But your Sheriff won't. If Hall were spending money on helicopters or other nice stuff to have instead of the basics then that would be a different story.

As stated in previous posts, Hall will be Sheriff until you catch him with a goat or he decides he has had enough.

04-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Hey DDG......JEFF....Or one of VANCAMPS mouth pieces:

Apparently your public records do not agree with the True records that have been posted. Where are your numbers?? Just always the same remarks..."fewer deputies."

And you stated that you had worked with Sheriff Hall in Escambia; therefore you know he stands for what he believes in. Pssst.....Hey DDG just a little inside info..........we stand behind Sheriff Hall because we believe in him!!!!!!
His dedication, drive, and desire to put forth his best effort in any capacity has only increased the effectiveness and productivity of the SRSO.

04-09-2008, 03:19 AM
Don't expect him to push for raises during election year. Aint gonna happen in politics boys and girls. Even if he did the esteemed, honorable, exhalted BOCC would turn it down anyway. After all, some of those guys are up for re-electon. Goodin would say no before he heres it, Broxon will take 15 minutes to say a 5 minutes worth of words, like "I was sheriff one time" and turn it down and Cole is going to say something completely off-topic and vote against it. If Jeff or Robert or Chris is elected none, I repeat none of them are going to ask for the raises Hall has already asked for and none are doing to do it in election year.

Thank goodness someone else on this site understands!!

04-09-2008, 04:16 AM
the sheriff's dept..is run by people that decide your rights,not protect them..i have been denied a right to file a felony complaint against a person,because a deputy was involved in the matter..internal affairs pretends they would look into it..
i am outraged by their actions..when a citizen can not file a charge,and have an investagation.something is wrong..in america..in santa rosa for sure..and pressing them for my rights only brings more harassment from the dept..as a family man,and business person in gulf breeze.i am very disapointed..i don't feel like i live in america..

04-09-2008, 08:01 AM
the sheriff's dept..is run by people that decide your rights,not protect them..i have been denied a right to file a felony complaint against a person,because a deputy was involved in the matter..internal affairs pretends they would look into it..
i am outraged by their actions..when a citizen can not file a charge,and have an investagation.something is wrong..in america..in santa rosa for sure..and pressing them for my rights only brings more harassment from the dept..as a family man,and business person in gulf breeze.i am very disapointed..i don't feel like i live in america..

1) Not sure why you posted that here unless you are some stooge for one of Sheriff Hall's opponents.

2) Nobody here knows the facts so nobody can really comment. You may have a case and you may not have a case. Sounds like the SRSO does not think you have a case. Everybody here would most likely agree with the SRSO.

3) If any citizen could walk in off the street and file "felony charges" against anybody they wanted we would have a bunch of false arrests.

4) The SRSO can't just file charges against someone. In most cases, they would have to file an Affidavit for an Arrest Warrant. A judge then would review and sign before it becomes an actual Arrest Warrant. The Judges don't want the SRSO to send them anything for review that does not have legal Probable Cause (PC) as a safeguard against false arrests.

5) This is America. You do have rights. If you don't think the SRSO is correct, you can go to the State Attorney's Office. If you are still not happy, you can go to the FDLE. If nobody will do what you want and you think your rights are being violated, you can go to the FBI.

Conclusion: With what we know from your post, your complaint is unfounded. Sounds like you exercised your right to go down and explain your complaint to the SRSO and they feel you DO NOT have enough PC for a warrant affidavit. Since it involves a deputy, however, they are going to do an IA and they don't have that complete yet or that came back negative. However, you are mad because you want the SRSO to violate some other citizen’s rights or deputy's rights and start the arrest process on them because you think they should be arrested.

Sounds like you are the person that wants to deny someone's rights.

Whoever led you to this site and this post/thread should have known all this information. Also, they could have looked up the statute for you and shown you that you don't have a case -- unless they could not find the right statute because it is not in the 300s.

04-09-2008, 01:25 PM

You are not a cop, you have no business on this forum, take your nut case somewhere else.

04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Birddog:
You are right on the mark, you don't live in America- you live in Santa Rosa county where we have a "High Sheriff"(his words-not mine). He decides "who lives and dies in Santa Rosa county"( again his words!!). You're not alone just look what happened to those people in Navarre after Ivan. A deputy in jail and yet Hall still has no comment, or god forbid an apology! If you don't go to the FEDS you are wasting your time. You will never see justice from this administration.

04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Birddog:
You are right on the mark, you don't live in America- you live in Santa Rosa county where we have a "High Sheriff"(his words-not mine). He decides "who lives and dies in Santa Rosa county"( again his words!!). You're not alone just look what happened to those people in Navarre after Ivan. A deputy in jail and yet Hall still has no comment, or god forbid an apology! If you don't go to the FEDS you are wasting your time. You will never see justice from this administration.

You don't have any details, facts, etc., so you have no clue what you are talking about concerning anything you make reference to in your post.

Take your unsubstantiated hearsay and back it up with some facts, then learn to write, then come back and make a legitimate post.

I don't think you can.

ps: God is not with a little "g". That make you a dumbass and a heathen.

04-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Guest,
I have plenty of facts, but we both know this is not the place for all of it. The facts will be public soon enough, but those closest to the incident already know all that. Your attitude is exactly an example of why we have so many problems with our sheriff's dept.

04-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Guest,
I have plenty of facts, but we both know this is not the place for all of it. The facts will be public soon enough, but those closest to the incident already know all that. Your attitude is exactly an example of why we have so many problems with our sheriff's dept.

Squirrel Alert !!! This topic is for real cops to give their opinions on the race for Sheriff, not nut cases looking for an audience.

04-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Guest, I have plenty of facts, but we both know this is not the place for all of it. The facts will be public soon enough, but those closest to the incident already know all that.
Then why are you posting your crappola here? If you can't post the facts then you are posting hearsay and rumors.

Your attitude is exactly an example of why we have so many problems with our sheriff's dept.
I called you out for disrespecting God and for taking his name in vain. That is not my attitude problem, that is yours. Also, asking you to learn to write is "constructive criticism" that we will all benefit from when you finally make a truthful and coherent post... if ever.

Also, I never brought up the Sheriff's Office nor am I an avid supporter of Hall or really anyone that is running. I just said your post was hearsay and rumors with no facts. You've threatened us with facts and the truths but they seem to be empty threats.

Go get the facts and truth and then come back.

Just for the record, it is a Sheriff's Office, not a Sheriff's Department.

04-09-2008, 09:47 PM
We have problems due ti the admin being a bunch of self serving idiots

04-09-2008, 11:02 PM
We have problems due ti the admin being a bunch of self serving idiots

yeah, they can't spell either.

04-11-2008, 03:22 AM
We are under the subject line of who will stand up for our county and the Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff Hall is a proven leader who displays the knowledge,managerial ability,and constructive thinking. Throughout his career he has consistently brought the SRSO to a higher level. Those who are aquainted with Sheriff Hall, understand that he is a very meticulous and motivated individual.

And remember those individuals that work under his administration are a reflection on him. :D

04-11-2008, 08:06 AM
We are under the subject line of who will stand up for our county and the Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff Hall is a proven leader who displays the knowledge,managerial ability,and constructive thinking. Throughout his career he has consistently brought the SRSO to a higher level. Those who are aquainted with Sheriff Hall, understand that he is a very meticulous and motivated individual.

And remember those individuals that work under his administration are a reflection on him. :D blah blah blah... get the Sheriffs **** out ypur mouth.

04-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Bystander - you are the worlds biggest suck up. You're either Sheriff Hall, or so far up his anal cavity, you are one iin the same. You sound like a real a$$clown, and I can't wait for Randle to win and clean out all you Majors and Captains... get your 401K straight....

04-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Bystander - you are the worlds biggest suck up. You're either Sheriff Hall, or so far up his arse cavity, you are one iin the same. You sound like a real a$$clown, and I can't wait for Randle to win and clean out all you Majors and Captains... get your 401K straight....

Great! We can't wait for someone like you to be in Admin NOT!

Randle won't win so get over it.

04-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Jeff Van Camp is more qualified for the job then Randle could ever hope to be. Van Camp is qualified because he was at a real agency and not a small time, po' dunk little PD. If Jeff were at GBPD, he would have been Chief a long time ago.

04-12-2008, 03:11 AM
Guess by giving an individual "well deserved" compliments or believe in their leadership is not in your vocabulary!! Thought this site was for some educated people to get together and express their thoughts on election issues.

DID NOT REALIZE SOME OF THE VULGARITY WAS ALLOWED ON HERE!!
WHOEVER POSTED SEVERAL POST'S BACK SHOULD GO TO A "PORN CHAT ROOM!!"

04-12-2008, 03:34 AM
I was in a porn chat room..then i came in here after i finished business... gotta go..my 19 year old girlfriend is coming over....

04-12-2008, 04:13 AM
Bystander - you are the worlds biggest suck up. You're either Sheriff Hall, or so far up his arse cavity, you are one iin the same. You sound like a real a$$clown, and I can't wait for Randle to win and clean out all you Majors and Captains... get your 401K straight....

FOR THE RECORD........RANDLE CAN NOT WIN WITH PEOPLE OF YOUR INTELLIGENCE BACKING HIM

[/b]Someone like you; would be someone I really would want to speak-up for me!!! So motivated and anyone can really see your intellectual aspirations. Please re-read your post.......being so rude and vindictive is not very becoming. :o

04-12-2008, 05:02 AM
What's hilarious about all of this is that no one has any idea right now how this will turn out. Confidence in a candidate or not, the population will speak. Really, who can say?

04-12-2008, 09:40 AM
look, its like this. Randle has the education, training, experience and the backing of Gulf Breeze Proper. Milton, Pace and Allentown are all onclaves of inbred white trash that isn't going to come vote. Randle has this in the bag... so get your bags packed... and under Randle, we can have a respectable law enforcement agency once again.

04-12-2008, 10:52 AM
look, its like this. Randle has the education, training, experience and the backing of Gulf Breeze Proper. Milton, Pace and Allentown are all onclaves of inbred white trash that isn't going to come vote. Randle has this in the bag... so get your bags packed... and under Randle, we can have a respectable law enforcement agency once again.

Sorry but I know many people in Gulf Breeze that are NOT voting for Randle. He is not that popular. Also, your comments on Pace / Milton are very wrong but well taken. The Pace / Pea Ridge / Milton area can make or break you and we plan on making Hall the Sheriff again.

Go back to your trailer park onclave.

04-12-2008, 05:03 PM
we don't have trailor parks in Gulf Breeze.... or as you guys would say..'we ain't got no trailor parks in the Breeze'...

04-12-2008, 10:27 PM
we don't have trailor parks in Gulf Breeze.... or as you guys would say..'we ain't got no trailor parks in the Breeze'...

Ironically, the ignorance of your comments is magnified by your actual ignorance.

In other words, both of your renditions are grammatically incorrect. You have also misspelled trailer.

04-13-2008, 04:43 AM
Geeeez Randle, don't you at least give a writen test to your officers before you hire them???..... Ohhh I forgot, all you have to do is run radar..no wait, you have old retired non-sworn do that... your killing me.

04-13-2008, 11:15 AM

Ironically, the ignorance of your comments is magnified by your actual ignorance.

In other words, both of your renditions are grammatically incorrect. You have also misspelled trailer.

Sad but true.

04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Whats' an onclave?

04-14-2008, 06:51 PM
hey bi-stainder.
your boy randle lives in pace. (enclave, not onclave).
so are you saying he is nothing but trailer trash?
seems rather harsh. i know a good many people who live in that area that are fine, upstanding professionals.

DDG
04-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Whats' an onclave?must be a Randle-isum??? ... is "Bi-Stainder" running your campaign as well???

04-15-2008, 01:15 AM
hey bi-stainder.
your boy randle lives in pace. (enclave, not onclave).
so are you saying he is nothing but trailer trash?
seems rather harsh. i know a good many people who live in that area that are fine, upstanding professionals.

Agree!

04-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Whats' an onclave?must be a Randle-isum??? ... is "Bi-Stainder" running your campaign as well???

That is what they call the enclave in the TP.

04-16-2008, 03:02 AM

Sorry but I know many people in Gulf Breeze that are NOT voting for Randle. He is not that popular. Also, your comments on Pace / Milton are very wrong but well taken. The Pace / Pea Ridge / Milton area can make or break you and we plan on making Hall the Sheriff again.

Go back to your trailer park onclave.

PLEASE DO NOT GET MY NAME MIXED WITH THIS "BI-STAINDER."
I GO BY THE NAME OF "BYSTANDER".......Thank you.

And I agree with ANONYMOUS...WE PLAN ON MAKING HALL THE SHERIFF AGAIN!!

04-16-2008, 03:44 AM
How do you plan on doing that???

Robert Randle has the leadership and FBI National Academy.. He's college educated and WE HAVE RAISED ALMOST MORE MONEY than Hall.. think about that... look at Ronnie Mac.. he has raised almost 5 times the money of his closest challanger.

Hall is almost behind us in raising money.. and i think next report we will be in front of VanCamp, (he has a narrow lead on all of us)... so if Hall hasnt raised the money how can he raise the votes???

Time for REAL leadership, Vote Randle!!!!

04-16-2008, 11:46 AM
It appears that Wes is trying to get the most of his $ 250.00 donation to Randle's campaign.

Wes-"Go away"

04-16-2008, 12:23 PM
bi-stainder.
van camp is still in the lead.

04-16-2008, 12:39 PM
bi-stain
You harp about college. Ok, Jeff has a college degree. Now what?
FBI Academy? Hey, I took my mandatory English classes in college but I'm pretty sure it doesn't make me Hemingway.

Taking a class and doing a job are 2 different things. Going to the FBI academy from a itty-bitty department just means it was a boondoggle. A "here robert, you can take that class since we don't have anything better to do than write 36 mph speeding tickets".

Jeff can name accomplishments. Leadership. Management. Not "I'm a member of...". Hey, I'm in "AAA" and I was thinking about switching to geico. is that worth a membership notice?

Jeff was the state president for Crimestoppers. Ran a budget, worked w/the Attorney General, etc. I'd take that over being on the board of directors of the Elks (drinking) lodge.

Ya know, I restrain myself and try to just post positive comments about Jeff and not sling mud. I'm still not slinging but I'm responding to your posts.

You should work on promoting your candidate w/out slipping into the childish realm of deriding the other candidates.

04-16-2008, 08:10 PM
It is about time to rally the SRC residents. We have all seen what our GCG Escambia County residents have accomplished with Code Enforcement, The BOCC, and Roads Inc., congratulations Escambia County GCG residents.

Sheriff Hall has boosted many times that he will not cut deputies because of Amendment One. How honorable of him!!!!!

Guess what! He doesn't have to cut any deputies. We are at rock bottom as it is. We have less deputies on the roads than we have had in the last 10 years.....yet we are listed as the 83rd fastest growing county in the entire United States. Does that make sense? Hell no!

SRCSO has 184 sworn personnel but only 92 provide patrol duties (including the supervisors) in the 5 districts for the entire county. The other 92 are assigned to specialized units, administration, and court security.

What does this mean? When broken down it means we have an average of 2.3 deputies per shift per district covering SRC.. I believe Sheriff Hall's district has a few more on patrol. And remember these deputies are doing their absolute best while working short-handed, with limited backup, and they are getting paid less than the dog-catchers of SRC. Our BOCC does not think they need or deserve a raise.

SRC residents this is a disgrace. Our deputies are being forced to leave because of low pay and low morale.

04-17-2008, 01:18 AM

Robert Randle has the leadership and FBI National Academy.. He's college educated and WE HAVE RAISED ALMOST MORE MONEY than Hall.. think about that... look at Ronnie Mac.. he has raised almost 5 times the money of his closest challanger.

Hall is almost behind us in raising money.. and i think next report we will be in front of VanCamp, (he has a narrow lead on all of us)... so if Hall hasnt raised the money how can he raise the votes???

Being that most FBI agents have ZERO street smarts I would not brag about the NA too much.

Live at six, FBI captures bank robber. How did you catch them? "Well, I drove into the parking lot over there and put my cuffs on him and then I took the deputies cuffs off and returned them."

DDG
04-17-2008, 02:37 PM

Being that most FBI agents have ZERO street smarts I would not brag about the NA too much.

Live at six, FBI captures bank robber. How did you catch them? "Well, I drove into the parking lot over there and put my cuffs on him and then I took the deputies cuffs off and returned them."
too funny, and so true... FBI guys for the most part cant hold my gun belt much less wear it... with a few exceptions..some of the guys are real jam up, but the ones ive worked with here crack me up...

04-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Hey DDG
Are you as stupid as you sound? I call you stupid because it will probably get your attention, not because you are really stupid. Why do you defame a brother law enforcement agency like the FBI? They have a different job than a deputy. Do not try to compare apples and oranges, becasue it will always come back as a "stupid" comment. Bet they say the same about some of the deputies they have worked with. But that does not make it right for either side. If you have an opinion about a brother agency, talk to them on their own site. SRSO has its own issues, keep on track with what is important in your own backyard.

04-17-2008, 06:48 PM
DDG is as stupid as he sounds.

DDG
04-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey DDG
Are you as stupid as you sound? I call you stupid because it will probably get your attention, not because you are really stupid. Why do you defame a brother law enforcement agency like the FBI? They have a different job than a deputy. Do not try to compare apples and oranges, becasue it will always come back as a "stupid" comment. Bet they say the same about some of the deputies they have worked with. But that does not make it right for either side. If you have an opinion about a brother agency, talk to them on their own site. SRSO has its own issues, keep on track with what is important in your own backyard.
Brother, you point is well taken, however, i also feel that some Deputies need to find other careers.. they sweep your back with their gun, cant handle their K-9, and some are just down right dangerous to have around... i`ve seen some deputies that i have to worry more about being shot by them than the bad guy... with that being said, i`ve worked with some very talented and great Deputies... the same goes for the FBI. i have worked with NCIS, and the Marshalls... they are great agencies.. however the FBI... they question Local cops in civil right cases and treat us you like a dirt bag... most don't have local law enforcement experience and couldn't bust their way out of a wet paper bag... i`m the one that goes into the attic to get an armed bank robber and they get the headlines..."FBI nabs armed bank robber" the truth is that their rookie agents are running all over the front yard like Barney Fife and one makes the comment in reference to his raid vest "i`ve never put one of these on before..." Great... i knew i was in for a long morning.

I`m not trying to disrespect the FBI. i think they have the best SRT team in the world, and could challenge SEAL Team 6. i think they are jam up on counter-terrorism. But employment quotas (affermitive action) have hurt their image and hurt their reputation... what hurts our reputation is the lack of college educated Deputies. I have a B.S. Degree, i could have gone Fed. i wanted the real police work, the car chases, the dope bust, the action. In my humble opinion, i feel that a Fed should have a min. of three years street time or military experience before they can become special agents...

Take a look at the State Department... all new hires are college kids from schools like Georgetown, yet they are running government contracts overseas with hired guns (Blackwater et al.) , telling Blackwater how to handle their C.I.`s and getting them into ambushes... all because they lack the real world experience... that's the only point i was trying to make...

I`m sorry if i offended anyone, its just that i`m not impressed with the FBI as a whole. Marshalls are Jam up, and so are Federal Agents that are ex-military or former LEO`s. A kid with a masters and no time pushing a black and white doesn't impress me and gets people killed.

We all have a different job to do, both locals and Feds have great cops/agents and both have ones that need to go.

There is an old saying... its goes alittle like this: Out of 100 people that go into battle, 10 shouldnt be there, 89 will follow, and only 1 will be the one that brings everyone home.

04-17-2008, 07:48 PM
DDG wow... So when you chase down a bank robber and find him in an attic, are you doing it to get mentioned in a headline in the press "HERO COP FINDS BANK ROBBER". Get over yourself.

You make it out to sound like anyone who's not a street deputy has zero knowledge on how to be a cop.

Step back and think about who you really are and what your goal is by posting on here. Your posts have gotten so out of whack in defending and promoting Van Camp that you're really making yourself look bad.

Support the guy if you want, but don't put down others while doing it.

DDG
04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
i wasnt looking for headlines.. just stating my opinion... thats MY opinion, not Jeff`s. I dont have a goal, i have no vested interest other than assisting a friend. i`m not going to get anything from it, i`m happy where i am. i like to express my views.. some agree , some dont, thats fine by me. Thats what makes this country great, we can all have our views and express them. God Bless Us.

04-18-2008, 10:13 AM
DDG wow... So when you chase down a bank robber and find him in an attic, are you doing it to get mentioned in a headline in the press "HERO COP FINDS BANK ROBBER". Get over yourself.

You make it out to sound like anyone who's not a street deputy has zero knowledge on how to be a cop.

Step back and think about who you really are and what your goal is by posting on here. Your posts have gotten so out of whack in defending and promoting Van Camp that you're really making yourself look bad.

Support the guy if you want, but don't put down others while doing it.

DDG, I got your joke and see it in the context you meant to say it in... no offense taken and no apology required.

This is LEO Affairs for Santa Rosa County SO. DDG was giving his opinion as if he were talkign to other cops before muster. I agree with everything he said... and nowhere did he say he wanted headlines. I know a few that have crawled under houses or up in attics to fetch a bank robber and swap cuffs when they turn them over to the FBI and there is a kind of humor there. Many FBI agents are jam up and DDG said that too.

I have met idiots from all branches of law enforcemnt. I am sure some of them are posting here because they are jumping to conclusions (so they are not cops or not very good cops).

For the record, Hall has done a great job (my opinion) and the public is going to want to keep him instead of going with the unknown. Sorry DDG, like I said, the goat is your only chance.

Lesson for today: quit going "Hillary" and "Obama" on us here and taking shizzat out of context.

Have a nice day.
God Bless America.

04-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Oh whatever. DDG is the best cop out there, just ask him - he'll tell you. Maybe he should run for Sheriff? Maybe he is?

DDG
04-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Oh whatever. DDG is the best cop out there, just ask him - he'll tell you. Maybe he should run for Sheriff? Maybe he is?
Are you saying that i am the best cop out here??

Or are you asking if i am running for Sheriff presently????

I`m sure that i`m not the best cop, but i`m pretty good, heck i even solved a few retail-petit thefts recently (suspects 10-97).. and i took a coarse on "middle management" figured that will earn me some butter bars on my shoulder one day.

As for running for Sheriff, i dont think i`d do so well. I like to speak my mind and i`m not always "politically correct". I have a few skeletons in the old closet, and i`d like to keep them there where they belong. (Plus, i spell on a third grade level, id be lost without spell check...which this site needs bad!)

I think that it takes alot of guts for Hall, Van Camp, Roper, and even old "Mr. Personality" himself Randle to run for this position... personally i dont think its worth the pay to get beat up on every four years. But i do commend them for running.

04-18-2008, 09:07 PM

No, I'm the best cop. DDG is in second place.

04-18-2008, 09:31 PM
I'd like to repeat something that I said.
I have absolute respect for every single person that is running for this office.
I've made one or two comments against Mr Randle that in retrospect I shouldn't have hit the old "enter" key but even those were fairly tame.
I respect Mr. Roper's service, I respect Sheriff Hall's service. I respect Mr. Randle's service.

Obviously I'm a Van Camp supporter. I don' hide it. I am also going to respect the fact that Jeff wants to run a clean campaign and not sling mud.

I've been asked many times "just answer the question". And I've replied that the person asking should just call the guy i'm supporting. I can't answer for him. I'm not him. All I am is a supporter, I am not arrogant enough to believe that I know everything he wants to say. I'm also not stupid enough to just jump out and say things for him.

I made my choice based on 1 incredibly simple question.
"What is the best choice for the future of Santa Rosa County?".

My choice was based on vision, ideas, leadership, responsibility, and accountability. I respect every person's right to disagree with me but I would also ask them to stand back and define their criteria and rationale for their choice if they choose to attack my choice.

And before ya'll start, it wasn't just one question. I just had to distill it down to 1 for this post.

thanks.

04-20-2008, 03:32 AM
I'd like to repeat something that I said.
I have absolute respect for every single person that is running for this office.
I've made one or two comments against Mr Randle that in retrospect I shouldn't have hit the old "enter" key but even those were fairly tame.
I respect Mr. Roper's service, I respect Sheriff Hall's service. I respect Mr. Randle's service.

Obviously I'm a Van Camp supporter. I don' hide it. I am also going to respect the fact that Jeff wants to run a clean campaign and not sling mud.

I've been asked many times "just answer the question". And I've replied that the person asking should just call the guy i'm supporting. I can't answer for him. I'm not him. All I am is a supporter, I am not arrogant enough to believe that I know everything he wants to say. I'm also not stupid enough to just jump out and say things for him.

I made my choice based on 1 incredibly simple question.
"What is the best choice for the future of Santa Rosa County?".

My choice was based on vision, ideas, leadership, responsibility, and accountability. I respect every person's right to disagree with me but I would also ask them to stand back and define their criteria and rationale for their choice if they choose to attack my choice.

And before ya'll start, it wasn't just one question. I just had to distill it down to 1 for this post.

thanks.

Wow. Now we all get along. This is good. No surprise. The bottom line is we all probably know each other and we probably even know those from Escambia that post here. We all want the same thing... a good Sheriff that is fair and honest and pro-deputy. In Escambia you have a battle for Sheriff and you need a replacement for who you have. In Santa Rosa, nobody is really screaming for change so there won't be change. McNesby needs to go because you may have a bargaining unit and a contract but all I hear is how he screws you all the time. Hell, I have heard his name over the last 20 years in Santa Rosa from friends over there on what a d. bag he is. The documented times are just the times he got caught.

There really is nothing to complain about at the SO now. No matter who is Sheriff we all want more money and a better deal from them. Work on your reps for the next four years. However, you will have a ton of local competition then and be up against a very organized political machine.

The word on the street is noone wants Randle because of his rep and because of Wes. Van Camp is ok, kind of stereotyped as a "jocko" type and he can't win. Then Roper is a trooper... Nuff said. Good guy but what the hell makes him think he can be a better Sheriff??

So there you go....

ps: The Patron was gift... can't afford that shazzat....

04-20-2008, 08:59 PM
The word I hear is people are voting for Hall because they don't see a problem with the way things are... people are happy with Law Enforcement in Santa Rosa.

DDG
04-21-2008, 02:13 PM
The word I hear is people are voting for Hall because they don't see a problem with the way things are... people are happy with Law Enforcement in Santa Rosa. That may be true, but how about the Deputies and Civilians??? Didnt sound like they were too happy at their FOP meeting?

04-21-2008, 04:18 PM
It don't really matter who is sheriff. Why? The admin will never change! Many years ago a few guys got hired and very few, if none, ever went on the road. They have no patrol experience, they don't have an idea how to work a domestic or a dui. But those are the guys who sit in the office and second guess everything the road deputies do. If they have a boner for somebody they will find a way to get to them. Why is this so important, several sheriffs later they are still there! If we get another sheriff nothing will change. The same guys who heavily supported Brown all lied up to kiss Hall's butt after Hall said he was going going to clean house. Not only did he not clean house, as promised he would, he promoted the same guys you wouldnt trust if your life depended on it. One of those admin "extordinaires" has been in overall command of swat. He don't know the difference between MP5 and a potato gun. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
The word I hear is people are voting for Hall because they don't see a problem with the way things are... people are happy with Law Enforcement in Santa Rosa. That may be true, but how about the Deputies and Civilians??? Didnt sound like they were too happy at their FOP meeting?

Nobody is happy at an FOP meeting.

04-21-2008, 08:04 PM

If Jeff were Sheriff or anyone else, nobody would still be happy.

04-21-2008, 08:13 PM

If Jeff were Sheriff or anyone else, nobody would still be happy. not true. Look at Tampa PD and the good working relationship they have with Admin and Union working together...

04-22-2008, 02:24 AM
This ain't Tampa.

Hall will be Sheriff again. I am not an avid Hall supporter but I can see the forrest through the trees.