PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Confindence in NPPD

02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
You know, I hate the reputation that the NPPD get and I'm sure there must be some officers in the town that actually take pride in what they do. Because I'm sure they dont do it for the money. I would love to "get behind" the department and actually feel like supporting them would help. And Lord knows Ive tried as many others in this town to give them the benift of the doubt. But, they dont help themselves. I have talked to so many people over my 3 years in NP regarding our PD trying to find any of the longer term NP residents who had anything positive to say about the Police or TL. To this date I have found none....

I know alot time the cops get an unjustified bad reputation from "arm chair detectives" who think we all could solve the crimes better than the appointed officers and sometimes I think they are right. I spent several years in serach and rescue and there are many things that I would have done different in a couple of more recent murders in town but that is neither here nor there.

I love living in NP and try very much to get involved in local events and benifits to help our town and awful reputation that we seem to be developing. I also over the past few years have stopped and asked our local PD officers who at the time were not busy (6 occassions) for direction to a few locations within our town and I must admit sadly on all occassions you would have thought that I was bothering them. The attitude that was displayed was appauling. After all I thought the job was to protect and serve and the responces I recieved were not very positive. I think the department needs great help improving it s awful image. And yes, image in important. I never see officers associating with the public apart from issueing speeding tickets. It would help greatly if the got out of those cars and mingled with the public. They spend so much time sitting in the Publics/Walmart parking lots waiting for someone to go through a stop sign. They could walk around appear friendly, say "Hi". Anything to not appear so unapprochable.

I as the majority of this town would love to feel respect for the officers and feel like the we could depend on them in a crisis but, unfortunatley that is not the case. I only hope that a positive change occurs very soon from the very top (TL) down for the sake of the town and the PD.

02-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Let's wait and see what kind of fallout Amendment 1 has on the police department.

02-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes NPPD has the rudest officers around CCSO no problem SSO kinda stuckup but nothing like NPPD I hope i live to see the day that NPPD is gone and it's run by the County....

02-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Weel, I for one moved here because North Port has a reputation of being an aggresive department. That is what a City needs, hence I came here. I don't feel the need to have a cop see me in Publix and say "Hi how are you". I do expect that they will be there to protect me and my family when I need them. I have called the North Port Police a few times over the past few years. They responded in force and took care of the problems. If you are looking for some firendly kiss your you know what than move to Long Boat Key. I like the fact that North Port is aggresive and I encouarge them to remain that way. Thanks to all of the North Port Officers that risk their lives every day and night so my family can stay safe both at home and on the roads.

02-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Weel, I for one moved here because North Port has a reputation of being an aggresive department. That is what a City needs, hence I came here. I don't feel the need to have a cop see me in Publix and say "Hi how are you". I do expect that they will be there to protect me and my family when I need them. I have called the North Port Police a few times over the past few years. They responded in force and took care of the problems. If you are looking for some firendly kiss your you know what than move to Long Boat Key. I like the fact that North Port is aggresive and I encouarge them to remain that way. Thanks to all of the North Port Officers that risk their lives every day and night so my family can stay safe both at home and on the roads.

Cut the bull, what ever officer of the NPPD your are. This is the second time you have posted that bull.

No one is asking the officers to kiss anyone, just act like another equal human being, and not some aloof pr*** that many on the department do.
And it is Longboat Key, and they are just about as crappy in treating people as some of you.

02-25-2008, 09:17 PM
amend 1 is going to be our down fall :cry:

02-25-2008, 11:19 PM
QUIT YOUR CRYING. YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF DRAMA KINGS/QUEENS. IF YOU HATE US SO MUCH, WHY ARE YOU ON OUR BOARD?

02-25-2008, 11:55 PM
QUIT YOUR CRYING. YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF DRAMA KINGS/QUEENS. IF YOU HATE US SO MUCH, WHY ARE YOU ON OUR BOARD?

Please be so kind as to point out where such a statement was made that someone hates the NPPD.
Next, if the information that is being displayed here is upseting to you then there is two answers.
One, don't read them.
Two, change your pompus, aloof work attitude that you display, and there is a great chance that such topics will not be posted.

02-26-2008, 02:02 AM
So here we are again! People, (probably the same person) comes onto North Port's LEO site just to put down the Department with THEIR crappy attitudes glistening amongst these pages. Did you ever think that YOUR the one with the attitude? The internet is a lovely tool in everyone's life with millions of sites! If you don't like it here or have nothing but ridicule for the Officers of this city, then leave!

02-26-2008, 07:12 AM
When it all comes down to it, we are not here to raise your kids, we are not here to solve the problems that you have created for yourself, we are not here to change your diaper when you shit in your pants. We are here to enforce the law, just like every other police agency in the country, and yes that includes traffic. Have you ever wondered why our traffic fatalities are so low? It is not because you know how to drive, it is because you are afraid to get a ticket. That will cause your insurance to go way up and put a strain on your budget. When people don't comply with the law they must be forced to comply, and yes that goes for traffic.

02-26-2008, 10:28 AM
When it all comes down to it, we are not here to raise your kids, we are not here to solve the problems that you have created for yourself, we are not here to change your diaper when you shizzat in your pants. We are here to enforce the law, just like every other police agency in the country, and yes that includes traffic. Have you ever wondered why our traffic fatalities are so low? It is not because you know how to drive, it is because you are afraid to get a ticket. That will cause your insurance to go way up and put a strain on your budget. When people don't comply with the law they must be forced to comply, and yes that goes for traffic.

Great bit of writing, I have not heard a better one on controling the populace through fear since Hitler's Mein Kampf.

The reason you have few fatalities is that there are few major intersections, and a total of less then a dozen traffic lights. Not to mention a little over 2 miles of highway 41, and only two I-75 entrance and exit ramps. So go ahead and fill your bloated ego swelled mine with some more delusions.

It is great that there is no delete or edit abilities on this forum. It allows such prime examples of the arrogant standoffish attitude of the NPPD to be seen in their true thought process at the time of their creation.

The people of North Port are so sorry that they are beneath your contempt. :roll: :roll:

02-26-2008, 05:46 PM
And your self-righteousness is any different?

02-26-2008, 06:58 PM
And your self-righteousness is any different?Hey, I don't see anywhere in that statement that says that the poster was wrong.
Just your Pee Wee Herman responce of "I know you are but what am I?"

What sets alot of peopel on fire on this board is the fact that you do not know who is posting such.
If someone was to publicly state such to you, disagree with you, or worse yet, question you, such a person would become a police magnet in a heartbeat, and would be marked for any kind of traffic stop there was.
Just sayin.

02-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Sounds like some body needs to move to an area where they can rule themself. You have some serious issues and my bet is that you have had bad encounters with the police because your are negative. You have nothing poitive to say about any thing. So keep your diluted ideas of how things should be, you have to live with it, not us. Oh and by the way, I don't work for the Police Department.

02-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Sounds like some body needs to move to an area where they can rule themself. You have some serious issues and my bet is that you have had bad encounters with the police because your are negative. You have nothing poitive to say about any thing. So keep your diluted ideas of how things should be, you have to live with it, not us. Oh and by the way, I don't work for the Police Department.

Perhaps you would love to live in Russia during the great CCCP era and have a KGB type police state.

Don't know about the other poster but I have never had a professional encounter with the PD. I do however hold a fairly equal assessment of the current North Port Police Department.
I come from a three generation LEO family. 21 years as a Columbus Oh police officer retired now 25 years and living here in North Port for just as long. I have known just about every chief, and deputy chief, ( till the position was eliminated) that North Port has had, with the exception of the current chief.
In the years that I have lived here, I have never seen a more ****y, arrogant batch of officers here then the ones I have seen in the last 10 years.
I am talking both on duty and off as well.

02-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Sir, Your response was gladly appriciated and congrats to you for your 21 years service. It must be very difficult for a gentleman like to to observe the constant decline of professionalism within our town. It very sad and difficult to put these comments on the site sometimes as so many of the immature officers post realy stupid replies. I do sincerely hope that the Chief takes notice before its to late..

All the best

02-27-2008, 09:07 PM

Perhaps you would love to live in Russia during the great CCCP era and have a KGB type police state.

Don't know about the other poster but I have never had a professional encounter with the PD. I do however hold a fairly equal assessment of the current North Port Police Department.
I come from a three generation LEO family. 21 years as a Columbus Oh police officer retired now 25 years and living here in North Port for just as long. I have known just about every chief, and deputy chief, ( till the position was eliminated) that North Port has had, with the exception of the current chief.
In the years that I have lived here, I have never seen a more ****y, arrogant batch of officers here then the ones I have seen in the last 10 years.
I am talking both on duty and off as well.

Please tell us what you would like to see the NPPD do and how.