PDA

View Full Version : 2% increase

02-23-2008, 02:51 PM
First of all we are told that we are not getting a COLA increase this year. Then Law enforcement and sworn are given a 2%, usually what a COLA is. Civilians are not given anything so far. Why the about face and why wasn't everyone given 2%? Yes I am civilian but my hubby is sworn so I still get some benefit. Just curious why we weren't told the truth from the beginning.

02-23-2008, 06:23 PM
No one lied to you.. we, in law enforcement, were told we werent getting anything, COLA, etc. 2% is something better then nothing. Civilians will get their raise, if youve been around long enough, they have never given raises to civilians and law enforcement at the same time. Always been a few years apart.

Public sector pay is always lower then the private sector, but just be glad you have a job when many agencies and business are doing lay offs.

02-24-2008, 01:48 AM
what 2%

02-24-2008, 04:10 AM
s7, there was a notice put in your box(sworn) that the sheriff is giving us a 2% pay bump.

as for this being an about face,

we get 2% for cola even though we were told we were not. i am sure this is a response to lpd's contract ratification. their raise is in the ball park of 17-20% depending on position\time in service. i am happy to get a raise but 2% isn't much in the face of other agencies pay.

lpd may pay for their pension and union dues but they're still making more money to do less work with more people. i have no illusions that we will make lpd's money,ever. i would like to close the gap by more than 2%.

02-24-2008, 10:09 PM
what's stopping you from applying at LPD?

02-25-2008, 02:20 AM
Then go to LPD if you want! They're not happy over there either. What a worthless freakin' police dept (supervision and up). I'd be surprised if they ever help anybody in that d**n town with they're pompass a$$ attitude. Lazy f***ers! They have a few sgt's and lt's over there that I wouldn't stop and piss on if they were on fire.