PDA

View Full Version : New Recruits

02-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Is it me or are the majority of our new hires seriously lacking the most basic skills? From what I have witnessed and heard the future of DPD might be in for some trouble. I wouldn't want to be a FTO right about now. They have the most thankless position in the department.

02-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Seems to me that it's not the new recruits you have to worry about...but the veteran cops making bad decisions on a critical incident. You can't blame the new recruits for this screw-up...

"Why didn't Davie SWAT enter the house immediately to check on the woman that was shot? Who decided to negotiate with this guy not knowing if this woman was alive or dead? Who was the idiot sergeant in charge of that scene? Who determined that this woman was dead upon their arrrival?

Davie SWAT should have entered the house immediately and checked on the woman in the event she was still alive. The SWAT commander should have made a decision and entered. Davie PD was more concerned with the shooter than they were with the woman....Davie PD it's called exigent circumstances. Idiots. "

02-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Wow, you sound like you have all the answers. Since you knew what was best to do why didn't you dawn your riot gear and bust through the front door and save her yourself?

I know the answer to this. Because a guy with a gun that had just killed someone was inside waiting for your ass that's why.

This wasn't an active shooter scenario. I'm not even in SRT and know that it was in their best interest not to storm the house. WE ALL came out alive and that's what matters.

Monday night quaterback all you want. Our families got to see us at the end of our shift.

02-23-2008, 01:31 AM
we are worried more on hiring recruits that can write a book, and are nerds. rather than someone who has common sense and some initiative.

02-23-2008, 01:50 AM
we are worried more on hiring recruits that can write a book, and are nerds. rather than someone who has common sense and some initiative.

I don't get it.

02-23-2008, 02:31 AM
Seems like you lost your nuts too. Your job as a polieman is to try and save lives not let them die. Active shooter my ass...SWAT trains for exactly that type of scenario. I bet the SWAT team wanted to go into the house but they were ordered to wait.

("Because a guy with a gun that had just killed someone was inside waiting for your ass that's why." ) Tell that to the family.

You need to find another job.

02-23-2008, 02:32 AM
Seems to me that it's not the new recruits you have to worry about...but the veteran cops making bad decisions on a critical incident. You can't blame the new recruits for this screw-up...

"Why didn't Davie SWAT enter the house immediately to check on the woman that was shot? Who decided to negotiate with this guy not knowing if this woman was alive or dead? Who was the idiot sergeant in charge of that scene? Who determined that this woman was dead upon their arrrival?

Davie SWAT should have entered the house immediately and checked on the woman in the event she was still alive. The SWAT commander should have made a decision and entered. Davie PD was more concerned with the shooter than they were with the woman....Davie PD it's called exigent circumstances. Idiots. "

You're kidding me, right? I hope to God that you don't work with us.. Please, if you are a Davie Officer, identify yourself. Just your ID number would be fine. That way we all know to stay away from you on calls while you put on your superman costume and get killed...

My favorite line in this is "Davie PD was more concerned with the shooter than they were with the woman." Well, duh.... The shooter HAS A GUN, you moron. HE CAN KILL YOU. If you're NOT concerned with the shooter, then something is wrong with you. What sort of tactical background do you have?????????? This has GOT to be the absolute most absurd post I've ever read......... It scares the hell out of me to think that there might be someone out there who ACTUALLY thinks like this... Holy crap!

02-23-2008, 02:34 AM
Seems like you lost your nuts too. Your job as a polieman is to try and save lives not let them die. Active shooter my ass...SWAT trains for exactly that type of scenario. I bet the SWAT team wanted to go into the house but they were ordered to wait.

("Because a guy with a gun that had just killed someone was inside waiting for your ass that's why." ) Tell that to the family.

You need to find another job.

Dude, you've watched WAY too many movies. Please, please, please, if you are a cop, quit now before your stupidity gets you into a situation where you are killed....