PDA

View Full Version : homeless *******s

02-22-2008, 08:40 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 5622.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-0222homeless,0,1745622.story)

Some of the workshop members had already complained to City Hall about the indigents on downtown streets, leaving the rancid smell of urine, stealing food off plates at outdoor cafes, chasing away business and offending tourists.

But before they could say much Thursday morning, a man walked into the meeting dressed shabbily, with plaid pajama pants and a T-shirt over several layers of other clothing.

"When you see people dressed the way I'm dressed today, disheveled, dirty, maybe smelly," the man said, "… that doesn't make them derelicts, undesirables.

On our streets, on any given day in Fort Lauderdale, there are many people dressed like this that are lawyers, doctors. I've had policemen, and I have even had businessmen like you. They're in a state of crisis."

He then shed his street clothes to reveal dress slacks, a dress shirt and tie. He was Jaime Costas, one of three Fort Lauderdale police officers assigned solely to the city's homeless people.

Costas launched into a speech that crossed into sermon. Tears streamed down his face as he told the business crowd that "these people don't have a disease," and that they "need intelligent people like you and I that have all their issues organized, to help them."

Any one of you, he told the crowd of about 40, is only a crisis away from being homeless yourself.

"Homelessness is not a crime," he said. "The city of Fort Lauderdale does not arrest people simply for being homeless."

WTF is this garbage

Get these diseased, dirty filthy fvcks off the streets. I dont want to smell them while I eat my $150 dinner.
[/quote]

02-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Any one of you, he told the crowd of about 40, is only a crisis away from being homeless yourself.

This is so true!

02-25-2008, 01:12 PM

This is so true!
Yeah, because most of our guys don't put anything in deferred comp, let alone have enough savings to make it through a rough patch. If you live paycheck-to-paycheck and rely on your details, you're setting yourself up for failure. Be fiscally responsible, and take care of your family and yourself.

D'ya really think any of these improvised-cardboard-sign-manufacturers and urban campers had a backup plan? (That is, other than "drink heavily" / "smoke rock")

This is ree-tah-did. Back to sh*t that really matters: It had better be standing room only on Tuesday. If you're not there, you've got no room to b*tch.

02-25-2008, 07:10 PM
It should behove the public to know that an officer is sent every morning to city hall to clear the bums off the door step, so the mayor doesn't have to deal with them. NICE HUH

02-25-2008, 11:34 PM
You mean "behoove", don't you? Dumb arse

02-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Crying speech or not. Homeless people stink. They should only be allowed to eat out of dumpsters and not where hard working people have to see or smell them.

02-26-2008, 01:20 AM
You mean "behoove", don't you? Dumb arse
I was giving him credit for even knowing that word existed.

02-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Don't worry we have Hannemman and Lilly on the job every morning.

02-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I thought unlimited eating out of dumpsters and sleeping in front of city hall was part of our retirement package.

02-28-2008, 09:49 PM
No that's the city's view of our union package

03-05-2008, 04:22 AM

NO THEY DONT DO ANYTHING AT ALL, EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE NOT COPS AND NOT RELIABLE, AND THAT WOULD BE WORK FOR THEM

03-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Crying speech or not. Homeless people stink. They should only be allowed to eat out of dumpsters and not where hard working people have to see or smell them.

Let me guess.....compassionate is not your middle name?

03-05-2008, 10:11 PM

Let me guess..... Liberal is your political slant?

03-05-2008, 10:13 PM

NO THEY DONT DO ANYTHING AT ALL, EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE NOT COPS AND NOT RELIABLE, AND THAT WOULD BE WORK FOR THEM
Hey, ever hear of this new thing called "sarcasm?" It's where you say the opposite of what you really mean for dramatic effect. Try it out sometime.

03-05-2008, 10:27 PM

No, actually not. However, I am not sure I would say they should only be allowed to eat out of dumpsters, etc. Personally, I wonder how they could let themselves get into that situation. Didnt study in school? No family or friends to help them out? Spent all their money on drugs or booze? Cant they get some welfare like others & at least try to get their feet on the ground. I am no bleeding heart, but I certainly wouldnt wish that fate on anyone.

03-06-2008, 01:21 AM

No, actually not. However, I am not sure I would say they should only be allowed to eat out of dumpsters, etc. Personally, I wonder how they could let themselves get into that situation. Didnt study in school? No family or friends to help them out? Spent all their money on drugs or booze? Cant they get some welfare like others & at least try to get their feet on the ground. I am no bleeding heart, but I certainly wouldnt wish that fate on anyone.
I'll tell ya how they got into that position: Weakness. To the bottle, the pipe, or the needle. They didn't prepare for what life threw at them, or (more likely) they gave up on life when things got rough. You probably have a retirement fund and/or savings, and can't imagine that position because you're prepared for what life may throw at you.

THAT is why I don't feel sorry for human filth.

03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
[quote=Anonymous]Crying speech or not. Homeless people stink. They should only be allowed to eat out of dumpsters and not where hard working people have to see or smell them.

I'll tell ya how they got into that position: Weakness. To the bottle, the pipe, or the needle. They didn't prepare for what life threw at them, or (more likely) they gave up on life when things got rough. You probably have a retirement fund and/or savings, and can't imagine that position because you're prepared for what life may throw at you.

You're right, that I do plan for my retirement, with my pension & IRA's, etc, however, I do know that sometimes s*** happens. But like I said in my previous post, I certainly don't wish any ill will on these people. But I certainly can't relate how & why they got into this mess. When I see them begging on the street corners with their plastic milk jugs I think to myself, why cant they clean themselves up & get a job? Even a low paying job is a job with regular pay & perhaps even some benefits. It would keep them off the street & they would be able to apply for some housing, etc. I know my life didn't pan out as I thought, after getting divorced, etc, but I still luckily have a nest egg to fall back on. Just my 2 cents. :-)

THAT is why I don't feel sorry for human filth.[/quote:3sl4t55e]

03-06-2008, 02:28 PM
[quote=Anonymous]Crying speech or not. Homeless people stink. They should only be allowed to eat out of dumpsters and not where hard working people have to see or smell them.

You're right, that I do plan for my retirement, with my pension & IRA's, etc, however, I do know that sometimes s*** happens. But like I said in my previous post, I certainly don't wish any ill will on these people. But I certainly can't relate how & why they got into this mess. When I see them begging on the street corners with their plastic milk jugs I think to myself, why cant they clean themselves up & get a job? Even a low paying job is a job with regular pay & perhaps even some benefits. It would keep them off the street & they would be able to apply for some housing, etc. I know my life didn't pan out as I thought, after getting divorced, etc, but I still luckily have a nest egg to fall back on. Just my 2 cents. :-)

THAT is why I don't feel sorry for human filth.[/quote:1uuhnzjg]

Somehow my last post got caught in the middle of the previous post! Sorry bout that

03-10-2008, 01:29 PM
te

03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
My poops make my stomach hurt.

03-20-2008, 01:44 PM
J. Acosta WTF be a cop! Not a social worker you punk.

04-20-2008, 04:36 AM
8)