PDA

View Full Version : Disney World and Guns

02-22-2008, 04:17 AM
I am a full-time, sworn officer here in Florida. My family is visiting Disney World next month and I have heard that LEOs are not allowed to bring their pistol inside the park.

Is this true? What's the deal with that? Is there a place at the gate to lock up my gun if needed?

02-22-2008, 04:38 AM
I am a full-time, sworn officer here in Florida. My family is visiting Disney World next month and I have heard that LEOs are not allowed to bring their pistol inside the park.

Is this true? What's the deal with that? Is there a place at the gate to lock up my gun if needed?

I don't know what the official policy is, but I have been there a number of times over the last 2 years. They inspect any bags you are carrying. The didn't have metal detectors. If you carry it on your person, I don't see a problem with it as long as you keep it concealed.

02-23-2008, 05:33 PM
A stupid question. Why would you need a gun at Disney world? I heard Mickey becomes violent and might batter you but I don't think there is a need for a gun. Are you new and need to be cool with your gun. I heard if you flash your badge at the front gate they walk you in for free.

02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Wow! I guess you shouldnt carry at the mall or church. Watch the news Mickey, I'm not gonna be the one not able to protect my family...

02-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Sorry Mickey, but you are a victim. A sheep in human clothing.

Gun free zones, such as those at Virginia Tech, Trolley Square, and the entire District of Columbia, are not crime free. I suspect Disney World isn't crime free either.

I honestly hope you are not a deputy or officer. With that kind of blind outlook you are another statistic waiting to happen.

Personally, I have survived more than one violent encounter with an armed subject. While I hope to never deal with another, I plan to always be able to defend my family.

02-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Be discreet and you wont have a problem. If you are still concerned, find one of the deputies working near the turnstiles and talk to him/her. Don't mention it to Disney security - they don't know what they are talking about half the time.

Britcop
03-19-2008, 05:56 PM
A stupid question. Why would you need a gun at Disney world? I heard Mickey becomes violent and might batter you but I don't think there is a need for a gun. Are you new and need to be cool with your gun. I heard if you flash your badge at the front gate they walk you in for free.

Obviously you're not a cop. I carry my gun EVERYWHERE. The posters question was not a stupid one. Your response however, was. In answer to the question, as someone else pointed out, they have no metal detectors so if you carry your weapon on you you'll be ok. If you feel better checking the gun in, the security office will put it in one of their lockers for you and give you a receipt. Don't flash your badge at the gate, Disney won't let you in for free and you'll just make an ass out of yourself, which I'm sure was the bloggers intention. Have fun brother.

09-18-2008, 08:07 PM

I have taken my family to Disney several times over the past 13 years. I always lock up my sig 0 in the room safe. I have never seen a need for me to carry it on my person. Most of the time it is too warm to wear enough clothes to conceal the firearm.