PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal?

02-17-2008, 11:08 PM
This morning I was onboard a government van with government tags along with 5 other individuals. We were all wearing our U.S Army uniforms and are members of the national guard. I am also a police officer for Miami as well as being a soldier. We were travelling southbound on I- 95 at 4:30 A.M going from our armory Located in Belvedere down to Miami for a soldier show. A little blue mini van not doing more than 70. We were passing through Lake Worth and we pass a White marked L.W.P.D suv unit. Two minutes later we get pulled over. I am thinking the officer might just want to talk to us. This particular officer a tall white guy with a muystache and squared glasses goes up to my window on the passenger side and is a real douche. He asks my driver a Sgt. " Any reason you guys are doing an unlawful speed?" Here I am staring at this guy like " are you kidding me" The officer never aknowledges we are in Army uniforms. He continues telling us how the area is a construction zone or some crap. Never mind the vehicles flying by us at great speeds. i could not believe the guy was lecturing us telling us " you need to slow down and do a lawful speed" The guy never said thank you for serving your country or anything. In the van we had 4 vets and myself a 2 time Iraq vet and a Police Officer! I was really pissed at the guy and man did L.W.P.D make a bad impression with this dude. Please tell me what is his deal? As a P.O I would never do something like that and as a combat vet I felt we were all insulted.

02-17-2008, 11:34 PM
He is a Sgt if he is driving a SUV. It sounds like J.R. and he is an good guy. He is a traffic hump. He likes the traffic stuff. He is or was a military guy. If you guys were not military you would have a ticket to pay. He cut you a break because of that I'm sure. You got to know the guy. He is not the type to bust the balls of another cop. I hope your next run in with LWPD is a much better one. Most of the guys/gals have better curb side manner. Except one. She gave a brand new hire a ticket as he left the PD on the day he was hired. He was not even in the academy yet. He went past a stop sign outside the PD on the side street. She handed him the ticket and said good luck in the academy. She is a piece of crap and everyone hates her for that.

02-18-2008, 05:04 AM
"Ned Flanders" is a clueless sgt. he only does traffic stuff. he probably had his wrong glasses on and couldn't see your uniforms or badges. sorry about the bad impression. we have enough problems in the city without going out on the highway to do traffic enforcement.

ref that female cop writing one of our own, some officers took up a collection to pay for his ticket. shes on borrowed time.

02-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Military Veteran or not what off duty police officer with any common sense is gong to drive by a marked police vehicle at 25 MPH over the speed limit (You were actually doing 80 in a 55 MPH construction zone) and not expect to get pulled over. You weren't driving an up armored HUMMV, you were in an unmarked minivan with tinted rear windows. As a rookie police officer I am sure that you expect everybody in the world to know who you are as you pass by them at 80mph (at 0430 in the morning) but in the real world you don't usually know who you are stopping until you at least have the vehicle pulled over and illuminated with your spotlight. By the way the tag said US Government, not "Veteran on Board". I have the utmost respect for Soldiers and appreciate their (and your) sacrafices while serving in the Middle East. . My father, uncle and brother-in-law all retired from the military and I have a nephew who was awarded a Bronze Star last year and has served in both Iraq and Afganastan, I also served 19 years in the reserves. That is why your Sgt. got off without so much as even a written warning. I got pulled over by an FHP trooper several years ago who didn't walk away until she had given me a serious tongue lashing for being a police officer and speeding in a construction zone. I could have cried about it to everybody on the internet but, you know what, she was right and I was in the wrong. Enough said.

02-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Military Veteran or not what off duty police officer with any common sense is gong to drive by a marked police vehicle at 25 MPH over the speed limit (You were actually doing 80 in a 55 MPH construction zone) and not expect to get pulled over. You weren't driving an up armored HUMMV, you were in an unmarked minivan with tinted rear windows. As a rookie police officer I am sure that you expect everybody in the world to know who you are as you pass by them at 80mph (at 0430 in the morning) but in the real world you don't usually know who you are stopping until you at least have the vehicle pulled over and illuminated with your spotlight. By the way the tag said US Government, not "Veteran on Board". I have the utmost respect for Soldiers and appreciate their (and your) sacrafices while serving in the Middle East. . My father, uncle and brother-in-law all retired from the military and I have a nephew who was awarded a Bronze Star last year and has served in both Iraq and Afganastan, I also served 19 years in the reserves. That is why your Sgt. got off without so much as even a written warning. I got pulled over by an FHP trooper several years ago who didn't walk away until she had given me a serious tongue lashing for being a police officer and speeding in a construction zone. I could have cried about it to everybody on the internet but, you know what, she was right and I was in the wrong. Enough said.
Did you tell your nephew what you did?You should have stroked us guy. I would have showed up to court in my P.O uniform and the others in there military uniforms. What the hell was your P.C to stop us anyways? Unless you had radar you wouldnt have been able to do anything. Whatever "ned" you gave your dept. a bad name and whats worse one of your P.O's was in our unit and fought in Iraq alongside us and one of my best friends, was a former L.W p.o OFc. Moore who now works P.B.S.O I wish you had given the driver a ticket, I would have loved to be in that courtroom.

02-18-2008, 01:47 PM
To City of Miami Cop

Your driver was wrong. Be thankful he let him go without a citation. Ned may not have had much of a personality (just like your buddy John Moore) at 0430hrs, but remember nobody got a citation. Be thankful and move on. Be safe down south.

02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Last time I checked...Ned Flanders seemed to be the smartest one on that cartoon show. Seemed like one or two of the occupants in the minivan might have taken the role of "Baby Maggie." It is amazing how the story changes when you hear the other side to it. I'm with my Sergeant on this one. To the Miami Officer, if you knew Sgt. J.R. You wouldn't have disrespected him like the way you did with the postings. Please don't lecture him on service. Stay safe out there brother.

Don't take it personal.

02-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Hey Miami boy........"Kilo Mike Alpha"

What a Quief.

02-19-2008, 06:12 PM
No wonder no one likes Lake Worth. They trash PBSo they trash themselves. Is this agency even make accredidation standards. If I was a LW Cop I would not want to get caught out of my 3 mile jurisdiction or you may get a @@@@@

02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
hey ned your a disgrace. people in l.w know, people in palm beach know, p.b.s.o knows, now people down in miami know about you. thank god i left rinky dink piss ant lake worth. you should have joined f.h.p you cant handle real calls "ned"

02-20-2008, 10:03 PM
I wasnt going to get involved in this thread but, here I am.
First: You are all acting like babies, whining about this and that and saying things that are just stupid.
Second: To the original poster, I am a LWPD Sgt and I am presently in Iraq. I and my two fellow officers that are here with me, have recieved nothing but admiratiion and support from our entire PD. OK he did not acknowledge your sacrifice and who you are, is that a requirement? No, We do not expect anything in return for our service and neither should you. The SGT in question did exercise his professional courtesy and did not write a ticket. Be happy with that.
Third: Again no-one can act like an adult on this site and not write inconsiderate nonsense about fellow officers and other agencies, so just stay off this site.

Final: To any other Miami officers or any other law enforcement agency reading this. The actions of a few should not be considered as the representation of the entire group.

02-21-2008, 05:17 AM
Maybe I'm just out of touch, but who the hell is "Ned Flander"

02-21-2008, 07:19 PM
The Simpsons!!! The yellow cartoon people. Bart Simpson. Go to www.thesimpsons.com (http://www.thesimpsons.com)