PDA

View Full Version : LEO Courtesy/ Security Apartments

02-17-2008, 03:25 PM
I was curious if anyone knows of any courtesy officer/security apartments in the clearwater area?

02-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Is this Office of Professional Standards bait or what? Are you serious? You must be new if you are asking this. Ask SA where you can get a good deal on an apartment.

Billy The Kid
02-19-2008, 03:02 AM
Actually you should find Mc Cabe and ask him.

02-19-2008, 03:21 AM
With this economy the way it's going, and the direction it appears we are heading to come contract time, I suggest the Chief and Staff revisit the policy on courtesy officers.

I really don't know of any other agencies that forbid it like we do and I don't know why. I'm sure they can come up with some type of reasoning but the fact is that it can be a benefit to help officers in their financial survival.

I know of several deputies that used their department's policy to help them during their times in struggle, I.E. Divorce, or other financial disaster.

I know of quite a few young families, single guys starting out, or recent divorcees here that would substantially benefit in changing our policy. It's a Lifeline when they have few to no options for them to succeed financially otherwise.

A benefit with no cost to the City. I'm not in any of the above situations but I'm just honestly assessing the possibility that any of us could be thrown into the situation for a variety of reasons.

Any support out there?

02-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Free donuts, free coffee, discounted or free meals. NO FREE RENT.....pppaallleeezzzze!!!!

02-20-2008, 01:18 AM
stop the thread now, enough said.

02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Stop the thread...WHY?.......Fellow officer not thinking before typing..AGAIN!!!!