PDA

View Full Version : To those who slander ponder the future and your direction

02-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Wow this stuff on leo affairs is getting almost to much to bear....can't figure out why I come back but I figure it's like bad tv...once you have had to much of it you keep coming back. I would like to address some of the guys/girls who have made some of the recent posts . First and foremost I don't recall anyone being bullied into anything as far as blue card retraction. In fact if I recall correctly the Unions strongest supporters in the beginning were also some of the strongest police officers in the department. When they actually began to dig deeper and then made a personal choice to retract their blue card when they found the Union wasn't what it was made out to be no one was forced into a blue card retraction...they came running. The problem with the entire union initiation was the fact it was made up of a bunch of followers who just knew their favorite DT instructor, etc was thinking about joining and when they found out he changed his mind it was done. Period. I am sure many can guess who that person is and in my book he did everything how it should have been done...stood behind his own convictions and actually educated himself.
Next I would like to address the person who stated the meeting at Tequillas with the Detectives and the Patrol Officers was great because everyone was united. Your right to the extent that everyone there wanted to understand what was going on...but as far as your enduendo that the majority of the Detectives were behind the Union was far from true...I was there...and asked a majority of the questions and though I was impressed with the ideals that were presented it was easy to see the Union rep was a salesman and just there to persued.(I.E. "Auburdale is happy" then upon being reminded they were in turmoil "O right...well thats because they are idots") So don't talk like the entire PD was on board from the get go...just some like to be informed and hear both sides to every story. You have to remember the Detectives are patrol officers with another uniform. No different no matter what your opinion is. Most of us would give you guys on patrol everythign we could to help you out. I have seen it countless times. And most realize you are the muscle of our investigations....it is not a "you" vs. "us" mentallity and ifyou think that shame on you. Say that to the McDowells, Wards, Millichs, Mucks, Maurer's, and Gilmore's face and you will see sadness that you don't embrace them as they embrace you.
Now onto the past Ofc. of the year. The fact is he is just like most of you staunch supporters who have been in for a very short time indeed. You come in and pray for the jobs, get hired and then immediatly want change because a certain Sgt. or two suggests it. Come on guys ....why don't you learn the job before you start to gripe. And what are you griping about? Again and again I ask people what the complaints are and again and again you guys come up with sad reasoning attempts. You prey on the rookies, the guys who are still with FTO's or those who have just gotten out of FTO because you know they are easily persueded. How ashamed should you be to include them in your unhappiness. Speak with the older officers as I have, the ones who have been union in the past, or the ones who have put the time in....they will give you their honest opinions. Talk to Oz who though he is tight with the command has never been anything but honest to me regardless of possible back lash. He was union....he will tell you it won't benefit him, but will be glad to give his opinon.
Let's see whats next? O right the person who stated the chain of command is firing those who are thought to be leaders. Are you serious? Duncan was a leader of the union? I seriously doubt it and if he was am suprised so many were initially interested....he didnt give a rats ass about or department or the proffession in general which is obvious in the actions that justly led to his departure. And Salerno? Come on man...Joe was a nice guy and I feel for him but if your enduendo is he was canned because he was pro union I can think of about two or three people who would be a better choice to get rid of if the goal was to quell the union.
I am just tired of all of these assumptions being made by the same 2-3 people who are set on ruining reputations for the benefit of theirs. If you are union great...make your case move on. If you arent ...great make your case and move on. Chief presented his opininon in what I think was good form. He expressed his disapproval of the Union but was open to anyone with questions and provided what I think was pretty sound opinions. The problem with most of the pro union guys....is they push their own away by their disrespect and disregard for the reputations of those they once modeled themselves after until they were turned down for SWAT, or K-9, or CIU. Trust me the same can be said for certain people who work under the chief. When they/he speaks about the union it makes everyone want to go sign a blue card immediatly...lol, but I guess both sides have them. Point is...make your case, don't slander, and move on.
I am a company man you could say. I want to rise through the ranks and stay at the PD. But i also consider myself outspoken and a person of personal conviction. I am not going to vote yes for the union. But you will not hear me slander anyone who is pro union and has sound reasoning behind their beliefs. I am on the EAB (I know....shocker right? Go ahead make your jokes! ) and have to say after the first meeting of the new EAB the other day your voice is heard. This is not the EAB of old where silence and politeness were rewarded...you have strong people speaking out on your behalf and arguing with Chief for their convictions. You have Ward who as we all know is crazy but damn if he doesnt stand firm. Millich is on there and I think very few can doubt his sincerity to what is right and his willingness to state was he thinks is right regardless of the opposition. Trent is on there now and from what I saw he is being honest and forthright and brings a quiet intelligence to the group. Singletary is present of course and while he may be super dedicated to cheif he is clear on the issues and cares about his troops. I say this from being under his command on patrol....he is bucking for rank like many but he will fight like a dog for his people and reward those who are deserving. Patrol is going to have Douglas represent them besides Eckard and he is a good person to do it. Maurer just got placed and from what I hear is sincere in his ways. Lindsey can hold an ear and that is a good thing in that room and that should make you happy. But the thing most impressive was chief. He was willing to discuss anything and evreything and it is more of a forum for change than a complaint department.
Sit down and think about the future. Could the Union help? Perhaps it could. Perhaps not. I am thinking no for me but if yes for you go for it man. I just hope it is not because you are following a person besides yourself ! Damn...what an awful thing that would be. Follow your mentors and your friends when it comes to performance not based on your convictions. This was my statement and this was my conviction. You are entitled to yours.
Sincerely,
Detective who cares

02-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Wow dream on if the union vote fails the new EAB will be as effective as the old. Which we know how good that was. I do not blame the members, but we know how things get done when their is no talk of a union. I am just standing by my convictions and will always do so I hope everyone else can say the same . The only reason nonunion supporters give against the union is it will take power from the chief. Heaven forbid that we would like a say in our future. Like more officers in stead of a plane. Which rumor was started by two officers who work directly for chief. Standing for what I believe in always ROCK THE VOTE which is a 100% anonymous.

02-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Still waiting for EAB minutes from last meeting. Maybe you should spend time typing those instead of accusing union people of preying on rookies. They are included in vote and need to hear both sides. :twisted:

02-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Don't blast anyone for not having the EAB minutes posted from the last meeting yet. I am the secretary for the EAB and have been effectively down since the meeting on Wednesday with a severe case of the flu. I actually was out sick the day of the meeting but dragged myself in to represent some issues that had come to my attention.

As I am now just getting to be able to function a little I will try to work on the minutes this weekend and get them to chief's desk on Monday. Should be posted very soon after that.

I apologize to everyone for the delay. 301

02-18-2008, 06:53 PM
The problem with most of the pro union guys....is they push their own away by their disrespect and disregard for the reputations of those they once modeled themselves after until they were turned down for SWAT, or K-9, or CIU.
But you will not hear me slander anyone who is pro union

So calling officers disrespectful is not slandering anyone?

02-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Some idiot wrote:

"The only reason nonunion supporters give against the union is it will take power from the chief. Heaven forbid that we would like a say in our future. Like more officers in stead of a plane. Which rumor was started by two officers who work directly for chief."

This statement obviously reveals your lack of intelligence and willingness to state anything to further your failing cause. First of all, your spelling and grammar reflects your unwillingness to learn or advance yourself. If you were at all concerned with improving yourself, because after all that’s what the union is about, you would attend college and learn how to spell and punctuate correctly. Of course, if you were attending college, you wouldn’t have time to sit on LEO Affairs and wage unwarranted personal attacks on innocent people …and we wouldn’t want that. Come on pal…take some pride in what you write if you believe so strongly about it.

Second of all, being one of the "two officers who work directly for the chief", I will go ahead and inform you, since you think you know so much, that we were not the ones who started in the rumor regarding the plane. In fact, I discuss no aspects of the projects or research I am conducting on behalf of the chief for that very reason. Idiots like yourself then take the information and contort it to fit into your nice little pro union propaganda campaign. If any information was gleaned regarding an effort to obtain an airplane for this department, it came from someone who obviously had no idea what they were talking about and who has a knack for blowing things completely out of proportion. Do you honestly think that during this time of government cutbacks and fiscal crisis, the City of Plant City would even entertain the idea of purchasing an airplane? If so, go sit in on a City Commission meeting. You will soon learn that the commission is committed to cutting back frivolous expenditures such as buying an airplane. Of course, that would require you set aside your myopic views on life, push yourself away from the keyboard and LEO Affairs, and listen to other perspectives on the reality of world around you.

If you want to be a social activist, there are plenty other things to ***** about. You should be concerned about real life issues like what the presidential candidates are discussing and how it will affect you and your family, or how we unite against a governor who will stop at nothing to cut funding for education, law enforcement and social programs. Why don’t you Rock that Vote? Those are the things adults concern themselves with, not whether the union can get a mini fridge installed in the trunk of our patrol car, get our guns issued to us when we retire, or get us 10 cents more an hour after three years of fighting with the city.

In conclusion, stop making outlandish and uneducated statements about people. You just make yourself look more ignorant and sully the profession of law enforcement. If you don’t like working here, leave. You probably haven’t been here long enough for us to remember your name after a year anyway, so it’s no big loss. Good luck voting today and don’t rock the vote to hard, it might tip over and drown you in your own stupidity.

02-19-2008, 07:48 PM
250, I respect your views on this issue, however I also think calling people "idiots" on this forum was a little bit innapropriate coming from someone who wants to be a Seargant, which involves becoming a leader of our troops. That's a positive way to motivate people to work for you. You don't disclose information on projects your working on? I guess text messages, and conversations are not a form of disclosing information on what are rumors and what are not. If you truly feel the only people who believe the union can make positive changes in our department are "rookies" then you are sadly mistaken. If memory serves me right you were pro-union at one time too until tables turned in your favor. How quick opinions change and judgment forms. People need the chance to be truly educated, both for and against the union. The union might not be the fix in everyones eyes but it is a choice everyone has the option to make. Everyone has an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own without being slandered, and called idiots. That is why elections are held, for every person to have the opportunity to express their opinion in an official format. What is wrong with this? Would it be better to live in a society where your opinion does not matter, and you are prohibited from voicing your opinion and must go with what is handed to you? I'd like to think you are a hard working American, who wants things the American way. Why don't you allow people to make a decision based on their own research and views, rather than slandering hard working officers who are both seasoned vet's and rookies alike. The best thing about America is the chance to live free and make our own decisions. Let's do that, and move on.

To all officers, pro-union or not, the time has come to make a choice. We can continue on the road we are on, or we can make a change. You have had time to educate yourself. I hope that all have taken the time to due so as it is critical to your future here in this department that we all love no matter what our views are.

02-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Some idiot wrote:

"The only reason nonunion supporters give against the union is it will take power from the chief. Heaven forbid that we would like a say in our future. Like more officers in stead of a plane. Which rumor was started by two officers who work directly for chief."

This statement obviously reveals your lack of intelligence and willingness to state anything to further your failing cause. First of all, your spelling and grammar reflects your unwillingness to learn or advance yourself. If you were at all concerned with improving yourself, because after all that’s what the union is about, you would attend college and learn how to spell and punctuate correctly. Of course, if you were attending college, you wouldn’t have time to sit on LEO Affairs and wage unwarranted personal attacks on innocent people …and we wouldn’t want that. Come on pal…take some pride in what you write if you believe so strongly about it.

Second of all, being one of the "two officers who work directly for the chief", I will go ahead and inform you, since you think you know so much, that we were not the ones who started in the rumor regarding the plane. In fact, I discuss no aspects of the projects or research I am conducting on behalf of the chief for that very reason. Idiots like yourself then take the information and contort it to fit into your nice little pro union propaganda campaign. If any information was gleaned regarding an effort to obtain an airplane for this department, it came from someone who obviously had no idea what they were talking about and who has a knack for blowing things completely out of proportion. Do you honestly think that during this time of government cutbacks and fiscal crisis, the City of Plant City would even entertain the idea of purchasing an airplane? If so, go sit in on a City Commission meeting. You will soon learn that the commission is committed to cutting back frivolous expenditures such as buying an airplane. Of course, that would require you set aside your myopic views on life, push yourself away from the keyboard and LEO Affairs, and listen to other perspectives on the reality of world around you.

If you want to be a social activist, there are plenty other things to ***** about. You should be concerned about real life issues like what the presidential candidates are discussing and how it will affect you and your family, or how we unite against a governor who will stop at nothing to cut funding for education, law enforcement and social programs. Why don’t you Rock that Vote? Those are the things adults concern themselves with, not whether the union can get a mini fridge installed in the trunk of our patrol car, get our guns issued to us when we retire, or get us 10 cents more an hour after three years of fighting with the city.

In conclusion, stop making outlandish and uneducated statements about people. You just make yourself look more ignorant and sully the profession of law enforcement. If you don’t like working here, leave. You probably haven’t been here long enough for us to remember your name after a year anyway, so it’s no big loss. Good luck voting today and don’t rock the vote to hard, it might tip over and drown you in your own stupidity.

250, way to go with your new leadership style! You really know how to motivate people! Pshhhh.... Motivate people to vote yes on the Union. Maybe you should take a class on leadership 250.... :lol:

02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow.. I pitty the guys that may work for you in the future.

02-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Again, this is a perfect illustration of how some union supporters like to take the statements of other people and bend them to fit their own views.

I never called union supporters idiots. I believe we all have to make choices and live with those choices whether good or bad. I supported the union several years ago until I found out what they were all about. I have been in your shoes. The idiot comment was directed at the author of the above slanderous accusations. Danny Smith and I are not responsible for spreading the rumor about buying an airplane. That is a lie. Period. Danny and I are used to being shunned and criticized simply because we work for the Chief; that comes with the territory. That being said, we should not be expected to simply sit back and allow those with ill intentions to slander our names. Ask yourselves this question: Why is it okay for some people who support the union to lie repeatedly, undermine Department and spread ill will to further their cause, but it is not okay for the victims of those actions to defend themselves? Kind of a double standard if you ask me.

As for my leadership capabilities, that still remains to be seen. I will not engage in a debate over whether or not I will be a good leader. If being loyal to a department , a Chief, and an administration that has always taken care of me and my family is poor leadership, then so be it. I will continue to remain loyal and outspoken against those causes that have the potential to affect me and my family whether I am promoted or not. I have the right, just as the pro union people have the right, to speak out about my beliefs. In the minds of some pro union people it appears that good leaders are those who keep their mouths shut and stay neutral. True leaders such as Dale Peterson were chastised because they stood up against union supporters who attempted to bring in a union without gaining a full consensus from everyone concerned. That’s a shame. Leaders are not afraid to stand up and fight for what they believe in. You will appreciate a supervisor who stands up for you one day when you want something.

02-22-2008, 01:21 PM
250 I know your not posting on here while hard at work, are you?

02-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Maybe idiot is too strong of a word the term ignorant would be better due to people who decide one thing or support one idea without research and refuse to listen to others.

Last time I checked this is a paramilitary agency and not a democracy. I see many people crying about things which they want changed. If you want them changed then challenge yourself with education, training classes, and promotional chances. If not then leave.

Tray would be a good supervisor as would Dave and Matt. You may say Tray has a bad leadership style because of the use of the word idiots but that shows emotion and conviction about something he believes in.

If you believe in the Union vote that way with conviction, I am sure the majority of officers will follow you.

Be safe and take care of each other because after all, thats all we have.