PDA

View Full Version : Only a matter of time.............

02-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Man kills 4, self at Northern Illinois

DEKALB, Ill. - Authorities say a man dressed in black opened fire from a stage of a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University, killing four people and himself. Campus Police Chief Donald Grady confirmed the deaths following a news conference. He says the gunman was not a student at the school and police had no apparent motive.

ADVERTISEMENT

The university president says witnesses in the geology class saw someone dressed in black came out from behind a screen in front of the classroom and opened fire with a shotgun.

All classes were canceled Thursday night and the 25,000-student campus was closed on Friday.

02-15-2008, 10:52 PM
if this were to happen at fiu, first off the response time would be horrible cuz we're too busy opening a door for a professor (hello! priorities!) secondly, the officers on duty (3 if we're lucky) would be responding without rifles...why? because our rifles, which we've had for 3 years, are locked inside the station. to make it worse, only the sgt's. have the access code for the rifles, which means patrol officers can not access the rifles by themselves. so, when a psycho decides to start shooting students at the graham center, the patrol officers must first go to the station (rather than the scene of the shooting) and wait for a sgt. to access the rifles...then, they must drive to the scene and basically fly by the seat of our pants. why? cuz we have no plan in place. the entire process would take well over 10 minutes, in the mean time, this psycho is shooting unarmed students while we're busy fumbling with our keys. on top of everything, even if we make it there on time with the rifles, we're not actually allowed to fire them since we have no SOP's on them. basically, we bought our rifles for show...just to look nice on tv.

the answer for everything here at fiu, is more speedbumps and phones in the classrooms. let me ask u something, when the shooting goes down, what the hell are phones gonna do for u??? u'd think the virginia tech shooting would teach us a lesson, but no!!! all we do is add phones rather than putting a plan in place.

02-15-2008, 11:01 PM
ur assuming the radios will actually work when the time comes...fact of the matter is, they won't.

something needs to be done.

02-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Dont forget. That's if the Sgt. even works that day....You can ask the Lt who is the Secret Service attache. All that federal training he has....Cmon ...Ask him what happened with the FHP...Oops.....How could this place go wrong.

02-16-2008, 12:04 AM
This is definitely the time to inform people that FIU is more prepared to collect money then to protect the student body & staff. They installed these so call emergency phones but if people are dead who's going to use them?

I wonder if certain Officer's/Sgt's/Lt's and Capt, will still feel like we are community policing when an event like this happens at FIU. Are we to talk to the subject(s) or should we just open the door for he/she to exit.

When something like this happens you so call community policing officer's "WILL YOU BE READY"? "WHAT WILL YOU DO"? While the same Administration and University personnel you are trying to support their outlook on us, will they be at the front lines with you or in their Office hiding from harm's way. And then will later sit back and play "Monday morning quarterback".

WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR THE UNIVERSITY & ESPECIALLY OUR CHIEF TO PREPARE THIS DEPARTMENT TO PROTECT THE STUDENT BODY & STAFF AS THEY CLAIM WE ARE FROM AN EVENT SUCH AS THIS? DOES IT TAKE AN ARMED MAN/WOMAN TO COME ON CAMPUS TO KILL A FEW PEOPLE BEFORE WE ARE CONSIDERED A REAL POLICE DEPARTMENT?

PEOPLE THINK? IT'S US SO CALL NON-REAL POLICE OFFICER THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY THAT WILL HAVE TO RESPOND, NOT THEM THAT TAKES HOME A DECENT PAY CHECK!

SO AGAIN BEFORE WE START BASHING EACH OTHER ON PERSONAL MATTERS AND OPIONS. THE REALITY IS THE UNIVERISTY DOESN'T WANT TO RESPECT OR ACKNOWLEDGE US AS OFFICERS OR COMMUNITY POLICE. BUT REST ASSURE WE WILL BE THE ONE'S THEY CALL ON. GUARANTEED!!! "BEFORE WE CAN PROTECT THE UNIVERISTY WE NEED TO MAKE SURE WE ARE PROTECTED & EQUIPED TO MAKE IT BACK HOME TO OUR FAMILIES"

I SAW ON THE NEWS LT STATED THAT WE ARE EQUIPPED AND HAVE THE MAN POWER TO HANDLE SUCH SITUATIONS "WE ALL KNOW ITS A LIE" AND THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT OF HOW UNPREPARED WE REALLY ARE WHEN ITS TOO LATE.

QUESTION: IS THE UNIVERSITY WILLING TO STAND OUT ON THE FRONT LINES FOR US LIKE THEY EXPECT US TO DO WHEN AN EVENT LIKE THIS OCCUR? OH LET ME GUESS.. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AT FIU.. THATS WHAT THE OTHER UNIVERISTY THOUGHT AS WELL

goodcop43
02-19-2008, 10:43 PM
If something happens, since they are community oriented, they will run away like p**** and dial 911...... When something happens, a lot of people will be losing their jobs. Admin wise of course, because they've been told of the issues repeatedly and as was said.. they respond with lies.

bloodshed
02-20-2008, 02:53 AM
If something happens, since they are community oriented, they will run away like p**** and dial 911...... When something happens, a lot of people will be losing their jobs. Admin wise of course, because they've been told of the issues repeatedly and as was said.. they respond with lies.

Yea I agree, and when that time come..the Chief better not come to his Officers for help....Sorry CHIEF.. We dont have your back.

02-24-2008, 06:45 AM

Yea I agree, and when that time come..the Cheif better not come to his Officers for help....Sorry CHEIF.. We dont have your back.

Slow down FIU Finest the word is spelled "Chief" but, I don't believe the Chief will come our way he might be in a safe position he will just blame his administration that is covering up his mess. It's only so much you can hide in the dark, eventually it comes to light. I hope that the ending result to all of this mess is that "NO OFFICER GETS HURT" AND THAT WE CAN BECOME AND BE RECOGNIZED AS A REAL POLICE DEPARTMENT.

03-15-2008, 03:06 AM
it never changes!

my suggestion is get out while you can because if the s**t hits the fan and you're there in the middle......i know i'd be looking out for #1 and the hell with the admin.. they aint gonna save you in court and "watch your back" for you. there are a few good admin people in the departmment but there are some that are walking around with blinders on like the rest of the university and living in denial thinking of course that nothing will happen at fiu. i got news for you. it goes higher than your department staff, people. it goes all the way up to the top of the latter there at FIU.. its never changed and it never will until God forbid something bad happens and then its too late because they were too scared that giving you a rifle would make it a militant looking department. opps i almost said real department.. your radios are unfortunately an issue which cant be resolved because of building construction. its a great hurricane shelter. i would suggest cell phones if you dont have one. kudos to those of you who do. take home cars?1 what? are you kidding? i would suggest you carry a rifle in your car and grab it when you need it because if you wait for the sgt.....good luck.. remember, duck and cover. get on that spare metro radio and call fore 315s baby.. thats the only thing thats gonna save your asses.

05-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Most of the officers at FIU would never make it anywhere else; if you don't believe me ask that want to be Falcon or that sicodic Alfonso maybe even your con union rep Frank Torres these guys don't have a clue. Stop crying and do your job; a coward dies a thousand times a man only once. Be a man and stop killing yourself daily. You get a check don't you??? :D

06-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Its really a shame that practically no one gets along at this PD! Its bad enough we have to fight the bad guy on the street let alone our own co workers and we all carry guns! Hello!!!! I would be concerned with getting shot by supposed friendly fire! And BTW who gives a shit who can't make it at other places as stated, I've worked with Falcon and Alfonso. I admit Alfonso is way off the beaten path at times and only concerned for himself. At least he'll be the the first one to start the shooting when need be. As far as Falcon is concerned, All you guys are lucky he's not your CHIEF. Half you guys would be working for the Graham Center sweeping the floors. Falcon is a stand up guy and he is a cops cop!!! Wish I still worked with him. The fact that UPD's are so under equiped is our own fault! I blame our own police admin. They know they can get the proper equipment, butt they don't. A word of advice to the PBA rep short shorts find out where they like to spend and throw awy their money at the PD and you will see why you don't have the proper equipment. They can do a hell of alot more than they tell you, they don't. If they did it would cause them to actually do work, HaHa!! Good luck to you guys. Chat with ya soon!!

06-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Capt Wright was asked a few years back for a contingency plan in case of such an emergency and his very serious answer was, call dispatch for them to call metro.
Quit wasting everyone’s time and either leave or if you have to stay just enjoy the ride like those you like to call security guards. The Brazilian always had a good time. Those of you that have no other choice but to stay, become a Brazilian time will go faster.

02-18-2012, 11:40 PM
who the heck is captain wright? never heard of him.