PDA

View Full Version : WORK TO DA RULE START DATE

02-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Everyone keeps asking about a start date. The city officials are currently looking at a proposal sent by the FOP. We should have an answer wether their gonna approve or reject in a matter of a few weeks. Why dont we sit tight and give th city the benefit of the doubt and see what they do. If they regect it, we should start the rule on that same date.

Also, We need to chill with the usage of our take-homes while off duty. For those of you that have one, you can relate how nice it really is. The city manager already considered pulling the plug on the take-home program due to the gas usage but the chief went to bat for us. We need to limit the usage of the cars by at least 50%. Dont be selffish and cause us to lose what we worked so hard to get. use your personal cars please. Also, PLEASE turn the cars off at the PD and while on 40. You guys dont realize how close we are to losing our take-homes. PLEASE!

Lastly, no more crap talking about each other. We are a family and need to start acting like it. The city loves reading that we cant get along. We need to show them that were tight and strong.

Hang in there guys, theres light at the end of this tunnel.

P.S. i'm one of those proactive officers that were mentioned in some of the past posts. I'll be the first to shutdown when we ALL agree to do it. I already spoke with the rest of the highly proactive officers and they agreed as well.

02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Sounds like a plan....We might as well get ready to do this because I no longer have any confidence in the city manager.

02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
STOP USING THE MARKED CARS OFF DUTY FOR A WHILE. DONT CAUSE US TO LOSE OUR ONLY INCENTIVE FOR WORKING IN THIS DUMP OF A CITY.

AND TURN THE DAMN THINGS OFF WHILE ON 40!!!!!!!!

02-15-2008, 01:48 AM
If a superviser tells you in open roll call "If you don't like it then leave" HELLLLLLOOOOOO!!!! its time to put in an application somewhere dude.

Basically they just said your service is not needed or appreciated and we think no body else will hire you. If you know nobody else will hire you, shut up and take what you get, and make the most of it. If you know thats not the case, hit the bricks!!!

02-15-2008, 04:32 AM
thats not what this forum is about. Its about our contract issues. Keep it relevent to the issue at hand. We all know what Sgt said that.

The only thing that I want to say about him is that he disappointed me greatly. He was an amazing road cop and an even better handler. I respected him as everyone else did due to his knowledge and great work ethic. Now that he got those three stripes, he turned into a monster and lost the respect of most.

Sarge, if you read this, just know that you cant change the world, let alone Lauderhill. Every department has their problems, just know that. If departments were perfect, there would be no need for bosses. I admire that you want to change the way things are done, but you are going about it the absoute wrong way.

I'm one of the few that continue to defend you when your name comes up, but thats coming to an end.

Good luck sarge, how it was worth it.

NOW, BACK TO THE CONTRACT AND WORKING TO THE RULE :lol:

02-15-2008, 07:06 AM
BSO is looking better and better everyday.

Dont want to leave here but damn, what else can they take from us?? Now our cars??? You have got to be kidding me!

Oh, and a crime suppression unit is starting up again this month..riiiiiiiiiight

02-15-2008, 04:21 PM
That crime suppression unit is just to show people that we talk about working to the rule everyday, but in the end we are all individuals and self promotion is more important than the good of the many.

The same people talking about work to the rule will be the same people putting in their memos to go to that unit! The end result will be the guys that hold us together on the streets get a select spot (so they stop complaning) and the rest go on with the same old bs. Its divide and concure, they know that guys want the specialized units so they use them as bait! They promise select people scraps from the table to sell the rest out and it works like a charm everytime.

We dont get contracts for the same reason, the FOP is in their pocket at least on a local level and our department reps just want to be in the good ole boy club so they are a non factor.

By the way: if you dont think that crime suppression unit has already been selected youre crazy!!!

02-15-2008, 10:09 PM
That crime suppression unit is just to show people that we talk about working to the rule everyday, but in the end we are all individuals and self promotion is more important than the good of the many.

The same people talking about work to the rule will be the same people putting in their memos to go to that unit! The end result will be the guys that hold us together on the streets get a select spot (so they stop complaning) and the rest go on with the same old bs. Its divide and concure, they know that guys want the specialized units so they use them as bait! They promise select people scraps from the table to sell the rest out and it works like a charm everytime.

We dont get contracts for the same reason, the FOP is in their pocket at least on a local level and our department reps just want to be in the good ole boy club so they are a non factor.

By the way: if you dont think that crime suppression unit has already been selected youre crazy!!!I have to disagree but not totally. We can still work to the rule with eager self promoters going into street crimes. A 2 person street crimes unit will not change anything. They failed miserably with a 4 man unit over the holidays. In fact it might help if they take a couple uncontrollably proactive guys off our hands so the people who really care about our future as a whole can work to the rule more effectively.

02-15-2008, 10:47 PM
THERE WAS NO "WORK TO THE RULE" TODAY, THATS FOR SURE

02-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Anyone care to comment further
on the original post?

02-16-2008, 06:18 AM
work the tase bro

02-17-2008, 01:15 AM
The work to the rule date has been moved back. We are waiting for the city to vote no on our contract proposal. It should be coming up soon. No one should have to say anything on this website or anywhere else when it happens. Our work to the rule start date is the day the commision votes no to our proposal.

02-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Exactly, we wont have to come onto this page to start the rule date. We will all know in a matter of weeks.

02-19-2008, 03:22 AM
thats not what this forum is about. Its about our contract issues. Keep it relevent to the issue at hand. We all know what Sgt said that.

The only thing that I want to say about him is that he disappointed me greatly. He was an amazing road cop and an even better handler. I respected him as everyone else did due to his knowledge and great work ethic. Now that he got those three stripes, he turned into a monster and lost the respect of most.

Sarge, if you read this, just know that you cant change the world, let alone Lauderhill. Every department has their problems, just know that. If departments were perfect, there would be no need for bosses. I admire that you want to change the way things are done, but you are going about it the absoute wrong way.

I'm one of the few that continue to defend you when your name comes up, but thats coming to an end.

Good luck sarge, how it was worth it.

NOW, BACK TO THE CONTRACT AND WORKING TO THE RULE :lol:

Whats the story with everybody calling out sick? Making a statement?

02-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Might as well enjoy about the only perk you can get!