PDA

View Full Version : STATS

02-13-2008, 01:32 AM
stats seem to be a big topic on noons right now. I don't think the problem is with the shift, I think it's with 2 people. CS and CB. CB, for the love playa, write a ticket or take a traffic stop, it's not that hard man. How can you be an FTO when you don't teach your rooks those basic and most important skills, cmon man, your bringing a lot of heat to our shift. SRT guys should be at the top of their game. I know traffic isn't for everybody but in your case, I don't even think basic police work is in your daily routine.

CS, your another one bringing heat to our shift, do something already, if you can't work the road right, how can you be expected to be on SRT.

I look up to you guys but our SGT's are comming down on us and we all know it's mainly you guys that are bringing this upon us. help us out you lazy people!!!!!!!!

LFK
02-13-2008, 05:52 PM
There was a time, not too long ago, when SRT guys on the road were the real leaders and workhorses. They were required to lead the shift in stats in order to remain on the team. Somewhere along the way, the elitism took over and now SRT guys think they are the schizznit. Well, YOU aren't. Most of you are the laziest people on the road, and it's spreading to the "baggage handlers, skycaps" you call techs. Check the SRT "techs" stats, they also have some of the lowest on each shift

SRT needs a good kick in the ace. CB, RG, CS, CC, and the lot of them need to remember they are the reason the stats are low. But because their egos are so large, they won't be able to realize it nor admit it. Useless road officers, that is what SRT people have become. Oh and NR, Team Leader? if you don't like this post too bad, I guess the truth hurts, doesn't it?

02-14-2008, 02:15 AM
All you have to do for EVERY shift is look at the daily logs that the Sgt's put out and you either see the same officers making arrests or never see certain officers names making self initiated arrests. No one is saying that you have to be a ball of fire every day, but for the love, please try to be something other than a CSO with a gun! There is plenty of time to do your own thing, but there is also a time when you need to step up to the plate and do some actual police work. The streets are out of control and not getting out of your cars except to respond to calls is not helping the situation. If you have been offended by this email, take a look in the mirror before your next shift and ask yourself why. Just a thought, no offense intended.

02-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Stats are one thing but b/c of these slugs I predict the perks are gonna be gone next.

How come the officer that was praised from coming back from Iraq oh... i mean SRT School was so big and bad but now he is sitting right up front with good old Margo. MMMMMM...new on the team but he learns quick.

To be honest I dont think its SRT only because CB has been useless as a cop ever since he started here...anyway heres a photo of COLONEL REYES & FBI CPT TM

http://www.insert-coins.dk/images/20070621161228_cows.jpg

02-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Thats just wrong...funny, but wrong

02-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Stats are one thing but b/c of these slugs I predict the perks are gonna be gone next.

How come the officer that was praised from coming back from Iraq oh... i mean SRT School was so big and bad but now he is sitting right up front with good old Margo. MMMMMM...new on the team but he learns quick.

To be honest I dont think its SRT only because CB has been useless as a cop ever since he started here...anyway heres a photo of COLONEL REYES & FBI CPT TM

http://www.insert-coins.dk/images/20070621161228_cows.jpg

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

02-16-2008, 05:22 AM
This really sounds like the admin are writing these posts. When does any road guy write a whole topic about how lazy people are on stats? Last time I checked we only care about officer safey, and handle your zone. Who says you need to write a million tickets to be a good officer? What ever happened to discretion.

Now this post would make sense if you included everyone, ie lazy vets. They make the most money, and do the least work. But nooooooo, get mad at the rooks, and SRT for not writing lots of tickets, and your salty vets stay under the radar! Yeah, real good.

02-16-2008, 02:38 PM
What ever happened to discretion.

Are you exercising "discretion" by referring to all veteran officers as lazy? Is that your idea of "discretion"?

Here is a novel idea, why don't you just shut the hell up and do your job and let the supervisors do theirs? Your job is not to worry about what someone else is or is not doing, that is a supervisors responsibilty. If it bothers you so much then take a promotional exam, get promoted, then it will be your place to worry about these things. Until then, quit lecturing others about discretion when obviously you have none.

There are lazy vets and lazy rooks, and NMB is small enough that we all know who they are. They have to live with their reputations, not us.

02-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Guest, apparently you are one of the problems. Handle your zones? When you say handle your zones, it should encompass everything that happens in that zone. By just taking report calls in your zone is not handling your zone. Handling your zone means taking proactive police action when you see traffic infractions, gang bangers hanging out on the corners, subjects riding four deep in vehicles, homeless people who are obviously hanging around to purchase narcotics etc... I've heard rumors about officers taking a total of six traffic stops in a year. How does that happen and how does that officer put on a uniform everyday and accept a paycheck? The only thing that I agree with you on is that yes there are lazy "Vets". So when is a person a "Vet" as the senior officer on mids has two years on? There is a fine line between being too lazy to do your job and being too much of a coward to do your job and that is what should concern everyone who works for NMB. "Rooks" will soon be topped out in pay, which is a long ways from being considered a "Vet" who actually has done police work along the way before and after topping out on the pay scale. Whether you are a patrol officer, Detective, SRT member, Street Crimes unit, VIN unit or a Traffic unit, if you are a lazy B*stard, you are ultimately hurting the rest of the department. You know who you are....really..YOUUUUU KNOOOOW ITTTTTT!!!!!

02-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Guest, apparently you are one of the problems. Handle your zones? When you say handle your zones, it should encompass everything that happens in that zone. By just taking report calls in your zone is not handling your zone. Handling your zone means taking proactive police action when you see traffic infractions, gang bangers hanging out on the corners, subjects riding four deep in vehicles, homeless people who are obviously hanging around to purchase narcotics etc... I've heard rumors about officers taking a total of six traffic stops in a year. How does that happen and how does that officer put on a uniform everyday and accept a paycheck? The only thing that I agree with you on is that yes there are lazy "Vets". So when is a person a "Vet" as the senior officer on mids has two years on? There is a fine line between being too lazy to do your job and being too much of a coward to do your job and that is what should concern everyone who works for NMB. "Rooks" will soon be topped out in pay, which is a long ways from being considered a "Vet" who actually has done police work along the way before and after topping out on the pay scale. Whether you are a patrol officer, Detective, SRT member, Street Crimes unit, VIN unit or a Traffic unit, if you are a lazy B*stard, you are ultimately hurting the rest of the department. You know who you are....really..YOUUUUU KNOOOOW ITTTTTT!!!!!

no kidding genius, handle your zone means handle it. you just went into more detail about what i meant. and who is the coward here. if you feel that theres somone here that is a danger to the dept, then grab those two little grapes between your legs and sound off your opinion.

02-18-2008, 10:10 PM
You can't handle it until you take ownership and responsibility for your patrol zone.
If you don't care, you need to find something else to do.

02-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Ha Guest, did I hit a sour note with you? First of all how do you know that I have a pair between my legs? I just may happen to be a female officer and if I did have a pair between my legs, I'm sure that they would slap nicely against your chin. Funny how you neglected your whole topic about "Vets" being lazier than "rooks" as you stated. Why don't you quit whining and crying like a little beeeotch and ask your fellow officers why they are not doing anything other than responding to dispatched calls. As the geat poster Donald Trump would state....."Guest...you are fired!!"
One more thing... Yoouuuuuu Knoooowwww Itttttttttt!

02-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Who cares about stats, who cares what eople think, and who cares about what happens here. I'm here to collect a paycheck and thats it. I do whats asked of me and thats it. I arrest who I want and ticket who I want and thats it. If you think for one second that people here care about you, you are saddly mistaken. The only people who care about you is you family. This $hit with stats is a f...ing joke. I'm not disgruntled nor do I walk around sayinfg I hate this place, cuz I don't, I've just seen the big picture and it's not stats, thats for sure, its how much money can I make to better my standard of living for me and my family and what will I walk away with when I leave. I use to have that spark but if you spend enough time here, that spark will die. Rookies, se the big picture, you have a 95% chance of spending your whole career on the road, especially now with the 8 year drop. If you wanna work narcotics, db, traffic, street crimes, or anything else like that, your chances are slim. Leave and go to the county, they have more opportuinites and their FRS, which is much better than ours, do the math, your pension will cost you about $150,000-$200,000, when FRS is free, silzch, nada. Think about it.

02-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Nice post LF, your spots never change or does your language !

02-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Sorry, not Lf, just someone that knows whats important, of course our job gives us the standard of living were use too, but stats don't mean $hit, arrest don't mean $hit, how many calls I answer or how long I take doesn't mean $hit, nor does the eval that I receive at the end of the year, when you retire you won't think of how proactive you were, all you'll think about is your pension and health coverage and whether or not you have to work again cuz your bored or cuz you have to, to pay he bills. That piece of $hit you arrest or that a-hole you gave a ticket too just isn't worth it. Again, make as much $$$$$$ as you can then haule arse, for you rooks, look elsewhere unless road patroll is your future...

02-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Wow how insightful Thinker. Do what you want and thats it. No more than you have too and thats it. Great game plan you have there. Just what everyone wants, a cop who does what they want to and nothing more. Just what the council wants to bring up on the next contract when we are asking for raises. "Well, The Thinker stated that he or she does what they want and nothing more!" You are correct about getting as much money as you can for your future and taking care of your family. I have no problem with that. But, don't do proactive police work and ignore the scumbags that are running our streets? A little proactive police work may put one of these scumbags behind bars and keep them from shooting another cop within three blocks from our station. I dont know but call me a "thinker" as well, but when I leave here I want to leave with a good pension and knowing that I did something in my career to earn it other than responding to dispatched calls. If you are so down on this place and are advising the new officers to leave, sounds to me that you need to leave too. The grass isnt always greener on the other side to quote a cliche, so how about trying to improve the department rather than running it down.

02-19-2008, 01:36 AM
Nice post LF, your spots never change or does your language !
Afternoon LEO I do not hide behind a fake screen name. As far as my language or my spots changing I am glad to see I left a lasting impression on you. I am sure you will never do the same for me. Have a nice life.

02-19-2008, 10:54 AM
USER 1 GIVE UP, THE SGTS AT NMB ARE LOUSY SUPERVISORS. THEY DONT WANT TO CONFRONT ANYONE UNLESS THEY DONT LIKE YOU THEN THEY WILL GLADLY WRITE YOU UP. IF THEY DID THERE JOBS AS SUPERVISORS BY RESPONDING TO OFFICERS CALLS AND MAKING SURE OFFICERS WERE NOT MILKING CALLS THE DEPARTMENT WOULD BE BETTER, BUT THATS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, YOU JUST NEED TO MILK THE CALLS LIKE THEY DO AND YOUR STRESS LEVEL WILL SUBSIDE. I REMEMBER WHEN OFFICER STEWART SENT OUT AN E-MAIL TO THE ENTIRE DEPARTMENT CHALLENGING THEM TO GET OFF THERE BUTS AND DO SOME WORK, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED STEWART GOT WRITTEN UP AND THINGS DIDNT CHANGE, AND YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME ON THIS BS SITE THINKING WHAT YOU SAY MEANS ANYTHING. JUST SIT BACK RELAX TAKE ONE CALL AT A TIME AND I AM SURE YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR JOB NOT STRESSING OUT. 8) 8) 8)

02-20-2008, 12:20 AM
I don't think that it's anyones fault. What it boils down to is $hit rolls down hill. If the Majors have bad attitudes, so do the Captains, then Sgt's, then Officers. I'm not putting the Chief into this yet cuz he just started and it will take time to get things turned around. But if the Captains and Sgt's see the Majors bad mouth subordinates, and back stab eachother, and so on, well behavior that behavior sort of spreads and it puts a bad taste in peoples mouths. So this has been going on for so long that it has turned into the norm at this place. Until things change, don't put yourself in harms way and just go out there and make as much $$$$$ as you can. God forbid something bad happens to you, you'll still have people talking $hiznat about you although you payed the ultimate price. For instance when Janvier felt backed into a wall, especially when Katerman told him he was a disgrace to our agency and before any IA had even started, when we hard of his tragedy, people were talking $hit about him, like Motor6....Just go out there, be as safe as possible, and try to make as much money as you can so you and your family can live comfortable....

02-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Who cares about stats, who cares what eople think, and who cares about what happens here. I'm here to collect a paycheck and thats it. I do whats asked of me and thats it. I arrest who I want and ticket who I want and thats it. If you think for one second that people here care about you, you are saddly mistaken. The only people who care about you is you family.

YOU ARE CORRECT. WHO DOES CARE ABOUT STATS? BUT WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE HERE TO COLLECT A PAYCHECK THINK ABOUT THIS THINKER...

LETS TRAVEL IN TIME AND ASSUME THAT ALL OFFICERS HAD THAT MIND SET WHICH IS PROMOTED BY OFFICERS LIKE YOURSELF.

MAYBE THE SAME OFFICER LIKE YOURSELF SAW A SUSPICIOUS MALE HANGING OUT AT THE BOCA MALL AND SAID TO HIMSELF, "MAN IM JUST GOING TO GO EAT AND THAT GUYS GOING TO BE QRU PLUS WHO GIVES A f@CK ALL I CARE ABOUT IS MY FAMILY ANYWAY. THEN A SHORT TIME LATER THAT SAME PERSON KIDNAPPED AND MURDERED AN INNOCENT MOTHER AND HER CHILD.

OR HEY THAT WHITE TAURIS JUST RAN THAT STOP SIGN, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ITS NOT WORTH STOPING BECAUSE ITS CLOSE TO 06 TIME AND I STILL HAVEN'T VISITED MY 33 AT 172/DIX...A SHORT TIME LATER THE PASSENGER IN THE VEHICLE SHOOTS ONE OF OUR OWN BROTHERS IN THE FACE WITH AN AK-47...

GUESS WHAT THINKER NONE OF THESE VICTIMS WERE SUBJECTS AND THEY COULD HAVE BEEN YOUR DAUGHTER, YOUR WIFE, OR YOUR BROTHER.

NOW THAT IS THE BIGGER PICTURE

LETS NOT FORGET WHY WE DO ARE JOBS AND THATS TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT FROM THE SAVAGES OUT THERE. AND I WANT TO THANK ALL THE HARD WORKING PROACTIVE OFFICERS THAT GIVE IT 110% EVERY DAY AND NOT FOR STATS OR TO PLEASE ANYONE BUT IN THE HOPES THAT THEIR EFFORTS PREVENTED A TRAGEDY FROM HAPPENING THAT NIGHT.

AND FOR THOSE THAT JUST HANG OUT PARKED UNDER A TREE, I HOPE THE OFFICERS IN YOUR COMMUNITY DONT HAVE YOUR WORK ETHIC ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR WIVES OR HUSBANDS OR CHILDREN ARE OUT AND ABOUT...GODSPEED TO ALL & BE SAFE

02-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Guest, you can play what if games all day long, but what it comes down to is you need to do whats best for you. The Thinker has made some good points, in some respect I agree with what he or she is saying.

02-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Who cares about stats, who cares what eople think, and who cares about what happens here. I'm here to collect a paycheck and thats it. I do whats asked of me and thats it. I arrest who I want and ticket who I want and thats it. If you think for one second that people here care about you, you are saddly mistaken. The only people who care about you is you family.

YOU ARE CORRECT. WHO DOES CARE ABOUT STATS? BUT WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE HERE TO COLLECT A PAYCHECK THINK ABOUT THIS THINKER...

LETS TRAVEL IN TIME AND ASSUME THAT ALL OFFICERS HAD THAT MIND SET WHICH IS PROMOTED BY OFFICERS LIKE YOURSELF.

MAYBE THE SAME OFFICER LIKE YOURSELF SAW A SUSPICIOUS MALE HANGING OUT AT THE BOCA MALL AND SAID TO HIMSELF, "MAN IM JUST GOING TO GO EAT AND THAT GUYS GOING TO BE QRU PLUS WHO GIVES A f@CK ALL I CARE ABOUT IS MY FAMILY ANYWAY. THEN A SHORT TIME LATER THAT SAME PERSON KIDNAPPED AND MURDERED AN INNOCENT MOTHER AND HER CHILD.

OR HEY THAT WHITE TAURIS JUST RAN THAT STOP SIGN, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ITS NOT WORTH STOPING BECAUSE ITS CLOSE TO 06 TIME AND I STILL HAVEN'T VISITED MY 33 AT 172/DIX...A SHORT TIME LATER THE PASSENGER IN THE VEHICLE SHOOTS ONE OF OUR OWN BROTHERS IN THE FACE WITH AN AK-47...

GUESS WHAT THINKER NONE OF THESE VICTIMS WERE SUBJECTS AND THEY COULD HAVE BEEN YOUR DAUGHTER, YOUR WIFE, OR YOUR BROTHER.

LETS NOT FORGET WHY WE DO ARE JOBS AND THATS TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT FROM THE SAVAGES OUT THERE. AND I WANT TO THANK ALL THE HARD WORKING PROACTIVE OFFICERS THAT GIVE IT 110% EVERY DAY AND NOT FOR STATS OR TO PLEASE ANYONE BUT IN THE HOPES THAT THEIR EFFORTS PREVENTED A TRAGEDY FROM HAPPENING THAT NIGHT.

AND FOR THOSE THAT JUST HANG OUT PARKED UNDER A TREE, I HOPE THE OFFICERS IN YOUR COMMUNITY DONT HAVE YOUR WORK ETHIC ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR WIVES OR HUSBANDS OR CHILDREN ARE OUT AND ABOUT...GODSPEED TO ALL & BE SAFE

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-24-2008, 12:09 AM

Amen to that. You proactive guys... especially the rookies, family is the most important thing in the world but you are in a different league than the rest of society. You are here to do a job that few people (sadly even some officers) refuse to do. You are the only thing separating the savages from people just like your family. You guys know who you are... and dont let anyone tell you to slow down or take it easy. God forbid you or your family need help and the help thats on the way made the decision to slow down and take it easy. Dont be another sheep. Be proud and be safe.

"If you dont live for something you die for nothing!"

02-24-2008, 05:29 AM
[/quote]AND FOR THOSE THAT JUST HANG OUT PARKED UNDER A TREE, I HOPE THE OFFICERS IN YOUR COMMUNITY DONT HAVE YOUR WORK ETHIC ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR WIVES OR HUSBANDS OR CHILDREN ARE OUT AND ABOUT...GODSPEED TO ALL & BE SAFE

well put...

02-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Guest, you can play what if games all day long, but what it comes down to is you need to do whats best for you. The Thinker has made some good points, in some respect I agree with what he or she is saying.

you obviously did not get BSO's post moron...that victim may in fact one day be your family member who may have been helped but dies b/c some lazy Jackass like yourself who plays cop is hiding in a grocery store sipping soda.

02-24-2008, 11:56 PM
One day rookie you will learn that being a hero will get you no where. It takes time to really understand what this career is all about. We'll talk again in 5 years about the way you feel, no, actually I'll be retired.

02-25-2008, 10:14 PM
One day rookie you will learn that being a hero will get you no where. It takes time to really understand what this career is all about. We'll talk again in 5 years about the way you feel, no, actually I'll be retired.

Wow Thinker 2, either your an old time cop who has just been burned too many times over the years and you are just ready to retire...Or your a coward who has'nt done sh!t since you've been here and you've been called on it. What ever the case may be, do us all a favor and retire because its scarry to think that your backing me up out there. Go slide back in to the rest or society as a sheep and let us handle the job you're too scared to do. Enjoy youre retirement.

02-26-2008, 01:54 AM
Guest, it seems you still have a maturity issue to deal with like most rookies fresh off probation. When you get some salt under your belt, then, and only then, will you be in the league of the senior dogs at this agency. Until then, go do what all of us have done our first years, kick arse and take people to jail. Remember, there's a reason why they ask in court how long you've been a police officer, the state and our peers (judges, jury, citizens) feel more comfortable with the decisions of a seasoned cop rather than someone fresh out of the academy. Be safe.

02-26-2008, 03:18 AM
Thinker you are a moron. By your own admission it is obvious that you have not done crap in a long time, so how do you know what the state attorneys or judges want to hear? I don't know of too many officers that started out making lots of arrests and then turned to slackerville. Being a lazy do nothing and putting fellow officers in jeopardy is not something that you learn to do. It's in your character or lack of in your case. You should think about taking up another profession that suits you. Maybe massage therapy school or working at the car wash on the bull. By the way I have the same time or more than you so this wasnt from a "rook". Get a life slacker! Youuuuuu Knooooow ittttttttttt!