PDA

View Full Version : I heard WMPD has new openings for certified officers.

fisherman
02-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I just heard that WMPD has new openings for certified officers, is this true? Also, I have 4 questions:

1- are your officers allowed to wear facial hair like goatees?
2-do you get take homes right after completing FTO phase?
3-do you get charged for the take home and if so how much?
4- are Glock pistols allowed for duty/off duty carry?

Thank you for any info you can provide and stay safe out there!

02-12-2008, 05:25 PM
I just heard that WMPD has new openings for certified officers, is this true? Also, I have 4 questions:

1- are your officers allowed to wear facial hair like goatees?
2-do you get take homes right after completing FTO phase?
3-do you get charged for the take home and if so how much?
4- are Glock pistols allowed for duty/off duty carry?

Thank you for any info you can provide and stay safe out there!

I heard BSO is taking over soon

fisherman
02-13-2008, 03:56 AM
BSO? It not going to happen, TRUST ME! I'm already with another agency. But, this kid that lives in my neighborhood asked me about you guys, so I told him I'd find out for him. I told him that WMPD has always been a pretty good agency, I just told him to stay away from the malcontents that post so much juvenile garbage on this forum.

02-13-2008, 04:28 AM
BSO? It not going to happen, TRUST ME! I'm already with another agency. But, this kid that lives in my neighborhood asked me about you guys, so I told him I'd find out for him. I told him that WMPD has always been a pretty good agency, I just told him to stay away from the malcontents that post so much juvenile garbage on this forum.

Oh that 1-29-08 vote will have such an impact on your department. Whether it be FLPD or BSO you should pray that it let's you GO from this incompetent Mayor Scott Newton, City Manager Joseph Gallegos and most of all the infameous loser that I worked with, Police Chief ****, No Rick Perez. Newton loves to have coffee with FLPD Fire.I have never met and been supervised with such a ego charged, women and gay hating police officer or public official then rick perez. Sad excuse of a human being and to think he has the power to hire and fire. Hope your HR people keep him in check or your PD will have big personnel problems.

02-13-2008, 09:03 AM

If you know so much about our agency then why do you have to come on here and ask questions for some kid. I say your a fraud. Go "fishing" in another pond.

02-14-2008, 04:22 AM

Oh that 1-29-08 vote will have such an impact on your department. Whether it be FLPD or BSO you should pray that it let's you GO from this incompetent Mayor Scott Newton, City Manager Joseph Gallegos and most of all the infameous loser that I worked with, Police Chief ., No Rick Perez. Newton loves to have coffee with FLPD Fire.I have never met and been supervised with such a ego charged, women and gay hating police officer or public official then rick perez. Sad excuse of a human being and to think he has the power to hire and fire. Hope your HR people keep him in check or your PD will have big personnel problems.

I hear we have major problems with poor hirings and bad firings and major lawsuits that being withheld from the public. Just put your ear or rear up( someone would really like that ) to the HR trailer and you will learn a lot. :wink:

04-26-2008, 06:14 AM
[quote=fisherman]BSO? It not going to happen, TRUST ME! I'm already with another agency. But, this kid that lives in my neighborhood asked me about you guys, so I told him I'd find out for him. I told him that WMPD has always been a pretty good agency, I just told him to stay away from the malcontents that post so much juvenile garbage on this forum.

Oh that 1-29-08 vote will have such an impact on your department. Whether it be FLPD or BSO you should pray that it let's you GO from this incompetent Mayor Scott Newton, City Manager Joseph Gallegos and most of all the infameous loser that I worked with, Police Chief ., No Rick Perez. Newton loves to have coffee with FLPD Fire.I have never met and been supervised with such a ego charged, women and gay hating police officer or public official then rick perez. Sad excuse of a human being and to think he has the power to hire and fire. Hope your HR people keep him in check or your PD will have big personnel problems.

I hear we have major problems with poor hirings and bad firings and major lawsuits that being withheld from the public. Just put your ear or rear up( someone would really like that ) to the HR trailer and you will learn a lot. :wink:[/quote:3omofyjc]

So true. So true.

04-28-2008, 04:36 AM
[quote=fisherman]BSO? It not going to happen, TRUST ME! I'm already with another agency. But, this kid that lives in my neighborhood asked me about you guys, so I told him I'd find out for him. I told him that WMPD has always been a pretty good agency, I just told him to stay away from the malcontents that post so much juvenile garbage on this forum.

I hear we have major problems with poor hirings and bad firings and major lawsuits that being withheld from the public. Just put your ear or rear up( someone would really like that ) to the HR trailer and you will learn a lot. :wink:

So true. So true.[/quote:1iu5tefl]

Yes.WM is going to have to bite the bullet. The taxpayers need to ask tough questions about the city leadership , whow they will be really looking into the chairs of advisory boards. Thank god it is an election year.

04-29-2008, 01:21 PM
[quote="Blue Whisper":2f7r4mp6][quote=fisherman]BSO? It not going to happen, TRUST ME! I'm already with another agency. But, this kid that lives in my neighborhood asked me about you guys, so I told him I'd find out for him. I told him that WMPD has always been a pretty good agency, I just told him to stay away from the malcontents that post so much juvenile garbage on this forum.

So true. So true.[/quote:2f7r4mp6]

Yes.WM is going to have to bite the bullet. The taxpayers need to ask tough questions about the city leadership , whow they will be really looking into the chairs of advisory boards. Thank god it is an election year.[/quote:2f7r4mp6]

What do chairs of the advisory boards have to do with anything...now you attack volunteers too....

05-16-2008, 04:48 AM

So true. So true.[/quote:3pquq8p9]

Bye bye Captain Wiley. Bye Bye Officer Brian Perry. Who shall be next ? :lol:

06-03-2008, 04:49 PM

Oh that 1-29-08 vote will have such an impact on your department. Whether it be FLPD or BSO you should pray that it let's you GO from this incompetent Mayor Scott Newton, City Manager Joseph Gallegos and most of all the infameous loser that I worked with, Police Chief ., No Rick Perez. Newton loves to have coffee with FLPD Fire.I have never met and been supervised with such a ego charged, women and gay hating police officer or public official then rick perez. Sad excuse of a human being and to think he has the power to hire and fire. Hope your HR people keep him
in check or your PD will have big personnel problems.

So true. So true.[/quote:2f843mt6]

How many relatives does Newton have? Maybe they all can be hired to run the PD. Isn't that his MO? Doesn't he order the Chief to hire a relative? Then the tax payers foot the BILL for their training. Then they more on.

06-22-2008, 06:10 AM
If you are a certified officer the city has two requirements for you to be processed and hired. Number one is that you have been terminated or fired by the previous police or law enforcement agency you worked for. The second is that you have been investigated for criminal misconduct by the Broward State Attorneys Office. If you are certified and not have been thrown in jail, then Human Resources through Brenda Clanton or Dio Sancez will embrace your application. And then Chief Richard E Perez will hire you in a heartbeat in complete disregard for the safety of his officers to make sure all the "vacancies" are filled as the migration of qualified officers swells. Thanks Chief. You really do us proud.

07-17-2008, 03:59 AM
Does your agency give a bump in starting pay for prior law experience???? I could not find anything on the web page.

07-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Does your agency give a bump in starting pay for prior law experience???? I could not find anything on the web page.

How about calling Human Resources???